PDA

View Full Version : The Audio Concept Tourney is live!

Kiwi Peewee
03-11-2020, 07:12 PM
Round 1 of LetsBeef.com’s second ever Audio Concept Tournament is officially live!

I’ll be posting the concepts of every battle each round here, so that everyone can see them. Make sure to vote on every open battle you can, whether you’re a participant or a spectator!

The draw is random (s/o Google’s random number generator) but the concepts are generated by our users, so make sure you keep suggesting ideas on the concept suggestions page (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170052).

ROUND 1

Deadline to post: Saturday 14th March at 11:59pm EST.

Kompz vs Barzooka
CONCEPT: Horrorcore bars

Rieper vs Student
CONCEPT: US cities

Shodan vs korvus
CONCEPT: Anime

CakedOut vs UhhMAZING
CONCEPT: Household items

DETRI_MENTAL vs MecH
CONCEPT: Exotic animals

Occam vs GOOD GRIEF
CONCEPT: School subjects

ALL-BORO vs Án Dágda
CONCEPT: Famous rap albums

The Ghost of Freak vs Erupt
CONCEPT: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

ROUND 2

Kompz vs Rieper
CONCEPT: Candy/Sweets/Lollies/whatever you choose to call them

Shodan vs CakedOut
CONCEPT: Disney Movies

MecH vs GOOD GRIEF
CONCEPT: Musical instruments

ALL-BORO vs Erupt
CONCEPT: Character battle: LeBron James (ALL-BORO) vs Michael Jordan (Erupt)

Kiwi Peewee
03-11-2020, 07:19 PM
Also Kompz Barzooka Rieper Student Shodan korvus CakedOut UhhMAZING DETRI_MENTAL MecH Occam GOOD GRIEF ALL-BORO Án Dágda The Ghost of Freak Erupt on your battles I posted that the deadline was in February. Hopefully you realised I meant March.

Kiwi Peewee
03-12-2020, 03:43 AM
A few competitors have been asking for clarification around what a concept battle is, so I thought I’d put a general explanation here. With the exception of Kompz and Zooka, who just have to write guts-and-gore type bars (the final of the last text concept tournament is a good example if you look back for it) everyone else has been given some kind of thing as their concept. The idea is that you write a normal battle verse attacking your opponent, but that every punch is themed around your concept. A memorable example of this in the last text concept tournament is this battle (https://www.letsbeef.com/tournament_battle_details.php?id=2479&section=tb) between CakedOut and Brayne Ded. This is a pretty simple example of how to stick to the concept in a text verse. You can get even more creative with it (in Brayne Ded’s verse in the next round against Shodan the concept was “the Amish” so he wrote the whole thing in the way they speak) but if you’re new to it I’d recommend sticking to a normal battle verse but with each bar being themed on your concept.

If anyone wants further explanation or doesn’t understand their concept feel free to contact me.

Skitt_Blazin
03-12-2020, 04:23 PM
Anyone not posting, let me get their slot!

The Saaxxx Baba
03-12-2020, 04:24 PM
good job kiwi !

Student
03-13-2020, 09:39 PM
Anyone not posting, let me get their slot!
I need an extension but I'd rather swap with SKIT since he's up for it right now, if that's cool with Rieper

Locchart
03-13-2020, 11:52 PM
I’m ok with this. Skitt_Blazin do you wanna work with a different concept than what was originally given?

Kiwi Peewee
03-14-2020, 12:34 AM
Student Skitt_Blazin Rieper

I’m not going to restart the tournament brackets since people have already posted verses, but here’s the solution that occurs to me: Rieper and Skitt do a 60 second battle in the basic audio arena (their deadline to post will be Sunday midnight, I’ll assign them a new topic) which everyone votes on normally. Student and Rieper post dead air (or just tell people to go vote on the Riep vs Skitt battle) in their tournament battle. I’ll assign an auto win to Rieper if he wins in the basic arena or Student if Skitt wins. If Skitt wins then he’d continue facing “Student’s opponents” in the basic arena.

Please let me know your thoughts on this ASAP cos we’d need to get it sorted really quickly.

Locchart
03-14-2020, 12:39 AM
I’m fine with that. Student Skitt_Blazin thoughts?

