PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Emcees N Why?

HipHopKnowledge
10-26-2009, 04:20 AM
WHO ARE YOUR TOP 10 EMCEES AND WHY ?
Started this thread because i know its hard to name just one and id like to know what it is about certain artist you like.. i'll give my list and explain why after i read some of yall opinions
in no order..
1. nas
2. jay z
3. pac
4. big l
5. Biggie
6. eminem
7. slick rick
8. rakim
9. kanyewest
10. jadakiss

honorable mentions
lord finesse
DMX
LIL WAYNE
fabolous
cassidy
50 cent
big pun
styles p
lord finesse

im probable forgetin someone but these are my personal favorite emcees to listen to off the top of my dome...

Verse2
10-30-2009, 01:52 AM
4real 4real

i fux wit ya list...

seems like u have a good general vibe for hip hop...and i like how kiss made da list...and styles made da 2nd string...

***cheaaa nigga***

*honorable mentionz list

Pun and wayne deserve to be up there...DMX not so much for lyrics...but for realism and emotion...not too many can equal his passion wit it...dat deserves respect...he brought a movement when he entered da game...da rest not so much for me...

I fux wit Fab...
but i feel like he has slowly dwindled over the years...for a while i felt he was like joe buddens...***highly underrated*** ...and den when he finally did start gett~n da respect he deserved his lyrics and skills seemed 2 fall by da wayside...i even feel dat way wit da count down...he should have made da hip hop list a minute ago...but i don't think he deserves it now...

50cent ain't an "emcee"...he's an entertainer...to me there is a difference...and MC is a person who is deep wit his meanings and lyrical...and does it for da art...and loves what he does...i think with dat deffinition...50 doesn't qualify as a mc...so far as him naa

Cassidy...
ummm...he's okay...but not top 10 or top 15 to me...he falls maybe n da 20s somewhere...there are people better lyrically then him...if we were to go far as punch line rappers and street rappers he would deff make top 10 for me...but top 10 emcees naa

***main list***

Nas
deffinitely deserves to be up there...a true rap legend...if he hadn't have been n da game...i think personally...alot of the creative concepts wouldn't have been brought n2 hip hop...again...dats my opinion...not so much fact...jus my opinion....he showed the world that u can be black...and a rapper...and b intelligent...have something to say...and not always be about bull shit...kno what i mean...if he didn't make a top 5 list...or a top 10...peoples views on an "emcee" would be wrong..."Rewind"..."Ether"..."1 Mic" 2 name popular big 1s for people questioning my reasoning

Jay~Z
I feel he deserves to make the list for what he has done...i'm not a fan of him personally...let me say dat 1st...cuz people gon b like whatttt...lmao...but he started out...with no one wanting to sign him...and everybody say~n he was wack...and nothing but road blocks...and built his own thing from da ground up...and became not only a house hold name...but a person people call da "god emcee"...whether u agree or not..."n my case...not"...lol...he deserves to make da list...bcuz he built his rep...buissiness and all dat on his own...dats respectable...and 2 dis day people strive to be like him...u can't mention rap without say~n Jay~z...even a person who barely knows anything about rap...knows jay~z...and dats jus crazy...lol

I never really listened to Biggie and Pac when they were alive...but i'm not gonna say they don't deserve to make da list...but i feel alot of people started out dick riding them because they had died...no disrespect to them...they are and were talented...jus felt like n da begining niggaz bigged dem up for the wrong reasons...but Pac was like Nas and DMX mixed...he was poet...and he was passionate about his...and for his time dat was live...Biggie...Biggie was talented too...dat nigga was gangsta son!!!...have u read some of dudes lyrics?...he said some really borderline gay shit back den...lmao...and got away wit da shit for who he was...somebody said dat shit 2day...their careers would b n serious jeopardy...lmao

no racist shit here...but a white friend of mine put me on 2 Big L...everybody was like who?...LL Cool J...no nigga!! Big L...dat nigga was talented as a motherfucker...listen to his ebonics song...i forget what da offical song title was...but ghetto ebonics...or whatever...dat nigga was nice...he deserves to make da list too...as an emcee...

Eminem
...there should never ever...be a person to doubt him making da list...rap started out a black man's game...back n da day...there were very few white people doin it...and even they were eghhhz...naa mean...key example Vanilla ice...but dis nigga...not only did he come n rapping...he came n goooood!!!!...da nigga was talented...and could battle a nigga and rip his ass...lyrically off da wall...da nigga is nasty...black...white...latino...arab...dat nigga was sickkk...he could murk you...and he could turn around and put out a hit song...and for somebody from the underground...let alone a white guy from da underground...dat is a feat inside of a feat...and i'm not say~n white people can't rap...i'm say~n...eminem showed the white community..."aye...we can do dis ish too"...and it made niggaz have to step their game up...so he deff deserves to make dat list

I'ma be honest wit niggaz...Slick Rick i never really listened to...da songs i have heard from him were good...and i'm not gonna talk bad on sumth~n i don't really know...cuz dat would b ignorance...but from the like 4 songs i have heard from him he was good...can't say whether he deserves to make da top 10 for obvious reasons...lol

Rakim...
i always liked dis nigga yo 4 real...da nigga was 1 of da 1st people out rapping like niggaz today...and was killing it...i was like damn nigga....***cheaaa***...lol..."when i be on da mic"...i love dat song...dat shit was classic

kanye...
as far as an emcee...Kanye deff deserves to make dat list...now his attitude...dats a different story...but for talent and lyrics...there are few who are on dat cliff wit him...he's nice...he jus needs to hurry up and humble his ass...and learn how to shut his mouth with his opinions...but all his albums so far have been serious...

