PDA

View Full Version : New Battle Type: Double Blind Drops

X
02-22-2020, 04:56 AM
After listening to your feedback on the idea (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167787), we have added a new battle type:

DOUBLE BLIND DROPS

When you post an open or private double blind drop your verse and identity will be HIDDEN until your challenger posts.

Starting a battle:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/626651324246917139/680704141764460549/doublestep.PNG

Battles:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/626651324246917139/680704287734759437/doubleblinddrop.PNG

Open battles:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/626651324246917139/680704254264344576/doubleopen.PNG

Private battles are sent from the system:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/626651324246917139/680713596438839296/doublesystem.PNG

Enjoy! :high:

Óðinn
02-22-2020, 05:11 AM
Dope stuff. Great addition to the site :high:

Edit: Perhaps it would be a good idea to have identity hidden until the battle is over?

X
02-22-2020, 01:26 PM

Edit: Perhaps it would be a good idea to have identity hidden until the battle is over?

That's an interesting idea , we are also considering double blind voting where votes are hidden.

Rowdy
02-22-2020, 01:51 PM

This this this. Hide until battle over Haha I thought that was the original idea

MecH
02-28-2020, 06:37 PM
Appreciate the work being put in from the big wigs. Great additions as of lately.

(Slow clap)

exwhyzee
02-28-2020, 10:33 PM
Good idea but doesn't it take away the nameplay/personal factor?

Malishus
02-29-2020, 09:57 AM
yeah hiding both identitys only works in a generic battle.

GOOD GRIEF
03-09-2020, 12:29 PM
yeah hiding both identitys only works in a generic battle.

Yeah this is the only downside. Also the challenger is free to use as many nameflips as they want. I think to make it an even playing field, give the person being challenged a free look at their opponent’s drop for rebuttals.

Idk maybe this slightly feels like it’s slightly defeating the purpose. A GREAT IDEA I JUST HAD THO...

WHAT IF... you could put your name into a blind battle pool and get matched with another blind battler? BOTH of you have no clue who the other is until the battles over. This could be great for Rookie VS Vet series and is kind of like those KOTD secret battle cards. @X Kiwi Peewee RULE Rai

Kiwi Peewee
03-09-2020, 04:24 PM
Yeah this is the only downside. Also the challenger is free to use as many nameflips as they want. I think to make it an even playing field, give the person being challenged a free look at their opponent’s drop for rebuttals.

Idk maybe this slightly feels like it’s slightly defeating the purpose. A GREAT IDEA I JUST HAD THO...

WHAT IF... you could put your name into a blind battle pool and get matched with another blind battler? BOTH of you have no clue who the other is until the battles over. This could be great for Rookie VS Vet series and is kind of like those KOTD secret battle cards. @X Kiwi Peewee RULE Rai

This is currently possible, in that you can post an open double blind battle and have no idea who’s going to respond. That being said, your point about being able to send double blind challenges is a very good point. But, i think most voters would be able to take it into account if someone tried to exploit the system. Definitely something to keep in mind though.

GOOD GRIEF
03-09-2020, 05:14 PM
This is currently possible, in that you can post an open double blind battle and have no idea who’s going to respond. That being said, your point about being able to send double blind challenges is a very good point. But, i think most voters would be able to take it into account if someone tried to exploit the system. Definitely something to keep in mind though.

Yeah you right. My dumbass forgot about opens

BUT as far as double battles go :

Idk... I think most voters don’t give a fuck about who’s disadvantaged. Lol the ONE time I sent a non blind battle, my opponent flipped half my verse and everyone lost their shit over it. There’s no etiquette to this shit so it gets to the point where non blind battles aren’t a smart option for senders.

So with this double Blind shit it’s the opposite. The receiver is at the biggest disadvantage. Why would I bother answering knowing dude has a whole verse tailored to me, meanwhile all I can do is answer back with general vague insults and threats? Lol I know personals shouldn’t be used as a crutch but LBs new age style heavily relies on them for freshness. Just saying

Barzooka
03-09-2020, 09:41 PM
Enjoy! :high:

Fuck yeah dude I've been peeping this shit and it looks dope. I can't wait to perform in the audio arena with this function.

RED JOHN
03-19-2020, 11:36 AM
Hmm
This is a good ideal but I don't think it's also good ideal in my part, what if personals and nameflips? It will just a regular battle with normal bars,personals is something that keeps the punchline more effective.... But I think a tourney should be created named double blind bro where both battlers Don't know who their opponent is.

Flako Boom
03-19-2020, 04:38 PM
double drop is cool..but if ya actually battling an opponent and call someone out blind drop or open is where its at...i feel there shouldn't be a double drop if you already clash with the person you know you are battling

The Ghost of Freak
03-31-2020, 11:21 PM
Its like the blind leading the blind...