PDA

View Full Version : stop battling

CakedOut
09-06-2019, 02:30 PM
Alright so y’all get 20 credits for taking a battle. Cool, what happens when you need mod assistance on a battle? You hit up the owner of the site and nothing happens. I’m al about solutions and I don’t run this site but how hard is it to get a couple of real guys to help you do so? Pretty sure everybody’s here grown so why is hard to put your egos to the side and do your fuckin job? This is why the world has so many problems. Human beings can’t get along for nothing. Y’all stop acting like bitchs out there aight

joan of arc
09-06-2019, 03:14 PM
any battle that needs moderation, you can ask me and i'll relay it to X, but honestly, to my knowledge, responds to all emails.

do you know the email to use?

Denton
09-06-2019, 08:30 PM
any battle that needs moderation, you can ask me and i'll relay it to X, but honestly, to my knowledge, responds to all emails.

do you know the email to use?

Shut the fuck up you fucking cock sucking faggot. i'Ll rElAy tO x

who the fuck are you his personal fucking assistant

joan of arc
09-06-2019, 08:35 PM
Shut the fuck up you fucking cock sucking faggot. i'Ll rElAy tO x

who the fuck are you his personal fucking assistant

no but i can reach him if someone needs that. but once again, i'm pretty sure he will respond to anyone you messages him with a problem.

Óðinn
09-07-2019, 06:58 AM
He did respond to me via IM when he was last on and we had a good convo, so i'm sure he'll respond when and where he can.

Though granted, probably has a lot to get through being the only staff member of the site lol

Student
09-07-2019, 03:06 PM
So your answer to the decline in Site Activity is to blackmail X, into reintroducing the Staff programs, by not battling?

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/kVaj8JXJcDsqs/giphy.gif

Saii
09-07-2019, 03:10 PM
So your answer to the decline in Site Activity is to blackmail X, into reintroducing the Staff programs, by not battling?

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/kVaj8JXJcDsqs/giphy.gif

This

Lmao

X
09-07-2019, 08:07 PM
I'm reviewing all battle reports, feel free to report

Punk
09-07-2019, 09:51 PM
I'm reviewing all battle reports, feel free to report

Ya.... I’m sure all the battles already ended....

X
09-08-2019, 01:41 AM
Ya.... I’m sure all the battles already ended....

Battles can be re-ranked after they end, if votes are removed or the battle is deleted

Punk
09-08-2019, 12:23 PM
Dude.... face it, you need help. Mods would’ve already been on this instead of reranking every battle.

People have to watch the battle end before their report is even looked at.

Erupt da Monsta
09-08-2019, 12:53 PM
I’m down to mod if this comes back just get at me

X
09-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Dude.... face it, you need help. Mods would’ve already been on this instead of reranking every battle.

People have to watch the battle end before their report is even looked at.

I'm working on bringing back the mod program, I proposed an idea to make it more fair in another thread: https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1177056#post1177056

Let me restate the ideas here to get your feedback:

1) In the new moderator system to make decisions more fair: individual moderators can propose to delete battles & votes, but another moderator has to agree with their decision. That way it's not an individual making a broad decision, but a consensus. Thoughts on this?

2) This opens up the discussion around bringing back moderators - if that were to happen I'd like to hear new ideas for how moderators could be fairly selected for the role. Maybe a community voting process?

Punk
09-08-2019, 03:53 PM
I'm working on bringing back the mod program, I proposed an idea to make it more fair in another thread: https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1177056#post1177056

1) In the new moderator system to make decisions more fair: individual moderators can propose to delete battles & votes, but another moderator has to agree with their decision. That way it's not an individual making a broad decision, but a consensus. Thoughts on this?

2) This opens up the discussion around bringing back moderators - if that were to happen I'd like to hear new ideas for how moderators could be fairly selected for the role. Maybe a community voting process?

This is what the hell im talking about. Definitely a community vote system + yes a mod request to delete battle or vote and another mod confirms/handles it. That would be perfect.

Erupt da Monsta
09-08-2019, 06:06 PM

All decisions should have been done that way from the jump, but yeah def would need the approval of another mod.

Also what’s the consensus on how high mod vote power should be? Keep it the same or what? Was this apart of the issue and or reason they were , they meaning mods were removed ?

Óðinn
09-08-2019, 06:23 PM
If I remember correctly; Mods had a VP of 6. The FVC has a VP of 4 and then members had a VP of 2 ( though some had 1 and many had 0 due to the voting etc)

As for the joint decision of battles being modded is certainly a good look.

Punk
09-08-2019, 06:32 PM
Mods having 6 VP is just flat out ridiculous. Because the guys a mod, he’s considered the best voter on the site? What makes anyone’s vote more special than someone else’s in a sport based on preferences????

Saii
09-08-2019, 06:51 PM

I love both of these ideas. I hope they come to fruition. Keep up the good work @X.

