PDA

View Full Version : Changes to staff and the future of LB

X
07-14-2019, 09:20 PM
I've made a business decision for LB to end our current admin and moderator programs. For now I am the sole staff member and owner of LB and any issues can be raised to me through a number of channels:

1) emailing support@letsbeef.com
2) using the reporting features
3) posting in the forums

I want to be clear that this decision was made as in best interest of the community and business as a whole. I greatly appreciate the work that has been put in by the admin and mod teams to keep LB running and getting it to where it is today, I plan to keep the lines of communication open with the entire community to make LB better.

I know there are a number of problems we need to address that were typically handled by admins & mods, my plan going forward to address them in a fair way and systemize a lot of the manual decision making processes. We need to think about how to improve the battle, ranking and voting systems together and that will be my focus over the next few months. Technology has made great improvements over the past 15 years we can leverage tech to improve our core systems. I look forward to engaging with the community on how to make LB better.

Pugz
07-14-2019, 09:27 PM
been an honor.. Ive really learned a lot in my time on here as an admin.. gained friends.. lost friends.. had our peaks and valleys and pits of hell but at the end of the day it was all worth the experience im glad i could be a part of it! im still here though and now i got time to promo you guys.. lets all stop being so political and have some fun wit this shit now! LB radio still in full effect send tracks and drops to pugz@letsbeef.com for interviews and promotions email Muggz@letsbeef.com

Shodan
07-14-2019, 10:10 PM
I respect the one-man-leadership approach, but have you figured out what you're going to do in the event that you become unable to deal with LB for some reason? Like, if you have a long-term power blackout or get put in the hospital?

At the very least, I think there should be some automated "emergency staff" function where certain pre-picked people get moderator powers if you don't log into the site for a certain amount of time.

I seriously doubt that LB can function as an anarcho-syndicalist paradise for long.

Joe MuGGz
07-14-2019, 10:28 PM
#LBOVEREVERYTHING

Barzooka
07-15-2019, 12:03 AM
Lovely

X
07-15-2019, 12:55 AM
I respect the one-man-leadership approach, but have you figured out what you're going to do in the event that you become unable to deal with LB for some reason? Like, if you have a long-term power blackout or get put in the hospital?

At the very least, I think there should be some automated "emergency staff" function where certain pre-picked people get moderator powers if you don't log into the site for a certain amount of time.

I seriously doubt that LB can function as an anarcho-syndicalist paradise for long.

Noted.

Saii
07-15-2019, 01:19 AM
Wow....there have been a lot of announcements but this one I really didn't see coming. It's a new direction and I hope it works out @X

Evil Twin
07-15-2019, 02:22 AM
im not sure what happened to come to the choice of having no mods, but as a vet on this site I respect it and hope for the best out of it. Ive brought plenty beef and entertainment to lets beef over the years, and have always been a start over from ground up type of guy when necessary in life, generally speaking. I respect your thoughts, views and actions x. Anything you need let me know

Nicholas
07-15-2019, 04:19 AM
So many questions...

How will VP be increased and decreased?

Who will run tournaments?

Who will update the HOF and Statistic threads?

Who will handle banning members that break the rules?

Rai
07-15-2019, 04:42 AM
So many questions...

How will VP be increased and decreased?

Who will run tournaments?

Who will update the HOF and Statistic threads?

Who will handle banning members that break the rules?

Also, who will run lbt/lba?

HVK
07-15-2019, 07:30 AM
X I WILL CONTINUE THA RUNNING OF THA FVC AS NORMAL.

BIG DECISION THIS WAS AND A BIG CHANGE, IM ON BOARD WITH IT THO AND IF YOU NEED ANYTHING GOIN FORWARD THEN HOLLA @ ME.

#LBOVEREVERYTHING

Seul
07-15-2019, 08:49 AM
Homies, we will continue to run the LBT/LBA for you guys. The LBT card will be up tonight. If you have any issues, you can still direct your concerns to me & I will ensure it's taken care of.

Punk
07-15-2019, 09:23 AM
Haha as long as muggz isn’t staff, I’m cool with it :)

Pugz
07-15-2019, 09:26 AM
X will implement a system that will work faster and more efficiently than we have now to help users with problems... there are lots of options... its no question having a active staff that participates and interacts with the community has lots of benefits but it also has many draw backs... X just needs to implement some fast methods of reporting a problem and having it dealt with by an impartial party who doesn't participate on lletsbeef.. ontop of it all i believe its best if only X has control of your user data.. leaves 0 room for conjecture or fuckery.. my 2 cents

RULE
07-15-2019, 11:14 AM
Big change but certainly wipes a lot of slates clean.

Anything i can do for the site X let me know.

#Letsbeef

OGxCERBERUZ
07-15-2019, 01:44 PM
@X Best decision innletsbeef history tbh

Stimpak
07-15-2019, 01:50 PM
So am I still banned or what?

Will Sniff
07-15-2019, 01:55 PM
Lol..

NOBLE
07-15-2019, 03:30 PM
My 2 cents:
The forum model and its hierarchical structure (with mods and admins) are outdated and I think it has lead to the decline of forum-based websites in general, (not just rap forum websites) in favor of social media platforms where the modding is more anonymous or algorithm based. I understand this is being done mostly for legal reasons as the site prepares itself to scale up. I hope this relative state of anarchy leads members to be more self reliant and take more responsibility for the site's day to day operations. There are no more mods who are supposed to be responsible. Its on us now, and to be honest, it always has been. Everyone who has ever joined staff was a regular user first. I'm glad to see that HVK, Seul, Pugz, Joe MuGGz and other former staff members are still committed to helping to run contests. We all need to step up now. We are the mods now. No more overlords. We are responsible.

