PDA

View Full Version : FVC NEW MEMBERS POLL

Kiwi Peewee
03-27-2020, 08:35 AM
FVC NEW MEMBERS POLL

Thanks to The Saaxxx Baba, Squammy, DiZzReSpEkT, korvus, Easton, Fidel Z, Shodan and GOOD GRIEF for applying to the FVC. Bnas also applied but since then he has been banned for self-voting so I won't be considering his application.

Here's how this poll will work:

Everyone can vote for up to 3 candidates that they want to see join Rieper and Edgeworth in the FVC. The poll will be public so everyone can see who voted, because that's the only way I can see who voted for who. This is how I will weight votes:

• Staff members and current FVC members votes are worth 4 points
• Crew member votes are worth 1 point
• Self-votes are worth 0 points
• All other votes are worth 2 points

Anyone who votes for more than 3 people across all of their multi accounts will just be ignored and I won't count any of their votes.

The applications from everyone are below here so you can check them out before voting.

The Saaxxx Baba
03-27-2020, 09:07 AM
1) Why do you want to be FVC?
- to undo a lot of Bnas and similar kinda votes.
- a lot of people get robbed in open battle in the audio and text sections both
- because this time a more reliable person is in charge of the same which is Kiwi
- i opted out of the last recruitment inspite of being the then FVC King coz it was being run by air heads with 0 grass root level deliverables so i just sat out of it till this day came along again.

2) What makes you a good voter?
- For starters i have averaged about 100 votes a month since i made an account here which is about a year now i think.
- I have a pretty good understanding of what is a winning verse unless there are too many international references that i do not know about
- with that said a lot of those 100 per month votes unquestionably bring quality and quantity both to the table.
- Also, I am one of the few guys (at my skill level) who votes against even the biggest names if required be in the biggest/smallest stages.
- High voting is a by product of a discipline i maintain to improve my own skills by reading as many battles as i can. which more or less translates to the fact that every vote/rating i drop/give is done after i have thoroughly understood the verses.
- Also coz my dick so big you could use it as a selfie stick for the whole solar system!!

3) What kind of voting activity would you expect from yourself if you were in the FVC?
- Nothing other than the fact that it would have increased VP.
- i will be continuing to vote on battles as i have always done.
- I may not open a voting thread coz mostly i do not need one coz i got on voting sprees quite often plus i do not vote on battles wherein the battlers are inactive voters themselves.
- My major focus will be the open ranked arenas audio and texts both, texts being the primary one.
- I will only step into tourney battles which i like reading which are most of them or need more votes, but i may/may not be voting on every tourney battle as is the case with me even without the FVC.
- lots of bobs and vagene shit.

Squammy
03-27-2020, 02:02 PM
1) Why do you want to be FVC? - I usually take a lot of time with my votes to give people clarity on what I think they could improve, why they won/lost/etc but its hard to put all that time/effort into votes for no recognition. Plus I wanna set a standard for other voters on this site because I see a lot of trash or bias votes. I also see this site straying too far away from battling your opponent, as lots of people bring generic indirect bars or similes that could apply to anyone. I wanna appreciate those that go above and beyond with their effort.

2) What makes you a good voter? - I don't come with bias. I understand there's lots of aspects that make a good verse, and I don't knock people down just because they're missing wordplay or complex multis, I try and highlight both the good and bad so people can actually improve. Sometimes good ideas are poorly executed, and I think its important to encourage creativity and originality rather than just say no sorry your multis weren't long enough and give no further feedback.

3) What kind of voting activity would you expect from yourself if you were in the FVC? - The main reason I only vote in patches is because there's no recognition or appreciation when I'm typing considered votes with good feedback, so it gets draining as I don't wanna simply fire off short votes just to get it done. With FVC you'd see a consistent amount of votes from me and I can assure you they'll all contain feedback to actually help battlers improve and give clarity on why I thought they won or lost.

DiZzReSpEkT
03-27-2020, 07:44 PM

There's less than 5 people that vote, and know how to vote. I'm tired of seeing and hearing people complain about shit voting and losing by an inch. I also want to inspire others to vote, since most people just battle without voting, which brings next to nothing to the site. I also want to make the FVC look good, especially after a lot of the controversy that surrounded it's existence. Most people on here also have jobs, which I legally cannot have, this gives me more time to leave votes for the site. I also enjoy helping others as well.

2) I have a completely calculated voting system, and I also break down each and everyone of my votes to every single detail, explaining as to why I picked the choice that I did, in order to prevent complaints of unfair voting. Also, I will request a deletion of my votes if I realize that I missed something in a battle, which prevents any unfair voting on my side. Besides that, I don't have any beef/feuds with anyone on the site that can lead to biased voting. I also know most of the categories with decent knowledge, Concepts, Rhyming, Execution, Clarity and Structure all feeding into if each bar has a heavy punch. I combine each category to see how hard each punch actually hits, and also factor in consistency to see if they maintain the same level of quality throughout a battle (1-Bars excluded). I also know how to vote on topicals and cyphers as well.

