PDA

View Full Version : Character Development Discussion...

RhetoriK
10-06-2010, 01:10 AM
This is something I found that I'd written down a minute ago... all the things still hold true and I still believe them true cause well... they're my beliefs... something good for me to write on... anyways wanted y'alls thoughts about life... I know there was a thread about the meaning of life, this is just one of the many angles i take...

It's all a character development. In your life you will write the script, cast the characters, implement plot twists and create the villan. When you die the legacy you leave will play out through the way you touched others lifes. The beauty of the whole thing is it could be a spaghetti western, a comedy flick, an independent flick, or a silent movie. Many will be heroes, many will become their own villans, but the choice is all yours. You could be a meat and potatoes documentary, or a souped up technological juggernaut with a lot of "Special effects" The question you have to ask yourself is (at the end of said character development): will it be a good, healing, life changing event for your role-players or will it flop, only to be forgotten amongst the rest of the fray.

Point A: On the flip side of this long-winded excursion please PLAY YOUR ROLE. Beacuse at one point (weather you want to accept it or not) you were part of SOMEONES character development. You can be a testament or the opposite. Weather someone has affected you positively or negativley in your life, you carry on as a symbolization of any one to infinte actions they've played in your life. Much like the acting in a film reflects the direction given.

In my role, I've had a lot of shitty directors, but with a strong supporting cast, and some growth from the malefactors, I've gotten stronger. The good die young, and it's a tragedy. The old leave us with a sense of purpose and a legend that seems to be insurmountable by any odds. Like with my grandfather, I feel that he left not with the expectation that I would trailblaze in his footsteps, but to find my own legacy to pass on. S'why I write this stuff. haha. For the first time I've had to explain to strangers why I have the tattoos on my forearms "Death and Taxes" and "Paid In Full" for my grandfather. This solidifies my whole theory. I'm a polar opposite to my grandfather in many areas, but the legacy he left with me is staggering. I KNOW I've pervaded his legacy to many people because of how I was plugged into his CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. Kinda unreal isn't it?

I'd love to know what your thoughts are in relation to this. I wrote this without EXPECTATIONS of anyone understanding this but me, but if you want to talk more about it I'm all ears. lol ..yeah yeah I think too much, but whatever.

I'll leave you with a quotable:

"Life is an expression. Many artists leave this world without laying a single meaningful stroke on the canvas that IS life. Don't check out without adding at least a couple shades of gray to a world of black and white."-me

Shit's pretty deep or whatever, but fuck it! :high: I'm out, let me know if any of y'all wanna collab on this subject... Louie, I'll be hitting you up... we needa line out another cypher...pZz Letsbeef

Hoodrich
-RhetoriK

TheStudent
10-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Woaaaaaaaaaaah
*Starts Reading*

RhetoriK
10-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks. Student

FreezyCT
10-06-2010, 02:04 PM
very interesting read