PDA

View Full Version : Opinions On Syllables..

AmBitiousFlow
08-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Whats your opinion on 2 syllable words or juss plain 2 syllables?....Typin up sum shit but not sure about it but it delivers well....and which syllable count is most effective? if its effective at all........(For Text Of Course)....

PRiiME
08-05-2010, 11:04 PM
are you asking if two syllable rhyme schemes are effective? because the answer is no. unless the concepts and punches that go with it are astounding

EpidemikK
08-05-2010, 11:07 PM
^^agreed:pimp:

Erupt da Monsta
theres rarely a two sylable word or words that actually come out dope.. mainly because its limited, more than likely been used before, you mean 2 syl. like .. im HOTT SHIT, the names erupt im HOTT SHITT, thats right ill say it again im HOTT SHIT.. ?? sum like that ? yeah those never work, unless the setups before them are flawless..

Wraxius
yur gonna need to run about 6-8 syllables if yhu want to impress with the punch length. I agree with prime though. If you're doing 2 syllable words in your punches, then you definitely are going to have to have some out-of-this-world concepts and set-ups to go along with it.

I mean you can't be like. I spit fire so that means I'm HOT SHIT, and you're a dumbass talking all that NON-SENSE cause i'm schooling you, and you could get 'straight A's' and still wouldn't be at the TOP, KID.

PRiiME
08-05-2010, 11:09 PM
yay, people agree with me...... *kills self*

AmBitiousFlow
08-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Appreciate the feedback.....I agree....Audio Is different tho but to Epic--heres how im doin it actually--not exactly in the regular flow wise.....more like this....IM HOT And STOP YOU..IM HOT ...POP YOU......Blah blah and so on////

AmBitiousFlow
08-05-2010, 11:15 PM
wait let me rephrase that more like this IM HOT and Quick ta POP YOU....YOU FLOP And DUmb at CHOPS TOO....<<LMAO DONT MAKE SENSE BUT Thas wut I meant

PRiiME
08-05-2010, 11:18 PM
*revives*

if it flows good thats fine. but what we're saying is that the ending punch is gonna have to blow your opponent outta the water (assuming its a battle your writing)

*kills self again*

EpidemikK
08-05-2010, 11:26 PM
I THINK ITS OK TO USE 2 SYLLABLE WORDS ONLY IF THE PUNCH DOESNT END IN A 2 SYLLABLE WORD EXAMPLE.... dude think that his TEXT SICK i'll leave this RUDE WHORE FINISHED plus this dude a youngi who can only get on the NET IF this DUDES CHORES FINISHED... and for all the haters i know that bar is wack i'm just using it as an example fukers

PRiiME
08-05-2010, 11:29 PM
^agrees. that all good if its an in rhyme. i dont think anyone expects people to have 8 syllable in rhymes

UnEtHıCaL
08-05-2010, 11:36 PM
8 lines isn't THAT difficult, but the problem is flowing 8 syllys is mainly just silly.

4-6 is usually preferable, but I could favor 3 syllable good vocab over multies as through different writting forms I've experienced multies have lost it's former priority.

PRiiME
08-05-2010, 11:39 PM
^exactly, i find that my major problem when writing songs. i get an idea for a song, but the 'battle' part of my mind wants to make everything a 8 syllable multi, which completely misses the point

EpidemikK
08-05-2010, 11:44 PM
^^ my problem is i got to make a real chill track and then the battle side of me comes in and it goes from a chill track to me talkin bout killin they children and slappin they moms lol

King John
08-05-2010, 11:48 PM
As long as it flows right 2-3 syllables aint that bad, trying to force 6-8 syllables and it being super stretched is much worse, and that many syllables don't really work in audio and is kind of a bad habit to have if you're trying to make tracks too.

PRiiME
08-05-2010, 11:50 PM
As long as it flows right 2-3 syllables aint that bad, trying to force 6-8 syllables and it being super stretched is much worse, and that many syllables don't really work in audio and is kind of a bad habit to have if you're trying to make tracks too.

I FUCKING KNOW!!!! :D

AmBitiousFlow
08-06-2010, 12:44 AM
lol yeah juss seein wut every thought of it in a battle....I have over 150 tracks but i know when i go to record ima run into that problem myself prolly lol...Appreciate the feedback!

Hollow Coss
08-06-2010, 12:55 AM
^^ my problem is i got to make a real chill track and then the battle side of me comes in and it goes from a chill track to me talkin bout killin they children and slappin they moms lol

LOL.. i got that same problem...

Louie Dawgs
08-06-2010, 01:21 AM
as long as it flows. who the fuck cares if it's 1, 4, or 12 syllables???

AmBitiousFlow
08-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Good Point Stu Good Point But if u dont do it with the most rainbox effect then u wont get a vote...lmao

UnEtHıCaL
08-06-2010, 09:07 AM
as long as it flows. who the fuck cares if it's 1, 4, or 12 syllables???

One syllable shit gets a little basic. I like to read a verse where I think that it would have been challenging to use the complex vocab and wording with the rhyme, otherwise I feel that I could recreate exactly what they did.

Anth3m
08-06-2010, 04:24 PM
I THINK ITS OK TO USE 2 SYLLABLE WORDS ONLY IF THE PUNCH DOESNT END IN A 2 SYLLABLE WORD EXAMPLE.... dude think that his TEXT SICK i'll leave this RUDE WHORE FINISHED plus this dude a youngi who can only get on the NET IF this DUDES CHORES FINISHED... and for all the haters i know that bar is wack i'm just using it as an example fukers
i like those bars...