PDA

View Full Version : Enough is Enough (HOF Discussion)

Saii
07-11-2019, 03:04 AM
Guys...we really need to come together in agreement about the Hall of Fame. At this point, we're nominating people simply off of likability and not even off of accomplishments.

I have no beef with Pulse/Godbody and I don't know anything about the dude....but besides being a well-respected battler, and a long-time known forum troll, what has he done for the site that would qualify him to be a Hall of Famer?

Being well-respected shouldn't grant you access to the Hall of Fame. There are some in the HOF right now with NO titles, NO notable wins, and are there purely off of namesake alone. Hall of Famers should have the titles, skill, and resume to back up their gold jacket.

At this point, we're just nominating whoever just to nominate them. I've combed through the current HOF and there's a number of them who simply don't belong there, and please don't ask me to name names because that'll start a shit talking thread and will distract from the point.

All I'm saying is, nominate people who actually have a resume to their name. Not someone who's likable, popular, or well-respected.

RULE
07-11-2019, 04:03 AM
Name names

:evilvillianemoji:

KG The Prince
07-11-2019, 04:53 AM
Sitting in the Hall of Fame yeeeh, and the whole of LB will know ya name

Kiwi Peewee
07-11-2019, 06:15 AM
Sitting in the Hall of Fame yeeeh, and the whole of LB will know ya name

I listened to that song for the first time in months literally 2 minutes before reading this lmaooooo

But in all seriousness, I don't think there's an objective measure of HOF worthiness. At the time he was inducted, Boro had no titles or accolades or anything. Despite that, imo he's one of the worthiest HOFers on the whole site and I think his recent accomplishments just go to prove that. I think that if the majority of people that were around at the same time as a person believe they are worthy of HOF, that is what makes them worthy. The problem is, most of the people from the eras when most HOFers were active aren't here any more.

The biggest problem with the HOF is that there is a lack of clarity. There has never been an official process for determining which nominations succeed; in fact, there's barely been a de facto method that's stayed consistent. I don't think we'll be able to overhaul the HOF to properly reflect the distant past (barring a sudden return of all the old, old, old heads); so instead I think we should focus on shoring it up and getting an official process so that we can get it right for the recent past, the present and the future.

Godbody
07-11-2019, 06:56 AM
Guys...we really need to come together in agreement about the Hall of Fame. At this point, we're nominating people simply off of likability and not even off of accomplishments.

I have no beef with Pulse/Godbody and I don't know anything about the dude....but besides being a well-respected battler, and a long-time known forum troll, what has he done for the site that would qualify him to be a Hall of Famer?

Being well-respected shouldn't grant you access to the Hall of Fame. There are some in the HOF right now with NO titles, NO notable wins, and are there purely off of namesake alone. Hall of Famers should have the titles, skill, and resume to back up their gold jacket.

At this point, we're just nominating whoever just to nominate them. I've combed through the current HOF and there's a number of them who simply don't belong there, and please don't ask me to name names because that'll start a shit talking thread and will distract from the point.

All I'm saying is, nominate people who actually have a resume to their name. Not someone who's likable, popular, or well-respected.

Get the fuck out of here. You have absolutely 0 idea what you're talking about. I 1,000% have a resume to my name dickface.

We're talking a bunch of notable wins against Hall of Famers and Grand Champs. In both text and audio. I dont give a fuck what you know me as, you werent here for years putting in work taking out top names. Know your role and play it, new kid

Matter of fact I might be one of 3-4 people that have actually successfully beaten some of the greats in both text and audio. I can count the people on 1 hand that have had equally dominant or more dominant runs across both arenas.

You weirdos love to come out the woodwork and hate. Brush your teeth first and do your hw on me

Punk
07-11-2019, 08:58 AM
I hate when new guys dispute something HOF related. Like it bothered me a lot.

Kiwi Peewee
07-11-2019, 09:05 AM
I hate when new guys dispute something HOF related. Like it bothered me a lot.

Punk that aimed at me or just Saiyan?

