PDA

View Full Version : Race to 2000 Posts

Nicholas
04-05-2020, 11:20 AM
I figured five years after the original 'Race to 1000 Posts' was completed that we should do a sequel. A race to 2000 posts.

Original Post:
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137864&highlight=1000

The original thread was started by Punk, and won by Student. It took 436 days to get to 1000 posts.

Let's go.

Barzooka
04-05-2020, 12:17 PM
M'kay

Aggo
04-05-2020, 12:51 PM
Posting to see how many posts I have

Esso
04-05-2020, 12:52 PM
Considering active members are way less today and we’re looking for twice as many posts, this will only take about 4-5 years.

Rowdy
04-05-2020, 12:53 PM
change my thread from 1,000 to 2,000 being that It made it to 1k posts.

Nicholas
04-05-2020, 12:59 PM
Considering active members are way less today and we’re looking for twice as many posts, this will only take about 4-5 years.

Depends how dedicated ya'll are. Actually I think if you get a few decent conversations going in here you can make progress pretty quickly. Just treat it as an 'off topic' thread.

Charan
04-05-2020, 01:57 PM
Shit I'm down :high:

Aggo
04-05-2020, 02:17 PM
Guys, were almost to 10!

Locchart
04-05-2020, 02:18 PM
I’m ok with posting some of the worst bars ever here to bump the post count a bit.

Person who gets the 2000th post should get 2k credits.

Esso
04-05-2020, 02:35 PM
Number 10

Manhattan
04-05-2020, 02:39 PM
Might fuck around and post every single one of Bnas’ battles in here to breakdown

Aggo
04-05-2020, 02:53 PM
Gonna post some throwaways. Teach these kids a lesson or two.

For instance:

One punch ya lumped up. We'd struggle to get ya COFFIN TO CLOSE
Leave ya whole head like my freestyles. That shit just bumps OFF OF THE DOME!

Take notes yunguns

Barzooka
04-05-2020, 03:18 PM
Here's my throwaway bar that I may or may not use in a battle.

You got no punches, don't step up to the line, just "hit the muay thai pads" YOU GAY PRINGLE!
When it comes to battling? "You throw nothing in the ring" like planning TO STAY SINGLE!

Charan
04-05-2020, 03:38 PM
Might fuck around and post every single one of Bnas’ battles in here to breakdown

https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=406645

PROBLEM CLOCKA, I'm the PROBLEM DOCTA// Dog you wouldn't go hard if you were alive after I SHOT YA// Ya pitch is 'pure wack', off centered and OLD FASHIONED// The kid is 'keystylin' and Ima still give your head a BASHING// If you wanna fuck with the kid then STEP UP// Off the top flowin crazy ya no I'M NUTS// You's better 'step the fuck back' before the kid turns 'subway' and gives you a CLEAN CUT// And I aint talkin about no ARMY SHIT// Dog your just a BARBIE BITCH// Your flow's off and your bars deliver that kinda SNOBBY PITCH..Yah ya no the team, SaVage Scriptz all day, Bnas, LETS GET IT

PROBLEM CLOCKA, I'm the PROBLEM DOCTA// Dog you wouldn't go hard if you were alive after I SHOT YA//

Analytics:

- 3 syllable scheme (basic)
- Repetitive usage of the word "PROBLEM"
- Poor conceptually - to say someone wouldn't go hard if they survived you shooting them seems backwards

Bar Grade: C-

Ya pitch is 'pure wack', off centered and OLD FASHIONED// The kid is 'keystylin' and Ima still give your head a BASHING//

Analytics:

- 3 syllable scheme + broken/choppy execution
- Schemes have poor wording (faSHION and baSHING end differently in sound and rhythmic value)
- No punch or concept of a punch present
- Bar is criminally short, and not developed at all

Bar Grade: D

If you wanna fuck with the kid then STEP UP// Off the top flowin crazy ya no I'M NUTS// You's better 'step the fuck back' before the kid turns 'subway' and gives you a CLEAN CUT//

Analytics:

- extremely played concept by relating "crazy" and "nuts"
- Broken scheme (STEP up, IM nuts, CLEAN cut have different sounds and rhythmic value)
- Concept is pretty decent considering the time this was posted (subway/clean cut)

Bar Rating: C

The last bar I didn't feel like doing, but yeah...breaking Bnas shit down could run us up to 2K easy.

The Ghost of Freak
04-05-2020, 04:05 PM
I TOLD YOU if ya get this ROYAL ENRAGED, TURDS will SOIL YOUR FACE, FOR Im taking a dump, stuck in the THRONE ROOM with no TOiLET PAPER!

