PDA

View Full Version : HOF: Krhyme Killz

Óðinn
10-24-2020, 08:42 PM
Krhyme Killz is a legendary battler from the Golden Era. I'm surprised to see he's not already HOF.

He's the Untouchables Champion and also Live battler. Is versed in text battling, audio battling and also track making. A true heavyweight in his time.

I nominate him for HOF. Making this thread for others to have their say.

Kiwi Peewee
10-24-2020, 11:15 PM
2FUEL which hall of fame though?

Kiwi Peewee
10-25-2020, 01:15 AM
Champion EtH RULE Rowdy Punk Godbody Lockhart Student

Kiwi Peewee
10-25-2020, 02:54 AM
Ok so I'm not going to vote on this because I wasn't around when Krhyme was active, but here are my thoughts:

I went through KK's record to find a list of his victories over big names. Hopefully this can help me, and others, make an informed decision. Here is what I found (for text):

Tournament history:
• Rookie of the Year 2009 2nd place
• One Bar Tournament I 2nd place

List of victories over names I recognise as probably being pretty good (W–L):
• RULE (1–2)
• RhetoriK (1–0)
• AmBitiousFlow (2–0)
• swiftkeys (1–1)
• HVK (1–0)
• GRizzEAT (2–0)
• Multiple Madness (1–0)
• Dissizit (1–0)
• GOOD GRIEF (1–0)
• EtH (1–0)
• AkRid_ArTz (1–0)
• Frankie Clipz (1–0)

Overall, I believe Krhyme Killz should not be inducted into the Hall of Fame for Text Battling. Here is why:

Krhyme clearly sparred many times with the heavyweights of his era – RULE, Mayneak, EJT, Illimit, Mani Mula, YOU WISH, reEFer, remarK, Coree Warpath – but against every one of the names I just listed he has a losing record. RULE is actually the only one of those names he ever beat at all. Tournament wise, the 2009 Rookie Championship wasn't even a tournament, the site decided RULE and KK were the best two candidates and they had one battle. EtH, RULE and Nick all ranked KK in the mid-30s in their greatest textcees of all time (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169480) lists, and nobody disagreed with that; imo mid-30s isn't a justifiably high ranking for someone being inducted into the Text HOF which currently has 19 inductees.

RULE
10-25-2020, 05:32 AM
Admittedly im biased cuz thats my dude but i personally think he was one of the best writers in the game.

Killz was a GC in Audio. And i think had long runs in other tourneys.

I think Audio HOF is where he'd belong.

1/

RULE
10-25-2020, 05:33 AM
https://www.letsbeef.com/tournament_battle_details.php?id=960&section=lb

He beat YOU WISH (UNKNOWN ARTIST) in the final. fyi.

The Saaxxx Baba
10-25-2020, 08:06 AM
if dude was an audio GC and also a legitimate text heavyweight i think it's a no brainer then.

Rowdy
10-25-2020, 08:46 AM
I think I had just came to LB at the end of his run but dude was definitely smoking shit. And I've done my history.

Definitely HOF for Audio

EtH
10-25-2020, 10:31 AM
I wasn't around at audio but I don't remember people thinking Krhyme was ever the undisputed best on the site. He was always a tough challenge for anyone but you could probably name 10-20 guys during his reign that were ranked higher.

Manhattan
10-25-2020, 02:40 PM
Kryme’s known multi account was Sawyer right?

Lizman
10-25-2020, 03:26 PM
Ok so I'm not going to vote on this because I wasn't around when Krhyme was active, but here are my thoughts:

I went through KK's record to find a list of his victories over big names. Hopefully this can help me, and others, make an informed decision. Here is what I found (for text):

Tournament history:

• RULE (1–2)
• RhetoriK (1–0)
• AmBitiousFlow (2–0)
• swiftkeys (1–1)
• HVK (1–0)
• GRizzEAT (2–0)
• Multiple Madness (1–0)
• Dissizit (1–0)
• GOOD GRIEF (1–0)
• EtH (1–0)
• AkRid_ArTz (1–0)
• Frankie Clipz (1–0)

Overall, I believe Krhyme Killz should not be inducted into the Hall of Fame for Text Battling. Here is why:

Krhyme clearly sparred many times with the heavyweights of his era – RULE, Mayneak, EJT, Illimit, Mani Mula, YOU WISH, reEFer, remarK, Coree Warpath – but against every one of the names I just listed he has a losing record. RULE is actually the only one of those names he ever beat at all. Tournament wise, the 2009 Rookie Championship wasn't even a tournament, the site decided RULE and KK were the best two candidates and they had one battle. EtH, RULE and Nick all ranked KK in the mid-30s in their greatest textcees of all time (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169480) lists, and nobody disagreed with that; imo mid-30s isn't a justifiably high ranking for someone being inducted into the Text HOF which currently has 19 inductees.