Punk
07-11-2019, 09:09 AM
Punk that aimed at me or just Saiyan?

I didn’t realize you posted in the thread tbh.

But it’s to basically the new generation who have no background on the old heads that’s been here since the beginning. Like it make absolutely no sense at all. How you rate someone based off of what they’re doing today?

Godbody
07-11-2019, 09:14 AM
These clowns log in to hate. I probably shitted on them in some thread so in their hurt minds I'm nothing but a forum troll. Forget that I've been here a dime and change battling.

I said it several times idgaf about HOF. But if my name comes up and ya'll gonna talk about me in a thread make sure to include the facts. Not just your bullshit ass perspective that is an obvious smear campaign cuz you got something against me lol

Punk
07-11-2019, 09:17 AM
I honestly still can’t believe it’s the NEW guys with most of the disagreements. If dudes such as RULE and myself would co-sign a nigga’s HOF thread, take it and run with it.

It’s almost like hip hop. The new generation don’t know shit about hip hop legends but will call them trash. Niggas disrespecting PAC, Big, etc live on camera as if they was around back when they was killing shit

Kiwi Peewee
07-11-2019, 09:49 AM
I honestly still can’t believe it’s the NEW guys with most of the disagreements. If dudes such as RULE and myself would co-sign a nigga’s HOF thread, take it and run with it.

I'm not trying to get into a disagreement here just trying to be constructive, but this is how I see it: Both EtH and Musashi, old heads who've been here a long time and whose opinions are probably quite credible, ranked Godbody #39 and #37 in their top 100 texters of all time respectively. And in the long, drawn-out argument over the lists that ensued, no-one (including both you and RULE who were involved in the discussion) ever stepped up claiming Godbody should be rated higher. Thus, the general impression that myself (and presumably other new guys) get is that Godbody's rightful ranking by old head consensus is somewhere in the high 30s of all-time textcees. Although that's impressive, I don't think it's HOF worthy. Maybe if he had a tremendous battle record, or some tourney wins or something like that, then that'd make sense, but from the information I've seen presented that isn't there. It's not that I think my opinion regarding Godbody's battling abilities is important or original; it's that I (and maybe others? Sean Griffey lemme know if this is where you're coming from) feel like there's a discrepancy between how a lot of these people are considered in general and then how they get treated when someone nominates them for HOF.

If I'm wrong in some way I'm happy to be enlightened, let me know your thoughts.

Punk
07-11-2019, 10:15 AM
1.Eth’s list is his opinion, not the sites
2.Musashis list looked copied and pasted just a few switch arounds.

Your defence is basically 2 non HOF > 2 HOF

Godbody
07-11-2019, 10:15 AM
Where would you rank me in the Top 100 audio battlers of all time? I'd definitely put myself within the Top 50. And overall battler, Top 25-30.

You guys are hyperfocusing on text. If ya'll were to throw me in the HOF I'd like ya'll to take everything into totality. Been lost my passion for text, re-invented myself as an audio battler so much so that I was dropping opens left and right & keeping fireballs next to my name even though several people had a chance to end my winning streak when I dropped an open battle.

But they didn't.

I ended my own winning streak when I was fed up with the site and dropped a troll open text battle which Celsius responded to

So all in all, combining my audio run... Not even including the shit I did outside of LB that still involved LB members (like the Tinychat/Chatroom battles where I was the #2 battler out of 15+ and considered the best freestyler out of everyone) I rank myself within the Top 25.

Look at someone like TRE of WAR ... He's HOF but I beat him in audio and ya'll think this nigga deserves HOF but someone like me doesn't? I've beaten much better people than he has. He just got 2,000 battles to his name. And that's not disrespect, just skim thru.

You can disagree with my opinion but you'd be 100% wrong and showing how biased you are towards text

People that were much more dominant with a much more cemented legacy in text... U.A., MahVulus, Meta4, etc never tasted 1/10th of the success I had in audio. So by default I put myself over a lot of heads that never tried their hand at both. Because you can't be an 'emcee', a 'battler' or w/e you wanna call it if you never have success on the mic.

