PDA

View Full Version : Two Requests For X

EtH
10-26-2019, 08:43 AM
1. Remove advanced ratings from voting - It was a good idea but no one's cared about them from the beginning. Their only purpose on LB now is to make voting a little bit more annoying.

2. Remove the unranked section - Like exclusive, it has never really been used. No point in it. There's plenty of battles that need voting on but we could do something with them to get them closed.

RULE
10-26-2019, 09:16 AM
Agree with point 1 completely.

I think the unranked arena could still be useful for new members tho. I used it when i started out.

EtH
10-26-2019, 09:19 AM
Agree with point 1 completely.

I think the unranked arena could still be useful for new members tho. I used it when i started out.

Useful for what though? Getting zero votes in over 6 months and getting sniped by whoever Hell Razah or whatever is?

The idea is sound but it's been used by like 1/1000 members ever on the site.

RULE
10-26-2019, 09:30 AM
Useful for what though? Getting zero votes in over 6 months and getting sniped by whoever Hell Razah or whatever is?

The idea is sound but it's been used by like 1/1000 members ever on the site.

Battles dont go on your battle record. Thats the positive of the section for new guys.

Unless we can add a "promo" battle option to the regular arena but GOD would that be shit.

EtH
10-26-2019, 09:34 AM
Battles dont go on your battle record. Thats the positive of the section for new guys.

Unless we can add a "promo" battle option to the regular arena but GOD would that be shit.

None of the new guys use it though. I get what you're saying that the concept itself is good, but if no one's using it and no one's voting on the battles what's the point? It just dilutes the places for battles to happen.

RULE
10-26-2019, 09:38 AM
hmm actually the more i think about, i think your right.

We're probably losing new members who sign up, battle in the unranked and get bored with the lack of voting.

Close 'er down X

Óðinn
10-26-2019, 09:58 AM
Agreed :high:

Punk
10-26-2019, 10:06 AM
Co-sign

X
10-26-2019, 10:25 AM
If we remove advanced ratings should we also remove them from profiles? I agree they make voting more difficult.

Punk
10-26-2019, 10:38 AM
Yes please remove them. Lol

EtH
10-26-2019, 11:06 AM
If we remove advanced ratings should we also remove them from profiles? I agree they make voting more difficult.

Yeah if I'm right they've never really worked as intended. About 1 month after they were introduced I've probably just gave them the same rating in everything as I do the overall rating.

On profiles I don't think anyone's like "Ah JohnnyNewGuy is rating 10 in multis so he must be better than Jimmy Hoffa who's rated 8.25" or something you know?

Óðinn
10-26-2019, 11:19 AM
Personally, i actually disliked them being on profiles from the jump lol

EtH
10-26-2019, 11:28 AM
I like the idea but it's hard to quantify and it just didn't pan out.

X
10-26-2019, 11:39 AM
Removing advanced text ratings seems reasonable

Removing the unranked arena, I want people who are new to the site to have an opportunity to just try out the battle system without the pressure of being ranked in seasons. It doesn't hurt anyone if battles are in there IMO

EtH
10-26-2019, 11:55 AM
Removing advanced text ratings seems reasonable

Removing the unranked arena, I want people who are new to the site to have an opportunity to just try out the battle system without the pressure of being ranked in seasons. It doesn't hurt anyone if battles are in there IMO

For sure and I think the idea is really good for the reasons you and RULE said. I just think that it isn't actually used at all.

In the most recent battle, Lefa Maloka dropped his verse on September 25th. Andre Cole responded on October 21st. Outside of a ranked battle Lefa dropped the next day, he hasn't battled since and why would he? It took a month to get an opponent.

Or if we take Kazta D Vs Scip. This battle happened in JULY and it still isn't closed. It looks like Kazta had a few ranked battles around it but imagine this was their only battle? I sure as fuck wouldn't be coming back to a site if I can't get a battle closed in over 3 months you know?

It it was actually used, I'd be all for it. But no one is using it and I feel like anyone who drops a verse there as a newbie is immediately excluded from the rest of the site and what actually makes us enjoy it; interaction, opponents and voting.

RULE
10-26-2019, 04:17 PM
Yeah i think the unranked arena loses us more new members than it helps.

X
10-26-2019, 04:40 PM
Changes made to starting text battles / profiles:

- removed advanced text ratings option
- fixed formatting mobile
- fixed the closed battle username search

I'll think about the Unranked arena, I'm still not sure about it, if I look at the numbers the impact is really small.

Barzooka
10-26-2019, 06:14 PM
I disagree with request #1. The true point is so that emcees can focus on that one category of skill so they can improve on it. Let's say, an emcee selected "Metaphors" as an advanced rating, then obviously he/she would be doing so for the sake of becoming better in that specific category. Also, if people feel too overwhelmed/lazy to vote on those kinds of battles, well, no one is forcing them to do so.

I concur with request #2 somewhat. Exclusive is absolutely pointless as the original point behind it was to test emcees if they were tournament worthy but clearly we're not doing that and haven't been doing that for the year-and-a-half I've been here at least. As far as unranked goes I feel like it's a good way to test out one's skill; prep an emcee to get ready for the real deal.

The Saaxxx Baba
10-29-2019, 04:52 AM

yes just have one emcee rating based on the average ratings him/her has received through votes till date

Erupt da Monsta
10-29-2019, 05:40 AM
@X , since you changed the track layout on profiles they aren’t playing for some reason. I’m on mobile haven’t tried on a computer.

Supsie
10-31-2019, 04:11 PM
How bout Letsbeef also makes it so we can change our own usernames?

REZN
10-31-2019, 06:05 PM
How bout Letsbeef also makes it so we can change our own usernames?

You already can change your own username.

Supsie
10-31-2019, 09:56 PM
You already can change your own username.

Ahh so u can, just found it out after a look around..

Punk
10-31-2019, 10:00 PM
Ahh so u can, just found it out after a look around..

Bruh that’s like a 2006 feature.. That came with the site

Supsie
10-31-2019, 10:12 PM
Bruh that’s like a 2006 feature.. That came with the site

daam.. mods never mentioned it b foo

Barzooka
11-01-2019, 02:04 AM
No sometimes it won't let you change your username for some stupid reason. I just checked my settings and can't see shit anywhere on the left panel (which is where it should be)