PDA

View Full Version : Why is "voting power" hidden?

STERIC
05-02-2010, 02:11 PM
If this could be seen than far less people would be like "why didn't I win when it was 5-3?"

ItsFame
05-02-2010, 02:18 PM
imagine all the fuss and hassle the mods an admins would get though from dudes bitchin about their votin power

STERIC
05-02-2010, 03:21 PM
I guess I can see that. Thanks Fame.

ItsFame
05-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Silk knows how to check his own votin power?

how you do that? haha

RULE
05-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Ask a mod? Hahahahaha!

ItsFame
05-02-2010, 03:47 PM
hmmmm, im curious to know what mine is

Rican
05-02-2010, 03:48 PM
IT would be a Good thing

ItsFame
05-02-2010, 03:50 PM
you think?

as if dudes dont bitch enough on this site though haha

ItsFame
05-02-2010, 03:53 PM
but the suggestion was that votin power could be "seen"

so that would make it available to everybody

Rican
05-02-2010, 03:56 PM
btw!

twente fc= champion today

goal scored by?

bryan ruiz the costa rican ofcourse

ItsFame
05-02-2010, 03:56 PM
yeah..... i read the match report before hahah

RhetoriK
05-02-2010, 04:44 PM
mehh@ this idea, I had a thought about this, but I'm thinking it would be better if on the battle console where the percentages posted when the battles over... there could be a running total... like a sports score. So if you're three votes deep the score would read 3-1 or however the total comes down based on voting power since I know Voting powers vary between members. We don't have to let the cat out the bag with VPs being shown... but we can give the battlers a better idea of how they're REALLY doing... imma ask about this...

my two cents...
RhetoriK

Haz
05-02-2010, 04:47 PM
^^ i agreee

RhetoriK
05-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Good catch 2Fuel..

Clarification: When someone drops a vote.. the score will read on the top section like a scoreboard... if someone has 0VP the total score is not affected. So even 0VP battlers can get credits and lend and opinion... but there won't be any confusion on W/L situations

RhetoriK
05-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Side note: (for the euros)

so 0VP votes are almost like aggregate in soccer.. it won't count toward the battle but it will count for the voter if they have 0VP.

Óðinn
05-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Good catch 2Fuel..

Clarification: When someone drops a vote.. the score will read on the top section like a scoreboard... if someone has 0VP the total score is not affected. So even 0VP battlers can get credits and lend and opinion... but there won't be any confusion on W/L situations

^^Yeah very dope idea man......Best yet that i've heared mentioned about the Voting System.....It'll boost activness too

STERIC
05-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Rhetoriks got this down. Nice idea. I'd like to see execution.

STERIC
05-02-2010, 06:24 PM
yeah I see too many people comparing a "10" to famous rappers. This just isn't the case. Its apples and oranges. Text battling is far different. The notion that a scale can be created with famous rappers next to it is silly and needs to end (besides the fact that its completely biased).

STERIC
05-02-2010, 06:24 PM
IN EXAMPLE: who (on this site) is to say Soulja Boy is a 1 OR a 10?

Brodie B
05-02-2010, 06:41 PM
1= Awful/ Nothing written(Mokane)
2= Better, but still shit (Mokane's best)

This right here is enough to prove you are not a good voter. Mokane is not a 1 or 2 because he actually rhymes and has some concepts(he doesn't execute them well at all, but they're there) You voting him a 1 shows you are voting purely on his name. That's like me voting you a 3 every time just because you used to bite and I was questioning the likelihood that you wrote the verse yourself.

And I've seen your expos and 90% of the time it's just you copying and pasting both rappers' verses into the comment box and going on irrelevant rants on it to make your votes look longer since apparently to you, the longer the vote, the more educated you are.

IAmFlow
05-02-2010, 06:48 PM
blah blah blah blah!!!!!