Phracture
07-11-2019, 10:39 AM
These clowns log in to hate. I probably shitted on them in some thread so in their hurt minds I'm nothing but a forum troll. Forget that I've been here a dime and change battling.

I said it several times idgaf about HOF. But if my name comes up and ya'll gonna talk about me in a thread make sure to include the facts. Not just your bullshit ass perspective that is an obvious smear campaign cuz you got something against me lol

lets get a 16 in??

Kiwi Peewee
07-11-2019, 10:55 AM
Where would you rank me in the Top 100 audio battlers of all time? I'd definitely put myself within the Top 50. And overall battler, Top 25-30.

You guys are hyperfocusing on text. If ya'll were to throw me in the HOF I'd like ya'll to take everything into totality.

People that were much more dominant with a much more cemented legacy in text... U.A., MahVulus, Meta4, etc never tasted 1/10th of the success I had in audio. So by default I put myself over a lot of heads that never tried their hand at both. Because you can't be an 'emcee', a 'battler' or w/e you wanna call it if you never have success on the mic.

Godbody the way the HOF works is there are separate sections for Text, Audio, Track and Crew halls of fame, so each is considered separately. I'm not saying that that's the best way to do it, its just the way it is. Your nomination from Punk was for the text HOF. That's why we've only discussed your achievements in text.

On an aside, UA won an audio GC and made another final so he has tasted at least 1/10th of the success you've had.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

1.Eth’s list is his opinion, not the sites
2.Musashis list looked copied and pasted just a few switch arounds.

Your defence is basically 2 non HOF > 2 HOF

EtH's list is his own opinion, but then it was debated extensively by many people (including you) and no-one disagreed with him or Nicholas putting Godbody in the late 30s, so what I'm saying is if he truly was one of the all-time greats with an astounding legacy then you or someone else would have noticed and raised the question why he wasn't in the top 20/whatever. Also, the fact that you're HOF for track making doesn't make your knowledge of the site's history any more or less valid. Afaik both EtH and Nick have been on the site for a few years longer than you or RULE, and therefore probably have a better perspective on the grand scheme of things. I'm not saying your opinions are worth less than theirs, just that you being HOF is meaningless as far as your ability to rank great textcees of all time.

Locchart
07-11-2019, 11:26 AM
My thing I think about when it comes to HoF status is: Can that person transcend an era to be a top-tier battler? Imo Godbody probably could.

Godbody
07-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Lil Talent I know Punk nominated me for text. That's why I'm saying I'd like ya'll to consider the totality of things. I havent taken text battling seriously in years. When I was last active, I was givin all my energy to audio. Whether it be on Letsbeef or elsewhere. & I aint even know UA did an audio let alone win a GC, so I'll take that back lol..but my point remains

You can't say the criteria is "You have to have a dominant run".. "You have to win mad titles" when people like myself never gave a fuck about tournaments, and you got people like TRE of WAR with HOF status and not 1 chip to his name. It's contradictory. You guys flip flop too much on your stances. Maybe not you specifically

But for people like Musashi saying letting me into the HOF is 'lowering the bar'.. I'd love for him to explain TRE of WAR

Then he says things like "I'm opening a can of worms"... again, look TRE of WAR . Ya'll been opened that can

Now it's a bunch of butthurt haters left pulling off revisionist history and going by w/e the fuck they seen in their 2-3 yrs here like I wasnt always neck and neck w/ the top dudes for 15 years.

From the moment I got on I was a part of a top 3 crew in Soul Assassins. A top 3 crew a year or two later in Lyrical Killaz (TopNotch, Epidemikk, The Lat!n King), A top 3 crew some years after that when Real Talk, DeNiro, and I formed HoodRich All Stars and called ourselves the "3 headed monster"...And again some years after that in Legion of Doom or w/e

These dudes only rocked w/ you if you were one of the top dogs. Ya'll act like I'm some bum that kept getting into top crews lol

Kiwi Peewee
07-11-2019, 11:39 AM
Fair enough, I know I'm personally in way over my head I'm just tryna clear some stuff up cos I feel too much gets lost in confrontation/miscommunication in these forums lmao.

