PDA

View Full Version : Forced Wordplay

LOQ
01-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Ok I've did a few lil wordplay on the text side, but I;m kinda not getting what is FORCED actually?

Black Book
01-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Post them. I'll tell you...

CulpritT
01-26-2011, 06:40 PM
one of the most forced wp ive ever seen is "are u stuck? cuz my bars got u trapped in 'a maze man' (amazement) or some ish like that...

basically wordplay where u have to force it to make it sound right....ye, dont do it

Prose_
01-26-2011, 06:40 PM
well folks get all riled up sayin shit forced when it doesnt sound EXACTLY like the word u playin wit.

UnEtHıCaL
01-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Forced wordplay is when you get a word which can be split into smaller words in sound, but the smaller words don't make sense together. Like vague ass / vegas is good because you can say "Your vague ass shit / your vegas shit" and both parts can make sense together (obviously pending a punchline at the end). It's so hard to think of forced wordplay on the spot, but here's some MEGA forced wordplay:-

Avacado / I've acc. ah dough

Ok, dont ask me what the fuck acc. means, I dunno, but you get what I mean. It wouldnt make sense even if that meant something.

LOQ
01-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Forced wordplay is when you get a word which can be split into smaller words in sound, but the smaller words don't make sense together. Like vague ass / vegas is good because you can say "Your vague ass shit / your vegas shit" and both parts can make sense together (obviously pending a punchline at the end). It's so hard to think of forced wordplay on the spot, but here's some MEGA forced wordplay:-

Avacado / I've acc. ah dough

Ok, dont ask me what the fuck acc. means, I dunno, but you get what I mean. It wouldnt make sense even if that meant something.

Aight so. Say a random word like 'Stable Shit'. Stay Bullshit. I said something Ill look into it, but can something be "forced text wordplay" but not be forced when "said out loud" or Audio?

Godbody
01-26-2011, 07:43 PM
If it isn't a word, you're stretching the word, or putting a spin on the word. Then its forced.

If it doesn't make sense in the context you're using it in, its forced.

If you're not stretching the word, putting a spin on its pronunciation, and it makes sense in its context...Then its legit.

NawkOut
01-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Aight so. Say a random word like 'Stable Shit'. Stay Bullshit. I said something Ill look into it, but can something be "forced text wordplay" but not be forced when "said out loud" or Audio?

That works. It's only when you say shit like "uterus cures/you to risk yours" that niggas start crying about it... even when you play the synonyms correctly with your punchline. but who the fuck am i.

UnEtHıCaL
01-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Chizzy has the least forced wordplay on the site, with the exception of Jacoby :D. Yeah take that Chizz, thats for making me spend like a year doing wordplay and now its hard as fuck to do anything else lol

LOQ
01-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Chizzy and EtH...you all should form me into the perfect textcee.

Mikey DeNiro
01-27-2011, 02:22 AM
Chizzy Wizzy Was A Bear Chizzy Wizzy Has No Hair.....

TheStudent
01-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Rip A wRapper.