PDA

View Full Version : Which album is Nas's best??

Óðinn
10-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Aiight, Which is the better album?

What you think?:confused:

Óðinn
10-20-2009, 12:19 PM
illmatic....

Just C
10-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Stillmatic...lmao..whos that in ya bottom picture?

Óðinn
10-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Illmatic...lmao..whos that in ya bottom picture?

Profite lol... he straight gangsta lol
he a crip, thats from New zealand

Phonocide
10-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Illmatic isn't only his best album, it's damn near THE best album. I don't think anything can touch the significance of that album ever again. Not that the rest of his shit isn't phenomenal as well, but it's hard even finding the words to describe the impact that Illmatic had. Feel me?

-$aw

Sinseer
10-20-2009, 10:41 PM
they all sick i voted for illmatic tho

Warren Peece
10-20-2009, 11:08 PM
THE ONE that doesnt exist

Laurgon DeStroya
10-22-2009, 12:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ1Rbw68JFg

HipHopKnowledge
10-22-2009, 01:30 AM
illmatic & stillmatic

Warren Peece
10-22-2009, 04:01 AM
I don't know. Like most industry artists, over-rated (ness) occurs.

ahem.

and that kid looked like a fuggin gerbil.

BallFirst
10-22-2009, 04:01 AM
how come you dont have the tape listing

HipHopKnowledge
10-22-2009, 05:05 AM
i liked all nas albums fareal

Phonocide
10-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Really? Student? You're a smart cat. Tank, you too. Ya'll don't appreciate Nas? I'm nowhere near his dick, he's probably put out more shit that I don't like than shit I do... But if you're really into hip-hop, there's no denying what he's done for the game. I hope I misunderstood you guys.

-$aw

Warren Peece
10-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Is he talented? Yes. Nuff said. Was I a fan? No.

Top Notch
10-22-2009, 02:36 PM
i like posion...... das' about it.

i hated illmatic i aint like one song.

wow.

But really, iont see how this is even a discussion....Illmatic...thats his masterpiece(deuces)

pUL5e
10-22-2009, 03:55 PM
I been a Nas fan before I was a Em, Jay-Z, Tupac, or Biggie fan. Nas was the dude that got me inspired to rap. I remember watching "One Mic" on TV and the video for "Nas Is Like" (One of his best songs lyrically)

And ya'll are takin the Illmatic shit too far. EVERYONE says Illmatic was his best album...his greatest album..bla bla bla it was this and that, bla bla hands down..etc...And i'm sittin here like

WHAT THE FUCK?

Did you niggas listen to STILLmatic? Yea, Stillmatic, ya know. It had Rule, Ether, Poison, Every Ghetto, Rewind, You're Da Man..... Come on now; Illmatic ain't touchin Stillmatic.

HipHopKnowledge
10-26-2009, 04:40 AM
I been a Nas fan before I was a Em, Jay-Z, Tupac, or Biggie fan. Nas was the dude that got me inspired to rap. I remember watching "One Mic" on TV and the video for "Nas Is Like" (One of his best songs lyrically)

And ya'll are takin the Illmatic shit too far. EVERYONE says Illmatic was his best album...his greatest album..bla bla bla it was this and that, bla bla hands down..etc...And i'm sittin here like

WHAT THE FUCK?

Did you niggas listen to STILLmatic? Yea, Stillmatic, ya know. It had Rule, Ether, Poison, Every Ghetto, Rewind, You're Da Man..... Come on now; Illmatic ain't touchin Stillmatic.

YEA I AGREE FAM STILLMATIC HAD THE MOST SONGS I LIKE OUTA MOST HIS ALBUMS

HipHopKnowledge
10-26-2009, 04:53 AM
Listenin to stillmatic right now... If You Dont Like Stillmatic Then U Dont Like Hiphop

Sinseer
10-26-2009, 06:30 AM
if you dont like nas you dont like hip hop id nearly go as far as to say...nas is a masterpeice he has done a song that everyone in the world could like....wow im deeply shocked by this forum

Heavythoughtz
10-26-2009, 06:48 AM
i like posion...... das' about it.

i hated illmatic i aint like one song.

this guy is officially the dumbest mutherfucker to ever be born. jesus christ

HipHopKnowledge
10-26-2009, 07:39 AM
word^ poison was a great song tho

Óðinn
10-26-2009, 07:43 AM

WHAT THE FUCK?