Pugz
07-15-2019, 05:16 PM
#LBOVEREVERYTHING

MammaJamma
07-16-2019, 11:38 PM
dope move.

Student
07-19-2019, 09:36 PM
It's always been an honor to help LB, with or without Admin. tools, so this doesn't change the fact I still believe in LB and I'll still be around (in my limited scope) to help out like I always have.

#LetsBeef2020

KAM SPEECH
07-22-2019, 10:17 AM
Was wondering where all the mods went and now and makes sense. Glad to see you taking this turn and i hope it all works out for the best. cant wait to see what the future has in store for LB. been a minute

Rai
07-26-2019, 02:31 PM
My only objection is that I think FVC should have higher vp than the average Jo. Just because things have went severely down hill(as far as voting goes) due to this change in staff and vp lowering of FVC. And I also think some sort of staff is needed. I have a battle out right now (as well as many others) with a vote with no explanation. @X you are one man and cant delete every battle vote that is deemed unfair. Also we have took a severe decline in activity since the change. As always it's your call, but this is how me and others feel about this.

X
07-26-2019, 04:49 PM
My only objection is that I think FVC should have higher vp than the average Jo. Just because things have went severely down hill(as far as voting goes) due to this change in staff and vp lowering of FVC. And I also think some sort of staff is needed. I have a battle out right now (as well as many others) with a vote with no explanation. @X you are one man and cant delete every battle vote that is deemed unfair. Also we have took a severe decline in activity since the change. As always it's your call, but this is how me and others feel about this.

There have been no VP changes to FVC

Rai
07-26-2019, 05:09 PM
Oh okay I heard otherwise, that's my bad. However, could there be a solution to bad vote removal? and what if someone bites, who is to ban him? Not sure you can handle all of the burden to moderate every battle, like a group can. Not saying you can't, because you are the man with the plan, forsure. We could use some kind of group to watch over the site and have privileged powers to do such things, atleast until the robot staff are incorporated into the site. Imo.

X
07-26-2019, 05:21 PM
Oh okay I heard otherwise, that's my bad. However, could there be a solution to bad vote removal? and what if someone bites, who is to ban him? Not sure you can handle all of the burden to moderate every battle, like a group can. Not saying you can't, because you are the man with the plan, forsure. We could use some kind of group to watch over the site and have privileged powers to do such things, atleast until the robot staff are incorporated into the site. Imo.

The best option right now is to use the Report Battle button if you notice something that should be reviewed, the volume of battles right now is easy to moderate, but I agree we will need better automated solutions if activity picks up.

Rai
07-26-2019, 05:24 PM
The best option right now is to use the Report Battle button if you notice something that should be reviewed, the volume of battles right now is easy to moderate, but I agree we will need better automated solutions if activity picks up.

Does that go directly to you?

X
07-26-2019, 05:28 PM
Does that go directly to you?

Yes I'm monitoring all the reports

Godbody
07-30-2019, 10:15 AM
Implement a ticket system mod

Have different tickboxes for customer support... ie; Account problems, Battle issues, etc etc

Then deal w/ the ticket numbers in order. Or assign a level of importance to each query

Someone that has a user experience breaking glitch for example should go before someone bitching over an unfair vote

~YuNg~
08-05-2019, 11:30 PM
I've made a business decision for LB to end our current admin and moderator programs. For now I am the sole staff member and owner of LB and any issues can be raised to me through a number of channels:

1) emailing support@letsbeef.com
2) using the reporting features
3) posting in the forums

I want to be clear that this decision was made as in best interest of the community and business as a whole. I greatly appreciate the work that has been put in by the admin and mod teams to keep LB running and getting it to where it is today, I plan to keep the lines of communication open with the entire community to make LB better.

I know there are a number of problems we need to address that were typically handled by admins & mods, my plan going forward to address them in a fair way and systemize a lot of the manual decision making processes. We need to think about how to improve the battle, ranking and voting systems together and that will be my focus over the next few months. Technology has made great improvements over the past 15 years we can leverage tech to improve our core systems. I look forward to engaging with the community on how to make LB better.

I would love to see LB get back to what it was back in the 2011-2015 era. Back then battles were non stop people actually voted and it was actually a blast. Now no one votes on battles no one battles and I am not honestly sure why. All of the heavy hitters that used to be on here seemed to disappear. and that's when things went down hill. Hope you can get it back to what it was. I still check in everyonce in awhile but noticed all the old heads that I used to talk to almost everyday in ShitTalkers and everywhere are basically non exsistent. Good luck to the future of Lb!

MecH
08-06-2019, 12:09 AM
Email all the Old Tymers and heavy hitters for a new battle trophy or title. Call it old heads-clash. haha. That oughtta get em out their wheelchairs and back in the arena. Up the vote points for the battles. Just a thought

Rhyme Reaper
08-07-2019, 04:16 PM
Letsbeef should e-mail everyone to inform them of these changes, alot of people who dont come on LB or been inactive forever will see the changes via e-mail instead and may spark interest into a lot of people to come back.

Rican
10-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Email all the Old Tymers and heavy hitters for a new battle trophy or title. Call it old heads-clash. haha. That oughtta get em out their wheelchairs and back in the arena. Up the vote points for the battles. Just a thought

This.