PDA

View Full Version : Should General Forums be set back to public?

Punk
09-20-2019, 10:25 AM
Currently, they’re private because I believe NOBLE if I’m not mistaken made them only visible to logged in members. Which doesn’t make any sense because if that’s our most active forum category, why make it invisible to the outside? It just makes the site look really dead. I understand General lounge is where people talk shit the most but why tf would you make it private??? People are just gonna talk shit when needed in the text lounge, announcements, IN ACTUAL BATTLES, etc NONE OF OUR FORUMS SHOULD BE PRIVATE EXCEPT STAFF FORUMS,

What’s next, we’re gonna make viewing Text battles private as well? Because member A said something very mean to Member B? We’re treating this site like Middle school classes making everything private to protect a certain idiot who chooses or lack awareness of sharing his own personal information. That’s why the site has a Cookies/Privacy Policy... For reasons such as that....

but here’s a few benefits of it being open.

1. Tagging topics that’ll show up on google
For example, I posted a thread about Tekashi snitching yesterday. If people make these searches to find an article, discussion, or video about Tekashi snitching, our site will eventually pop up. That would get people to see our forum side as well as our battle side of things since our stats are under our names. Think about it, we get ALL these new accounts that sign up and battle but why aren’t we driving any of this traffic towards our forums?

2. Forums pull people in the most.
If theyre not battling here on Letsbeef, or have outgrown online battling, they can still come here and talk hip hop. Letsbeef is the only site that doesn’t discuss majority Hip Hop or battle rap. We talk about random non hip hop related shit daily and wonder why no ones joining. Well one, no one can see how active our MAIN forum is, and 2, when they do sign up, they realize ain’t nobody talking hip hop.

3. Key benefit
Is that we need to learn how to discuss hip hop shit more often to pull in members instead of blaming like 3 people for “killing the site”. You cannot run a hip hop site if no one on it is talking hip hop.

More details to come but this is just a startup thread.

Privacy Policy (https://www.letsbeef.com/privacy.php)

Rai
09-20-2019, 10:56 AM
I like this idea. Could bring in new members.

Phil Banks
09-20-2019, 12:53 PM
Might work pretty sure it was set to private to force ppl to login which in turn should have helped activity but honestly if they not going to run paid adverts noone but the same ole heads are browsing it private or otherwise

Punk
09-20-2019, 01:06 PM
Might work pretty sure it was set to private to force ppl to login which in turn should have helped activity but honestly if they not going to run paid adverts noone but the same ole heads are browsing it private or otherwise

Word, well I feel like instead of it being for existing dudes to log on, it should be public and we share more hip hop and make it a rhythm.

If it does become public again, I’m going to start posting a lot about what’s happening in the hip hop world. New Albums, news, etc. The sites not going to survive off just battling. There needs to be way more especially when you’re dealing with a topic such as hip hop/music.

joan of arc
09-20-2019, 01:13 PM
i dont think it would be any harm to, so good idea.

Rican
09-21-2019, 04:43 AM
Yeah, I agree.

Rican
10-02-2019, 10:07 AM
@X

Let's make this happen

X
10-02-2019, 10:30 AM
Will look into it.

Rican
10-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Just the general forums though.

EtH
10-02-2019, 07:11 PM

That didn't increase activity. You'd see something on the forums which would make you log in to engage. With it blocked you didn't give a fuck.

Barzooka
10-08-2019, 02:08 AM
I'm sorry but please do not make the forums open to the general public. This just spells out raids and spam. Just think of all the trolls, all the salty banned members who might wanna get back at this website, idiots who'll just degrade the forums by treating it as a dumping ground for stupid random bs like memes and what not, etc etc. I just seriously feel like it's *not* a good idea.

Plus it'll be harder to ban the guests as they are simply guests instead of genuine accounts that have been registered. Plus as far as internet protocol infractions goes they can easily avoid that by just changing their IP's and perhaps they'll even go to another physical location with an internet connection just to fucking troll some more.

If you ask me it's a miracle how we never got raided when we had no mods. Idk man but I feel like that the forums should just be reserved to the LB family. If anything make a guest forum but still....

Rican
10-08-2019, 02:28 AM
Just might not happen

EtH
10-08-2019, 02:32 AM
There's like 7 members online and raids haven't happened anywhere since 2008 lol

Sens
10-16-2019, 09:21 AM
It's like selling a house but not letting you see it until you sign the paperwork.

Rican
10-16-2019, 09:21 AM
Remember, the Omegas? lol

Punk
10-16-2019, 10:49 AM
It's like selling a house but not letting you see it until you sign the paperwork.

Exactly.

We’re the only site on planet earth that’s scared of the outside viewers. If banned members see the site who cares? 9/10 they have an unbanned multi account.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

https://i.postimg.cc/mgbLVy7x/94378926-CCCB-42-C7-B43-D-868806054-D6-B.png

This is what our guests see. They can’t even view our site’s statistics and history. The site just looks COMPLETELY dead from this view. Mind you there’s normally 5-10 members online. But to the guests, we only have like 1 forum topic to talk in.

X
10-16-2019, 11:21 AM
We'll reopen them, seems reasonable

Punk
10-16-2019, 11:42 AM
We'll reopen them, seems reasonable

Thank you X. You the man

X
10-16-2019, 08:45 PM
This is implemented now

Punk
10-17-2019, 10:00 AM
This should bring life back to the site from the outside viewers.