UNKNOWN ARTIST = YOU WISH (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=69712)

GOOD GRIEF
07-11-2019, 11:47 AM
Godbody I think overall the issue is new guys look at shit in hindsight. People read bars from back then talking about how played they are or how basic they be without acknowledging the fact that back then not only was everything fresh but those guys were the ones that LAYED YOUR FOUNDATION ya know? Lol

Also... I gotta say this, but y’all are talking about eras in an extremely dumb way tbh. Do you know how stacked certain periods of LB were? Imaging going into a GC with 15+ HeavyWEIGHTS and HOFs back then. I’m going to be honest here... the power rankings these days mostly consist of 5 dudes shitting on everyone else tbh.

Domination should only be looked at in terms of relativity. And yes, it’s hard to vote on HOF dude to the fact a lot of vets aren’t around from that time.

Godbody
07-11-2019, 11:47 AM
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Shit just needs to be fair. I'm at an incredible disadvantage because I'll never get "fair" from the majority of people left on this site... Ya'll don't know my 6-7 accounts. Ya'll weren't around when I was battlin people considered top dudes at the time, etc

If I never get HOF I still want ya'll to know what it is. Some of you newer cats are getting too comfortable talking shit because you're winning titles on a site with 16 niggas left. I busted my ass from a young age to beat some of the better battlers on here. When 500 people were still active, not 20. I take the disrespect ya'll are throwin at me way more personal than getting a HOF nod, I never cared or asked for it. But I lend my 2 cents when it comes up.

If you don't know my history, legacy, w/e you wanna call it I just ask that you don't participate. Because it looks like hate when you join in 2017-2019 and go "Well I aint seen Godbody do shit but troll forums. Why the fuck does he deserve HOF?"

This is specifically directed towards Sean Griffey 's hating bum ass.

Saii
07-11-2019, 12:54 PM
1. This wasn't to hate on anyone..just to stir conversation about if we need a general, universal understanding about who gets in the HOF. If you know me, then you know I respect all the veterans. I also respect everyone's opinion whether the opinion is agreeing or disagreeing with my own ... *cough* Punk lol

2. I'm not new. I've been here for almost a decade under many different names. I've seen a lot of the same people/same stuff y'all have seen.

3. I clearly said I don't know much about you Godbody, so to literally speak as though I'm judging you shows a lack of intelligence...and since you're so keen on having the brightest fucking opinions about every single thread in Letsbeef history, I'm sure you can understand why reading "I have no beef with Pulse/Godbody and I don't know anything about the dude..." and then responding as if I have beef with you and know something I don't looks and sounds idiotic on your part.... :)

But, continue :high:

Godbody
07-11-2019, 01:08 PM
3. "I clearly said I dont know much about you...so to literally speak as though I'm judging you shows a lack of intelligence"

You're the biggest faggot I've never met. You start your post with

"but besides being a well-respected battler, and a long-time known forum troll, what has he done for the site that would qualify him to be a Hall of Famer?"

and end it with

"All I'm saying is, nominate people who actually have a resume to their name. Not someone who's likable, popular, or well-respected."

That's CLEARLY hate. Doesn't matter what type of snowflake lingo you cover your bullshit distaste for me with.

Like I said. You don't know shit about me, you're not familiar with me. Slow your role. I've accomplished more on throwaway accounts than you have your entire stay on LB. Fuck outta here dickrider and take that stick out of your ass

You come off as a gigantic faggot that has never seen pussy in his life. Stop being an uptight weirdo. You know what shows a lack of intelligence? Being here a decade and nobody is nominating you for HOF. Dumbass.