Why Am I Not On That Victory List?
Oh Wait, Because I Beat Him :D
Krhyme A Cool Cat Though

On Another Note, RULE Wasn't A "Heavyweight" When Illimit Was One

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Tournament history:

• RULE (1–2)
• RhetoriK (1–0)
• AmBitiousFlow (2–0)
• swiftkeys (1–1)
• HVK (1–0)
• GRizzEAT (2–0)
• Multiple Madness (1–0)
• Dissizit (1–0)
• GOOD GRIEF (1–0)
• EtH (1–0)
• AkRid_ArTz (1–0)
• Frankie Clipz (1–0)

On A Different Note Altogether,
Whatever Happened To AkRid_ArTz?

Celsius
10-25-2020, 03:39 PM
Yes. Had some of the dopest conceptsand one of the greatest pens ever

Óðinn
10-25-2020, 06:44 PM
Admittedly im biased cuz thats my dude but i personally think he was one of the best writers in the game.

1/

My bad. Moved thread to correct section lol.

Phil Banks
10-25-2020, 06:54 PM
don't think he won a GC audio he won some sort of blue title though forgot what they called it back then..... I think KK is right there an if he had a GC it would be a yes for me but without one I dunno

Óðinn
10-25-2020, 07:07 PM
don't think he won a GC audio he won some sort of blue title though forgot what they called it back then..... I think KK is right there an if he had a GC it would be a yes for me but without one I dunno

I believe it was a GC, just named differently: Untouchables

Kiwi Peewee
10-25-2020, 08:18 PM
Ok so again I've gone through KK's battle record and made a summary of what he did to help people make their decision. Won't give my opinion on this cos I know nothing about audio in that era:

Tournament runs:
• Basic Audio Tournament VI: Round 1 n/s W, Round 2 vs KINGRULER W, Round 3 vs dbang W, Round 4 vs Skitt_Blazin L
• Beast Mode Championship: Round 1 vs B-L-0-C-K-A W, Round 2 vs strat W, Round 3 vs LunaticK L
• Basic Audio Tournament VII: Round 1 vs MYST W, Round 2 vs Lady Policy W, Round 3 vs KFLOW WGT W, Round 4 vs FeRnO L
• Beast Mode 2011: Round 1 vs BENSON THA GREAT L
• Beast Mode 2012: Round 1 vs BLNK W, Round 2 vs Dono W, Round 3 vs Doc T W, Round 4 vs DaMostH8ed W, Final vs YOU WISH W

Records against people whose names I recognise (W–L):
• Mr Goodness (lots and lots of battles–0)
• RULE (2–1)
• Haz (1–1)
• Phil Banks (0–2)
• Ohs (4–0)
• IAmFlow (2–0)
• People Krhyme is 1–0 against: Danger Rich, SoupErb, KAM SPEECH, Fiji Osa, Askari, Swagnificent, AkRid_ArTz, Huey Jazz (I think), Strat, Rant, UNKNOWN ARTIST, Doc T, Dono, OSKAR
• People Krhyme is 0–1 against: Jason, Ticket, Erupt, AllBoro, SWAVY, Wigsplit, Godbody, reEFer, remarK, Mayneak, LunaticK, Skitt_Blazin, Ferno, Benson

Overall audio record (including tourneys):
81 wins / 29 losses (73.6% win rate)

EtH
10-25-2020, 08:19 PM

So exactly like the Spring throwdown?

Óðinn
10-25-2020, 08:20 PM
So exactly like the Spring throwdown?

Nothing like any of the throwdowns. Nice try though LOL

Phil Banks
10-26-2020, 01:56 AM

it was called beast mode an we eventually made it into the LBA... wasnt ever a GC

EtH
10-26-2020, 09:12 AM
Nothing like any of the throwdowns. Nice try though LOL

Ah because it being an invite tournament of all the best people is the opposite of the throwdowns....?

