PDA

View Full Version : Question!!!

Shake-Spear
04-11-2010, 06:03 PM
What does LB look for in a good "text" battle verse. Im new here and Im just curious as to what Im being rated on. I've only battled twice so far and one dude was alright but not many punchlines nor were his disses creative. The second guy just was not good at all, I felt bad even battling him, but the only vote we happen to get was for him so he must be doing something right.

So this is Why I want to know what is LB looking for.

I was told to fill out the box but then it wouldnt be 8 lines/4 bars it would be more like 8 stretched ass lines or 12 - 14 lines.

Also what does "sniping" mean on LB?

Just trying to get info on how to get better on here.

THNX

Erupt da Monsta
04-11-2010, 06:22 PM
sniping is battling someone who youll clearly beat or taking a rookies open... somthing of that sort..

and lb looks for multis, structure,PUNCH POWER, swag, rhyme skeme, complexity,origionality.

Brodie B
04-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Here's the main things good voters look at.

Punches
Metas
Multis

Main focus should be having good concepts in the punches. Multis are just something nice to have because they help the flow but punches are valued higher.

Sniping is what a lot of LB does. It's basically either having a prewritten 8-16 line battle done and you copy and paste it on an open battle that you know you can beat. It's frowned upon but so many people do it that it doesn't matter. It's tourney qualifying month so pretty much the whole site is doing it right now.

dmullz
04-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Send me 8 lines n ill show u my dduede

Drizzyy
04-11-2010, 06:35 PM
^ haha, that'll teach him, alrighty.

King John
04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Shake Spear you got pretty good flow and some decent concepts just fill up the box and you should get some wins.

JWall
04-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Just because you think your 8 lines is 8 lines the "LB WAY"! It is how we break down the bars here, 2 lines is 1 bar and 8 lines fills up the box. You can fill the box without stretching the shit if you just make your Concepts more Complex and get an AVY so noobs don't think your another noob and vote against you because you look like another Noob!

Shake-Spear
04-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Thnx for all the answers. I'll work on fillin the box an see what happens. Dmullz I'll send 8 by tonight.