PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Double Blind Drops

X
10-05-2019, 07:29 PM
What do y'all think of the idea of Double Blind Drops... For open battles only, if you make them double blind, your verse AND identity would be hidden until someone joins.

Punk
10-05-2019, 07:31 PM
That as an option would be pretty dope.

We’d get hella creative with new tournaments tbh

TKtheGREAT
10-05-2019, 07:32 PM
That's sounds cool yo

Denton
10-05-2019, 08:12 PM
sounds good

Brayne Ded
10-06-2019, 12:14 AM
I can get behind this.

Rican
10-06-2019, 12:59 AM
This is in the tourney would be cool.

Barzooka
10-06-2019, 01:22 AM
I've heard of this idea before. Would like to see it in action.

Noir
10-06-2019, 02:56 PM
I think doing this in tourneys would be really interesting.

Locchart
10-06-2019, 03:03 PM
That would be best in the tourneys for sure.

RULE
10-06-2019, 03:13 PM
GREAT idea.

The Saaxxx Baba
10-06-2019, 05:07 PM
i did say the names of the battlers should also remain hidden until the voting is over.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

but not in tourneys though, coz that would take out the possibility of using personals totally.

Punk
10-06-2019, 05:08 PM
i did say the names of the battlers should also remain hidden until the voting is over.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

but not in tourneys though, coz that would take out the possibility of using personals totally.

Which means you’d have to rely on your bars more. Nothing wrong with that.

EtH
10-06-2019, 05:12 PM
Which means you’d have to rely on your bars more. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah I like the bars about guns and irrelevant pop culture references.

Writing a personal IS focusing on the bars, the important part which is to hurt your opponent.

Punk
10-06-2019, 05:14 PM
The thing is if you wanna do personals, just do a regular battle.

This is an add-on feature. Not an overhaul.

The Saaxxx Baba
10-06-2019, 05:43 PM
battles without personals is like trying to win wars without killing bro even you're own verse against sean was that damn coz of the personals.

Punk
10-06-2019, 05:50 PM
battles without personals is like trying to win wars without killing bro even you're own verse against sean was that damn coz of the personals.

Example:

“People "watch, he aint real" son u HELLA GAY HOMIE so when im peelin-that-nine you'll have to "deal with bad-times" w/out SELLING FAKE ROLLIES!!/” - RULE

Not a personal but a dope bar to me.

If you cannot come up with a bar without using a personal, somethings wrong.

EtH
10-06-2019, 05:59 PM
The thing is if you wanna do personals, just do a regular battle.

This is an add-on feature. Not an overhaul.

I agree, I was just replying to you.

I also agree that "something's wrong", hence why I only use personals haha

Papi
10-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Let's try it on our next tourney?

Punk
10-06-2019, 09:38 PM
Rican you gotta chill posting with all these multi accounts lol I honestly don’t understand the joy.

X
10-06-2019, 10:18 PM
For tourneys it would only work for the first round, but I could see that being interesting.

I think the benefit for open battles is for placement matches in seasonals to be truly random, and to reduce sniping.

Barzooka
10-06-2019, 10:47 PM
For tourneys it would only work for the first round, but I could see that being interesting.

I think the benefit for open battles is for placement matches in seasonals to be truly random, and to reduce sniping.

Actually a simple solution to that would be to randomize who battles who next in the second round instead of just having a fixed roster. I'm not sure how difficult that would be to implement but that's a sure idea right there, that is, until the final round.

Supsie
10-07-2019, 01:10 AM
Cool what about double battles like two VS two tho, an yea get it on ya record.

The Saaxxx Baba
10-07-2019, 02:16 AM
Example:

“People "watch, he aint real" son u HELLA GAY HOMIE so when im peelin-that-nine you'll have to "deal with bad-times" w/out SELLING FAKE ROLLIES!!/” - RULE

the real question isn't about what you or me can come up with coz
whats really wrong is restricting an art form to only one dimension. there is absolutely no issues with plain conceptual bars but is that the only characteristic of a good verse?to me this random shit will not work esp in a tourney. and is gonna lead to only pre written shit randomly posted here soon. open battles yes but definitely not tourneys.

Óðinn
10-07-2019, 08:49 AM

Issue with this is, some scrub will write little to nothing in the box and someone else will accept/get matched up with them and have actually put time and effort into writing bars... I foresee more complaints and issues due to certain aspects of it. If it’s as an additional option and not fixed/permanent then it could be a good way to go.

