PDA

View Full Version : 2Pac or Notorious BIG?

Seul
11-15-2019, 02:01 AM
The classic, most debated artists of hip-hop. I've had this debate with many people in real life, but as fellow rappers, I was wondering, what do y'all think?

Who was better, 2Pac or the Notorious BIG?

If you're responding, try to drop a reason, if you can't, all good - I know man's are busy.

In my humble opinion, I think Pac was better, he was more passionate, better vocals... The argument most people go with, is that Biggies lyrics were better, which I can agree with, but Pac's lyrics were good enough that Biggie didn't blow him out the water, that's my honest opinion.

like yo... Made N*ggaz is easily in my top 5 songs of all time, his final verse is just insane, some motherfuckers haven't even heard that song.... link to the music video below, I believe this is the last music video he made. (I could be wrong, if I am, correct me).

2Pac - Made Niggaz (360° Version) [HD] - YouTube

I'm boosting Pac like crazy, so I'll leave y'all with this, Biggie's "Everyday Struggle" is in my top 5 all time greatest songs list, too.

PS. Letter To My Unborn Child is the most underrated 2Pac song, straight. Fuck man, thinking about it - there's just a fucking endless list of bangers. I could go on all day.

Kompz
11-15-2019, 02:25 AM
Hard to say who was better because they both had their strengths. I feel its unfair to compare them musically cuz Pac has a way bigger catalogue but at the same time that's what makes BIG so great, 2 albums and he's already in the goat debate. The whole Pac not being lyrical shit is played out, he wasn't lyrical cuz he didn't have to be. His quotes hold way more weight than most lyrical artists of his time, if he truly wanted to be a pure lyricist he could of, but I don't think he'd be as revered as he is today. To me as an overall artist Pac was better, way ahead of his time and his music/message is still relevant today, not to say BIGs music isn't but Pacs shit just hits differrent, shit u can even hear Pacs west coast influence in BIGs music

RULE
11-15-2019, 02:47 AM
2Pac easily for me.

Dont get me wrong Biggie was dopeeeeee and Life After Death might actually be a better album than any of Pac's but 2Pac's delivery and passion on the mic was GOAT level.

Could list to Pac all day literally.

Rican
11-15-2019, 06:04 AM
Pac was better. He was a poet.

Óðinn
11-15-2019, 07:14 AM
2PAC > anyone else.

(yes there are better writers out there bla bla bla)

Fact is, Pac actually gave a fuck about people, he stood for something. He wanted to help and change the way things where. He gave a fuck. Plus, he never said 'you look so good i'd suck ya daddys dick' - Biggie.

The man didn't rap, he preached... you felt his shit. That's why pac is and always will be the greatest.

Brenda... for example. At that time period most songs made then where about partying and fucking hoes/ bitches etc... he was talking about some real life shit that was going on. :high:

Barzooka
11-15-2019, 07:44 AM
This will probably sound ironic me being from New York which is BIG territory but I'll have to go with 2Pac.

Seul
11-15-2019, 07:27 PM
Surprised with everyone saying 2Pac, everyone IRL always says Biggie. I fucks with it though and agree with most points here.

Fun Fact: Diddy got them both killed, he put a $10K bounty on the death row chains... and one of the South Side Crips (Orlando Andersons Clique) actually got one, which led to that fight in the MGM, which ultimately led to 2Pac's death. Also, in James Prince's book called "The Art & Science Of Respect" (crazy book, I recommended reading it) he stated that Puffy visited him at his ranch in Houston or whatever, and told him that he and Biggie were going to LA, James Prince said in his book he told him not to go, because it was too dangerous, and Puffy didn't listen, they went to LA and ultimately, Biggie got killed.

Moral of the damn story is, I don't know how anyone can respect Diddy, yo. Even my uncle called him a bitch when I was a kid, and never let us buy Sean John clothing (it was poppin' at the time), and i'm glad he stopped us lmfao.

Punk
11-15-2019, 07:30 PM
PAC hands down. I’ve listened to so much biggie I mean he’s nice but emotionally, his shit just don’t hit like Pac’s.

Phil Banks
11-15-2019, 08:51 PM
Hmmm I feel like Biggie's shit has aged a whole lot better than Pac's. Everyday Struggle is probably top 5 songs of mine. Suicidal Thoughts is what it is still fucks with me. I feel his body of work while like 10x smaller is just so clean and well put together and obviously his profound impact on Jay means he kinda lived on through some of Jay's stuff.

I still love Pac's music and ten years ago probably would have had a different opinion, but I feel Biggie was just a better rapper in pretty much every way. Real shame he didn't spend as much time writing because you can't really get lost in his catalog like you can with Pac and just spend a day with it exclusively.

Kick in the Door best diss track of all time.

