PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Staff

Punk
07-28-2019, 09:17 AM
Seriously, I give in.... Ive noticed that without a group of active staff, shits gone horribly quiet.. As I started writing this, I was the ONLY one online.

Here’s why staff helps activity ALOT..

1.More People help out because they’re interested in becoming staff
2.Staff members would be more inspired to log in seeing that they have a job to do.
3.X won’t be able to manage the entire site by himself
4.X won’t be fast on his feet to run tournaments, build the site, deal with deleting bad votes, lowering VP, banning, etc on his own.

At first, I was 100% with the idea of no staff but every since then, the sites honestly become SO quiet. Like battles are open for DAYS and getting 1 vote,

I can definitely admit that thinking having NO staff would be better for the site was wrong but damn... It’s really bad right now on here and recently activity just Proves how much LB needs a staff team after all. A good staff team that’s trustworthy and not filled with lying backstabbing trolling dummies. Besides I need to beef with someone in charge and x barely responds... Take a look at how dead it is....

Saii
07-28-2019, 10:15 AM
Seriously, I give in.... Ive noticed that without a group of active staff, shits gone horribly quiet.. As I started writing this, I was the ONLY one online.

Here’s why staff helps activity ALOT..

1.More People help out because they’re interested in becoming staff
2.Staff members would be more inspired to log in seeing that they have a job to do.
3.X won’t be able to manage the entire site by himself
4.X won’t be fast on his feet to run tournaments, build the site, deal with deleting bad votes, lowering VP, banning, etc on his own.

At first, I was 100% with the idea of no staff but every since then, the sites honestly become SO quiet. Like battles are open for DAYS and getting 1 vote,

I can definitely admit that thinking having NO staff would be better for the site was wrong but damn... It’s really bad right now on here and recently activity just Proves how much LB needs a staff team after all. A good staff team that’s trustworthy and not filled with lying backstabbing trolling dummies. Besides I need to beef with someone in charge and x barely responds... Take a look at how dead it is....

I agree. It's just a different energy now. Even the staff that was removed doesn't log on as much or participate in anything..

EtH
07-28-2019, 12:08 PM
Fuck that. If your only motivation to log into LB is to become a staff member then you're gonna ghost the second you become one. Happened time and time again.

Punk
07-28-2019, 12:51 PM
Better than nobody logging in at all.

Saii
07-28-2019, 01:44 PM
No cap though, the last set of moderators all were active and contributing. And they had been in those positions for some time.

Solo Fives
07-28-2019, 01:49 PM
I agree LetsBeef is in a very fragile state every part of contribution counts to get it through this depression.

NOBLE
07-28-2019, 07:30 PM
I think we should give X some time to implement what he's trying to implement. The goal wasn't to have an LB with no staff. The goal is to have an LB whose staff tasks are as automated as possible. I agree that the site has been pretty inactive lately. I'm not sure exactly how much that is related to removing the staff. Everyone who was on staff are still here, and no longer being on staff doesn't prevent them from battling or doing other activities. This phase where we neither have a human nor an automated staff wasn't the end goal. We should give X some more time to see how much he can automate before calling for a return to the status quo.

The Saaxxx Baba
07-29-2019, 07:47 AM
I got a better idea, get a few saaxxx femcees into the site ...

Punk
07-29-2019, 08:43 AM
I think we should give X some time to implement what he's trying to implement. The goal wasn't to have an LB with no staff. The goal is to have an LB whose staff tasks are as automated as possible. I agree that the site has been pretty inactive lately. I'm not sure exactly how much that is related to removing the staff. Everyone who was on staff are still here, and no longer being on staff doesn't prevent them from battling or doing other activities. This phase where we neither have a human nor an automated staff wasn't the end goal. We should give X some more time to see how much he can automate before calling for a return to the status quo.

This is the type of stupidity that hurts the site... Talking about everyone that was staff is still here.. bitch where?.....

Hoffa’s last post was 4 days ago (someone who posted daily)

Edgeworth hasn’t logged in in 10 days.

HVK’s last post was 10 days ago

Guts last post was 3 days ago (someone who posted daily)

Muggz is back inactive

Pugz seem to be talking less

Students been inactive

I mean how goddamn clear does shit have to be? No ones even voting anymore, big names ain’t even battling anymore, LBT got no shows out the ass. You niggas just here to drop your unresearched opinions just to look smart and make it seem like you talking some fact shit but when you look around, you realize how wrong you niggas be. Next time you post some clown shit about how the previous staff members are still active, go to their page and check their activity and see how much it decreased since they were demodded.

https://i.postimg.cc/vZSw9P54/178-F95-D0-8-F33-4103-908-B-0674097-B727-D.jpg

^ this is legit RIGHT NOW as I’m typing

EtH
07-29-2019, 09:08 AM
Fuck those guys. It's almost exclusively guys who were stupid as fuck which led to their corruption, or guys who were too scared to speak out about it in fear of losing their spot whom have now lost it anyways so they ran away because they no longer have the coloured name validation they desperately sought after.