Nicholas
04-05-2020, 04:06 PM
I TOLD YOU if ya get this ROYAL ENRAGED, TURDS will SOIL YOUR FACE, FOR Im taking a dump, stuck in the THRONE ROOM with no TOiLET PAPER!

Very relevant in the times of corona.

The Ghost of Freak
04-05-2020, 04:08 PM
Real talk tho those those during-the-shit bars

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

The TP struggle so real, Nick. Musashi

Aggo
04-05-2020, 04:09 PM
Here he is again. It's the lord of the ring. I came back two tower over you. It's the return of the king!

EtH
04-05-2020, 04:27 PM
https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=406645

PROBLEM CLOCKA, I'm the PROBLEM DOCTA// Dog you wouldn't go hard if you were alive after I SHOT YA// Ya pitch is 'pure wack', off centered and OLD FASHIONED// The kid is 'keystylin' and Ima still give your head a BASHING// If you wanna fuck with the kid then STEP UP// Off the top flowin crazy ya no I'M NUTS// You's better 'step the fuck back' before the kid turns 'subway' and gives you a CLEAN CUT// And I aint talkin about no ARMY SHIT// Dog your just a BARBIE BITCH// Your flow's off and your bars deliver that kinda SNOBBY PITCH..Yah ya no the team, SaVage Scriptz all day, Bnas, LETS GET IT

PROBLEM CLOCKA, I'm the PROBLEM DOCTA// Dog you wouldn't go hard if you were alive after I SHOT YA//

Analytics:

- Repetitive usage of the word "PROBLEM"
- Poor conceptually - to say someone wouldn't go hard if they survived you shooting them seems backwards

Bar Grade: C-

Ya pitch is 'pure wack', off centered and OLD FASHIONED// The kid is 'keystylin' and Ima still give your head a BASHING//

Analytics:

- 3 syllable scheme + broken/choppy execution
- Schemes have poor wording (faSHION and baSHING end differently in sound and rhythmic value)
- No punch or concept of a punch present
- Bar is criminally short, and not developed at all

Bar Grade: D

If you wanna fuck with the kid then STEP UP// Off the top flowin crazy ya no I'M NUTS// You's better 'step the fuck back' before the kid turns 'subway' and gives you a CLEAN CUT//

Analytics:

- extremely played concept by relating "crazy" and "nuts"
- Broken scheme (STEP up, IM nuts, CLEAN cut have different sounds and rhythmic value)
- Concept is pretty decent considering the time this was posted (subway/clean cut)

Bar Rating: C

The last bar I didn't feel like doing, but yeah...breaking Bnas shit down could run us up to 2K easy.

I read this and thought more so that Easton has no idea what he's talking about than Bnas. Dude's reading rhymes line CLEAN CUT / STEP UP and saying "3 syllable scheme is basic". Wtf?

Charan
04-05-2020, 04:33 PM
I read this and thought more so that Easton has no idea what he's talking about than Bnas. Dude's reading rhymes line CLEAN CUT / STEP UP and saying "3 syllable scheme is basic". Wtf?

Lmao I was waiting on someone to catch it :D

Aggo
04-05-2020, 04:36 PM
El em ay oh

EtH
04-05-2020, 05:18 PM
Lmao I was waiting on someone to catch it :D

Fashion and Bashing is also fine as a rhyme.

Aggo
04-05-2020, 05:28 PM
Fashion bashin' is a hate crime

Charan
04-05-2020, 06:36 PM
Fashion and Bashing is also fine as a rhyme.

Whoa there killa. No it ain't. Myself, and others have recently been scolded and often our whole verses dubbed "total throwaways" because one or two sounds in a syllable of ONE fucking multi was off...not naming names *cough* but we established from that point forward we're keeping that same energy lol

EtH
04-05-2020, 06:50 PM
Okay but see the thing is I don't care what those people think or said that hurt your feelings.

Just going strictly off rap, those are defo fine to rhyme.

Aggo
04-05-2020, 06:56 PM
Eth is right. If you need to be a total text nerd drop the hard ING. Fashion and bashin' is a perfect rhyme unless you have a weird ass accent or something. "Keeping that same energy" in this case just equates to "someone said it was wrong so now I think it's wrong too". I would probably not "keep that energy".

Charan
04-05-2020, 07:27 PM
Eth is right. If you need to be a total text nerd drop the hard ING. Fashion and bashin' is a perfect rhyme unless you have a weird ass accent or something. "Keeping that same energy" in this case just equates to "someone said it was wrong so now I think it's wrong too". I would probably not "keep that energy".

I was more referring to the way we read bars. There should be a universal standard for judging battles. Myself and others were judged a way, so I figured we could just accordingly. That's all.

