PDA

View Full Version : Why rookies think Bnas is the best on the site (and why it’s dangerous)

DiZzReSpEkT
09-30-2019, 12:18 AM
I’ve heard this a lot when I’m on Letsbeef, “Rookies will always think Bnas is the best until a few months after they join”. The question is why?

The answer is simple, Rookies first battle will either be against a mediocre battler, or Bnas himself. When people get beat by Bnas, the first thing they’ll notice is the big #1 of all time (this is also important to something later). They’ll also read his verse, and most likely be confused at first, but reading the comments will slowly understand what they’re missing in their game. They see that Bnas has all the things the voters are saying, and will most likely look up to Bnas is if he was some rap battle god.

This is dangerous in three ways. One, they will think Bnas’ style of battling is good, and will most likely try to emulate that in their battles. It’s one hell of a way to get your ass kicked constantly on the site. Two, that #1 gives them an ego boost, as they think “wow I went up against the best this site had to offer and he KNEW that I had talent, so he battled me!”. Three, this fuels Bnas’ massive ego, giving him a mass of fans who follow him until they realize he is the Conor McGregor of the rap game (frankly overrated, and never defended that title).

How do we stop this?

Simple. Change the way the battle system works. I know X is looking for feedback and criticism for the upcoming letsbeef upgrade, and this has to be my main one. You get more and more points based on the quality of the opponent you face. For example, Hoffa, having won against opponents like Rai and Celsius, would have 100 points to your rank if you beat him (which has been done by a select few might I add, one of which is not Bnas), where as someone like Saax should get 25-50 points.

Saii
09-30-2019, 12:38 AM
I’ve heard this a lot when I’m on Letsbeef, “Rookies will always think Bnas is the best until a few months after they join”. The question is why?

The answer is simple, Rookies first battle will either be against a mediocre battler, or Bnas himself. When people get beat by Bnas, the first thing they’ll notice is the big #1 of all time (this is also important to something later). They’ll also read his verse, and most likely be confused at first, but reading the comments will slowly understand what they’re missing in their game. They see that Bnas has all the things the voters are saying, and will most likely look up to Bnas is if he was some rap battle god.

This is dangerous in three ways. One, they will think Bnas’ style of battling is good, and will most likely try to emulate that in their battles. It’s one hell of a way to get your ass kicked constantly on the site. Two, that #1 gives them an ego boost, as they think “wow I went up against the best this site had to offer and he KNEW that I had talent, so he battled me!”. Three, this fuels Bnas’ massive ego, giving him a mass of fans who follow him until they realize he is the Conor McGregor of the rap game (frankly overrated, and never defended that title).

How do we stop this?

Simple. Change the way the battle system works. I know X is looking for feedback and criticism for the upcoming letsbeef upgrade, and this has to be my main one. You get more and more points based on the quality of the opponent you face. For example, Hoffa, having won against opponents like Rai and Celsius, would have 100 points to your rank if you beat him (which has been done by a select few might I add, one of which is not Bnas), where as someone like Saax should get 25-50 points.

Great post. I believe this has been addressed and suggested before. For this to actually be a thing, would there need to be an algorithm created in place to automate the rank changes after battles? It seems like a coding task, and idk the state of the Letsveef coding team

DiZzReSpEkT
09-30-2019, 01:07 AM
Great post. I believe this has been addressed and suggested before. For this to actually be a thing, would there need to be an algorithm created in place to automate the rank changes after battles? It seems like a coding task, and idk the state of the Letsveef coding team

Providing the fact that even most major software developers struggle to implement or to change ranking systems like this, it would be questionable as to whether X is able to do this with the small team that he has, unless their coding team is extremely talented.

EtH
09-30-2019, 02:39 AM
1. McGregor knocked out the p4p number one on the planet and one of the best LWs of all time in Aldo and Alvarez.

2. Implementing a new ranking system isn't that difficult in software development.

3. Me and plenty of other people went through this with Cash One / Orthadox. But we used our brain and realized he wasn't actually that good.

Rican
09-30-2019, 04:20 AM
Biggi Mombasa

Weren't you CSK? Lol.

EtH
09-30-2019, 04:23 AM
Biggi Mombasa

Weren't you CSK? Lol.

CSK all fucking day 2k7

Rican
09-30-2019, 04:37 AM
They had their impact.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

I ghost wrote for Cash One in his tournament battle.

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

https://www.letsbeef.com/tournament_battle_details.php?id=472&section=tb

vs Pronto

All Readers FOLLOW IN PURE SHIT the HOLLOW'S IS FURIOUS if VATO IS CURIOUS! Every DROP'S INFECTIOUS He's ''NOT PROGRESSIVE'' this MODEL'S LUXURIOUS so GUARD BROTHER because any ''Geico Sign'' that I'm in a ''All State'' high to leave “KAR COVERED like AUTO INSURANCE!!(Guy Co-Sign)

LOL.

Punk
09-30-2019, 04:21 PM
Bnas really got the entire site asshurt because he snipes lol

It be the same niggas who never battle complaining about dudes who battling too much.