PDA

View Full Version : Text Nomination: Olde English

RULE
12-23-2019, 08:37 AM
Olde English, golden era Grand Champion.

Dont base this off of one verse you've read after a 8 year lay off.

1/

Rai
12-23-2019, 08:40 AM
Dude was a legend in his day. The better question is, is why doesnt he have it already.

EtH
12-23-2019, 09:00 AM
For some reason, and I don't know why, OE always falls from my memory a little in thinking back. He gave me my first big break in a crew and I remember feeling like it was a HUGE deal when my crew leader won a GC. He's undoubtedly one of the most respected guys all time. I remember not being a huge fan of his writing but that's not the biggest part of these nominations.

The Saaxxx Baba
12-23-2019, 09:23 AM
wasn't active here when he was but i have read his battles and he was definitely ahead of his time fo sho !!

Óðinn
12-23-2019, 09:33 AM
Yes. :high:

Locchart
12-23-2019, 09:53 AM
I'd say yes to him being in. His body of work back then was pretty impressive for the time.

Nicholas
12-23-2019, 10:02 AM
He already had a successful nomination? I guess it doesn't matter though.

RULE
12-23-2019, 10:14 AM
He already had a successful nomination? I guess it doesn't matter though.

I thought so to but cannot find it.

TradeMarked
12-23-2019, 11:33 PM
Olde E should have been nominated. Before all these other fools. Real Talk

Guts
12-24-2019, 02:23 PM
you guys to have to give a run down of what these old heads have done. haha. other wise it's hard to judge.

Locchart
12-24-2019, 04:14 PM
Olde E should have been nominated. Before all these other fools. Real Talk

Before who exactly? I'm curious as to who you'd put OE ahead of.

Not saying you're WRONG, but most of these other guys in the Hall before him are in the Hall before him for good reason (beside DeNiro B Milk, of course).

TradeMarked
12-24-2019, 04:22 PM
Before who exactly? I'm curious as to who you'd put OE ahead of.

Not saying you're WRONG, but most of these other guys in the Hall before him are in the Hall before him for good reason (beside DeNiro B Milk, of course).

Before anything, some of them shouldn't be in the hall. I was around for most of them and have in fact exposed a few for cheating. Olde E has never been found cheating for one. and he actually helped shape the original multie and punchline style on LB. So I'd say above 98% of the people in the Hall or LB period even myself.

Locchart
01-11-2020, 08:50 PM
RULE 12-1. Looks pretty official to me.

OLDE ENGLISH
06-30-2020, 03:42 AM
Yo, I appreciate this for real. It was a diff time back then, I joined in like 05 and I always feel like the site is the reason my punch game was always on point. I Owe pretty much everything I am as a rapper to this site. I've been in crews with pretty much every LB legend, Audio and Text and while I can't say I didn't notice imo a lack of Being mentioned back in the day, I never felt bitter because the truth is I was around some pretty remarkable people and rappers, and just to be able to share a platform with these people was an honour. And as a community the love was there, I got so much love for a lot of people here. A lot of these dudes are like family, even the people I've beefed with. It's amazing to just had a love for something and to have everyone participating because we share that love. And it's amazing to see people still doing their thing 15 years after I first touched down. Although I'm not active I still log in once in a while to check battles and see what's good. So for all you guys still doing your thing and just doing what was a part of what fundamentally shaped me, I salute you.

Love

Xanda
06-30-2020, 03:22 PM
Yo, I appreciate this for real. It was a diff time back then, I joined in like 05 and I always feel like the site is the reason my punch game was always on point. I Owe pretty much everything I am as a rapper to this site. I've been in crews with pretty much every LB legend, Audio and Text and while I can't say I didn't notice imo a lack of Being mentioned back in the day, I never felt bitter because the truth is I was around some pretty remarkable people and rappers, and just to be able to share a platform with these people was an honour. And as a community the love was there, I got so much love for a lot of people here. A lot of these dudes are like family, even the people I've beefed with. It's amazing to just had a love for something and to have everyone participating because we share that love. And it's amazing to see people still doing their thing 15 years after I first touched down. Although I'm not active I still log in once in a while to check battles and see what's good. So for all you guys still doing your thing and just doing what was a part of what fundamentally shaped me, I salute you.

Love

Whaddup OE
you got my vote. Too much history

Rowdy
09-14-2021, 01:50 PM
Another HOF thread incomplete

guts
09-14-2021, 01:55 PM
21-1 pretty clear HOF. give the guy his title.

Student
09-14-2021, 02:07 PM
Don't know how I missed this, OBVIOUS HoF here

Student
02-19-2022, 12:13 AM
With 22 Total Votes (21/1) OLDE ENGLISH is now Officially Confirmed to be Inducted into the Text Hall of Fame:
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102986