Barzooka
04-05-2020, 08:06 PM
You guys should dead ass check out this producer. He makes different types of beats both heavy, lo-fi and a fire mix of both.

january beats (prod.mutru) - YouTube

Rowdy
04-05-2020, 08:25 PM
https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=lb&id=683891

Kiwi Peewee
04-06-2020, 12:01 AM
https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=lb&id=683891

Holy shit that battle is fire. S/o Punk and Boro for putting on a great show to get us through quarantine haha.

Also, to everyone reading this: please go vote on Saaxxx vs Kiwi Rookie of the year final https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=517748

I had to get X to reopen it because 3 votes is just not good enough for a tourney final. We have 2 days to try get this to 10 votes, please get to it if you can.

Esso
04-06-2020, 11:05 AM
Fashion and Bashing are just fine...if anyone is being that much of a stickler, link an example and call them out. We’re trying to get this to 2000 posts. A little back and forth would help.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

I was more referring to the way we read bars. There should be a universal standard for judging battles. Myself and others were judged a way, so I figured we could just accordingly. That's all.

There will never be a universal standard because any type of voting is opinion even if there’s criteria to base those opinions on. Everyone interprets things differently, has different accents, and different preferences that all create unconscious bias. It’s not like judging like the XGames or something because a 720 is a 720 no matter who does it. Best you can do is have dialogue with those who have differing opinions and try to understand why they think the way they do.

korvus
04-06-2020, 11:14 AM
there was this forum game "overrated/underated" that i liked, however i'd like to bring it back in this thread with a few changes.

so it'll be "grade me" and whoever is posting can leave a "report card" of any battler of their choosing. i'm not gonna instruct people on how they conduct they own ratings but, i'd recommend considering their strength as a writer over their popularity or site impact.

i'll start with somebodies bars i know pretty well Rieper

so with lock, i've always felt like what he did best is execute punches with almost no margin of error, and that's just basically in the structure. his punch strength varies but it's rare to every see a bar that's bad coming from lock. his concepts are usually pretty average, but he's the textbook example of how perfecting your craft can pay off.

i've seen him do many different styles of battles and bars, but where i feel like he shines best is in concept and topical battles. he's actually a pretty talented writer and i wouldn't be shocked to find out he wrote novels or something like that on the side.

he also doesn't get enough respect as an audio battler. he has a near perfect cadence, and manages to put some swagger and impressive bursts of energy into his bars when he spits. i'd check his battle with detri mental in the audio gc for an example of how impressive he can be.

overall? i'd give him an A-

i don't think he's the best battle rapper out there, but i sure as fuck think he's the most consistent (which some could argue makes him the best) i also personally prefer other styles i've seen, so maybe he deserves an A+ but this is my personal grade.

Fidel Z
04-06-2020, 11:17 AM
Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley - Medication ft. Stephen Marley - YouTube

For those who wanna elevate..

Squammy
04-06-2020, 11:48 AM
Here's some more Bnalysis, we'll start with his legendary opener vs MCBeast:
https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=517756

Bar: now someone tell me this PUNKS NAME, bone yard? sounds like me when I'm boning his girl in his back yard WHAT SHAME!

Expo: Bnas bringing genius from bar one. He says he doesn't know his opponents name, so through power of deduction and clever use of Occam's Razor (that which uses the fewest assumptions is likely correct), reasons that it HAS to be bone yard. I can't even figure out why. That's how much smarter Bnas is than me.

Anyway Bnas then makes the incredible observation that "bone yard" is similar to "boning" in a "yard". That's elite wordplay, and also serves to paint a detailed picture of Bnas' supernatural powers of stealing bitches and committing public acts of gross indecency.

And finally, of course, he says "what shame" rather than "what a shame" to flex his lexical wisdom, and force a horrible shitty multi.

No wonder he keeps ducking me. He knows I'm not ready to face him yet, and he's avoiding me for my own good. Nothing but respect for MY number one battler of all time.

Locchart
04-06-2020, 12:02 PM
Anyway Bnas then makes the incredible observation that "bone yard" is similar to "boning" in a "yard". That's elite wordplay, and also serves to paint a detailed picture of Bnas' supernatural powers of stealing bitches and committing public acts of gross indecency.