Punk
11-15-2019, 08:54 PM
Yo you niggas buggin

EtH
11-15-2019, 09:43 PM
I dunno if I'd rate Kick In The Door in top 50 best diss tracks all time, and certainly not considering this is a thread about 2pac and Biggie and #1 is unquestionably Hit Em Up.

DiZzReSpEkT
11-15-2019, 09:56 PM
I’d say PAC has more soul and heart in his music, and it’s a lot more aggressive too, you’d listen to that shit while working out.

Biggie’s flow mixed with his really vibe beats and soothing voice make him more of a smoke joints n chill rapper.

IIAM
11-15-2019, 11:14 PM
That muffuga said “and Jay Z bit all his shit so technically he has double the albums, and is fucking Bey.” Lmfaoo

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

This will probably sound ironic me being from New York which is BIG territory but I'll have to go with 2Pac.

I like irony
Here’s some more.
PAC is from New York,
Matter fax his old name
was MC New York.

Student
11-15-2019, 11:48 PM
2Packs cause he had better songs overall but I feel like Biggie had a better flow, his content just wasn't quite up to par.

Mr-Felon
11-16-2019, 12:14 PM
I remember back playing pool at a predominantly white Pool hall and the juke box was full of mostly Country and Rock.But they had Life after Death by Biggie and they Had All Eyes On me.Both double albums.To me Tupac is better he has more memorable songs.Dear Mama,California Love,Hit em Up,Hail Mary,Me against the world,kEEP YA hEAD UP, just to name a few.And he was also able to go hard In "Heartz of men,Thug Love ft Bone,We aint hard to Find with E 40 Richie Rich.2pac ate and slept music.Biggie on the otherhand if you weren't an actual fan of rap what songs did he have that random people on the streets would know?Besides Juicy?I as a fan of his like songs like You're Nobody until Somebody kills you,Everyday Struggle,Suicidal Thoughts,Player Hater,Long Kiss,My Downfall etc.I think they are both Legends tho.It was always so cool to me that, that all white pool hall with all white music had both those albums in the Jukebox.Shows how big They both were back in the 90s.

Fidel Z
11-16-2019, 01:22 PM
PAC 100%

IIAM
11-17-2019, 06:58 AM
I don’t know what y’all think
But imo Biggie takes this one.

https://youtu.be/DdQcJ3I3PYw

https://youtu.be/pPtdPYBMAOo

Punk
11-17-2019, 08:45 AM
Pac’s flow was better than bigs as well lol. Wtf

RULE
11-17-2019, 09:31 AM
2pac - Holla At Me [HQ] - YouTube

Pac flow >>>>>>>>

Punk
11-17-2019, 09:37 AM
https://youtu.be/MCT3AqOW05g

Pac flow >>>>>>

RULE
11-17-2019, 09:45 AM
2Pac - Starin' Through My Rear View - YouTube

Can do this all day

Punk
11-17-2019, 09:49 AM
https://youtu.be/9G6ro-c0C5E

I’m sure you can. It’s not easy to have meaningful lyrics STRONG asf and make that shit flow like fiji water at the same time. That alone ups the points which I think biggie had a nice flow but was filler happy then a mf.

Bape
11-17-2019, 10:03 AM
I prefer biggie but I'd say Pac was better technically

Punk
11-17-2019, 10:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVv67bDWPL57Z55j3chePVkKBcuRzDOIm

Anyone saying Biggie, go listen to this greatest hits album and come back here with some damn sense..

Denton
11-17-2019, 04:46 PM
Neither, Rakim

Punk
11-17-2019, 04:46 PM
Neither, Rakim

You gotta go.

Denton
11-17-2019, 04:47 PM
lmaoooo

OGxCERBERUZ
11-17-2019, 05:16 PM
I fuck with 2 pac a little more imo. 2 pac was just born for the mic.

nine7eight
11-17-2019, 06:05 PM
I got pac all day on this
No hate to biggy, obv big was better lyricist. But died way before his time. Pac put out like 6 CDs after he died... N big got like 3 CDs total.. both did their thing tho, had bigs career survived longer my answer may have been different
Fv

Punk
11-17-2019, 06:07 PM
Biggie was far from the better lyricists. T_T

Denton
11-17-2019, 08:49 PM
I wonder if Trump listens to Notorious B.I.G.L.Y

Supsie
11-18-2019, 08:20 AM
Lil Sick ft. Justin Ryan - FB Famous AF (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Punk
11-18-2019, 08:37 AM
Lil Sick ft. Justin Ryan - FB Famous AF (Official Music Video) - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECAZoDwi1Eg)

Wow this is bad haha!!

Supsie
11-19-2019, 02:08 AM
Wow this is bad haha!!

lmao