PDA

View Full Version : Should moderators participate in their own tournaments and contests?

REZN
10-04-2019, 02:50 AM
I'm a firm believer that mods on the site should play a supporting role, opposed to an inclusive role. By that, I mean that moderators probably shouldn't be active battlers. And even if they are actively battling, shouldn't participate in the events, or tournaments that they're hosting.

But, I'm curious how the rest of the userbase views this. Is there a conflict of interest? Is there no conflict of interest? Is there a gray area? And if so, what?

Edit: I fucked up the poll options. Fix below. Lol.

Should moderators participate in their own tournaments and events?

Yes, it presents no conflict of interest.

No, it presents a conflict of interest.

joan of arc
10-04-2019, 02:54 AM
i agree with this.

OGxCERBERUZ
10-04-2019, 03:01 AM
I also agree tbh

REZN
10-04-2019, 03:06 AM
i agree with this.

Did you select the wrong poll option? Lol.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

Oh, shit. My bad. I fucked up the options, anyway.

EtH
10-04-2019, 03:13 AM
There's no members on the site and Rai for example is one of the few active battlers still going, and you want to exclude him from all tournaments?

If its ever been an issue then sure, make this thread. But since it hasn't been a problem in 14 years, who gives a fuck?

REZN
10-04-2019, 03:18 AM
There's no members on the site and Rai for example is one of the few active battlers still going, and you want to exclude him from all tournaments?

If its ever been an issue then sure, make this thread. But since it hasn't been a problem in 14 years, who gives a fuck?

Did I say all tournaments? I said tournaments they host/run.

Óðinn
10-04-2019, 03:45 AM
I understand your point Wretched though it seems as if you're implying a Mod would alter or do something shady in a contest they're running to try and win for themselves.

Have to remember that Mods, like other members of this site came here for the love of hip hop/rap and battling... no one comes here to be a Mod.

More often than not a Mod will start a contest or tournament for the site as it's something they themselves would like to do/participate in as well as other members.

joan of arc
10-04-2019, 04:17 AM
row was an admin. that explains why this thread is valid.

EtH
10-04-2019, 05:33 AM
no one comes here to be a Mod.

Have you met my friend n e r o?

row was an admin. that explains why this thread is valid.

Row was admin after he paid for votes.

RULE
10-04-2019, 06:13 AM
I understand your point Wretched though it seems as if you're implying a Mod would alter or do something shady in a contest they're running to try and win for themselves.

I agree with Wretch on this point, over the years we've seen plenty of shady mods doing shit in tourneys they were involved in. From big offences to small ones like leaving rounds open longer to help them or there friends get more votes.

I think mods who run tourneys should NOT enter them.

1/

EtH
10-04-2019, 07:05 AM
If its ever been an issue then sure, othee than RULE during every Illmania, make this thread. But since it hasn't been a problem, other than RULE during every Illmania, in 14 years, who gives a fuck?

Fixed

Locchart
10-04-2019, 08:09 AM
So are Mods/Staff going to actually enforce this upon themselves to NOT participate in shit they're running?

Supsie
10-04-2019, 10:15 AM
No they should battle. Because the more the battlers the better.

Rai
10-04-2019, 10:18 AM
I don't see a problem with it. Plus. I wasnt mod til 2nd round of the tournament and had a callout to Hoffa before the modship. So a regular user hosting a tournament and partaking in it should be the thread name.

Not like anyone else was eagerly hopping in to sign up, we needed more participants for both lbt and summer throwdown to start. Plus not shit else is going on. Why not compete? I'm quite sure X wouldn't have selected me for mod if he couldn't trust that I'll do the right thing.

Punk
10-04-2019, 10:20 AM
I don't see a problem with it. Plus. I wasnt mod til 2nd round of the tournament and had a callout to Hoffa before the modship. So a regular user hosting a tournament and partaking in it should be the thread name.

Not like anyone else was eagerly hopping in to sign up, we needed more participants for both lbt and summer throwdown to start. Plus not shit else is going on. Why not compete? I'm quite sure X wouldn't have selected me for mod if he couldn't trust that I'll do the right thing.

This... all this

Óðinn
10-04-2019, 10:22 AM
Yup... :high:

Rai
10-04-2019, 10:24 AM
So are Mods/Staff going to actually enforce this upon themselves to NOT participate in shit they're running?

Not tryna be an ass, but didnt you just run the tagteam tourney and partake in it?

Barzooka
10-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Tbh I still feel like that only FV club members should be allowed to vote on battles and, I say once again, should not be allowed to be swayed by other members or even staff and shouldn't even be allowed to be messaged regarding a battle unless by an automated notification system that would be fixed as an exclusive FVC feature.

Locchart
10-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Not tryna be an ass, but didnt you just run the tagteam tourney and partake in it?

Sure did. I also didn't feel like I should've, but did it to fill numbers.

REZN
10-04-2019, 12:46 PM

Have to remember that Mods, like other members of this site came here for the love of hip hop/rap and battling... no one comes here to be a Mod.

More often than not a Mod will start a contest or tournament for the site as it's something they themselves would like to do/participate in as well as other members.

You mean like putting themselves in a title match, or giving themselves an extension?

Noir
10-04-2019, 02:41 PM
I agree with Wretch on this point, over the years we've seen plenty of shady mods doing shit in tourneys they were involved in. From big offences to small ones like leaving rounds open longer to help them or there friends get more votes.

I think mods who run tourneys should NOT enter them.

1/

Mostly closing rounds early which was Row's go to move.

Rai
10-04-2019, 02:52 PM
Sure did. I also didn't feel like I should've, but did it to fill numbers.

Exactly my point.

Rai
10-04-2019, 02:58 PM
You mean like putting themselves in a title match, or giving themselves an extension?

I ran it by 2FUEL and Punk before hand, asking if it was cool. It's not like Im known for extensions. Matter fact in my whole time here on the site, I've used 2.

I called Jimmy Hoffa out due to lack of people signing up. Maybe if you had signed up instead of adding 3 pages of bitching to the signup thread, we would have enough people to run the card without me.

REZN
10-04-2019, 03:26 PM
I ran it by 2FUEL and Punk before hand, asking if it was cool. It's not like Im known for extensions. Matter fact in my whole time here on the site, I've used 2.

I called Jimmy Hoffa out due to lack of people signing up. Maybe if you had signed up instead of adding 3 pages of bitching to the signup thread, we would have enough people to run the card without me.

Not attacking you, friendo. Just pointing out the blaring conflicts of interest presented by participating in a tournament and event you're running.

Edit: Ask Jimmy how I reacted when he was running LBT as champ.

Locchart
10-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Edit: Ask Jimmy how I reacted when he was running LBT as champ.

The same way he is now.