PDA

View Full Version : New FVC team.

Rai
09-26-2019, 02:34 PM
Due to the current lack of voting we will be looking for new FVC members. Some are inactive and or not voting regularly. Battles need to close on time. With a new team of FVC we may be able to get alot of good votes out. Post who you think should be in the FVC and why you think they deserve a spot. In my opinion some of the current FVC members like Shodan, Jimmy Hoffa, g u t s, and Griffey are good voters for the FVC, but are not actively voting like they should. There will be a 30 vote minimum monthly. So if you are a current member and would like to be active enough with voting to meet the quota specified , then by all means lay your own name down.

joan of arc
09-26-2019, 02:39 PM
I'm not sure who is active enough right now, a few months ago i had a solid list. I currently recommend hoffa and shodan.

i also would like to be apart of the fvc, i can meet the 20 vote quota

REZN
09-26-2019, 02:46 PM
Is the quota per week, or per month?

Edit:

Also, will there be specified focuses for individual voters? E.G. 1-2 members voting only on battles ending soon with less than 3 votes. 1-2 voters voting on new battles with 0 votes, etc?

Rai
09-26-2019, 02:57 PM
Is the quota per week, or per month?

Edit:

Also, will there be specified focuses for individual voters? E.G. 1-2 members voting only on battles ending soon with less than 3 votes. 1-2 voters voting on new battles with 0 votes, etc?

Monthly quota. No, no member will have certain responsibilities other than meeting quota and voting on ALL tournaments/contests and lbt/lba. But they should know what is vital to vote on.

REZN
09-26-2019, 03:10 PM
Monthly quota. No, no member will have certain responsibilities other than meeting quota and voting on ALL tournaments/contests and lbt/lba. But they should know what is vital to vote on.

Not having those responsibilities is a big negative, in my opinion. One of the biggest issues right now, is battles not closing. If you're giving people the option to vote on what they want to vote on, that problem isn't resolved. Closing battles is more important than the tournaments and LBT/LBA.

Rai
09-26-2019, 03:35 PM
Not having those responsibilities is a big negative, in my opinion. One of the biggest issues right now, is battles not closing. If you're giving people the option to vote on what they want to vote on, that problem isn't resolved. Closing battles is more important than the tournaments and LBT/LBA.

I agree. But a the current members minus a few when FVC was restored a year ago, had no problems with closing out the battles. That's why we have FVC KING usertitles for incentive to vote on every battle they can. I, myself would start there, then go down the latest open battles. Some of the members voted on every battle that month. So no I dont see a point in putting members in certain voting categories, because if everybody is pulling their weight there shouldnt be any issues with battles closing.

REZN
09-26-2019, 05:26 PM
Cool beans. Hope it goes well.

EtH
09-26-2019, 05:42 PM
FVC has always been full of clowns. You cunts get a boner for long expos and don't actually look into the votes themselves. If you can't battle you can't vote, that simple.

Punk
09-26-2019, 06:12 PM
only problem I have with FVC is VP.

Whenever i do vote, I'm hands down one of the most fair nonfriendly beef aside voters here

yet a doofus like guts will have more VP than me. How does that make sense? Like said above, because he types 3 books for 1 vote?

Aggo
09-26-2019, 06:42 PM
If FVC members are voting as often as they should then they wouldnt need vp to counter poor voters because they would have the numbers. Just give everyone the same VP but make sure 3 to 4 members are voting on each battle. FVC members are not totally unbiased. Nobody is. But FVC tends to scue the same way. If 2 FCC members vote against me and one votes for me I'm only down 2 regular votes on a clearly split decision instead of 4.

Student
09-26-2019, 07:15 PM
I liked when the FVC status was given, after careful consideration and not on the basis of getting higher VP / title.

Rai
09-26-2019, 10:46 PM
only problem I have with FVC is VP.

Whenever i do vote, I'm hands down one of the most fair nonfriendly beef aside voters here

yet a doofus like guts will have more VP than me. How does that make sense? Like said above, because he types 3 books for 1 vote?

If youd like a spot in the FVC, would like to have you aboard. Currently FVC gets 4 vp.

Rai
09-26-2019, 10:50 PM
I liked when the FVC status was given, after careful consideration and not on the basis of getting higher VP / title.

I agree with you on this one. That's why I'm trying to get the site member's opinion on who should be in.

Punk
09-26-2019, 10:51 PM
If youd like a spot in the FVC, would like to have you aboard. Currently FVC gets 4 vp.

4 VP that’s ridiculous lol for one mans vote.

Rai
09-26-2019, 10:56 PM
4 VP that’s ridiculous lol for one mans vote.

Has been that way for a while. There is talk of it going to 3, but I'm not completly sure.

Brayne Ded
09-27-2019, 05:33 AM
F.uzzy V.agina C.lub

EtH
09-27-2019, 07:46 AM
If I was losing a battle I'd IM mods and FVC members to vote.

If I was winning I wouldn't.

VP is so easy to manipulate.

joan of arc
09-27-2019, 12:59 PM
If I was losing a battle I'd IM mods and FVC members to vote.