3) 30-40 high quality votes a month. If the pandemic shit keeps up? Probably near 60. Votes on next to all tournament battles, except for ones that don't have expos posted that I can't fairly vote on.

korvus
03-27-2020, 09:16 PM
to make sure battles close, to make sure someone like bnas isn't getting free wins because of uneducated voting. to help the site, give an unbiased perspective.
experienced battler and voter. taught by some of the best on the site. former fvc member, and at one point i was going to run the fvc myself. i give unbiased reviews, and try to point out what was wrong, to help people improve. i may not sugar coat it, but i feel like it's better to hear the truth.
3) What kind of voting activity would you expect from yourself if you were in the FVC?
all tourny battles, card battles, and as much in the reg as i can. prob 1000 votes per season.

Fidel Z
03-28-2020, 12:02 AM
I hate job interviews but fuck it....

Only way I'll ever have a title

I've been on here since 2012 you can say I'm a bit experienced. I can tell the difference between a well put together punch that works both ways and a forced attempt. I'm never too harsh with it & look for the positives in all verses instead of just pointing out the negatives.

I can admit that I don't usually vote on battles unless people ask me to vote or tourney bouts need votes. But if I get recruited then I'll have to step it up....and I will.

Thank you.

Z

Charan
03-29-2020, 01:44 AM
May as well throw my hat in this

I feel like I'm a great voter, and have been in the FVC multiple times which means I have experience in being able to live up to the vote requirements (explanations/number and volume of votes required).

I'm always fair regardless of names, titles, and reputation. Because of this, I give people who truly deliver the best content the fairest chance to win. This is what led to me being 2x FVC King on my other account

You can expect top level voting activity, the return of my personal vote thread, and also the encouragement of others to drop votes as well.

Shodan
03-29-2020, 04:25 AM

Because I'm a good voter and I deserve 4vp for the sake of the site.

I'm a heavyweight battler and know exactly what to look for in a bar, particularly bad aspects which shouldn't be there. I'm excellent at criticizing bad bars (albeit not so much at sparing the feelings of their authors). In addition, I know how to heap on praise when needed, and make tight judgments for close battles.

I would try to vote on at least one regular arena battle a day (on average, at least), as well as all tournament battles.

GOOD GRIEF
04-05-2020, 11:10 AM
1) honestly I just want to see newer battlers improve. I’m not here to nitpick bars or sugarcoat anything. I believe that the decline of the site could be attributed to a lack of education and retention in new guys. As much as I hate reading bonus battles it’s always exciting to see improvement and potential. Also some great high profile battles get slept. It’d be nice if I could just have my own stickies voting thread, tired of getting IMs lol

2) I like to highlight a battlers strengths while pointing out major flaws with tact. I’m highly against nit picking and prefer to enjoy bars for what they are and the creative effort put forward. Only when a bar is so gendered by a negative aspect that it negates the impact do I speak on it. Folks have gotten to the point where their expos are longer than verses. Their critiques come off as meticulous and asinine with detail. Turns some off from battling all together. Telling a noob his wording is off in a paragraph when dude can barely rhyme two words together is stupid. Lol

3) I’m going to be honest here, when I choose battles to vote on it’s either randomly from the new battles list or battles I’m actually interested in. If I had a thread I’d hit anything posted in there. After those I’ll hit a couple on the new battles list and then focus on urgent battles (PPVs, tourneys, etc.) Otherwise trying to vote on every single battle? I’d lose my mind lol

Peace/ Kiwi Peewee

Kiwi Peewee
04-06-2020, 10:16 PM
FVC NEW MEMBERS POLL

Thanks to The Saaxxx Baba, Squammy, DiZzReSpEkT, korvus, Easton, Fidel Z, Shodan and GOOD GRIEF for applying to the FVC. Bnas also applied but since then he has been banned for self-voting so I won't be considering his application.

Here's how this poll will work:

Everyone can vote for up to 3 candidates that they want to see join Rieper and Edgeworth in the FVC. The poll will be public so everyone can see who voted, because that's the only way I can see who voted for who. This is how I will weight votes:

• Staff members and current FVC members votes are worth 4 points
• Crew member votes are worth 1 point
• Self-votes are worth 0 points
• All other votes are worth 2 points

Anyone who votes for more than 3 people across all of their multi accounts will just be ignored and I won't count any of their votes.

The applications from everyone are below here so you can check them out before voting.

Subreal
04-08-2020, 01:03 PM
I applied, WTF look at my sig I was even in the old fvc :high:

Fidel Z
04-08-2020, 02:56 PM
Lmfao did this nigga GG really vote for himself? Ban em

Óðinn
04-09-2020, 12:40 AM
Voted :high:

GOOD GRIEF
04-09-2020, 10:34 AM
Lmfao did this nigga GG really vote for himself? Ban em

:D

Subreal
04-10-2020, 11:24 AM
BAT GOD FOR FVC

Student
04-10-2020, 07:22 PM
Voted.

Kiwi Peewee
04-14-2020, 09:53 PM
Ok the poll is closed; later today I'm going to sort it out and hopefully we'll see the FVC expanded and voting activity increased.

Kiwi Peewee
04-15-2020, 12:13 AM
Congratulations to GOOD GRIEF, Shodan and Fidel Z for receiving the most votes and being accepted into the FVC! Thanks to everyone else for applying, and please keep(/start) voting actively and helpfully anyway because at the end of the day its not about the title but about the contribution.

Fidel Z
04-15-2020, 07:47 AM
Litty

Wu5ive
12-15-2020, 10:00 AM
Me cuz im good in every category skill wise