Brayne Ded
09-08-2019, 07:25 PM
Too little, too late. All the passionate dudes are gone. This battle here is a good representation of the current state of the site:

https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=513672

The decent battles are too few and far between to really necessitate another team of mods. Y'all always worried about the wrong shit. Voting is only pertinent if there are battles worth voting on. Battles are taking weeks to close (I have one almost 2 days past the time it was supposed to close.) Nobody cares about voting anymore. There isn't a reason to. I'd say over half the battle feed is bullshit battles with bullshit votes. There's no excitement left. No official tournaments. No good battles. There isn't much going on nowadays, in terms of skill. How is bringing back mods voted in going to help? Deleting 1 of the 2 votes a battles gets in 5 days and making it take 11 days to close? Reranking battles that did close due to bullshit votes? What if all 3 votes are wack? I just don't think this is a solution to anything right now. The original decision to end mods really put a dent in things and creating new ones isn't going to fill the void created by alienating the previous staff and members.

Plus, with voting now lacking any incentive, I suppose it will be up to the "new, Democratic Mods" to vote on battles like that one I posted the link of? God speed to whoever steps up to that plate ... You'll be deleting a ton of shit.

joan of arc
09-08-2019, 09:30 PM
Mods having 6 VP is just flat out ridiculous. Because the guys a mod, he’s considered the best voter on the site? What makes anyone’s vote more special than someone else’s in a sport based on preferences????

fvc and staff have 4 vp.

everyone else currently has 2.

i think staff shouldn't gain higher vp just for being staff, but staff could also be in the FVC if they are good enough at voting to belong there.

Punk
09-08-2019, 09:44 PM
fvc and staff have 4 vp.

everyone else currently has 2.

i think staff shouldn't gain higher vp just for being staff, but staff could also be in the FVC if they are good enough at voting to belong there.

We’re trying to fix the site... you stay far away from this and any further threads fam. You’ve done enough.

Edit: just because you’re in some “fair voters” Girl Scout club doesn’t make you a better voter than me and I have 2 VP and very well known to be one of the most fair voters on the site when I do vote. Once you understand that, voting will be handled properly.

FreeKandy
09-08-2019, 09:51 PM
I feel there is need for deep reflection on why this site has been floundering. Battle rap is decreasing in popularity in a lot of ways. Maybe its a sign that the site needs to expand its user base and become more inclusive by creating other avenues of sharing in self expression. Well attended live cyphers, audio topicals, and other non-battle-oriented challenges would be a start.

I've said all of this before, so I'm sounding like a broken record. I've already had my main account permabanned, so I'm not sure why I even logged in to check out the health of a site I used to care about.

So long. If yall ever get this shit back to being a respectable community of artist then you can unban my main account The Ghost of Freak and I can help out. Until then, farewell.

joan of arc
09-08-2019, 10:08 PM
We’re trying to fix the site... you stay far away from this and any further threads fam. You’ve done enough.

Edit: just because you’re in some “fair voters” Girl Scout club doesn’t make you a better voter than me and I have 2 VP and very well known to be one of the most fair voters on the site when I do vote. Once you understand that, voting will be handled properly.

not sure what you mean, i was just trying to explain how things work to you. i would personally suggest you should be in the FVC.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

I feel there is need for deep reflection on why this site has been floundering. Battle rap is decreasing in popularity in a lot of ways. Maybe its a sign that the site needs to expand its user base and become more inclusive by creating other avenues of sharing in self expression. Well attended live cyphers, audio topicals, and other non-battle-oriented challenges would be a start.

I've said all of this before, so I'm sounding like a broken record. I've already had my main account permabanned, so I'm not sure why I even logged in to check out the health of a site I used to care about.

So long. If yall ever get this shit back to being a respectable community of artist then you can unban my main account The Ghost of Freak and I can help out. Until then, farewell.

i think it's a good idea to expand the site to focus on "rap" as a whole, instead of battle rap which is a specific niche within the genre.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

i think it's a good idea to expand the site to focus on "rap" as a whole, instead of battle rap which is a specific niche within the genre.

Azul El Chivo
09-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Shits gonna continue to flop cuz the clowns out number or at least out voice or out rank the real ones in ownerships eyes

joan of arc
09-09-2019, 05:28 PM
Shits gonna continue to flop cuz the clowns out number or at least out voice or out rank the real ones in ownerships eyes

nothing is really flopping. the site is being worked on, the new site is being built.

Denton
09-09-2019, 05:30 PM
le sigh

Azul El Chivo
09-09-2019, 06:53 PM
Shits been a flop for years. If the clowns like you can't admit that my point is written in stone. This site will continue to flop I don't care if it gets an overhaul and has all types of new features ownership just doesn't have the vision to make it succeed

Punk
09-09-2019, 06:59 PM
nothing is really flopping. the site is being worked on, the new site is being built.

If I can find this same exact “the site is being built” response from a post back in 2012, will you delete your account?

Azul El Chivo
09-09-2019, 10:12 PM
At best this place will be overrun with trash ass rappers and all the advancements the cream of the crop made on here will devolve back to 2010 level shit it's already on its way there. That's the biggest L for this site to take possible imo. I give a fuck about the craft more than this site and it will continue to suffer without a doubt

ILLoKWENT
09-10-2019, 05:17 AM
no amount of rebooting or rebuilding is going to re popularise online battle rap... its a dying hobby.. actually ran its course at the end of goldmic and when i first logged on.. but now with the new breed of lil (insert name) rappers and mumble shit, actual lyricism is just not appreciated anymore

Óðinn
09-10-2019, 12:17 PM
If I can find this same exact “the site is being built” response from a post back in 2012, will you delete your account?

Lol. Dead.