PDA

View Full Version : Fake Personals

Punk
01-23-2020, 06:19 AM
First of all I'd like to say congrats to Edgeworth for advancing.

But you voters are retarded. What tf is a fake personal in a rap battle? I thought the objective was to insult and clown the opponent? People dont write insults for a reader to hop in and be like "um no that's not true. I know he wouldn't do that".

You got a mentor.. wow that's cute, even inVITES TO THE CREW; I told Seul "Show your "Worth" next thing ya know? Hes WRITING FOR YOU!

I clearly took heat for saying this. Guys like Saxxx commented "not a fan of the fake personals". Where is the fake personal??????? This is a battle and I'm dissing my opponent by claiming he has a ghost writer... Thats when you go "OHHH SHIT HE SAID YOU GOT A GHOST WRITERR!!!!.... Would you prefer me say I'd shoot him with my triple dog mag clip instead??

This shit gets annoying because ev every battle, someone is claiming how personal my verses can be... but I dont see it. Guys are taking away points like "dont know if the personals are true but I'm not a fan" a fan of insulting your opponent?

Seriously what is a fake personal in a rap battle? What type of punches actually count here??

Actually dissing your opponent nowadays is considered getting PERSONAL if you're not using either a gun bar explaining how you WOULD kill someone.

TKtheGREAT
01-23-2020, 06:23 AM
First of all I'd like to say congrats to Edgeworth for advancing.

But you voters are retarded. What tf is a fake personal in a rap battle? I thought the objective was to insult and clown the opponent? People dont write insults for a reader to hop in and be like "um no that's not true. I know he wouldn't do that".

You got a mentor.. wow that's cute, even inVITES TO THE CREW; I told Seul "Show your "Worth" next thing ya know? Hes WRITING FOR YOU!

I clearly took heat for saying this. Guys like Saxxx commented "not a fan of the fake personals". Where is the fake personal??????? This is a battle and I'm dissing my opponent by claiming he has a ghost writer... Thats when you go "OHHH SHIT HE SAID YOU GOT A GHOST WRITERR!!!!.... Would you prefer me say I'd shoot him with my triple dog mag clip instead??

This shit gets annoying because ev every battle, someone is claiming how personal my verses can be... but I dont see it. Guys are taking away points like "dont know if the personals are true but I'm not a fan" a fan of insulting your opponent?

Seriously what is a fake personal in a rap battle? What type of punches actually count here??

.....they call them "fake personals".....I call them "creative story telling"..

EtH
01-23-2020, 06:25 AM
Yeah that's not a fake personal. If theres a modicum of truth and then you embellish it, that's a personal.

Óðinn
01-23-2020, 06:26 AM
If your gun ain't so big, you ain't gon' make it. Simples.

I agree with you, man. The idea is to belittle your opponent. I mean, the vast majority of this website is no more than a bunch of 'mommy boy-bedroom dwelling nerds' who talk tough but in real life would shit bricks at the thought of even walking to the fucking shop. Yet... they talk all that gun talk and how they're moving lbs of weight and that's perfectly acceptable and believable but saying that one is to have a ghost writer, well, Punk... that's just a step too far for these Gangstas, Cuz!!!

Kiwi Peewee
01-23-2020, 06:30 AM
The vast majority of this website is no more than a bunch of 'mommy boy-bedroom dwelling nerds' who talk tough but in real life would shit bricks at the thought of even walking to the fucking shop.

Bro wdym I walked to the mall last week and my mum didn't even hold my hand when we crossed the street!

Óðinn
01-23-2020, 06:31 AM
Bro wdym I walked to the mall last week and my mum didn't even hold my hand when we crossed the street!

GANG GANG SHIT, BLOOD!!!

Kiwi Peewee
01-23-2020, 06:36 AM
GANG GANG SHIT, BLOOD!!!

I didn't choose the thug life, my parents chose it for me at my private school's careers evening when Macklemore gave them an inspirational speech

Óðinn
01-23-2020, 06:39 AM
I didn't choose the thug life, my parents chose it for me at my private school's careers evening when Macklemore gave them an inspirational speech

LMFAO... nearly choked to death on my cigar there, ya bollox.