If I was winning I wouldn't.

VP is so easy to manipulate.

they might vote against you, so this statement means nothing.

and in the circumstance you were losing a battle you should obviously win, then the fvc turns out to be doing it's job in this case.

Locchart
09-27-2019, 01:09 PM
FVC is basically the LB version of the Electoral College, which TOTALLY hasn't been a topic of controversy in the presidential elections before.

At this point, I say get rid of FVC, and have everyone's VP reset to 1. If the mods see someone voting like a jackass, then put their VP to 0 and explain why it's at 0 so they can get their own shit together. Hell, make it to where VP at 0 is visible so we can all point and laugh at them for being jackasses. That'll right the ship in terms of voting because I can say a lot of people feel like their vote doesn't really matter in comparison to others because a minority is able to control the outcome of a battle at this point in comparison to the majority.

With that being said, I'd keep it to where people can still IM/PM asking for votes on their battles AS LONG as they don't blatantly ask for a vote in their favor. Just my 2 cents here.

EtH
09-27-2019, 03:11 PM
they might vote against you, so this statement means nothing.

and in the circumstance you were losing a battle you should obviously win, then the fvc turns out to be doing it's job in this case.

I'm already losing. I've got nothing to lose

Saii
09-27-2019, 03:17 PM
I honestly thought I was already out of it tbh lol I thought when HVK shut it down, that was it. But if I’m still in it and the FVC program is alive then moving forward I will fulfill my FVC obligations.

NOBLE
09-29-2019, 01:53 AM
Good luck with it!

OGxCERBERUZ
09-29-2019, 01:56 AM
I can do it my votes are always fair and I can start explaining votes in better detail since people are crying about it.

Brayne Ded
09-29-2019, 01:56 AM
Fuck it, I'll do anything twice.

OGxCERBERUZ
09-29-2019, 01:57 AM
Give me a shot. Won't be disappointed

Rai
10-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Jimmy Hoffa, n e r o, Sean Griffey Shodan

Are you guys going to be able to meet quota every month?

n e r o and Sean Griffey says they'll pit in work. About to assemble a team in the next few days.

Anybody else wants a shot in FVC, lemme know.

Locchart
10-06-2019, 10:43 AM

n e r o and Sean Griffey says they'll pit in work. About to assemble a team in the next few days.

Yeah I'll do it.

Rai
10-06-2019, 10:48 AM
Yeah I'll do it.

Cool beans , jello. Figured you would. That leaves Shodan to confirm or decline.

EtH
10-06-2019, 12:25 PM
You guys legitimately out here like "You know who deserves higher vp than everyone else and a massive amount of power to decides wins and losses? Gutz and Saiyan"

459 tournaments per day and Gutz being top 5 most powerful voters on the site. I miss Pugz and Muggz at this point

REZN
10-06-2019, 12:43 PM

The real issue is, have those people been voting to this standard preceding their current consideration?

They still had the usertitles, and probably the VP, despite the FVC being "dismantled" by HVK. So, if they didn't continue that degree of consistent voting, why should they be considered? This isn't a jab. It just doesn't make sense to me, that they'd be put in a position like this if they weren't voting when it "didn't matter?"(It mattered, it just wasn't being scrutinized.)

Denton
10-06-2019, 01:00 PM
4 VP? That's fucking ridiculous.
FVC should have 2 at BEST

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Think about it, if 2 FVC members voted for 1 person. then EIGHT regular members would have to vote the other direction to balance that. This is UNBALANCED. This site doesn't have enough members for this kind of ratio. This basically means that the same 4-5 people determine the outcome for all the battles on this site.

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

and one of those 4-5 people is guts who's a massive retard

RULE
10-06-2019, 01:04 PM
We're discussing what VP all people should have (Members, FVC & Mods) at the moment.

Changes are afoot.

Denton
10-06-2019, 01:05 PM
We're discussing what VP all people should have (Members, FVC & Mods) at the moment.

Changes are afoot.

When you say something I trust it

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

On another note, Rai I'm down to to get involved in FVC again. I was in it a few years back

EtH
10-06-2019, 01:08 PM
Just give everyone 2 VP and lower it if someone sucks. FVC has become something that only acknowledges activity and not the actual skill in a vote, while being a mod has absolutely no correlation with knowledge of rap battling.

Student
10-11-2019, 02:31 AM
I agree with 2 VP due to lack of activity, when the average battle is getting 3-4 votes to finish, 1 vote with 4 VP decides the winner even with 3 other people disagreeing on the outcome.

It's been lowered before too, just a FYI, at one point it was 10 but we also had a few thousand active members.

Rai
10-12-2019, 09:49 PM
When you say something I trust it

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

On another note, Rai I'm down to to get involved in FVC again. I was in it a few years back

Are you sure you can put put 30 votes every month?

Barzooka
10-12-2019, 09:59 PM
Is the Fair Voter's club still looking for active participants?

Aggo
10-12-2019, 11:42 PM
FVC should have 2 vp. Their should be at least 2 FVC votes on every battle. That's how they hold their power and effect outcomes of battles. Through activity and consistency, not an inflated VP.

