PDA

View Full Version : Earn more credits for battles and votes!

X
08-10-2019, 09:00 PM
I made some big changes to the credits system, note that starting and joining battles now earns you credits instead of costing you credits. Here is a summary of all the changes:

Start an open battle +20 credits (previously -3 credits)
Start a private battle 0 credits (previously -3 credits, it's free)
Join an open or private battle +10 credits (previously -1 credit)
Vote on a battle +5 credits (previously +1 credit)
Join a tournament battle +30 credits (previously +0 credits)
Vote on a tournament battle +10 credits (previously +5 credits)

I hope you enjoy the new changes and reminder you can use the credits to purchase items for your emcees (https://www.letsbeef.com/myemcee.php). There are new emcee items coming soon. :high:

joan of arc
08-10-2019, 09:01 PM
oh shit. i love it. huge change to the game. great work X

Pugz
08-10-2019, 09:04 PM
dope!!

KG The Prince
08-10-2019, 09:06 PM
Noice

NOBLE
08-10-2019, 09:30 PM
It makes sense as an incentive to encourage people to post more battles, but there needs to be more things that you can do with credits (other than purchasing emcee items). I'm not sure what the excitement level is right now for emcee items. Adding some new ones would help, but I also think being able to gamble and wager credits on battles be dope. Either way, thanks for the update!

Rai
08-10-2019, 10:08 PM
Good shit, boss. Hopefully this change helps.

Now if we can get some votes in on the tag final. NO FVC MEMBER has even voted lol

~YuNg~
08-10-2019, 10:23 PM
That's whats up, I used to hate that shit back in the day when I first joined LB I had to go and vote on a bunch of battles just to battle lol. But it did make sense back then to have it like that with all of the members we had back then. Hopefully this change makes the site look up and come up again!

Good shit bro.

exwhyzee
08-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Great idea and all, but wouldn't this decrease voting activity? Majority of people vote to earn credits nowadays. Now that they are getting rewarded +20 creds just to start an open battle, who's gonna vote anymore? The maybe, 5, active voters on the site? I just think that instead of giving out creds, we should keep the old system and simply dish out bigger rewards for voting. Maybe like Voter of the Month at the top of the page, where its based off of quality of votes more so than quantity or something?

X
08-11-2019, 03:33 PM
Great idea and all, but wouldn't this decrease voting activity? Majority of people vote to earn credits nowadays. Now that they are getting rewarded +20 creds just to start an open battle, who's gonna vote anymore? The maybe, 5, active voters on the site? I just think that instead of giving out creds, we should keep the old system and simply dish out bigger rewards for voting. Maybe like Voter of the Month at the top of the page, where its based off of quality of votes more so than quantity or something?

I thought about this too and appreciate the feedback, my goal with the changes is to increase battle activity -- will review changes next month and see if any adjustments need to be made.

X
08-11-2019, 03:33 PM
It makes sense as an incentive to encourage people to post more battles, but there needs to be more things that you can do with credits (other than purchasing emcee items). I'm not sure what the excitement level is right now for emcee items. Adding some new ones would help, but I also think being able to gamble and wager credits on battles be dope. Either way, thanks for the update!

We can definitely add more types of rewards beyond emcee items, would like to hear ideas

Brayne Ded
08-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Dude, I already got 305 credits. I don't care about emcee items, never have. Let's say I did care about credits. Couldn't I just start and infinite amount of battles, endlessly, and rack up the credits? Never have to vote again. Just keep starting bullshit battles, over and over.

exwhyzee
08-11-2019, 11:44 PM
^^ basically

Brayne Ded
08-12-2019, 01:59 PM
I mean, yeah, this might increase the amount of battles open but it's going to proportionally increase the malcontent of no one voting. There might be 50 battles open for votes after this change but it will lead to people being pissed no one is voting on all these open battles. There's no reason to vote anymore. 90% of the current users only voted for the credits. Now, they don't have to. They can start as many battles as their heart desires but not a damn soul will be voting. Voting was already an issue. Now you're going to overwhelm those who do vote. Suddenly, there is going to be 50 battles that should of closed 3 days ago and no one is going to want to vote on the 37 of those battles that are bullshit. This system was good in theory but will be abused quickly and without remorse. Best of luck.

~YuNg~
08-30-2019, 07:35 AM
Where these tourneys at? Only one I see is a make shift one set up by Rai, nothing actually official to allow us to get these credits