PDA

View Full Version : My first live battle...

John Dos
06-18-2011, 01:31 PM
I talked to Mike Flamez(Buckeye Battle League) last night, he tells me he can get me a battle on the 30th of June. I told him I couldn't make it though, and here's why...
The event is in Toledo, Ohio and it's a 5 hr drive from where I live in Kankakee, and the guy I'm battling wants me to put cake up. It will cost enough just to make it out there, let-alone put money on a battle...Plus, I think it's waaaay too short notice, it's the 18th now... It really bums me out too, cuz I have been wanting a battle, and now that an opportunity has come I won't be able to make it. I would have battled Ghiftd...Look him up on Youtube he is pretty good, but tbh I would have slayed him lol...I can prepare material on that short notice no problem, but taking off work and getting money up for the trip would be mad tough to do...

This sucks:(

Óðinn
06-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Oppprtunitys dont always come exactly how you want them to, its all about makin the best outta the situation... I'd go for it man, fuck it! Dont know bout puttin any money on the line just yet tho, as you bein a new comer an ish....

Just C
06-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Damn. gutted. Another oppurtunity will come along tho

John Dos
06-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Putting money on the line was the only way I would've been able to battle the guy, according to Mike Flamez...

I would have no problem doing that, but I can't schedule off work on such short notice like that...

If the event was in my state I would have had no problem making it...

I even thought to myself, "fuck it! I'mma go!"...sadly, there aren't any trains that could get me there on time, cuz the ones that would've got me there on time for the event are already sold out, and I don't trust my car for that kinda journey, plus a train would be cheaper anyways, considering the price of gas these days...

It's just not the right time. But it still fucking sucks, and it is gonna bother the shit out of me till another opportunity comes...

Just C
06-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Putting money on the line was the only way I would've been able to battle the guy, according to Mike Flamez...

I would have no problem doing that, but I can't schedule off work on such short notice like that...

I even thought to myself, "fuck it! I'mma go!"...sadly, there aren't any trains that could get me there on time, cuz the ones that would've got me there on time for the event are already sold out, and I don't trust my car for that kinda journey, plus a train would be cheaper anyways, considering the price of gays these days...

It's just not the right time. But it still fucking sucks, and it is gonna bother the shit out of me till another opportunity comes...

I'm sorry....Come again?

Just C
06-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Yea. If you are sure that another chance will come along I would definatly wait it out. You wan't everything to be as perfect as possible. especially if it's your first battle. . The more time you get to prepare the better it will be for you. I know you say you'll go in if you went. but at so much short notice with it being your first battle. the little time you have to prepare, the travel and being infron of a crowd and or cameras could combine to work against you.

Óðinn
06-18-2011, 02:13 PM

I even thought to myself, "fuck it! I'mma go!"...sadly, there aren't any trains that could get me there on time, cuz the ones that would've got me there on time for the event are already sold out, and I don't trust my car for that kinda journey, plus a train would be cheaper anyways, considering the price of gays these days...

^Yeah i feel ya on that fam...But puttin cash on the line for your first battle, of such short notice dont sound right fam, as your opponent (im guessin) been doin it a while, an have some followers an shit.....Still, keep ur head up, next one will come along no doubt!:high:

John Dos
06-18-2011, 02:18 PM
^Yeah i feel ya on that fam...But puttin cash on the line for your first battle, of such short notice dont sound right fam, as your opponent (im guessin) been doin it a while, an have some followers an shit.....Still, keep ur head up, next one will come along no doubt!:high:

and it would have been on his home turf, so nuthuggers would've probably been in full effect. i was still willing to do it though, exposure is key, and some times it costs...real talk

:high:

@Just C lmao it was a typing error.

Óðinn
06-18-2011, 02:28 PM
^Yeah thats what i mean man...You'd prolly end up losin money, when its not needed...Or rather get hustled/Dick Rode into losing it lol Fuck That...

Just C
06-18-2011, 02:36 PM
How much money they talkin?

John Dos
06-18-2011, 02:43 PM
$200 minimum which is steep as fuck on such short notice...

John Dos
06-18-2011, 02:46 PM
damn this Ghiftd guy is practically BEGGING me to battle...

GT judges will be judging the event though, and they are definitely not biased...

I wish I could soooo fucking bad ya'll!

This shit is gonna eat at me now...God damnit!

EJT
06-18-2011, 02:57 PM
mike flamez is kinda weird when it comes to organizing shit...he said the same shit to me about me and blanks battle out there on the 30th as well... and we talked about it for a few and he never really got back to me .. later i found out i couldn't go but i'd still like for him to get back to me about it. buckeye battle league is sorta-wack when it comes to main card battles, but so is the league i'm in now... but its good your gettin into this shit.

EJT
06-18-2011, 02:58 PM
and his battle w/ ghiftd got canceled due to some fight that happened at the last event i guess

John Dos
06-18-2011, 03:00 PM
so he decided to put me up against him, lmao...

i'm not worried bout no fights, i'll be more than happy to punch a muhfucka lol...

me and ghiftd have been messaging back and forth...maybe i might go, it depends on if they remove the wager or not, cuz tbh i can't put that kinda money up on such short notice...

I wish there was a league in Illinois, but no one is getting back to me from Illinois, shit is wack as fuck, cuz Illinois should have hella battle leagues...

SMH

EJT
06-18-2011, 03:14 PM
don't put money up on your first battle, unless you have extreme confidence and know your lines 134% down

John Dos
06-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Ghiftd is sayin he won't battle me at any other events unless they're GT events, and not Buckey Battle League...

It really frustrates me that there are no leagues in Illinois poppin right now...

My Confidence is sky high though, I can freestyle better than most GT battlers can spit their written shit...not being big headed either

BLNK
06-18-2011, 04:04 PM
It's a shame, too. I had Grimace's bars written the day after I gave him Mike Flamez's info.

EJT
06-18-2011, 04:14 PM
lol you been writin for me ...
depending on how my battle goes next weekend i may or may not be open for july/1st half of august.

i'd be the one traveling to battle you. keep that in mind too

John Dos
06-18-2011, 04:23 PM
email me...

tim_the_apostle@yahoo.com

I'M DEFINITELY DOWN!!!

...i hope u were talking about battling ME, lmao

EJT
06-19-2011, 06:44 AM
lol. i was talkin about sinestro/cteezy cause we actually were in the process of gettin a battle down, but i'd be down to battle you. depending on how my battle goes next week

FreezyCT
06-19-2011, 09:21 AM
i agree that 200 is way too much...take a battle or two to get the ropes down and get a feel for what youre getting yourself into...no offense to anyone, but you should learn from the ppl here and their mistakes