^^Yeah stillmatic is dope as fuck....if im bein totally honest, there is not one album of Nas that i dont like. He's dope as fuck. his flow, metaphores are on point ALL THE TIME! HIs Hip Hop is dead album was dope, the Black Republicans track feat Jay-z was dope. But yeah Stillmatic is a dope album. Stillmatic is more of a metaphorically gifted album, were as Illmatic is more street, wit a classic flow!
Hard one to call!!

Just C
10-26-2009, 09:36 AM
I know alot of people will pick illmatic just because it's the "in thing" to say..Be truthfull people..I been listening to nas since illmatic..But I got alot more out of stillmatic (the jay beef ether and 1 mic, Got yourself a Gun just to name a few) and the Godson LP.. I know I Can(Poppy but deep & positive content wise) Get Down, The acoustic number Ghetto Gospel C'mon stop being sheep and admit that it's possible to get better with age..Illmatic was Nas 3rd best ..Stillmatic was best..remember rewind?, Book of rhymes.stillmatic was 1 of the freshest most creative albums PERIOD....

Just C
10-26-2009, 09:44 AM

WHAT THE FUCK?

Hahahaha thats wassup Pulse..Most people only say that shit to sound like they know what they talking about..Ilmatic though nice..was not his best album

Óðinn
10-26-2009, 10:29 AM
I know alot of people will pick illmatic just because it's the "in thing" to say..Be truthfull people..I been listening to nas since illmatic..But I got alot more out of stillmatic (the jay beef ether and 1 mic, Got yourself a Gun just to name a few) and the Godson LP.. I know I Can(Poppy but deep & positive content wise) Get Down, The acoustic number Ghetto Gospel C'mon stop being sheep and admit that it's possible to get better with age..Illmatic was Nas 3rd best ..Stillmatic was best..remember rewind?, Book of rhymes.stillmatic was 1 of the freshest most creative albums PERIOD....

^^Yeah thats very true fam.
I have to say I AM and Nastradamus were seriouslys dope albums.
In 1998, Nas began work on a double album, to be entitled I Am… The Autobiography; he intended it as the middle ground between Illmatic and It Was Written, with each track detailing a part of his life. The album was completed in early 1999, and a music video was shot for its lead single, "Nas Is Like." It was produced by DJ Premier and contained vocal samples from "It Ain't Hard to Tell." Music critic M.F. DiBella noticed that Nas also covered "politics, the state of hip-hop, Y2K, race, and religion with his own unique perspective" in the album besides autobiographical lyrics. Much of the LP was leaked into MP3 format onto the Internet and Nas and Stoute quickly recorded enough substitute material to constitute a single-disc release.

The second single for I Am… was "Hate Me Now," featuring Sean "P. Diddy" Combs, which was used as an example by Nas' critics of him moving towards commercial themes. The video featured Nas and Combs being crucified in a manner similar to Jesus; after the video was completed, Combs requested his crucifixion scene be edited out of the video. However, the unedited copy of the "Hate Me Now" video made its way to MTV. Within minutes of the broadcast, Combs and his bodyguards allegedly made their way into Steve Stoute's office and assaulted him, at one point apparently hitting Stoute over the head with a champagne bottle. Stoute pressed charges, but he and Combs settled out-of-court that June.