JADA!!!!
***CHEAAA NIGGA***lmao
dis is my nigga...1 of the most slept on niggas out there...i have always...ALWAYS...been a fan of the lox...even when i didn't know who they were...a song would come on...and i'd hear da nigga ripping...and i'm like dis dude is live yo...den somebody came back like dats styles...or dats kiss...or dats louch...oh werdddd....lmaooo...kiss has always been a lyrical monster...he is deffinitely an emcee...his way wit words is hard to compare to anybody...and because his voice is so distinctive...it showcases it...some people gon feel like i'm dick riding...cuz i alreagy said i'm a dblock fan...but kiss brings intelligence to rap...aside from da fact he went to college...he shows niggas dat having a vocabulary and some common sense can getchu places...
top 5 dead or alive...and dats jus off 1 LP

lmao...damn dis shit is long as hell...well...homie asked for an explanation...i think i gave him alil more den he asked for...lol

HipHopKnowledge
11-03-2009, 03:31 PM
"I fux wit Fab...
but i feel like he has slowly dwindled over the years...for a while i felt he was like joe buddens...***highly underrated*** ...and den when he finally did start gett~n da respect he deserved his lyrics and skills seemed 2 fall by da wayside...i even feel dat way wit da count down...he should have made da hip hop list a minute ago...but i don't think he deserves it now..."

u musta aint heard the new album?

and i aint know jada went to college thats wassup though...

HipHopKnowledge
11-03-2009, 03:37 PM
i forgot to add lord finesse he was sick with it... yall nigga should go listen to him if you aint heard he helpd bring big l out in 92

Verse2
11-03-2009, 09:54 PM
my bad 4 da length homie...i kno u were like...
(Is he done rambling yet)

lmao....

i seen u said u wanted an explanation wit everything...so i tried to give short takes on my ish...naaa mean....but it got a bit lengthy

but i own da Fab cd....it kinda let me down...like i use to b a serious fan of Fab...when niggaz dogged him while i was there...i was like naaa...he jus underrated...

lmao...like he was my nigga or sumth~n...lol

i jus feel like lyrically he's not hungry anymore...he sounds like success has hit him...and he's letting it get 2 him...Fab is capable of so much more...but if u listen 2 most of what hs's been say~N n his songs...it jus sounds like not much of noth~n...he jus putting words 2 da best and calling it a day...ya kno

idk...i fux wit da old fab...

da punchlines dat could give "lloyd banks a run for his money" ~ fab...

dis seems like da i~got~money fab...idk...dats why i feel like he shouldn't make da list right now...they're giving him respect and shit for the wrong stuff...like they're rewarding him for rapping not hungry no more....dat sounds wrong 2 me

MaD-Trey
12-12-2009, 02:59 PM
1.Immortal Technique:This cat has it all...Intelligence,Wicked Flow,Honesty and he ain't just a rapper,He's an activist.

2.Necro: Alot of people write Necro off as some lame wigger,But this dude has some of the most insanely brutal and fluent shit ever. Anyone who's ever heard his early radio freestyles would see this dude has mad,mad skills

3.Cage:Witty as hell,Dark,Honest and the dude isn't scared to try new shit,His new record stands somewhere between Nine Inch Nails & Old school Necro.

4.Vinny Paz:With the exception of his blatant homophobia,I just love the way the dude spits....Savage,Rhythmic and the earlier JMT stuff was complex as shit.

5.El-P:This guy is just off the fuckin wall,Complex,Layered,Metaphorical,and his Beats are dark as shit. With the exception of NAS,I've never heard anyone that can rhyme over such unorthodox and abrasive beats faultlessly.

6.Sage Francis:Call him a "Backpack" rapper if you will, but that don't change the fact that on the mic he is almost untouchable. His stuff is poetic,Rhythmic,Intelligent..With the exception of apathy i'm yet to hear anyone that has outshined him on a freestyle.

7.Apathy:This dude just blew me away,knows how to fit the right words in the right places which make his verse almost pristine. And his freestyles are mind blowing enough to destroy most pre-written verses.

8.Mr.Hyde:This dude doesn't have the greatest rhymes,But his delivery is Unique. When He's on the mic you know who it is straight away. Can take any beat and still keep his own rhythm without seeming out of place.

9.Sabac Red: Once again his lyrics aren't spectacular but i really dig his subject matter.The dude's all heart. So i gotta respect that.

10.Ill Bill: His new stuff is good,but his old shit was incredible. Heavy,Brutal,Intelligent.

Probably Not Accurate as it's from the top of the head,but it will do for now.
Mad props to Q-Unique & Atmosphere as well...just missed out but fuckin brilliant all the same.

OATS
12-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Lupe
Gunz
Gucci
Wayne
Hussle

All time-
Pac
Big
Method man
ODB