PDA

View Full Version : LetsBeef.com rules and Regulations

Teek
07-10-2008, 12:47 AM
LetsBeef.com Site Rules and Regulations:

MEMBERSHIP RULES

Membership Requirements: In order to become a member of LetsBeef.com, you must meet the following requirements: The User must provide accurate information when registering at LetsBeef.com, User's Username and Password are personal and not transferable, User may not use another user's account. LetsBeef.com is not liable for any loss or damages caused by any disclosure, either intentional or by accident, of user's Password. User reserves the right to cancel membership at any time.

Multiple Accounts: Members are allowed only one account at LetsBeef.com Under no circumstances are you allowed to maintain more than one account, even if they are all maintained legitimately.

Harrasment: Under no circumstances will ANY racial slurs be tolarated on LetsBeef.com. You will be severely punished,up to banishment permanantly depending on the severeness of the action. LetsBeef is made up of many different nationalities from around the world.

NO BITING: Biting is the unauthorized copying of any other individual's work for personal use. It will NOT be tolarated in any way, shape or form. If your verse, in part or in whole is proved to have been bitten from another person, YOU WILL BE BANNED No questions asked! If you cannot be original on this site, you do NOT need to be here. With thousands of members listening to our Battles daily, you will be exposed if you are using someone else’s lyrics.

PM for VOTES RULE:
Because this problem is still rampant and banning the offenders isn't dissuading them from still doing it Mindless and I have come up with a new method for dealing with this. From now on if a moderator gets a screen shot of an advertisement of someone asking for votes it's an automatic loss on the battle that they linked to. EVEN IF IT SAYS FAIR.

That means if you PM someone or advertise battle links directly to an individual for a vote and we get it then you lose that battle. No crying, no bitching, it's a loss.

This shouldn't even be an issue that has to be addressed, but because it is this rule should help stop the problem.

It's a shame that something like this should have to be implemented but we the staff are dedicated to resolving this issue and others. Because forwarded private messages are easy to fake only screen shots will be accepted. Below are instructions for taking screenshots.

Take A Screen Shot Of A Pm on a PC

1) Open Up The Pm So That You're Looking At It In Your Web Browser (IE, Firefox, Opera, etc. etc.)

2) Press The PRT SCRN Button On Your Keyboard That Is To The Right Of Your F12 Button.

3) Open Up Paint Which Is In The Accessories Menu In Windows.

4) Hold down the CTRL button and press V. This will paste an image of the offending PM.

5) Save the image.

6) Send It To Me Or One Of The Other Moderators In A PM By Uploading It To A Host Like Photobucket Or Simply Imbed It In An E-mail.

Take A Screen Shot Of A Pm on a Mac

1) Open Up The Pm So That You're Looking At It In Your Web Browser (IE, Firefox, Opera, etc. etc.)

2) Press The apple +shift + 3, then the picture will be saved to the desktop as Picture 1

3) Send It To Me Or One Of The Other Moderators In A PM By Uploading It To A Host Like Photobucket Or Simply Imbed It In An E-mail.

VOTING RULES:
Users may not use Multiple accounts to vote on their own battles. Any individual doing so will have all accounts permanantly banned with further actions taken on those battles affected including loss of votes and/or loss to the battle itself.

Users found deliberately placing:
Unfairly low votes for both verses in a battle (example 1's 2's 5's) when the verses clearly warrent much higher or Hate/dickrider votes scoring one individual much higher than the other (Example 10-1, 9-2)

First Offense: vote deleted and voting power lowered
Second Offense: vote deleted and voting power lowered
Third Offense: banned

There is NO Tolarance for such behavior. Consider this your warning.

(added O.E.'s 2 Rules)
1st rule: Provide links. If you send me a PM wanting me to deal with a battle or forum issues provide a link i don't have all day to search.

2nd rule: People keep posting those "KANYE GOT SHOT" or "SOULJA BOI IS ACTUALLY LYRICAL"absurd and impossible threads. No one believes them but out of curiosity they click then you see someone posting a link to a battle. I WILL NOT BAN YOU FOR THIS...but i will either 1. delete the thread or 2. make you look totally gay and edit your message and thread lol...and if you can't take a joke then I will set chuck norris on you.

You are ENCOURAGED to give full explanations about your vote. Lead by example and people will eventually do it on your battles as well. There WILL come a time where it'll be mandatory, For now though, your vote power may depend on HOW YOU VOTE. Users expressing good voting practices will have their voting power raised, those continuing with 'FV VB' and 'No H8' votes could possibly have theirs lowered. Consider it punishment or reward.