PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Vocals

Just C
09-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey wassup people. For the past month or so now i've been writing tracks and recording vocals..But i can never seem to get my Vocals sounding right...I've just purchased the Samson G Track Condenser Microphone..A purchase i've regreted since day 1...But i can't take my Mic back because of hygene reasons..once its been used thats it..i've got to live with it (how fucked is that?)... I used to have the samson co1u which is cheaper than the G track..So in hindsight being a dumbass i thought i'd go with the G Track..it's gotta be a nicer mic if it cost more right? WRONG!!!...my vocals sound flat and extremely low end heavy..plus it pics up bucket loads of backgroung noise...No matter what i seem to do my vocals sound poor...Im baisicly looking for some mixing tips from any one who uses Adobe audition (not cool edit) Or Propellerheads Record..Im really at a loss...so much so that everytime i record i end up scraping my projects...I just cant produce a track if it dont sound right..im really picky like that and it bugs the hell out of me....I know i need a new mic...and i will be buying a decent mic with & external mixer ect in the next month or so..but im looking for a solution to see me through till then...id really apreciate your help..thanx