Punk
07-29-2019, 09:32 AM
Alright You niggas kindve slow so let me put it in big words..

WE NEED A STAFF. NOT THE STAFF THAT WE PREVIOUSLY HAD BUT A NEW STAFF. AN ACTIVE STAFF. THATS A HUGE PART OF THE SITE. WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO WHEN X GOES INACTIVE AGAIN OR GOT TOO MUCH ON HIS PLATE?

NOBLE
07-29-2019, 10:10 AM
You're an emotional dumbass. I never said we didn't need a staff. What I said is let's give X time so he can implement something BETTER than what we had, which will be a partially automated and partially human/anonymous staff. Yes, there were benefits to having a staff, but there were also issues as well, from corruption to personal beefs when in the meanwhile, these people have access to YOUR personal information. X has explained that one of the primary motivations for removing the staff is because the site got a lawyer who informed them that we can actually get in trouble and be sued by having such a scenario if a personal beef between a member and a staff got out of hand and the member's personal info were exposed. You don't know what's going and all you see is the low activity. Maybe that's why you're so antsy and acting like a 4-year old with big fonts and shit. Relax and have a seat and let the man do his work.

Punk
07-29-2019, 10:56 AM
You're an emotional dumbass. I never said we didn't need a staff. What I said is let's give X time so he can implement something BETTER than what we had, which will be a partially automated and partially human/anonymous staff. Yes, there were benefits to having a staff, but there were also issues as well, from corruption to personal beefs when in the meanwhile, these people have access to YOUR personal information. X has explained that one of the primary motivations for removing the staff is because the site got a lawyer who informed them that we can actually get in trouble and be sued by having such a scenario if a personal beef between a member and a staff got out of hand and the member's personal info were exposed. You don't know what's going and all you see is the low activity. Maybe that's why you're so antsy and acting like a 4-year old with big fonts and shit. Relax and have a seat and let the man do his work.

Did I say you said we didn’t need a staff or can you read?? DURRRRR!! Fucking retard. Go back and read what I responded to you with, bitch ass faggot bitch. I clearly responded with how previous staff is no longer active, because you said they were, stoooopid

X
07-29-2019, 11:30 AM
I'm here and available, support@letsbeef.com

The Saaxxx Baba
07-29-2019, 01:48 PM

i think the concern here is that there wouldn't be anything left to be improved by that time which does not seem short unless the those who be, are planning on roping in EBL members to replace the folks who quit the site coz it's getting so mundane off late.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

This is the type of stupidity that hurts the site... Talking about everyone that was staff is still here.. bitch where?.....

Muggz is back inactive

Students been inactive

I mean how goddamn clear does shit have to be? No ones even voting anymore, big names ain’t even battling anymore, LBT got no shows out the ass. You niggas just here to drop your unresearched opinions just to look smart and make it seem like you talking some fact shit but when you look around, you realize how wrong you niggas be. Next time you post some clown shit about how the previous staff members are still active, go to their page and check their activity and see how much it decreased since they were demodded.

FAX

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

also, thanks to all the forfeits and inactivity the tourneys are becoming jokes too

Saii
07-29-2019, 03:38 PM
"This has to work...because I don't know what I'm gonna do if it doesn't...."

- X

Pugz
07-29-2019, 03:52 PM
im here and available to battle and promote you guys its on you to hit me up...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

i actually make lots of attempts to get yall involved reaching out.. its also the dead of summer.. some people go have fun

Joe MuGGz
07-29-2019, 04:33 PM

I agree. I understand Punks point as well. Lets let time tell this story.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

im here and available to battle and promote you guys its on you to hit me up...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

i actually make lots of attempts to get yall involved reaching out.. its also the dead of summer.. some people go have fun

This is true as well. I have been contacted about other members creating radio content. Ive entertained every idea. Even from guys I don’t exactly respect(Eth) which is new for me. But if it helps LB I always am with it. Making it a collective vision.

Also, I know making changes to a 14yr old site isn’t a overnight deal. It takes time.

Lets see what X is cooking. I trust that the final phase will be fucking dope.