Also can we get an FVC tag so I can @ FVC and all members get a notification instead of tagging 5 individuals each time.

RULE
10-13-2019, 03:55 AM
FVC should have 2 vp. Their should be at least 2 FVC votes on every battle. That's how they hold their power and effect outcomes of battles. Through activity and consistency, not an inflated VP.

Also can we get an FVC tag so I can @ FVC and all members get a notification instead of tagging 5 individuals each time.

I like both of these ideas.

Óðinn
10-13-2019, 04:54 AM
Me too, both great ideas. :high:

Denton
10-13-2019, 09:11 PM
Are you sure you can put put 30 votes every month?

thats literally 1 vote a day. Yes

Helsing
10-14-2019, 01:07 PM
Yeah, some need out of FVC.

IIAM
11-07-2019, 09:54 PM
Entire votes on site
Should be strictly FVC only.
Or 2 mandatory FVC votes per match.
Also Spam verse need to be deleted.
They clutter the battle feed and make
Us look fucking stupid when a new comer
Pulls up and sees Molly McJolly vs Nine7
Shits gae:high:

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Removing VP for idiots is also a good idea

TKtheGREAT
11-07-2019, 10:02 PM
Due to the current lack of voting we will be looking for new FVC members. Some are inactive and or not voting regularly. Battles need to close on time. With a new team of FVC we may be able to get alot of good votes out. Post who you think should be in the FVC and why you think they deserve a spot. In my opinion some of the current FVC members like Shodan, Jimmy Hoffa, g u t s, and Griffey are good voters for the FVC, but are not actively voting like they should. There will be a 30 vote minimum monthly. So if you are a current member and would like to be active enough with voting to meet the quota specified , then by all means lay your own name down.

I can step it up a bit. I agree battles need to close. I'm sure I can bang out a vote or 2 a day. And if there's anything that needs it immediately, just tag me in it.

IIAM
11-07-2019, 10:05 PM

I’m down to do it if y’all want.
Check my votes I don’t fk around :high:

Seul
12-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Cool beans. Hope it goes well.

You jinxed it!

https://media.giphy.com/media/S1M91hLoB35a8/giphy.gif

Zezmeril
12-17-2019, 06:33 PM
I would like to be considered. I'm easily a top active voter anyway. I would just need to pick up my audio votes which is fine by me.

Rican
12-17-2019, 07:29 PM
can I get in?

Seul
12-17-2019, 07:35 PM
The way we had it before, there was a FVC Mod... Names were thrown out, and the rest of the staff voted, right now, I believe there is two mods, Rai and RULE? So this doesn't really work, and we already gave Rai a shot at this, and it didn't work out, so I think we should wait for the next appointed mod, and then RULE & whoever that dude is, decides. All decent experienced active battlers should be considered though.

Kiwi Peewee
12-17-2019, 08:06 PM
I was personally under the impression that most users had 2VP, and FVC had 4VP, meaning that effectively there's a 2:1 ratio but then there's also extra room for bad-but-not-awful voters to be lowered to 1VP, and I guess for good-but-not-great voters to reach 3VP? Also I don't know why everyone's shitting on Guts's voting when he's voted the same way as people like RULE and Lock in basically every battle I've seen him vote on.

I'll definitely keep working to meet my quotas each month though, I think it would also help if the FVC actually worked together more (so helping each other out to improve etc).

REZN
12-17-2019, 08:08 PM
I was personally under the impression that most users had 2VP, and FVC had 4VP, meaning that effectively there's a 2:1 ratio but then there's also extra room for bad-but-not-awful voters to be lowered to 1VP, and I guess for good-but-not-great voters to reach 3VP? Also I don't know why everyone's shitting on Guts's voting when he's voted the same way as people like RULE and Lock in basically every battle I've seen him vote on.

I'll definitely keep working to meet my quotas each month though, I think it would also help if the FVC actually worked together more (so helping each other out to improve etc).

FVC has 3 vp. Mods have 4 vp.

Aggo
12-17-2019, 08:10 PM
Guts has voted against me on 2 seperate occasions for being too mean. Like?

Punk
12-17-2019, 08:15 PM
Guts has voted against me on 2 seperate occasions for being too mean. Like?

Lmao haha ! Was it a compliment battle?

Q
12-17-2019, 08:19 PM
Lmao haha ! Was it a compliment battle?

LMFAO.

Yo, the FVC forums need fixing. All FVC members should have their vote threads in there for members, especially new members to find. As it is now, that entire forum is a mess. Hard to navigate and or find anyone’s vote thread which will be off putting to those who aren’t familiar with the entirety of the LB forums.

Aggo
12-17-2019, 08:22 PM
Also RULE get x to make it so you can @FVC and it tags all FVC members.

And no punk. They were not compliment battles. Everyone knows how nice I am in compliment battles. That would not happen.

EtH
12-17-2019, 08:32 PM
Everyone knows how nice I am in compliment battles. That would not happen.

Yeah, eh, same.

Seul
12-17-2019, 08:57 PM

^Great idea.

B U R D E N
12-17-2019, 09:07 PM

Solid move.