Punk
01-23-2020, 06:52 AM
Honestly what's acceptable in a battle nowadays?? I can't talk about dead relatives, can't insult my opponent, I can't be too mean, i can't word my verses the way i want...

What's the minimum required? And what's doing too much?

Guts
01-23-2020, 07:16 AM
there's a fine line between a regular diss and a callout. this bordered between what's fair and isn't. if it's something absurd like "Killing you" or something like that, which obviously couldn't be true, it's a diss, if it's something there's been a rumor about, or it's something that could be likely then it's a callout.

with this, i know edge doesn't have a ghostwriter so i can read it like a diss, but for some people it will seem like you're calling him out, and you know something they don't.

EtH
01-23-2020, 07:31 AM
Its EXTREMELY rare that someone exposes their opponent in a battle. If youre trying to expose someone and its not true, sure, that backfires.

But suggesting that Edgeworths mentor writes his bars for him is in no way "exposing" Edge. Its taking the piss out of his mentorship with Seul, that's it.

The Saaxxx Baba
01-23-2020, 08:48 AM
for me personally, it was funny yes but not much from a punch point of view other than just a funny jab, since it's foundation was based on an imaginary fact which is much different from what gun bars or rounds bars or other conceptual flips are supposed coz they are based on imaginary acts and ideas which if creative and sensible enough is generally dope. it is a very thin line but an important one.

Punk
01-23-2020, 08:50 AM
for me personally, it was funny yes but not much from a punch point of view other than just a funny jab, since it's foundation was based on an imaginary fact which is much different from what gun bars or rounds bars or other conceptual flips are supposed coz they are based on imaginary acts and ideas which if creative and sensible enough is generally dope. it is a very thin line but an important one.

This makes no sense at all. A gun bar or rounds round bar holds more weight than me saying he has a ghost writer?

EtH
01-23-2020, 08:55 AM
This makes no sense at all. A gun bar or rounds round bar holds more weight than me saying he has a ghost writer?

I think the punch itself isn't my favourite concept in the world, but a comment ILLoKWENT had on a battle of mine always stuck with me; if you can clown and insult your opponent...its a punchline. It doesn't matter if its a statement or flip, as long as it lands, its a punch.

I like to think Ive refined that since then but if something is a "funny bar" I dont care it has wordplay, gunplay, nameplay blah blah, its a punchline.

Punk
01-23-2020, 08:59 AM
I think the punch itself isn't my favourite concept in the world, but a comment ILLoKWENT had on a battle of mine always stuck with me; if you can clown and insult your opponent...its a punchline. It doesn't matter if its a statement or flip, as long as it lands, its a punch.

I like to think Ive refined that since then but if something is a "funny bar" I dont care it has wordplay, gunplay, nameplay blah blah, its a punchline.

Me writing a "funny bar" or anything that's not me saying I'll shoot at someone ends up with the voting saying "punk, the personal angles aren't really my cup of tea and I'm not sure if it's TRUE or not"

Who gives a flying fuck just tell me if it's good or not. I'm trying to make my opponent explain themselves, not shake my hand in the comments before the first vote.

The Saaxxx Baba
01-23-2020, 08:59 AM

Ecavtly if it's funny asf and trolls the opponent it kinda slides but this bar did none of that.

Punk
01-23-2020, 09:05 AM
Ecavtly if it's funny asf and trolls the opponent it kinda slides but this bar did none of that.

"not to big a fan of fake personals even tho they are funny like the seul one does not work for me"

Yet you're saying it's funny in the comments but it's not funny in the forums because you're being called out as a bitch ass voter who dont like when people actually diss other people.

The Saaxxx Baba
01-23-2020, 09:17 AM
"not to big a fan of fake personals even tho they are funny like the seul one does not work for me"

Yet you're saying it's funny in the comments but it's not funny in the forums because you're being called out as a bitch ass voter who dont like when people actually diss other people.

either way you lost 100-0 dude lol so whatever floats ur boat man, Edgeworth paid me with a night with jay diamond to vote for him plus #fuckpunk anyways.

:high: