PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Rookie Of The Year Nominees

AmBitiousFlow
11-27-2010, 11:46 AM
OK...Some say it's just handed to the one who has been seen the most elevated but some was asking for a tournament to determine who deserves it. There's a few more now since the last discussion we had so It's up to you all what you want to do. I think Mindless mentioned having a tournament for the Rookies but not sure if he's gonna follow through with it....We can have a poll in the forums or we can have a tournament either or is fine wit me.....I think we should start getting this going since its nearly December so drop opinions on how the title should be handed out and go from there....

Anonymous_Poet
11-27-2010, 11:52 AM
tourney my opinion. Otherwise other rookies will feel ignored

Streetz De Hood
11-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Def not a tourney..becuz just winning a few battles in december doesnt make u rookie of the year..its about what u did the whole yr leading up to december...so basically it should be a thread where members can vote on a poll n say why a certain emcee should be ROY

Anonymous_Poet
11-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Def not a tourney..becuz just winning a few battles in december doesnt make u rookie of the year..its about what u did the whole yr leading up to december...so basically it should be a thread where members can vote on a poll n say why a certain emcee should be ROY

good point but i think it still would be good if all that yrs effort was just a ticket towards a tourney. Then u just have to battled it out with other ppl who deserve the title. Shit is more fair and includes many rooks

Prose_
11-27-2010, 11:56 AM
i wish yall would consider me but tourneys arent allow for basics.

StepTo-
11-27-2010, 11:57 AM
I think you guys should vote on Rookie of the year

Streetz De Hood
11-27-2010, 11:58 AM
good point but i think it still would be good if all that yrs effort was just a ticket towards a tourney. Then u just have to battled it out with other ppl who deserve the title. Shit is more fair and includes many rooks

yeah but it should be a rookie all star tourney not a ROY tourney...

Anonymous_Poet
11-27-2010, 12:01 PM
either way...ROOKIE ALL STAR or ROOKIE OF THE YEAR if a tourney is made then the winner would present himself as the best rookie cause he'd have gone through a battle procedure rather than just voting. Plus vets havent heard of all rookies that deserve to be considered as contenders

AmBitiousFlow
11-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Both have great opinions....Like I said either way is cool wit me...Streetz has a good point and I agree but also agree with Ap considering some just got overlooked and stuff...Keep droppin opinions..no sweat...

Streetz De Hood
11-27-2010, 12:08 PM
either way...ROOKIE ALL STAR or ROOKIE OF THE YEAR if a tourney is made then the winner would present himself as the best rookie cause he'd have gone through a battle procedure rather than just voting. Plus vets havent heard of all rookies that deserve to be considered as contenders

well thats not the vet's fault..to me ROY is someone who made an impact on the site with their battle success and contributions to the site...so if the vets didnt notice the rookie than doesnt that make it obvious they arent fit to be ROY?

thats like me saying i shud be ROY just becuz i won 59 in a row earlier this yr...but what else have i done..its not enough to base it off battle recs or performance in a tourney...but a tourney would be a proper way to honor each deserving rookie

Anonymous_Poet
11-27-2010, 12:12 PM
well thats not the vet's fault..to me ROY is someone who made an impact on the site with their battle success and contributions to the site...so if the vets didnt notice the rookie than doesnt that make it obvious they arent fit to be ROY?

not neccessarily.. ppl dont get recognition because they dont buzz in the threads. I bet there are many rookies out there who we both dont know just cuz they dont make noise in the threads. That doesnt mean they dont deserve to be in contention. Thats why I propose to carefully look at the 2010 rookie roster and put the most skillful in a tourney

GRizzEAT
11-27-2010, 12:12 PM
i think tha top 4 rooks should be polled up. after we've decided on tha top four then a final four type tourney shud be in order... i mean to valify points IF U HAVEN DONE ANYTHINK TO BE BROUGHT UP IN THA TALK, THEN U NOT MAKIN THA CUT SHUDN B A SURPRISE.....riiii?

Streetz De Hood
11-27-2010, 12:15 PM
i mean either way would be fitting..i just think a people's choice style poll to crown ROY followed by all star tourney would be better

Anonymous_Poet
11-27-2010, 12:18 PM
i mean either way would be fitting..i just think a people's choice style poll to crown ROY followed by all star tourney would be better

yo but shit wont make sense. Imagine if someone gets the ROY through voting and someone else wins the rookie tourney to get ROOKIE ALLSTAR? i mean it wont make sense and there will be a huge bitchassness between the two...

and @ Grizz

there are many more rookies that deserve to be on a tourney

1)Me
2)you
3)Flow
4)Jedi
5) Spooky
6)Almighty

and many more... Now who would u leave out? I dont think any of the above cats would like to be excluded from a tourney cause personally everyone believes they are ROY material

AmBitiousFlow
11-27-2010, 12:18 PM
well maybe we should start a poll to decide who wants to have a tourney and who wants a forum poll? Shall I start one?

Anonymous_Poet
11-27-2010, 12:20 PM
well maybe we should start a poll to decide who wants ti have a tourney and who wants a forum poll? Shall I start one?

let this thread get more attention first and then start a poll

Streetz De Hood
11-27-2010, 12:23 PM
yo but shit wont make sense. Imagine if someone gets the ROY through voting and someone else wins the rookie tourney to get ROOKIE ALLSTAR? i mean it wont make sense and there will be a huge bitchassness between the two...

ok but that how it is in pro sports...the MVP award is givin based on performance during the season but that person doesnt always win the all star MVP award tho..matter of fact its almost always two separate ppl that wins those two awards thats what im basing my opinion on

and if the two have a dispute then oh well...they'll just go head to head..drama between champions isnt a bad thing..