IAmFlow
05-02-2010, 07:10 PM
wow!! ^ all this explaining is making you look bad..

but really i need a nice drink n spliff after reading all this bullshit

IAmFlow
05-02-2010, 07:14 PM
but koesyne.. isn't a bad voter though
he explains it to his opinion
thats what a vote is.. whether anyone likes or not..
its an opinion
I would actually object some of the stuff he said in my battle
but its fair enough, since he's not hating or buddy voting
just said what he thought without swaying the battle

of course you got your obvious battles of who won n lost

im not taking any sides though..
Just voicing what i think about the matter

because all the stuff that koesyne keeps replying with in the forum
sounds like he's whining and wants to be accepted here.. no offense!!
but you'll get more respect if ya just shut up about it

Brodie B
05-02-2010, 07:33 PM
http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66951

What happened with this? Nobody responded so my guess is that you're back because this attention starved antic failed and you're gonna try again :(

IAmFlow
05-02-2010, 07:53 PM
lmfao.... w0w ur cool......

Thank You ;D

UnEtHıCaL
05-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Here os just my own personal opinions in terms of voting, which I think is why I am in the FVC.

1- Bitten/Empty box.
2- One line of barley rhyming gibberish written in box.
3- Half the box filled of barley rhyming gibberish.
4- Full box filled of very scarcley rhyming gibberish.
5- Badley structured, weak one line no complexity verses.
6- Verse structured decently, flow decent, basic one word/scattered broken multies.
7- Decent structure, decent flow, decent rhyming, played or weak punches/concepts.
8- Anything from good to very good flow, good to very good punches and rhyming.
9- Great concepts and exocusion. Really well thought out verse with superb rhyme and flow.
10- Never seen one yet. An example being an 64 line verse with 64 knockout punches.

UnEtHıCaL
05-02-2010, 07:57 PM
I believe my voting blueprint would be ideal, if we never had the dickrides and uneducated voters which fill out hotlist with mediocre verses by voting 10-10 on everyone one. I don't do it, but I do like how alot of our guys vote very generously as it keeps the hotlist alive with good battles.

UnEtHıCaL
05-02-2010, 08:00 PM
And I've seen your expos and 90% of the time it's just you copying and pasting both rappers' verses into the comment box and going on irrelevant rants on it to make your votes look longer since apparently to you, the longer the vote, the more educated you are.

I HATE these votes. Where there is so much written, but none of it by the voter. It is filled with the two verses, and not even as much as line by line breakdowns, literally just a copy and paste of the verses, and I'm thinking, 'Yeah man, we read it too'.

RhetoriK
05-03-2010, 12:23 AM
IN EXAMPLE: who (on this site) is to say Soulja Boy is a 1 OR a 10?

I'd execute if i had the power too... but judging from this thread it ain't no big to anybody.... be easy though... talked it up with a mod, maybe we'll see somethin' happen...

we should just narrow this shit down to WIN/LOSS as the votes and the winners of the battles get colorin' books... since it's too complicated for some...

i'm over this.. peace steric

the 'rhetard' comment...
...is overdone... like everything you do KoSyne...

...easy...

Erupt da Monsta
05-03-2010, 12:35 AM
solja boy is a 3. he has some nice beats.

UNKNOWN ARTIST
05-03-2010, 07:14 AM
people will never be shown their VP ..... Ohs managed to work out his was 0 and he's done nothing but bitch and moan about getting it back ..... and most people with 0vp are the same typa bitching and moaning typa bitches .... so fuck having to listen to that every day .... How the fuck do people think we need to show vp's so you know why battles went the way they did .... it's not rocket science ... if you had a battle with more votes and lost ... your voters had low vp ... end of story

Doomsday™
05-03-2010, 08:35 AM
agree^ end of story "capiche"

*Scarface music plays*

Tony Montana ; "im not gona kill you frank"
Frank ; "thank you tony" "thank you"
Tony Montana ; "MANOLO! SHOOT THIS PIECE OF SHIT"

haha

STERIC
05-03-2010, 03:03 PM
I guess there's always room for improvement with any system. And theoretically, if another site were to execute this system better - then I'd take my money there. AND DON'T GET ME WRONG - I love letsbeef and am loyal to it, but we can all admit that no system is perfect. Alotta times I post a thread asking what others "think" about aspects of the site and a few cats always go on my threads and say shit like "this is pointless -the answer is simple and will never change" but this is not the mindset to take as improvement will never come then. Unknown you say this "isn't rocket science" but in fact the structure of this site IS scientifically laid out, with logic to it all. There is a science of rap as well, very little is black and white.