NOBLE
07-29-2019, 08:21 PM
Did I say you said we didn’t need a staff or can you read?? DURRRRR!! Fucking retard. Go back and read what I responded to you with, bitch ass faggot bitch. I clearly responded with how previous staff is no longer active, because you said they were, stoooopid

You sound really mad and it's actually funny. I can imagine you punching your keyboard all extra hard and shit. You're not smarter than me. You can keep calling me "stoooopid" and retarded and all this shit but no one here actually believes you're smarter than me. If they do, they're as dumb as you. You're making nothing but strawman arguments. I said the former staff are still here and that being de-staffed doesn't prevent them from being active in battling and other areas. You turned that into me saying "they're active" then proceeded to visit each one of their page to show when they last logged in/posted. Wow! You sure proved me wrong...lol. I said that " I never said we didn't need a staff". You turned that into me saying or implying that you said we didn't need a staff when your thread is literally titled "Bring Back Staff." You then proceeded to tell me to go back and read what you wrote. Genius Punk! I don't know if you're doing it on purpose or not, but it's funny in a way. I'll give you that.

Punk
07-29-2019, 08:40 PM
You sound really mad and it's actually funny. I can imagine you punching your keyboard all extra hard and shit. You're not smarter than me. You can keep calling me "stoooopid" and retarded and all this shit but no one here actually believes you're smarter than me. If they do, they're as dumb as you. You're making nothing but strawman arguments. I said the former staff are still here and that being de-staffed doesn't prevent them from being active in battling and other areas. You turned that into me saying "they're active" then proceeded to visit each one of their page to show when they last logged in/posted. Wow! You sure proved me wrong...lol. I said that " I never said we didn't need a staff". You turned that into me saying or implying that you said we didn't need a staff when your thread is literally titled "Bring Back Staff." You then proceeded to tell me to go back and read what you wrote. Genius Punk! I don't know if you're doing it on purpose or not, but it's funny in a way. I'll give you that.

Yo are you DUMB dumb dumb dumb..... or just DUMB dumb. For one, you don’t know me to even feel like you’re smarter than me. For two, I’m most likely wayyyy smarter than you just based off the small shit like how bad of a coder you are. Your design skill is trash, that red skin was just outright embarrassing, and the shit scripts you’ve attempted to write. They’re all rookied out dude. Just because you YouTube PHP tutorials for dummies don’t make you smarter than me. You probably still think PHP and HTML are the same. I can supply you with OFFICIAL certification of my intellectual background, Mothafucka don’t play with me. You better find you a god damn toy.... Anyways, clown

your ugly ass said former staff is still here......... WHERE!? Edgeworth was ACTIVELY BATTLING before being demodded.... Where’s edgeworth at noble?

I can go down the list but your special-Ed generated brain may not comprehend.

It’s clear that the Idea Of Letsbeef having a staff kept this place running smooth asf. Because you’d have a mod online damn there all the time especially because of the time zone differences. Who’s gonna remove ALL of the poor votes if we reach top activity level? Who’s gonna run ALL of the main AND secondary tournaments? Hella props to X but he can’t do all of this by himself.

You think Mark Zuckerberg is the only nigga working for Facebook?

Before your goofy ass respond, include a screenshot of the “Who’s online” list... For research purposes.

NOBLE
07-29-2019, 09:01 PM
This is pointless. Okay Punk, you win. I'm not going to repeat myself. You're the smartest punk nigga who ever lived. lol

Punk
07-29-2019, 09:04 PM
This is pointless. Okay Punk, you win. I'm not going to repeat myself. You're the smartest punk nigga who ever lived. lol

Right. Get your halfway house living sour patch back fat ass out my thread.

EtH
07-29-2019, 09:44 PM
Muggz in here acting like he didn't straight up admit that he contacted me about doing the radio cause it would do its bigger numbers yet.

Fuck your respect. I'm better at you at what you do without even doing it. If you got banned we'd forget you even existed. Pay homage kid.

Barzooka
07-30-2019, 02:44 AM
Watch there be a huge fucking riot on LB one day because there's no staff

Godbody
07-30-2019, 06:52 AM
LetsBeef definitely needs more staff. Fact of the matter is X can't be here 24/7... But activity levels are at an all time low so we definitely don't need hella staff either.

From X's post I got the impression that he wants to implement some type of customer support/ticket system. Where every issue has a ticket # and he goes through them in order or in order of urgency depending on what boxes you checked off for your support query

at least thats what I would hope and think because it seems to be the most logical thing for a site with 1 staff

Nicholas
07-30-2019, 02:51 PM
Probably should have got rid of staff AFTER implementing the support system.

V3NOMOUS
07-30-2019, 05:00 PM
I been gone a bit and got back amd see LB slowed way down and there's no staff, so just out of curiosity, Y no staff?

