PDA

View Full Version : Voters Survey.......

Óðinn
05-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Ok so, in every battle you have people saying "This lines played" an "That lines played" but being honest, What concepts arn't played at this stage?....

To many ppl vote against someone cos they think he/she has a played concept... But the reality is that most fail to see is everything has been done/said before, its how the artist uses that concept in his/her punch line, how he/she makes it his/her own and delivers it.....

Below i've done up a survey just to see what you look for in battles...

1)Is it better to have a verse stacked with multis or word-play?

2)If you read a battle, an you seen some one tryin there best to be creative, would you slate them? Or engourage them in there effort?

3)Would you vote for a verse that has methaphores an no punches over a verse that has Punches but no metaphores?

4)Do you believe that to have good flow a verse needs to have goos structre?

5)Do you think that build ups towards a punch should be conetced with the final punch?

Just wanna see your thoughts and veiws!!

RhetoriK
05-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Ok so, in every battle you have people saying "This lines played" an "That lines played" but being honest, What concepts arn't played at this stage?....

To many ppl vote against someone cos they think he/she has a played concept... But the reality is that most fail to see is everything has been done/said before, its how the artist uses that concept in his/her punch line, how he/she makes it his/her own and delivers it.....

Below i've done up a survey just to see what you look for in battles...

1)Is it better to have a verse stacked with multis or word-play? Nah, I think that a well rounded verse has great concept, wordplay, punchlines, and multies...some do really well with metaphors as well... when I think 'battle' though, I think punchlines and wordplay first and flow/style (not multies persay) win it for me. multies are something that gets voted for a lot, but a lotta multi savy writers lack zing. Some of the best 'multi' rappers (w/punches) are EJT, JWall, and recently Ohs... there's a lot of dope wordplay/punchline writers, but that's my my opinion

2)If you read a battle, an you seen some one tryin there best to be creative, would you slate them? Or engourage them in there effort? Originality is something that is key. I mean with 20'sum thousand members shit's going to start to get re-played without even trying at times. So I def recognize new ideas and concepts when they are EXECUTED WELL... so yeah, I encourage it, but in the spirit of being objective on battles, it's about how well the aforesaid concepts are executed. Concepts without execution ain't nothing but a 'good idea' ...feel me?

3)Would you vote for a verse that has methaphores an no punches over a verse that has Punches but no metaphores? Punches and metaphors alone would be lookig at the battle very one-dimensional. If I couldn't get a good scope of how to vote then I'd factor in all other criteria wordplay, (flow/multies), concepts, structure/execution, swag, comedy...etc. you know everyone has a strong point and a weakpoint that will shine in their favor everytime because of writing style or personality, but in battles you have to find a common denominator and go from there almost a category at a time. i think we should be voting for the verse we enjoyed more. We're readers right. I say 'I liked this book because of the story' more than 'This book was technically very well-written' lol It's all really relative.

4)Do you believe that to have good flow a verse needs to have goos structre? Yes and no, it does affect readability though. If ones ability to read the verse from first line to last in order affects the flow then yes, structure is key.

5)Do you think that build ups towards a punch should be conetced with the final punch? Yeah, otherwise you start to get strung alone the verse and lose the reader. It's called 'setups' for a reason. i'd rather be on a skateboard holding a rope behind a car kinda riding along then being tied to it and drug down the concrete --thats a metaphor by the way. lol

Just wanna see your thoughts and veiws!!

There you have it man. Good topic; this is my opinion and mine only... you know this should be answered very different, but it helps knowing... sad thing is.. 2Fuel is a respected voter and he's asking these questions; what about Joe-Schmoe who just registered a month ago and has been hosing up battles because he ain't stopped to ask himself these questions.

I think we all needa have our outlook on these questions as writers because on a site like this you're writing for the people reading (for votes) ... on top of writing som fun shit for yourself so it kinda helped me along...

respect Fueler....uhmm.......bitch!
-Rhet!!

Accurit Phacts
05-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Ok, well when i see a played concept, i only refer to as so when i see da same ol played ass set up. Now if you can use a played concept & come up with a dope' set up...then its still fresh ya digg.

1)Is it better to have a verse stacked with multis or word-play? ..Its w/e you g'd at. Honestly tho i thing wordplay stands out a bit in a battle verse for me...the multi's TO ME is more of flow concept not a dissing concept. But i will never knock someone for using g'd multis

2)If you read a battle, an you seen some one tryin there best to be creative, would you slate them? Or engourage them in there effort? Well first imma tell them that shit suck..I dunno bout ya'll but when a nigga tell me i suck at something...I'M GONNA PROVE EM WRONG. That along is encouragement..SOME cats just take it da wrong way.

3)Would you vote for a verse that has methaphores an no punches over a verse that has Punches but no metaphores? YES i would definitely vote for the verse with punches..its a battle/fight. You cant when without throwing a punch. STICKS & STONES MIGHT BREAK BONES BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT ME! lol

4)Do you believe that to have good flow a verse needs to have goos structre? I think to have good flow..u simply have to have RHYTHM!

5)Do you think that build ups towards a punch should be conetced with the final punch? Yeah sure or else the punch wouldn't really make much sense now..WOULD IT?