EtH
10-07-2019, 09:03 AM
Issue with this is, some scrub will write little to nothing in the box and someone else will accept/get matched up with them and have actually put time and effort into writing bars... I foresee more complaints and issues due to certain aspects of it. If it’s as an additional option and not fixed/permanent then it could be a good way to go.

That's true. You go hard and turns out the guy wrote 1 line.

It's a good idea but needs some tweaking. Would like to see an extension to make anonymous battles possible but this seems like a deterrent to open battling.

NOBLE
10-07-2019, 09:10 AM
It will take away personals and nameplay and we'd see more generic bars.

Punk
10-07-2019, 09:25 AM
It will take away personals and nameplay and we'd see more generic bars.

“Generic bars” no you’re just a generic ass battler and always have been.

If you haven’t noticed, it’s just an ADD ON. Fuckboy meaning you have the option to do it this way. Not “oh it’s going to remove other formats” no. Read the thread again stupid ass.

There would be 3 different type of battles to choose from.

Non-blind battles - option to flip opponents verse + personals + nameflips, etc
Blind Battles - personals + nameflips, etc
Double Blind battles - completely unaware who you’re facing.

How tf can we update a site if we can’t even add on extension features as extras?

Everyone has this idea that it’ll replace our old style. People will barely use double blinds if anything. But this retard noble talking about it’ll take away personals and namefliOBVIOUSLY!!!!

Óðinn
10-07-2019, 09:26 AM
I’d say to implement it and see how it runs, do so in a tournament. Have it blind all the way till the final. If at the very least it would be interesting.

X
11-12-2019, 07:59 AM
Bump.. who wants to try this

Punk
11-12-2019, 08:14 AM
Yes. It’s an add on feature so it wouldn’t hurt the site AT ALL.

RULE
11-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Example:

Sick bar #PLK

This would be like the KOTD Blackout gimmick.

Sounds dope.

Guts
11-12-2019, 06:07 PM
i think the idea of losing personals doesn't apply here, because, in the event of posting and responding to a battle, only one person is going to be using personals and name flips, leaving them at a massive advantage. it honestly doesn't even make sense.

in a tournament, it's all about name flips and personals, or in a personal challenge, but in terms of the ranked arena, and the seasonal rankings based on elo, i think turning over to a "double blind drop" system would equal the playing field and every bodies elo ranks would have be better represented.

Celsius
11-12-2019, 06:13 PM
How about an option to conceal identity until battle closes

Erupt da Monsta
11-12-2019, 09:33 PM
^^ woahhh that’s a wild idea.. haha I kinda like it

X
11-12-2019, 09:38 PM
How about an option to conceal identity until battle closes

Interesting idea.. I think people might be able to guess who is battling though based on style or voting restrictions?

Guts
11-12-2019, 09:55 PM
yea, i mean, i talked to a friend who didn't want to battle here, because he felt like there was a lot of bias about flames or titles by peoples names, or friends voting for friends, so

i think a completely blind approach could be a healthy experiment.

BizzyOne
11-12-2019, 11:16 PM
This is a dope idea! Let's make it happen! @X

X
02-20-2020, 08:56 PM
Gonna consider this idea for voting too (can't see participants until you vote)

The Saaxxx Baba
02-20-2020, 10:42 PM
i think people have been creating multis for the same effect and already been doing it. it would severely bring down the number of battles though.

Blind voting is a whole other thing and should be implemented ASAP though.

Also there should be something done about multi accounts either make the option of having the luxury to be able to have more than one account per IP as paid one or something which can curb the number of multi accounts here etc.

Brayne Ded
02-20-2020, 11:10 PM
i think people have been creating multis for the same effect and already been doing it. it would severely bring down the number of battles though.

Blind voting is a whole other thing and should be implemented ASAP though.

Also there should be something done about multi accounts either make the option of having the luxury to be able to have more than one account per IP as paid one or something which can curb the number of multi accounts here etc.

Whoah, buddy. Leave the multi accounts alone.

The Saaxxx Baba
02-21-2020, 02:58 AM
Whoah, buddy. Leave the multi accounts alone.

multi accounts serve no purpose imo tbh. other than being a nuisance,misleading or some shit.

As far as experimentation goes i use my main account for everything win or lose if thats what some folks are bothered about.

Unless we cool with endless ricans (as per the majority of the site coz i'm actly cool with him), rohans etc. always popping up every now and then that is.