UNKNOWN ARTIST
05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
don't twist what i said .... knowing the answer to "why didn't i win when it was 5-3" .. isn't rocket scinece .... you don't need to know peoples voting power ... no good can ever come of it .... it's not a big issue thats needs addressed .... if you had more votes but lost then you should KNOW it's because your voters had low vp .... there isn't anything that needs cleared up that warrents showing people's voting power.

there's more shit put in place here to stop dickriding and cheating than any other battling site .... voting power was added to make the votes of people who cheat mean nothing and to stop dickriding ... same as auto losses for anybody asking for votes and a whole load of extra rules and measures put in place to combat this shit and people still talk about a flawed system ... it's a constantly changing system with measures being added constantly

STERIC
05-03-2010, 03:34 PM
I do agree that it isn't essential to knowing voting power. Thats true. I also understand what ya meant that it doesn't take a genius to figure out why ya lost when ya still had more votes. Idk, I guess the first time anyone loses a battle with more votes, it can be frustrating. I never lost one because of this but I'm sure it sucks (I did win one once tho haha).

UNKNOWN ARTIST
05-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Well, I've proven to be a great voter, and my VP is still 0..last time I checked.

..and yes I know how to check..

..and no, it's not a glitch in the system..

no you don't know how to check

S A L T
05-03-2010, 03:43 PM
uhh, the issue isnt the numbers you rate people with.

and secondly, you also gotta go with whats generally accepted.
and sure ill entertain your retarded argument of comparing the letsbeef standard to 2pac and Eminem...
first of all.. the rating system is meant for LETSBEEF .. not for artists outside letsbeef... its whats an Amazing verse by the standards of the website obviously
and number 2.. even if an eminem or 2pac verse was rated by this system (were talking about text).. their verses would be nowhere near an "amazing" ..sorry
your saying you'd give Mokane a 1 because thats what the description of the 1 is.
but thats not the way things work, you can give him a 5 or a 6.. give him a 1?? what're you trying to prove? that you dont care and your the big hero whos gunna change the site and be all honest about your votes?? hahah shut up
and i hate to break it to you guy, but ive never read a verse from you that was anything better then "awful"..

anyway.. the issue isnt the number you put beside peoples names
the issue is you have no idea what to look for and your explanations on battles are laughable
.. so no your not a good voter

"Rhetard"

... wtf ^?
Amen... :high:

MARVY
05-04-2010, 07:57 AM
I guess there's always room for improvement with any system. And theoretically, if another site were to execute this system better - then I'd take my money there. AND DON'T GET ME WRONG - I love letsbeef and am loyal to it, but we can all admit that no system is perfect. Alotta times I post a thread asking what others "think" about aspects of the site and a few cats always go on my threads and say shit like "this is pointless -the answer is simple and will never change" but this is not the mindset to take as improvement will never come then. Unknown you say this "isn't rocket science" but in fact the structure of this site IS scientifically laid out, with logic to it all. There is a science of rap as well, very little is black and white.

amen to this Steric!!! Mindsets toward threads sure are fucked up!!! Most of it comes from those who are higher up u know...always feel like pissin all over dudes threads....Mindsets!!!!

MARVY
05-04-2010, 11:00 AM
lol, the culprit! lmao!

UnEtHıCaL
05-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Jason, don't be so mean. People with low voting power should be allowed to vote until they have their voting power raised, something which is only done by voting. This guy is onto something!

MARVY
05-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Hehehe! Epic Sarcasm! Aight man!

UnEtHıCaL
05-04-2010, 05:32 PM
You see, I'm a nice guy when you get to know me...but if you get to know me even more I turn out to be an asshole all over again.