PDA

View Full Version : ChatGPT

NOBLE
02-07-2023, 08:14 AM
Just curious...
Have any of you attempted to use ChatGPT to write rhymes or battle verses? It's fairly decent at coming up with puns and wordplays. If so, what was your experience like?
Do you consider doing something like that as cheating? How do you think AI chatbots like ChatGPT will impact Rap music or music in general?

Row
02-07-2023, 10:51 AM
what is that ?

Barzooka
02-07-2023, 11:50 AM
Interesting...

NOBLE
02-07-2023, 11:55 AM
what is that ?

It's an artificial intelligence content generator. It's like those AI image generator apps, but for words. It can write code, a poem, or even a resumé...pretty much anything really.

ThaGauddyGawd
02-07-2023, 12:20 PM
Is there a package or dev kit that is C++ or Python compatible. The Web api appears to be at capacity.

Row
02-07-2023, 12:40 PM
Interesting...

you accidentally edited NOBLE's post loool

NOBLE
02-07-2023, 12:51 PM
Is there a package or dev kit that is C++ or Python compatible. The Web api appears to be at capacity.

Yes, OpenAI provides a Python package for interfacing with their GPT-3 language model, including the pre-trained ChatGPT model. The package is called "openai" and can be installed via pip. Here is an example of how you can use it in Python to generate text:
import openai

# Set up the OpenAI API key
openai.api_key = "YOUR_API_KEY"

# Generate text using the ChatGPT model
response = openai.Completion.create(
engine="text-davinci-002",
prompt="Hello, how are you today?",
max_tokens=1024,
n=1,
stop=None,
temperature=0.5,
)

# Print the generated text
print(response["choices"][0]["text"])

As for C++ compatibility, OpenAI doesn't currently provide a C++ SDK for the GPT-3 language model. However, you could use the Python package from a C++ program via a Python extension module such as Boost.Python or Pybind11.

Purps
02-07-2023, 01:02 PM
Never used it before- every time i try it says its at capacity. Im curious to see what kind of battle raps a bot can make lol

Barzooka
02-07-2023, 01:02 PM
you accidentally edited NOBLE's post loool

I fucked up

RhymeSmoke
02-07-2023, 03:08 PM
Not sure what this is but Im a movie buff and occasionally get some funny quotes and flip myself on to it. But ive never used anything but my thoughts to come up with shit. Ive used a thesaurus online a few times to stretch out some bars, but its winded up not even helpin. With audio sometimes ill spit like a rough draft for myself, mostly freestyle or a 16 I got in my head for a couple days. Then ill listen to it and work it from there. Its all memorizing for me though. I will sometimes jot something down of i dont wanna forget it, but i usually dont forget it. Memorization is key...i used to write like 4 or 5 drafts 20 years ago... not realizing i didnt need to because i already had it in my head. Once i realized that shit...pen and paper was a wrap. If you reading ya shit, you can't put ya swag as much on it, and when you ok know ya shit in your head, you can improve, switch bars around on the fly, while rappin your shit...

Flako Boom
02-07-2023, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=NOBLE;1226032]Just curious...
Have any of you attempted to use ChatGPT to write rhymes or battle verses? It's fairly decent at coming up with puns and wordplays. If so, what was your experience like?
Do you consider doing something like that as cheating? How do you think AI chatbots like ChatGPT will impact Rap music or music in general?

Lush one unooo was talking about this app on no jumper one episode

RhymeSmoke
02-07-2023, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't call anything like that cheatin, i mean theres kats that have ghostwriters⁰. But for someone just starting out, i would say use anything available to learn. Most kats need to learn what an actual bars is but ... For anyone seasoned like myself, I try to make everything original as possible, especially battling. I find myself hearing someone else saying something i said and i get pissed off because now I know its not original. I even purposely dont listen to battle rap, as to not subconsciously bite. I find myself sayin shit that Jadakiss has said sometimes and im like...yeah i bit him in accident..lol.

Godbody
02-07-2023, 04:28 PM
I've been messing around with AI for just over a month now, including ChatGPT. I recently had a conversation about how AI can't replace battle rappers simply because of how nuanced battle rap is. ChatGPT does understand literary devices like metaphors, similes, alliteration, consonance, etc...and getting ChatGPT to come up with rhymes is also a simple task.. But getting an A.I. to understand complex wordplay, slant rhymes, etc that make sense in the context of what you're trying to say in your verse is entirely different.

Take a rap battle verse that's conversational for example.. Where you're injecting the audience into your verse, or telling a story of how the battle got set up. To incorporate all these literary devices in a way where they make sense line after line is difficult for ChatGPT.

Google's AI Bard is coming soon & Google's private AI is rumored to be 10x better than ChatGPT. Interested to see if Bard can tackle this better than ChatGPT.

NOBLE
02-07-2023, 04:52 PM
I've been messing around with AI for just over a month now, including ChatGPT. I recently had a conversation about how AI can't replace battle rappers simply because of how nuanced battle rap is. ChatGPT does understand literary devices like metaphors, similes, alliteration, consonance, etc...and getting ChatGPT to come up with rhymes is also a simple task.. But getting an A.I. to understand complex wordplay, slant rhymes, etc that make sense in the context of what you're trying to say in your verse is entirely different.

Take a rap battle verse that's conversational for example.. Where you're injecting the audience into your verse, or telling a story of how the battle got set up. To incorporate all these literary devices in a way where they make sense line after line is difficult for ChatGPT.

Google's AI Bard is coming soon & Google's private AI is rumored to be 10x better than ChatGPT. Interested to see if Bard can tackle this better than ChatGPT.

I agree. I don't see ChatGPT being able to write a solid battle rap verse on it's own just yet. But you can ask it to generate puns or metaphors for specific concepts that you can then turn into a bar.
I expect Google Bard to be better because Google has been working on AI since at least 2016, and the makers of ChatGPT actually got it started with something Google had made available open source to developers.
Microsoft owns a great deal of OpenAI's patent portfolio and they're talking about incorporating it into Bing which could be a Google search killer. 60% of Google's revenue comes from search and the ads associated with them. It will be interesting to see what happens going forward. Getting the specific answer you want to your query as opposed to getting a list of links that you have to sift through to see which one answers your query---is definitely a search engine killer. It will be interesting to see what both companies come up with.

Godbody
02-07-2023, 06:23 PM
Yeah Google has been working on AI for almost a decade it feels like.. I remember they introduced a Pixel phone mad years ago where it had an assistant A.I. that would do things like tackle telemarketing calls or book appointments for you. All of these AI's are trained on different models & Google's been in the business of translate & language processing for forever.

IIRC you're a coder, no? ChatGPT4 is on the way.. OpenAI's model for translating language to code is known as Codex and they're supposed to be improving Codex for ChatGPT4. ChatGPT3 spits back broken code sometimes & there's a knowledge/skill gap for the average joe who doesn't understand code line-for-line. They aim to close those gaps a bit by improving Codex so that it explains each line of code to you.

NOBLE
02-07-2023, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't call myself a "coder" strictly speaking. I know a little bit of html, javascript, and css...just the basics. I haven't tried using ChatGPT to write code, but I've been watching some videos on how it works. I think it just basically spits out some templates and snippets. You would still have to customize it for your specific project. I wonder if it's able to write for boilerplates like Zurb or Bootstrap. And word...I remember that AI they had that can make calls and set up appointments and shit. Google has a bad habit of starting things and then letting newcomers surpass them because they're moving too slow. Even the self-driving thing, Google had been doing that for years before anyone even heard of Tesla, but they never commercialized it in the same way. I think they will be a bit more aggressive with this Bard thing because it threatens their core business.