Punk
07-30-2019, 07:09 PM
Damn man... Sites horribly inactive. No ones talking at all. I guess I’ll be back once the update drops

Denton
07-31-2019, 09:45 PM
Fuckin Yikes

Student
08-05-2019, 02:38 AM
Fuck those guys. It's almost exclusively guys who were stupid as fuck which led to their corruption, or guys who were too scared to speak out about it in fear of losing their spot whom have now lost it anyways so they ran away because they no longer have the coloured name validation they desperately sought after.
Fuck off EtH, post proof of corruption or quit trolling :p

Plus, sometimes people just grow out of hobbies...:grass:...

Or sometimes YOU growing up makes you more creative, gives you more perceptive, better sense of judgement, etc. etc. which in turn makes you a better artist / human being :high:

Btw. y'all seen Atlanta? it's GENIUS.

ILLoKWENT
08-08-2019, 11:46 AM
Plus, sometimes people just grow out of hobbies...:grass:...

this answers everyones questions about the low activity on this site... plain and simple... if yall expect people to be battling here forever, then u need to get a social life outside of a computer screen..

Joe MuGGz
08-16-2019, 07:20 AM
this answers everyones questions about the low activity on this site... plain and simple... if yall expect people to be battling here forever, then u need to get a social life outside of a computer screen..

Truth here.

In that same breath I would say that there will be younger catts... new energy.. and with that will come a new way of doing things.

LB is a gift and a curse. Its been here for 14yrs. Which is good but when guys eventually wonder off, a large part of that choice, to me, is the comfort of knowing LB will always be just a few clicks away.

People grow. Some hobbies can't have the required time any longer.

Writing bars consistently.. for free.... hits different for a 15yr old... or 20yr old.. 30...40.. or in DJWenJay case, 67 yr old. :D

LB is waaaaay more enjoyable without this false sense of "pressure" to (as 1 person) uphold this massive burden called "activity"....

Lets just do our thing :high:

~YuNg~
08-16-2019, 09:43 AM

Muggz is back inactive

Students been inactive

That’s some real shit. If you go look at the forums and hit the sticky talking about the FVC voting threads people been posting in there for days and I have in each one about 4 or 5 days ago now and nothing from anyone. It shows that they haven’t been active. No one can truely argue the fact and say that they are still active when their profiles clearly say otherwise. I wasn’t totally for the no staff from the beginning just do to the fact that one man cannot handle everything himself like you said in your initial post it’s a lot of shit to keep up with. I don’t know what the plan is here with getting rid of staff and things like that, But I hope to see an update soon about all of this we gotta do something to get LB back.

Seul
08-17-2019, 02:33 AM
I'm gonna speak my little piece, and I hope y'all don't take it negatively.

Once staff was dispersed, I kinda' felt like the hard work we've done and literal HOURS, like HOURS on HOURS i've spent on this site, went to waste - forum & staff wise. I was easily the most active last year, and won member of the year, people legit roasted me for being online all the time. Anyways, in terms of forum activity and community wise, I may still pop in from time to time, & when it comes to battling/rapping, I think this site was the greatest gift I received, it helped me elevate at a rate that even surprised me. Winning most of my titles and beating people I thought were awesome within a year. When you spend that much time with like minded individuals and receive their feedback on a daily basis, it helps out immensely... because let's face it, no one has a group of friends that all rap, and if you do - all power to you... take advantage of that. When staff was removed, I felt my obligation to the site went too. It's summer time, i've been going out with the homies, basking in the weather, partying, shit's been enjoyable. I don't have the same drive for battling as I once did, if anything, my focus is on tracks - and knowledge here is limited, in fact this site kinda distracts me from that goal at points.

So I'll leave y'all with this, I'mma stay ghost for a bit, but will check up here and there. I may even battle if the hunger returns (it honestly may), but this community was great and there's a lot to learn here for the new cats - so I hope they can see that. In terms of people saying staff was corrupt, it's funny, it was never said before, but cause one dude said it in the forums, now it's a thing... so suck my dick - the staff members that were here right before they got removed (understandably, due to legal reasons) gave an actual fuck and communication between staff members was the best it had ever been, since I joined the staff team anyways. Although some people were quick to pull the trigger on shit and cause mass hysteria, (not naming names, cause I don't think that was his intent). I'm not saying we/they were all perfect. I tried to do my service personally, to the best of my ability by being as fair as possible. I hope y'all saw that. Respects y'all, and I'll be in touch in the future for sure to see how everything's going.

Shout outs to: Edge, Jimmy Hoffa, EtH, Bape, Rai, Student, NOBLE, HVK, Shodan, Bone Daddy, Punk & many more. Y'all taught me a lot of shit in your own ways and helped me carry myself on the site better, and become a better writer. Sorry if I forgot your name, :high:.