PDA

View Full Version : Battles will always have low votes

Punk
10-23-2019, 08:46 AM
Because you bitches block everyone from your battles which ruins everything for your opponents as well. I am referring to Rican. I don’t think I’ve ever voted on a Rican battle and this goof has me blocked so I can’t vote on the LBT matchup. Not sure who else has me blocked but if you do, go fuck yaself.

That’s all

Óðinn
10-23-2019, 09:15 AM
*Runs to unblock Punk*... wait... we're in the same... never mind :high:

Sens
10-23-2019, 01:12 PM
Never got the blocking thing outside of extreme circumstances and even then it's ehhh. You've got to have a pretty deep history of either being all out clueless or a petty cheating asshat for me to go down that road. Not just with me but with others too.

Problem is, most are too quick to pull the trigger rather than look at it with a measured mind set and say meh maybe my shit does stink after all and he aint got a vendetta against me.

That's why I always dropped caveats (Though I Shouldn't have too ) like "No Offence" or "Not being a dick but .... " before I'd get into actual criticism. People cant take it or take it the wrong way. I'm starting to vere and ramble but it's such a restricted frame of mind in a hobby thats essentialy about creative free thinking and being open to others input.. Thats why we post, right...

Aggo
10-23-2019, 01:34 PM
The only person I ever blocked was guts cuz he vited against me multiple times for "being mean" . Then i realized i couldnt read his forum posts and had no context everytime he got clowned so I had to unblock him. Priorities.

Denton
10-23-2019, 05:21 PM
The only person I ever blocked was guts cuz he vited against me multiple times for "being mean" . Then i realized i couldnt read his forum posts and had no context everytime he got clowned so I had to unblock him. Priorities.

L O L

Barzooka
10-23-2019, 05:23 PM
The battles will always have low votes because people don't like to vote for shit in general. Also, site activity is a thing.

Saii
10-23-2019, 09:09 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure why there's such a dip in voting all of a sudden. I've been here years and we've had many issues, from lack of forum activity to lackluster mods, and from battling activity to tournament participation. But even when activity was on the fences, voting wasn't an issue as bad as it is now.

Barzooka
10-23-2019, 09:39 PM
Actually? Voting has gone to shit because we're not forced to vote anymore. We can now make credits just by submitting battles. This was to generate more battles, obviously, but now people no longer feel the need to vote as they can obtain credits otherwise. If we bring back the original means of achieving credits then guarantee we can get the votes rolling again.

Saii
10-23-2019, 09:59 PM
Actually? Voting has gone to shit because we're not forced to vote anymore. We can now make credits just by submitting battles. This was to generate more battles, obviously, but now people no longer feel the need to vote as they can obtain credits otherwise. If we bring back the original means of achieving credits then guarantee we can get the votes rolling again.

Valid point here, sir.

EtH
10-24-2019, 02:37 AM
Voting wasn't better before that though. Honestly I think a big factor is that every single battle, at least in the open fields, absolutely sucks. I got better voting on my two than Id get in 2007 just because there were fuck all competition for voting.

X
10-24-2019, 08:41 AM
RULE 2FUEL Rai let's re-evaluate the credits system

Óðinn
10-24-2019, 09:49 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure why there's such a dip in voting all of a sudden. I've been here years and we've had many issues, from lack of forum activity to lackluster mods, and from battling activity to tournament participation. But even when activity was on the fences, voting wasn't an issue as bad as it is now.

Well the members of the FVC should be voting on the majority of battles and not only waiting for a link to be posted in their forum thread. :high:

Óðinn
10-24-2019, 09:52 AM
RULE 2FUEL Rai let's re-evaluate the credits system

Yes. I think bring it back to the way it was, at least for now till we find/come up with a better option... for now, make fuckers, sorry, members vote before battling.

EtH
10-24-2019, 10:15 AM
Weekly credits wipe. I said it.

Óðinn
10-24-2019, 10:26 AM
Weekly credits wipe. I said it.

Fuck off... i been collecting credits... got 2232 as we speak. :high:

Saii
10-24-2019, 11:25 AM
Well the members of the FVC should be voting on the majority of battles and not only waiting for a link to be posted in their forum thread. :high:

This is facts. Wonder who you're talking about specifically lol

Óðinn
10-24-2019, 11:33 AM
This is facts. Wonder who you're talking about specifically lol

all of you... :D

EtH
10-24-2019, 12:18 PM
Fuck off... i been collecting credits... got 2232 as we speak. :high:

Collecting for what? Literally their only purpose is to battle. If you have 2232 credits, based on the old system you can battle 744 times without voting. How is that good for LB?

