PDA

View Full Version : How to get votes?

UnEtHıCaL
08-09-2010, 10:58 AM
This is something that alot of people, including myself (HIGHLY), would appretiate an answer to...

It doesen't have too much to do with skill, I know this much, but I, and alot of people, really don't know how to transform our battle from a resting place to one where the page triples in size from votes.

I have battles, JWall 3 times, EJT, AmbitiousFlow (http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=365878) and a 32 with SwiftKeys, and probably have less than 30 votes amoungst them. Back when I started, when I wassen't even as good as I am now, I would get a minimum of 10, and I remember a time when I would struggle to stop it hitting the hotlist.

What makes people vote on battles? And how do you get people to vote on them? What makes you vote on particular battles? And for anyone who says skill, let me point out there there are at least 4 current hotlist battles in which both me and AmbitiousFlow (whom are in a 2 vote battle at the moment), are better than.

Is it usernames? Are some more attractive to voters? Is it people who vote on your particular battles that you feel to return the favor (not dickriding, but you know what I mean). Is it that you know you will have their verse to read, regardless of the opponants skill, and have that guarentee of a good read?

I mean, I need help with this. I have had two battles which decent votes in the last year or so. One I recycled in and went horrible in Vs Dmullz, and one was Vs Reefer (he gets everyone checking his battles on name alone). Anything?

Anth3m
08-09-2010, 11:15 AM
I kinda hate you cuz you son me all the time, but no lie, if you drop an expo on a semi (not brand spankin) noobs battle in which you point out the good things about both verses, they automatically think you have some kind of weight and will go back and vote your shit. But it has to be a worthwhile expo

Chester Waterman
08-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Well, if you have ever seen me voting, I've got, what some people used to describe, as the best technique on LB (Is that dirt on my shoulder? *Brushes*)

Anyways, I don't think it's that because there was around 2 months where I was voting on every battle in the FVC thread, leaving expos on all. Most of the battles were from new enough guys, some of them with decent skills, and I dropped helpful expos and stuff. Just a couple of months later, I get barley any votes, and at the time when I was voting, again I still got barley any. I could put it down to my incosistansy on periods of battling, but many others share the problem yet battle all the time.

1DollarShort
08-09-2010, 11:29 AM
This is my opinion:

There is the Top 10 & then there is the Hotlist.

The top 10, belongs to the dickriding, hate voting, sniping faggots that im assuming have a constant competition of 'who can ride their way to the top spot'. Those people's battles are not worth voting on. AT ALL.

But then, there is the hotlist. Where there is a number of Good/honest Mc's (between 15-30) that battle in order to show off their skills and reach the hotlist.

I myself, will ONLY ever vote on battles that i think deserve/or are already on the hotlist.

And im going to be honest, if i think a Fair Vote is going to be returned, i will vote on a battle for it. Whether they vote back against or for me, i just want people to read my shit and give me honest opinions.

Chester Waterman
08-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Soup, ok, but erm, asnwering the question would be cool too :D

My battles obviously deserves to be on the hotlist, I mean come on, it's me (lmao), but how do you get people even go and look at it to draw a conclusion in the first place? I haven't even hit the hotlist in months because I don't get 5 votes anymore.

Chester Waterman
08-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Plus, we still battling? I almost have 8 lines Vs you.

Anth3m
08-09-2010, 11:34 AM
iunno man, but if you go to the recent battles, and vote on the ones that have the fewest votes (the ones that you can actually stand reading and don't like just make your eyes bleed) and drop an expo then be like vbf on my recents, it usually gets a vote from at least one of them. but i mean to get votes like that you have to have open battles
so i only vote there when i need votes on my battles, otherwise i only read dope shit and just vote on it for the hell of it. Sometimes they'll remember and come back and vote your stuff up.

Chester Waterman
08-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Yeah, but that kind of gets votes for you doing that, I want votes from guys that I'm not like "sure, you vote for me as I voted for you, respectable dude". How do I get the guys who are constantly around the forums to check my shit, aside making a thread like this of course as they will (hopfully) be like "Oh, I will vote and be noticed for doing so".

Anth3m
08-09-2010, 11:42 AM
oh i guess that's kinda tru, lol i only really do that when i have snipes....but i mean if it's a hot enough battle, just try and let it land on the recent battle list...but really if you drop expos ppl appreciate it and vote back, just what i noticed (but if you were already doin that than iunno)

Chester Waterman
08-09-2010, 11:45 AM
I can't think of any particular reasons why either. I mean anything personal, like the fact that I diss people alot (you knew that right? :D), can't be it because alot of other people have the same problems with it as me. I dunno. If it continues, all that'll happen is it stops me from battling ever again.

Anth3m
08-09-2010, 11:54 AM
before that happens you should send me eight, especially since i didn't fuck with you in this thread and i voted on your particular battle

edit-but its probably just a dry spell, idk i'm usually happy with like ffive votes honestly haha

Chester Waterman
08-09-2010, 12:03 PM
A dry spell? This shit is more like a drought at this stage. I have some lines written for C Teezy, SoupErb, Dmullz and someone else I think. I'll get shit going with you too but start writting now and hit me up when you got some of it done.

Plus, you know better than to fuck with me in this thread, it's not you being nice to me :D

1DollarShort
08-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Soup, ok, but erm, asnwering the question would be cool too :D

My battles obviously deserves to be on the hotlist, I mean come on, it's me (lmao), but how do you get people even go and look at it to draw a conclusion in the first place? I haven't even hit the hotlist in months because I don't get 5 votes anymore.

did i not answer the question? hahaha.

& yeh we can still battle Eth. just send the bars n ill try n get at em ASAP.

Anth3m
08-09-2010, 12:08 PM
aight, i got concepts in all my pockets haha so I'll just focus on you after I write for the next round of the tag tourney..unless stoy sends soon

and i wouldn't 'fuck with you' in any 'threads,' i don't care what you're wearing, its still homo ;)

illinium
08-09-2010, 06:39 PM
I voted on that battle. Maybe you and Screwdini would like to go hit up my open battle ( http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=365949 ) and leave me some feed back?

BvckHvndz
08-09-2010, 06:45 PM
i feel ya doe. peeps loved PHunkDAfiED. but aint to fund of PuN.

Mindless
08-09-2010, 06:55 PM
I'm about an inch away from just asking X to reset all credits so that you fags HAVE to vote to get any battles lol

Anth3m
08-09-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm about an inch away from just asking X to reset all credits so that you fags HAVE to vote to get any battles lol

do that shit no lie, it'd be awesome

Mindless
08-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Remind me on the around the end of the month and I will for sure. I think there's still a lot of people who have fuck tons of credits saved up from that bug but we'll fix that shit right up.

Also, I wonder if Eth knows that Strontium is not banned...

John Dos
08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
i agree with making people have to vote on battles before they can battle. it should be a rule that before u can drop a batlle you have to vote on 1.

Mindless
08-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Remind me on the around the end of the month and I will for sure. I think there's still a lot of people who have fuck tons of credits saved up from that bug but we'll fix that shit right up.

Also, I wonder if Eth knows that Strontium is not banned...

Brodie B
08-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm 16 credits away from the number I want :D if I have to vote all over again I'll be pissed haha

Mindless
08-09-2010, 09:23 PM
If I can I want to get us set up to where credits reset every month. That way people can't hoard them and not vote.

John Dos
08-09-2010, 09:47 PM
that is a really good idea. it would make things alot better around here..