Looooooool

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

More Bnalysis from this gem of a battle with artdizzl3:

https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=516917

shovel to ya family tree, that's how you SMASH THE CACTUS VEINS the reactions I get insane, fans shouting "BODY! BODY! BODY!", and I BLAST THE BASTARDS FRAME, every 'bar I spit'.. everyone in the crowds reaction making that JAZ THE RAPPER FACE

Bnas once again showing how much of an absolute wordsmith he is. No one else could possibly try to connect family tree with cactus veins like that. He’s playing 4-D Chess spitting bars like that. Also, SMASH THE CACTUS VEINS? That rhyming is so fresh and so unheard of that I immediately was in awe of his lyrical prowess when he spat that. He then spits about how everyone screaming body body body! Because he’s got a very prosperous live battle career up in Canada, Ontario (he calls it that, and I’m not one to question the GOAT), and it’s no secret that famous names like Organik, SMACK, and Jaz The Rapper come to Thunder Bay to watch his live battles against top-tier names like Yue. That’s why he mentions Jaz The Rapper. He’s speaking on such advanced tiers that most will never even fathom reaching that it might’ve gone over heads the first time he spat.

Bnas is a true lyrical genius.

The Saaxxx Baba
04-06-2020, 01:13 PM
i could just mention how many inches my dick measures by and take this post up to 2000 cumulatively with one inch every post but imma let everybody chip in instead and send a dick pic in the end.

Nobody - Lollypop....

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Bnalysis

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Squammy
04-06-2020, 01:43 PM
Because he’s got a very prosperous live battle career up in Canada, Ontario (he calls it that, and I’m not one to question the GOAT), and it’s no secret that famous names like Organik, SMACK, and Jaz The Rapper come to Thunder Bay to watch his live battles against top-tier names like Yue.

Fucking quality. Love to see Bnalysis is catching on.

Nicholas
04-06-2020, 01:49 PM
I just dropped a battle for the first time in over two years. :eek:

Locchart
04-06-2020, 01:59 PM
I just dropped a battle for the first time in over two years. :eek:

I just voted on that battle you dropped for the first time two years :eek:

The Saaxxx Baba
04-06-2020, 03:48 PM
I just voted on that battle you dropped for the first time two years :eek:

and since both ya'll got ur mouths wide open...

Nicholas
04-06-2020, 05:57 PM
So, it might have taken the previous thread over a year to hit 1000 posts but they didn't have the huge advantage of quarantine... am I right?

Barzooka
04-06-2020, 06:06 PM
So, it might have taken the previous thread over a year to hit 1000 posts but they didn't have the huge advantage of quarantine... am I right?

You are very right.

Nicholas
04-07-2020, 02:49 PM
Subreal you ducking bro? Get at them BATS.

Subreal
04-07-2020, 04:54 PM
Subreal you ducking bro? Get at them BATS.

You sent 8 hrs ago, I work. lol

Barzooka
04-07-2020, 05:06 PM
POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST!

Nicholas
04-07-2020, 05:07 PM
That UFC 249 card is looking pretty dope, and I'm glad to have something to watch because quarantine boredom is killing me.

The Ghost of Freak
04-07-2020, 05:18 PM
That's it. Fuck this site. I quit....

and

will see y'all in a few months or next year.

Y'all just don't provide me the love and attention I so desperately crave.

I'm Audi 5000.

Peace bitches.

Aggo , Rieper , Guts / korvus , y'all be good now ya hear. Yeeeeeeehaw!

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Lxve stop bumping other threads ... And stealing my exit thunder. I'm trying to pretend that someone gives a fuck.

FreeRican
04-08-2020, 04:14 PM
Lol, my thread just beat this thread.

Sad.

Brayne Ded
04-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Lol, my thread just beat this thread.

Sad.

I know, dude. Twitter is absolutely abuzz with the news. Hundreds of millions of likes and follows. Activity on LB is unequivocally booming. There is probably like 5 famous battle rappers signing up as I type this. Maybe even 6. News outlets are rushing to set up interviews; the press is running out of ink printing updates on the situation. President Trump is drafting his address regarding this unparalleled activity of this event. Foreign nations are mounting investigations into how Rican's post got so popular so fast.

Oh, wait. Nobody fucking cares. It was cute of you to point this out, though. Way to go, bro! I'm happy for you.

FreeRican
04-08-2020, 05:33 PM
Bro, no one cares about your skitzo ass.

Go improve the relationship with your counselor.

My point is that all I needed is 2hrs on LB, and I was able to get y'all to post more than the average.

This place is called LETSBEEF

we should encourage and promote the beef talking, rap battling etc.

You're NO ONE on the site, bro.

Outlets are setting up interviews with me on the site.

Y'all can either be part of it or be out of it.

I'm creating my own lane, kid. I'm actually trying to transition to the live scene so I don't give a fuck what you say tbh.

I am doing more than you

Brayne Ded
04-08-2020, 08:22 PM
Posting in forums on a ghost town website is "doing more?" Alright then. Weird flex, but okay. Good luck with your "career."