Columbia had scheduled to release the pirated material from I Am… under the title Nastradamus during the latter half of 1999, but, at the last minute, Nas decided to record an entire new album for the 1999 release of Nastradamus. Nastradamus was therefore rushed to meet a November release date. Though critics were not kind to the album, it did result in a minor hit, "You Owe Me. It was produced by Timbaland and featured R&B singer Ginuwine. The only pirated track from I Am… to make it onto Nastradamus was "Project Windows," featuring Ronald Isley. A number of the other bootlegged tracks later made their way onto The Lost Tapes, a collection of underground Nas songs that was released by Columbia in September 2002. The collection saw decent sales and received glowing reviews.

In 2000, QB's Finest was released on Nas's Ill Will Records. QB's Finest is a compilation album that featured Nas and a number of other rappers from Queensbridge projects, including Mobb Deep, Nature, Capone, the Bravehearts, Tragedy Khadafi, Millennium Thug and Cormega, who had briefly reconciled with Nas. The album also featured guest appearances from Queensbridge hip-hop legends Roxanne Shanté, MC Shan, and Marley Marl. Shan and Marley Marl both appeared on the lead single "Da Bridge 2001," which was based on Shan & Marl's 1986 recording "The Bridge."

^^For ppl who dont have a clue. Your welcome lol

UnEtHıCaL
10-26-2009, 10:54 AM
For you guys struggling to understand why people don't like NaS, I know why.

War Tank and student probably don't like NaS as NaS is not a fantastic artist. He has a good sound to his voice and works well with tempo and all that. His lyrics are good but he has no real attraction to his sound. Alot of his beats come off more boring than alot of other artists. NaS is a very good rapper but he is not that good an artist. I like NaS, Illmatic is sick, Stillmatic is sick, but I've never been a massive fan and to listen to, he is not very exciting.

KarB on the other hand does not like NaS as he is not primerally an underground head. Underground music is like NaS with added lyrics. Underground usually is not the best for artists, but they have better lyrics than anyone else, so when they are at a par on the music with NaS, and have much better lyrics, people like KarB really cant compaire the two because one is far greater on paper that way.

I like NaS, for anyone going to respond to this, but thats basically just the facts of it.

Top Notch
10-26-2009, 10:55 AM
To get it straight...i pick Illmatic cuz that shit hit da hardest to myslef. Yea Stillmatic had some great tracks an i love dat shit too, but Illmatic was street as shit....no commercialization....jus straight hip hop. Every track was lyrical as shit...dude just raped on it. Stillmatic is a great album...but i gotta go wit Illmatic. That put Nas on tha map...an made every head in hip hop takle notcie. People got they opinions an i understand that....(other than Karb sayin Illmatic was not good)...i dont think you can go wrong wit most Nas albums...but Illmatic is that shit (deuces)

UnEtHıCaL
10-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Why did he put N in this?

UnEtHıCaL
10-26-2009, 11:13 AM
This just made me play my old Illmatic shit again. I've had it playing through to Halftime and everything is sick as hell. Shits so legend.

JiNx Beatz
10-30-2009, 05:12 AM
Illmatic!!!!

Exalted Echelon
10-30-2009, 12:56 PM
well obviously illmatic is his "best" album and possibly the best album ever dropped in the genre

to me personally........the three i enjoy most are i am, stillmatic and god's son

Óðinn
11-01-2009, 10:05 PM
to be honset, when i started this forum.
I honestly didnt think any one would reply lol.
And in all fairness, there isn't a Nas album that i dont like,
Or that i dont listen to. Nas is one of those rappers,
that no matter what song it is thats playing, you wont skip it to get to another one.
Just let the whole album play from start to end.
And i only find myself doing that wit 2PAC and Nas.
Other rappers albums, i flick thru to get to a better track.

respect all the feed back.
Like i said i didnt think it'd get a response lol.

Stotty Pimpin
11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
illmatic is the best one in my opinon, but i think it wus written has the better songs...i gave u power, affermative action etc...

Just C
11-02-2009, 12:01 PM
I thought Albums contained songs

Just C
11-02-2009, 12:05 PM
I do think Stillmatic was the best work.. but to be honest I got something from every Nas album..If I was going of songs then stillmatic..But if I was to go of the Album which had the most effect on me growing up it would have to be I Am