Saii
10-24-2019, 12:27 PM
all of you... :D

I'm not in the Fair Voter's Club bro. I thought they started over lol but still, I drop votes as much as I can.

Nicholas
10-24-2019, 12:40 PM
It's nothing to do with credits. It's just a case of activity on the site. Look at the stats for most voted battles - these are posted somewhere? I can't be bothered to find them now. It is basically a downward curve from 2006 - now, as site visitors drop so does voting activity it's not a mystery.

If you want more votes on battles then you need more site visitors so you need to do more advertising and improve the site so people want to visit and stay.

However, as someone that's been around since '06 having a tonne of activity isn't without it's own problems. Sure, there were battles with over 100 votes back then but the vote quality was much much poorer. There was a lack of expos and very clear cheating by swapping votes with people.

That said, worry about that when we (if) we get there eh?

EtH
10-24-2019, 12:48 PM
I mean if everyone bitching about votes in this thread as voting it wouldn't even be an issue.

Locchart
10-24-2019, 12:51 PM
There really is no point to stockpiling credits at this time. A monthly (or even weekly) credit wipe would do much more for activity than what the current system would ever do, imo.

Punk
10-24-2019, 01:00 PM
Fair voters club is a waste of time imo.

Just a system that convinces the site including FVC members that they’re the most fair people to go to. Other than that there’s legit no benefits from it.

Here’s an example of what I mean though even though this isn’t battle related

God The Rep a fair voters club member (mind you I like the guy so this isn’t personal), rated this a 10 and said it was super hot fire
Lets Beef Track: cosmetic belt - By: mister jon flako

I think FVC opinions would apply with tracks as well and this song’s a solid 4.

EtH
10-24-2019, 01:07 PM
Have mods do different jobs. Have one in charge of tournaments, have one in charge of general requests, have one in charge of voting.

When I ran shit I always found guilt tripping people to vote in IMs worked brilliantly if you werent involved in the battle. Have a mod who's job is to get battles closed on time with sufficient votes.

Rai
10-24-2019, 06:05 PM
I'm not in the Fair Voter's Club bro. I thought they started over lol but still, I drop votes as much as I can.

You are in FVC, if you cant make the 30 vote minimum, you may not be much longer.

Punk
10-24-2019, 06:32 PM
You are in FVC, if you cant make the 30 vote minimum, you may not be much longer.

Lol damn yo.

Seul
10-24-2019, 06:50 PM
Interesting,

I think a bi-weekly credit wipe (weekly might be too short, and monthly too long) & moving back to the old system would suffice in getting people to vote. We actually had a big up-tick of voting last year, some battles were getting 20+ (which is awesome for this point of time). That was due to site activity though, it picked up for a while then dropped off again, also FVC was re-opened last year & people like myself, Alzie, Jimmy Hoffa & Sabu were all hitting much higher than our quota of 30 votes per month.

Student was running some forum voting competitions too.

Óðinn
10-24-2019, 06:54 PM
Collecting for what? Literally their only purpose is to battle. If you have 2232 credits, based on the old system you can battle 744 times without voting. How is that good for LB?

Lol.. the credits where based on the votes I done. Obviously it was a joke about collecting credits. When I was in the FVC, I voted on every battle out. The hardest part was voting on battles where both participants where/are wack as fuck... that’s a nightmare situation lol

EtH
10-24-2019, 06:56 PM

What shambles did you guys do with Fvc? Rule gave me a list and I'm pretty sure Bone Daddy, Saiyan and GTR weren't on it. Bone Daddy and Saiyan didn't even know they were part of it. How hard is it to drop people a pm?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

The hardest part was voting on battles where both participants where/are wack as fuck... that’s a nightmare situation lol

Every single battle then.

Óðinn
10-24-2019, 06:57 PM

Lol... :monkey:

Óðinn
10-24-2019, 06:58 PM
Every single battle then.

But.. you weren’t a part of every single battle...:confused: ?

EtH
10-24-2019, 07:03 PM
But.. you weren’t a part of every single battle...:confused: ?

Mayneak hasn't been on LB in 10 years and you're still in his shadow. Focus on your own shit.

Óðinn
10-24-2019, 07:05 PM
Mayneak hasn't been on LB in 10 years and you're still in his shadow. Focus on your own shit.

Lmao at the extremely over played concept there.

Anyway, all this talk of voting... has anyone in the thread bothered to vote? There’s two LBA tourney battles open for votes :high:

EtH
10-25-2019, 02:35 AM
Lmao at the extremely over played concept there.

Anyway, all this talk of voting... has anyone in the thread bothered to vote? There’s two LBA tourney battles open for votes :high:

Oh theres two audio battles that'll probably feature mediocre rappers with zero reaction? Sign me up.

Bitch Ive been sweeping text more than anyone.