Kiwi, one thing about your list is it's written from the context of text. I don't remember anyone saying "Watch out for Ohs, IAmFlow, SoupErb, Akrid Artz or Oskar in audio". Like you'd usually list me as a win in someone's text accomplishments but you'd never dream of considering me as a big audio winm

Kiwi Peewee
10-26-2020, 03:27 PM
Kiwi, one thing about your list is it's written from the context of text. I don't remember anyone saying "Watch out for Ohs, IAmFlow, SoupErb, Akrid Artz or Oskar in audio". Like you'd usually list me as a win in someone's text accomplishments but you'd never dream of considering me as a big audio winm

Yeah ik, I’m sorry but I just don’t know the audio arena well enough. I do know the names of every audio tournament finalist and every LBA title match contender though, so I made sure to include all of them.

Manhattan
10-26-2020, 05:42 PM
This thread confusing as hell though lol at first it was a HoF nomination for text. Now it's a HoF nomination for audio? Fuel you drunk son of a bitch

Kiwi Peewee
10-27-2020, 06:07 AM
Don't wanna jump on the "Fuel is an incompetent mod who is clearly subordinate to Kiwi" train but this thread is in the wrong place, it belongs with the other HOF nominations :p

Godbody
10-27-2020, 05:11 PM
Yeah why not. Some people are above average in both text & audio and thats why separate categorys for each is stupid to me sometimes...he's just HOF period, not HOF in text or HOF in audio

Phil Banks
10-28-2020, 06:00 AM
I just think KK was never that guy. He won beastmode but me an Swavy both weren't in it. He was deffo top 5 even when I was here but wasn't ever on top. If he came back an had a run I'd say yeah. I think we need to make a real critieria for HoF in the NBA the question is always could the leagues story be told without this person. Sucks but I don't think KK is an integeral part to the LB story. He has a big role in my personal history cause of our lil beef but I think bigger picture not as much. Even among classick members I don't think he was ever the top dog.

Just my 2 cents. KK comeback an win one for the Hall bruh

Kiwi Peewee
10-28-2020, 06:50 AM
I think we need to make a real critieria for HoF in the NBA the question is always could the leagues story be told without this person. Sucks but I don't think KK is an integeral part to the LB story.

Honestly this is the approach I think we should take to all HOF nominations. Not "can I imagine this guy fitting into the hall of fame" but "can I imagine the hall of fame without this guy".

Sawyer
11-02-2020, 09:39 AM
I just think KK was never that guy. He won beastmode but me an Swavy both weren't in it. He was deffo top 5 even when I was here but wasn't ever on top. If he came back an had a run I'd say yeah. I think we need to make a real critieria for HoF in the NBA the question is always could the leagues story be told without this person. Sucks but I don't think KK is an integeral part to the LB story. He has a big role in my personal history cause of our lil beef but I think bigger picture not as much. Even among classick members I don't think he was ever the top dog.

Just my 2 cents. KK comeback an win one for the Hall bruh

ok.....:guns:

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

1/

THIS is why i always fucked with RULE from day 1. A real dude, and LOYAL.

Son we had some of the most fun battles, but even better convos in the thread.

I truly hope all is well with you my friend

RULE
11-03-2020, 03:55 PM
ok.....:guns:

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

THIS is why i always fucked with RULE from day 1. A real dude, and LOYAL.

Son we had some of the most fun battles, but even better convos in the thread.

I truly hope all is well with you my friend

Dont ghost for years like that. Had me worried lol

Alls good mate, hope you and yours are safe and healthy.

Student
09-27-2021, 06:05 PM
Can't believe I hadn't seen this before, YES, definitely, he excelled in both arenas in a time where there was a large bias against Text Battlers. If he didn't ghost I'm sure he would've won a few more titles too.

Óðinn
09-28-2021, 09:21 AM
Can't believe I hadn't seen this before, YES, definitely, he excelled in both arenas in a time where there was a large bias against Text Battlers. If he didn't ghost I'm sure he would've won a few more titles too.

Exactly...

EtH
09-28-2021, 03:29 PM
I also don't have a problem with it anymore. Started to think of the HOF a little bit more like "People that we'd remember" rather than JUST "Is Krhyme as good as this other HOF audio guy".

Óðinn
10-17-2021, 08:54 PM
In Before trahkcoL
https://media.giphy.com/media/j0SnCyYzgqAg3PjFoU/giphy.gif

Student
02-19-2022, 12:36 AM
With 18 Votes Total (11/7) Krhyme Killz is now Officially Confirmed to be Inducted into the Audio Hall of Fame:
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102987

RULE
02-22-2022, 02:35 AM
My GOAT

1/

EtH
02-22-2022, 07:12 AM
I'm just happy these threads weren't deleted like my thread was.