Student
03-14-2020, 11:29 AM
I'm wid' it but if SKIT wins the whole thing best believe I'm making a case for sharing the Concept Champion title lmao nah I'm playing

Skitt_Blazin
03-14-2020, 12:04 PM
Im down! Whats the concept? Also Rieper will be sending me the battle... I actually been waiting for this match up!

Locchart
03-14-2020, 02:46 PM
Yeah I’ll send and what is our concept Kiwi Peewee

Erupt da Monsta
03-14-2020, 04:36 PM
Yeah I’ll send and what is our concept Kiwi Peewee

That’s a dope first round matchup.

I’ll throw out a few
Concepts:
Video Games
Ancient Civilizations
Types of Candy
Skin Products
Infectious Diseases

Kiwi Peewee
03-14-2020, 04:55 PM
Rieper Skitt_Blazin

Your concept is: Board Games

You have until Sunday 14th March 2020, at 11:59PM EST to post your verses. There can be NO EXTENSIONS on this time because it’s already 24 hours behind everyone else.

Either one of you can send because if someone sends and the other person doesn’t reply in time then the sender wins by DQ.
Student
Could you drop your “verse” in the audio bracket as soon as possible just saying that the battle has been replaced by Rieper vs Skitt in the basic arena and telling people to go vote on it.

Rieper
Could you drop your “verse” in the audio bracket as soon as your bout with Skitt goes live telling people the same thing as what Stu says.

Kiwi Peewee
03-14-2020, 04:56 PM
That’s a dope first round matchup.

I’ll throw out a few
Concepts:
Video Games
Ancient Civilizations
Types of Candy
Skin Products
Infectious Diseases

Damn these are dope. I’m looking forward to using a few of these in the next rounds.

Erupt da Monsta
03-14-2020, 05:28 PM
Damn these are dope. I’m looking forward to using a few of these in the next rounds.

For sure. It’s funny cus I was actually gonna post board games instead of video games lol

Let me know if you need any more concepts.

Skitt_Blazin
03-14-2020, 05:35 PM
Got it

Kiwi Peewee
03-14-2020, 06:01 PM
For sure. It’s funny cus I was actually gonna post board games instead of video games lol

Let me know if you need any more concepts.

Yeah man, I’m always looking for more stuff to have up my sleeve for the later rounds. All suggestions from anyone are welcomed here: https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170052

The Ghost of Freak
03-14-2020, 11:05 PM
Kiwi Peewee and Erupt I will try to get something in tomorrow

The Ghost of Freak
03-15-2020, 01:20 AM
Kiwi Peewee and Erupt I will get this in before noon tomorrow. I can't record do the noisiness at night and others sleeping.

MecH
03-15-2020, 01:33 AM
Only me and detri posted??!!! Gotta be kidin me

Kiwi Peewee
03-15-2020, 03:24 AM
Attention EVERYONE:

The audio recorder has stopped working for a lot of people. If this is affecting you, send me your bars AS SOON AS YOU READ THIS. If you send me your bars straight away you have an extension until X can fix it. If you don’t send me the bars immediately, or you deliver different bars to the ones you sent me, you will be DQed for missing the deadline.

The Ghost of Freak
03-15-2020, 12:17 PM
Kiwi Peewee ... go mine in... do you mind deleting my first three comments... i kept having to revise my Expo and just reposted a full revised version. Thanks bro-zilla.

Skitt_Blazin
03-15-2020, 04:59 PM
Here is the link to battle I sent Rieper

https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=lb&id=683566

Locchart
03-16-2020, 01:40 PM
Once again HUGE shoutout to Skitt_Blazin for a dope battle on such short notice.

Kiwi Peewee
03-17-2020, 08:32 PM
UPDATE: The closing date for voting on round 1 has been extended to when Skitt vs Rieper finishes; that is 23 hours (approximately) after I am making this post. Remember to get those votes in!

Kiwi Peewee
03-18-2020, 08:57 PM
ROUND 1 HAS CLOSED. ROUND 2 HAS STARTED. SEE THE UPDATED OP FOR DETAILS.

Congratulations to Kompz Rieper Shodan CakedOut MecH GOOD GRIEF ALL-BORO and Erupt to advancing after an absolutely fantastic first round, where imo every battle that properly went down was super-close and great quality!

Locchart
03-18-2020, 09:08 PM
ALL-BORO vs Erupt is Battle of the Round easily.

GOOD GRIEF
03-26-2020, 01:30 PM
Kiwi Peewee wtf is our concept bro? Lol idk what to write