Anonymous_Poet
11-27-2010, 12:26 PM
ok but that how it is in pro sports...the MVP award is givin based on performance during the season but that person doesnt always win the all star MVP award tho..matter of fact its almost always two separate ppl that wins those two awards thats what im basing my opinion on

and if the two have a dispute then oh well...they'll just go head to head..drama between champions isnt a bad thing..

i figured u based ur theory on the sports. But sports are different to LB. First of all the amount of contenders isnt as much and since its a rap battle website then i think a battle tourney should be the way to deal shit out..Plus rookies going at each other (no homo) will spark some life on this site

Streetz De Hood
11-27-2010, 12:28 PM
i figured u based ur theory on the sports. But sports are different to LB. First of all the amount of contenders isnt as much and since its a rap battle website then i think a battle tourney should be the way to deal shit out..Plus rookies going at each other (no homo) will spark some life on this site

lol i mean really idc how it gets done becuz FLOW is clear ROY imo....so whatever way its done whether ya battle, poll, race, roll dice, get the american idol judges,dude is gonna win

Ah Mazing
11-27-2010, 12:29 PM
I know I am new and shit

but i think I should be in this

I want to make a name for myself

and i prob. don't hav the skill to win yet

But still

get me in

Streetz De Hood
11-27-2010, 12:30 PM
@awksum
well u better get a shitload of battles in asap..

Anonymous_Poet
11-27-2010, 12:31 PM
lol i mean really idc how it gets done becuz FLOW is clear ROY imo....so whatever way its done whether ya battle, poll, race, roll dice, get the american idol judges,dude is gonna win

thats the reason im suggesting a tourney. Otherwise flow would have won it straight up by votes so there is no point but just give him his title right now

BvckHvndz
11-27-2010, 12:32 PM
nawww. Awhsum.. this is for cats that been here more then 2 months... and more then 20 battles..

bout 16 of em..

Ah Mazing
11-27-2010, 12:33 PM
lol maybe next year ?

and CHaHova...im gettin at you soon

:)

Streetz De Hood
11-27-2010, 12:33 PM
thats the reason im suggesting a tourney. Otherwise flow would have won it straight up by votes so there is no point but just give him his title right now

lmfao!!!!!!

BvckHvndz
11-27-2010, 12:34 PM
it'll be my pleasure..(no homo)...:high:

Ah Mazing
11-27-2010, 12:37 PM
lol

and remember

I am not the BEST yet
i am still in preseason

just wait till i get to Superbowl Form

Black Book
11-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Gimme that ROTY title!

GRizzEAT
11-27-2010, 12:48 PM
dont forget about Vitty n Enforcer... n No hate but Flow isn Hands Down anything YET!!! fuck tha poll to decide it, becx there are such things as FAN FAVORITES. n im not winnin any popularity contest anytime soon. tha bracket tourney is tha best way.

BvckHvndz
11-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Yes it is Trap

BvckHvndz
11-27-2010, 12:49 PM
dont forget Souperb!.

GRizzEAT
11-27-2010, 12:50 PM
i heard soup herb wasn a rook, but boi has bars tho...

Streetz De Hood
11-27-2010, 12:50 PM
i didnt forget them...the class of 2010 is nice...im just sayin i think flow is the best of da class...thats no disrespect to u vitty enforcer or any1 else..cuz yall all nice..im jus me speakin my mind

BvckHvndz
11-27-2010, 12:52 PM
naaawwwwwww.. Erupt is...

GRizzEAT
11-27-2010, 12:55 PM
lol... i ain trippin, im jx waitin to see how it all unfolds... however it rolls, someone is gone end up butt hurt. so....

Streetz De Hood
11-27-2010, 12:55 PM
erupt's a rook? hmm maybe i dont pay as much attention as i should lol

AmBitiousFlow
11-27-2010, 01:00 PM

I don't think so too many vets already knew em.....n who is Trap Boy? never heard of em....

GRizzEAT
11-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Good... excellent excellent (pattin fingerin rhymatically)

BvckHvndz
11-27-2010, 01:06 PM

there's a couple more!.

Mind Fuck
11-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Im definatly in the runnin for this shit :D

GRizzEAT
11-27-2010, 01:18 PM
i threw ur name in there. theres probably a strong 8 of us...

other than that maybe a bracket of 16.... but if theres gonna be a tourney for a title thats given at tha end oof tha year... then i think someone shuda started that shit yesterday... cx u see how long this CPR tourney thing is taken

Krhyme Killz
11-27-2010, 01:19 PM
are there more than 2 cats deserving of the title this year?

Mind Fuck
11-27-2010, 01:24 PM
are there more than 2 cats deserving of the title this year?

You got 2 in mind?

Krhyme Killz
11-27-2010, 01:29 PM
You got 2 in mind?

deeeeez nutz

GRizzEAT
11-27-2010, 01:33 PM
^^^ check n mate...lol

Mind Fuck
11-27-2010, 01:43 PM
deeeeez nutz

:fyou: :D

hectick
11-27-2010, 01:51 PM
i think it should be a tourney because regardless of whos jus showin up and whos been here dosnt realy matter if a new guy beats you then oh well hes better an he deserves the respect jus for beating u/competition .. my 35 cents lol

AmBitiousFlow
11-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Krhyme u silly....lol.......Lets get it poppin then folks

Mind Fuck
11-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Im ready Flow.... Hope to battle you cuz you aint seein the W next time around :D :D :D

AmBitiousFlow
11-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Im ready Flow.... Hope to battle you cuz you aint seein the W next time around :D :D :D

Ill be more than happy to hand u another L! :D