PDA

View Full Version : Crew Nomination: UTILITY SERVICE SQUAD

RULE
12-23-2019, 08:36 AM
Old School crew that involved: EtH, UNKNOWN ARTIST & Askari amongst others.

I'll let the older heads fill in the blanks and update as they do.

1/

EtH
12-23-2019, 08:58 AM
I thought I found a thread that confirmed USS was HOF? Won't be able to find it again haha so fuck it.

But yeah, anyone around in 2008 should be able to answer this one. UA, Askari, RTK, Student, Nawkout, Rain Matrix, Multiple Madness, PurFekShun, Fame, the list goes on.

A lot of the current old heads came up through the crew and it's abl big part of why me and Student and others remained on LB so long. I took the entire structure of USS making AC, using shit UA and Askari taught me to get the ACs focused on improving, so the legacy is well documented.

Locchart
12-23-2019, 09:55 AM
It was essentially AC's before AC's was AC's. Answer is yes.

Nicholas
12-23-2019, 10:01 AM
It was essentially AC's before AC's was AC's. Answer is yes.

That's insulting. USS was much, much better than AC's.

Locchart
12-23-2019, 10:05 AM
That's insulting. USS was much, much better than AC's.

^THAT's insulting. AC's is a Top-5 Crew all-time at its peak power, and you know that. USS would probably be Top-10 based solely upon the people in the crew, but AC's definitely accomplished more as a crew than USS did.

Anyway, my point still stands. USS for HoF.

Nicholas
12-23-2019, 10:39 AM
^THAT's insulting. AC's is a Top-5 Crew all-time at its peak power, and you know that. USS would probably be Top-10 based solely upon the people in the crew, but AC's definitely accomplished more as a crew than USS did.

Anyway, my point still stands. USS for HoF.

Dude, you weren't even around what the fuck are you talking about. You have no idea.

"Accomplished more" as in what? Illmania? That didn't exist at the time. Are you going to downplay UA too because he didn't win a concept tournament?

RULE
12-23-2019, 10:41 AM
Lets keep this thread USS related lol

take ya squabbles elsewhere

Locchart
12-23-2019, 10:51 AM
Dude, you weren't even around what the fuck are you talking about. You have no idea.

"Accomplished more" as in what? Illmania? That didn't exist at the time. Are you going to downplay UA too because he didn't win a concept tournament?

You're literally talking about USS being MUCH better than AC's, which I find to be completely ludicrous.

We're not even talking ILLMANIA here. AC's was undefeated in each crew battle it took place in (ask EtH, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to tell you about it). I can't even begin to tell you who USS even had any kind of crew beef with, so by all means enlighten me.

Outside of UA & Askari, AC's was a more stacked roster than USS based on what you and EtH both have told me. AC's had M-Rock, ILLo, Manhattan, and Bleu in it at the height of it's power, and that's only the beginning of how much depth AC's actually had. Who tf is PurFekShun? Anyone I should remember? I doubt it.

I'm not even debating that USS is HoF or not, which is the hilarious part, I'm just stating my opinion that AC's top-to-bottom is the better crew than USS based on what I've seen or heard. You don't have to like my opinion.

Guts
12-23-2019, 11:07 AM
i feel like i can't vote. i was around then but don't remember them at all lol. but i did only fuck with audio heads back then, and this crew seems to be text only.

so yea, the talent seems there, but i'd need a break down of what they accomplished as a crew.

EtH
12-23-2019, 12:03 PM
I think ACs had has achieved more in that it has produced three hall of famers, tonnes of titles won by the guys etc. But then again USS main run was one year, ACs was nearly 4. USS also dominated in a time with stiffer competition, where as ACs had the same rivals for almost it's run.

No one from ACs took over LB like UA did, but both crews imo earned HOF.

Nicholas
12-23-2019, 04:01 PM
AC's definitely accomplished more as a crew than USS did.

I can't even begin to tell you who USS even had any kind of crew beef with.

Figured. Listen to your daddy.

Locchart
12-23-2019, 04:25 PM
Figured. Listen to your daddy.

Stop projecting your weird fantasies of EtH on to me. It's creepy.

EtH
12-23-2019, 09:25 PM
USS clashed with the original iteration of Back Hand Clique. That had some great battlers, a lot of whom haven't really lasted in history, but Top Notch was the figure head who is one of the greatest of all time. It was one of those rivalries that completely consumed the forums, and in my memory there's only two crew fueds that ever done that and that was USS Vs SMACK and ACs Vs MM.

Eventually an official crew battle went down and USS won. Was a huge victory and solidified USS as the number one crew on the site. Remember at this time UA was beating everyone left right and centre in the open forums. Something people forget is just how important open battling used to be and he was out there winning Vs everyone. Like imagine a battler's record being "Rai, Lockhart, Rican, RULE, REZN, EtH, Sabu, Celsius", that's the sort of back to back wins UA was putting together when he was in USS.

Specific title wins weren't recorded the same way back then so I couldn't tell you, but I can say that in 13 years on LB, other than ACs I've never experienced a crew that had the same levels of comradery and activity.

EtH
04-06-2020, 07:09 PM
Love that Gutz kicked this thread off with "I can't really vote" but dropped the only no. This dudes such a laugh.

The Saaxxx Baba
04-07-2020, 02:19 AM
Remember at this time UA was beating everyone left right and centre in the open forums. Something people forget is just how important open battling used to be and he was out there winning Vs everyone. Like imagine a battler's record being "Rai, Lockhart, Rican, RULE, REZN, EtH, Sabu, Celsius", that's the sort of back to back wins UA was putting together when he was in USS.

^^Dafuq :eek:

Student
04-07-2020, 11:13 PM
Hell yeahhhhh

Student
02-18-2022, 12:25 AM
With 10 Votes Total (9/1) Utility Service Squad (USS) is officially confirmed to be Inducted into the Crew HOF:
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102988