PDA

View Full Version : Forum Not Letting Me Post

Sean Griffey
01-03-2021, 11:22 PM
Is there a reason that all of the threads I try starting have to be approved by a mod? Is it something I'm doing wrong when I submit them? Asking because I'm sure it's annoying that I have to keep hitting up mods whenever I wanna post something

NOBLE
01-03-2021, 11:35 PM
Did you change something on your profile recently? Like your email, perhaps?

Sean Griffey
01-03-2021, 11:37 PM
Did you change something on your profile recently? Like your email, perhaps?

Nope.

NOBLE
01-03-2021, 11:38 PM
Did this thread have to be approved? I was able to see it right away.

Sean Griffey
01-03-2021, 11:39 PM
Did this thread have to be approved? I was able to see it right away.

Nope it let's me post in here, but anywhere else it says it needs to be approved.

NOBLE
01-03-2021, 11:43 PM
Nope it let's me post in here, but anywhere else it says it needs to be approved.

Either way, I haven't looked at the backend of vBulletin in a while, but sometimes when a user changes their email, it kicks them into "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation." That's like a holder usergroup for people who just signed up and any mod can look at your profile in the modcp to make sure you're not there. If you are there, then a head mod or admin would have to move you out of it.

But since you're saying it only happens in some forums and not others, then maybe also check with them to make sure you haven't been banned from those forums. I'm not sure if mods have the ability to do that, but admins do and so might head mods.

Sean Griffey
01-03-2021, 11:45 PM
Either way, I haven't looked at the backend of vBulletin in a while, but sometimes when a user changes their email, it kicks them into "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation." That's like a holder usergroup for people who just signed up and any mod can look at your profile in the modcp to make sure you're not there. If you are there, then a head mod or admin would have to move you out of it.

But since you're saying it only happens in some forums and not others, then maybe also check with them to make sure you haven't been banned from those forums. I'm not sure if mods have the ability to do that, but admins do and so might head mods.

Makes sense. I'll skim through my emails for a confirmation email but I don't think I have one in there.

NOBLE
01-03-2021, 11:46 PM
Check the spam folder. If you did get a confirmation email from LB and you hit confirm, it should clear this up.

Preem
01-04-2021, 05:40 PM
Looks like it got worked out, good shit.

Sean Griffey
01-04-2021, 06:12 PM
Nah it didn't. A mod had to approve my thread again.

Preem
01-04-2021, 06:32 PM
Nah it didn't. A mod had to approve my thread again.

Daaamn bruh that shit wacksauce, peeps gotta fix the site.