PDA

View Full Version : How feasible would it be to change the name of Let's Beef?

REZN
08-12-2019, 01:35 PM
I get it. The name has a lot of longstanding sentiment for some people. And for others not so much. But, I think, realistically, it's just not... a good name. So, how feasible would it be to change the name to, for example, Let's Battle? It's more oriented toward the purpose of the site. It sounds more appealing phonetically. And, it allows for some of the current branding to be maintained. People can still say, for example, LB. Because, let's face it, the ability to abbreviate something is also pretty appealing socially. (Facebook?)

Open discussion. I'm just curious. Would be great if X could provide his input on the actual logistics of the feasibility of this, too.

Aggo
08-12-2019, 02:49 PM
They spent a long time building the brand. Logos and shit arent necessarily free. Not sure they would wanna do that. I dont see anything fundamentally wrong with the name bit agree it may not be the best choice, I still think it does its job just fine.

Brayne Ded
08-12-2019, 02:54 PM
Vegan spotted.

REZN
08-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Vegan spotted.

Nah. Honestly? I just feel kind of stupid saying "let's beef." Like, I'm not telling my friends about that.

Azul El Chivo
08-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Even letsbattle sounds wack though lol. Def could use a rebranding name wise

Aggo
08-12-2019, 05:10 PM
Internet Rap League

Then you could be like. Yo battle me IRL and still hide behind the anonymity of the internet. It's perfect for the internet thug culture. Solid fit.

Saii
08-12-2019, 06:53 PM
IRL sounds dope af tbh

Azul El Chivo
08-12-2019, 10:22 PM
Lmao Aggo was joking but that's a solid name choice albeit a rip off of URL. Having live video / audio battles would be a perfect format for that name though

joan of arc
08-13-2019, 11:05 AM
the name letsbeef is perfectly fine. it's gained the audience it was trying to attract before, and will continue to do so. In fact before today, i've never even heard anyone complain about the name.

perhaps if we were going to open our doors to focus on rap as a whole, instead of just battle rap, then a name change would be in order.

Azul El Chivo
08-13-2019, 01:54 PM
No one's complaining about the name. But clearly from a brand standpoint the name sucks. Just stating the obvious. I wouldn't rock LB apparel just off of the name and logo design currently. I wouldn't rock any brand called LetsBeef in general no matter the design just cuz the name's corny

joan of arc
08-13-2019, 02:18 PM
No one's complaining about the name. But clearly from a brand standpoint the name sucks. Just stating the obvious. I wouldn't rock LB apparel just off of the name and logo design currently. I wouldn't rock any brand called LetsBeef in general no matter the design just cuz the name's corny

i think there is currently a logo rework. and people will work an "lb" design so long as the artwork/design is dope.

but this is a better way of putting it, i see where you're coming from, but we've already built rep with lb for 15 plus years, i'm not it's a good idea to throw it away.

but it's always good to ask these questions.

Azul El Chivo
08-13-2019, 02:21 PM
The rep is in the shitter at this point. The member base doesn't really respect what's gone on with this site over the years and how it's been treated. Stop being scared of a rebrand. The people who came from here don't even really claim it. Conceited, Charron, etc. Never really shouted out this site and paid dues cuz it was never a professional place. It was just a wild proving grounds online. Even if this was my baby that I built from the ground up I'd feel the same seeing the state it's in and how no one who came from here had enough love to big it up... Think about it bruh.. Conceited is on Wild N Out if he really had love and respect for this site and his journey on here he would still be repping it to this day and we wouldn't have been talking about reviving this place for the past 5 years.

REZN
08-13-2019, 09:01 PM
i think there is currently a logo rework. and people will work an "lb" design so long as the artwork/design is dope.

but this is a better way of putting it, i see where you're coming from, but we've already built rep with lb for 15 plus years, i'm not it's a good idea to throw it away.

but it's always good to ask these questions.

It's 15 years of a bad reputation, though. Not just in regard to the member base. But, it went from a platform that was featured in popular hip-hop magazines to a sort of shunning in the battle rap community. Guys like Charron, or Conceited are more embarrassed of their time here than they are proud. And those stigmas stick with the name.

Saii
08-13-2019, 11:47 PM
Hold up, Conceited with the tattoos is from here? What's his account? Lol

Kompz
08-13-2019, 11:55 PM
Hold up, Conceited with the tattoos is from here? What's his account? Lol
https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=34228