PDA

View Full Version : Letsbeef democracy?

UnEtHıCaL
02-14-2010, 03:00 PM
I think we should take away the approach of a democratic website. Fair enough this may be the fairest way to run it, but is this the best way on a website with so many cheaters who love to grab the rule book and throw out technicalities and quote Alonzo from training day;

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

I think our moderators and admins should have the ability to ban someone outside of the official rules of the site. Look at the top 10, can you prove they are cheating? No! Do you know they are cheating? Yes! How is the site supposed to go forward when so many cheaters can run around the site pulling any sort of stuff they want as long as they never cross paths with the authority figures? People have always spoke their bullshit about the 'corruption within the mods', but I think a little corruption is what's needed to fight fire with fire.

Do you guys feel that if the mods don't fully stick to the rules, that others won't either, or that by being more agressive and giving the undersirables a taste of their own medicine and banning the suspected cheaters we can have a better community?

�Inkredible�
02-14-2010, 03:05 PM
thats stupid. im in the top 10 because i want an emcee upgrade, so i have been sniping. so you are saying that anybody you THINK is cheating that the mods can ban them? thats stupid.... the site is working fine the way it is now... you want in the top 10 then snipe... i know that is a horrible thing to say but that is the truth, no need to ban people. even though 2 guys in the top 10 asked me to vote on their battles and i got them both banned hahahah!!

Rican
02-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Than dont say Your the top in the site that month cuz you just want your prize
Your not showing your real skillls and not challenging yourself.

UnEtHıCaL
02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Top 10 as an example, I have no idea who you are and if people don't class you as a cheat then ok.

But think of it this way, all of those people who cheat and have done for years, get banned for a month and then do it again, can't we just keep banning them, aside the rule book? They contribute nothing to the site except negativity.

And the site is FAR from working fine, the site has almost never worked fine, and that's why drastic measures need to be done to try to save it.

�Inkredible�
02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
i never claimed to be the top rican, i plainly stated the fact that i just want an emcee upgrade didnt I? exactly...

Rican
02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
On your ''Trophy Case''

�Inkredible�
02-14-2010, 03:10 PM
i worked for those... those were my first two months to even battle on this site

UnEtHıCaL
02-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Emcee items mean absolutley nothing. Everyone kind of likes to have them, but no one even looks at them.

Ohs
02-14-2010, 03:15 PM
this is a great idea...

�Inkredible�
02-14-2010, 03:15 PM
i dont care if people look at them. i like them

UnEtHıCaL
02-14-2010, 03:22 PM
But getting back on topic, why do you disagree?

�Inkredible�
02-14-2010, 03:26 PM
cause i just dont understand... are you saying to ban people you suspect are cheating?

YOU WISH
02-14-2010, 03:26 PM
and it all worked out great for alonzo huh?

the reason you can't ban people you "know" are cheating is some people will get caught in the crossfire and be banned unfairly and the fact you can't take peoples word for it when it comes to pleading innocence means u need proof

UnEtHıCaL
02-14-2010, 03:36 PM
and it all worked out great for alonzo huh?

the reason you can't ban people you "know" are cheating is some people will get caught in the crossfire and be banned unfairly and the fact you can't take peoples word for it when it comes to pleading innocence means u need proof

No doubt someone eventually will, but personally I think being able to ban all of the people who keep this site down is worth one fair person.

Mindless
02-14-2010, 03:53 PM
LetsBeef is not and never has been a democracy. It's a benevolent dictatorship.

Rican
02-14-2010, 03:56 PM
I dont even have emcee items LOL!

Louie Dawgs
02-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Wait...exactly what to do you mean by democracy?? is in we can like..vote them off the site, Survivor style???

Or we vote on mods?? WTF??

Anyways, I think that this site should simply be governed by some sort of social contract.

UnEtHıCaL
02-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Democracy as in everyone gets an equal say, as in we fully follow the rule books and everyone is happy. I just think those in charge around here should get to do as they please as both student and mindless basically will have all of our interests covered.

_SIR_
02-14-2010, 04:35 PM
good points form both sides of the arguement... i can't decide what to vote for on the poll

Krhyme Killz
02-14-2010, 07:07 PM
lol....classic Eth illogical reasoning...

you want people to be banned because we "think" they're cheating lol?
what happens when i call Mayneak a HUGE fucking faggot for ducking my audio that i sent..(true story lol)...and he decides that i'm a ryder cuz i voted for RULE over Mokane and bans me?

lol...i actually think that the mods have an almost ideal level of power, and they handle shit well....i remember PMing a mod about someone sending me a link...and even though i forwarded the mail, they made sure to ask me to send a screenshot. For the most part, people are given the benefit of the doubt unless there's proof. which is actually how a democracy works in most societies.

also, fuck the top ten of any given month...we all know the handful of cats that run the site....

Step S
02-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Agree...Not All The Time, But It's Pretty Obvious.

UnEtHıCaL
02-14-2010, 08:48 PM
lol....classic Eth illogical reasoning...

you want people to be banned because we "think" they're cheating lol?
what happens when i call Mayneak a HUGE fucking faggot for ducking my audio that i sent..(true story lol)...and he decides that i'm a ryder cuz i voted for RULE over Mokane and bans me?

lol...i actually think that the mods have an almost ideal level of power, and they handle shit well....i remember PMing a mod about someone sending me a link...and even though i forwarded the mail, they made sure to ask me to send a screenshot. For the most part, people are given the benefit of the doubt unless there's proof. which is actually how a democracy works in most societies.

also, fuck the top ten of any given month...we all know the handful of cats that run the site....

The mods would obviously discuss it.

A handful of cats run the site, but with the big time vets gone, we could se more from other sites, other sites see the top 10, and then they leave it telling their friends to stear clear too.