Nicholas
07-11-2019, 03:12 PM
From the moment I got on I was a part of a top 3 crew in Soul Assassins. A top 3 crew a year or two later in Lyrical Killaz (TopNotch, Epidemikk, The Lat!n King), A top 3 crew some years after that when Real Talk, DeNiro, and I formed HoodRich All Stars and called ourselves the "3 headed monster"...And again some years after that in Legion of Doom or w/e

These dudes only rocked w/ you if you were one of the top dogs. Ya'll act like I'm some bum that kept getting into top crews lol

I was in Lyrical Killaz, Hoodrich & LoD too. Where's my induction thread? :D

Seriously though I remember your whole career. I think you're dope. I think you were a legit vet in the golden era. I do not take anything away from you at all. I was telling g u t s how dope you were in IM's not long ago.

Do I think you dominated the text arena on the level of Real Talk, UA, RULE? I just don't and it's not because I don't respect you or want to see you succeed.

I don't know the audio side of things very well so I can't comment on TRE OF WAR but I will say I don't think Mayneak should have been HOF. I would have commented on that should it have been suggested today but unfortunately that ship sailed. I can only give my opinion on what I see.

Lil Talent made some good points. If we rank you somewhere in the top 40 of text battlers and we induct you should we then instantly induct everyone ranked above you by public opinion? It doesn't make sense to me.

Much love. Bring back Illuminati Pulse. I haven't seen a numerology thread in a minute.

joan of arc
07-11-2019, 03:55 PM
i am changing HOF.

pulse, your nomination thread will NOT be bothered by these new changes, because, in the sake of fairness, the changes happened after your nomination.

however, your current nomination does not meet the standards worthy of HOF. but you have time for the votes to pour in, so good luck.

Saii
07-11-2019, 04:04 PM
3. "I clearly said I dont know much about you...so to literally speak as though I'm judging you shows a lack of intelligence"

You're the biggest faggot I've never met. You start your post with

"but besides being a well-respected battler, and a long-time known forum troll, what has he done for the site that would qualify him to be a Hall of Famer?"

and end it with

"All I'm saying is, nominate people who actually have a resume to their name. Not someone who's likable, popular, or well-respected."

That's CLEARLY hate. Doesn't matter what type of snowflake lingo you cover your bullshit distaste for me with.

Like I said. You don't know shit about me, you're not familiar with me. Slow your role. I've accomplished more on throwaway accounts than you have your entire stay on LB. Fuck outta here dickrider and take that stick out of your ass

You come off as a gigantic faggot that has never seen pussy in his life. Stop being an uptight weirdo. You know what shows a lack of intelligence? Being here a decade and nobody is nominating you for HOF. Dumbass.

Bet so now it's shit talking. I can go there too. What the fuck have you done in the last 2-3-4 years other than log on once a month just to hop in the forums and bitch about what's wrong with the site, whine about how it's not what it used to be, and contribute nothing but negative vibes??

You're an AIDS infested, poor man's EtH. Shut yo bitch ass the fuck up and do what you do....nothing..

RULE
07-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Godbody Vs Griffey or close thread tbh.

:popcorn:

Saii
07-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Godbody Vs Griffey or close thread tbh.

:popcorn:

Godbody hasn't battled in 2 years lol all he's capable of doing is talking shit and not backing it up...so....good luck with that idea...

Locchart
07-11-2019, 05:28 PM
I kinda do wanna see a Godbody battle, though.

Saii
07-11-2019, 05:34 PM
I kinda do wanna see a Godbody battle, though.

It ain't hap'nin fam. Godbody needs to stay his old washed up ass on the sidelines

Revan
07-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Co-sign that hot fella RULE. Man dude is sick with it.

Godbody Vs Griffey lets go.

1/

RULE
07-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Co-sign that hot fella RULE. Man dude is sick with it.

Godbody Vs Griffey lets go.

1/

Thank you Rev you too nice with it.

God Vs Griff c'mon now.

Godbody
07-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Why would I battle Griffey? I'm offended at the suggestion, we all know I only do audio these days and we all know what the outcome would be

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

I was in Lyrical Killaz, Hoodrich & LoD too. Where's my induction thread? :D

Seriously though I remember your whole career. I think you're dope. I think you were a legit vet in the golden era. I do not take anything away from you at all. I was telling g u t s how dope you were in IM's not long ago.

Do I think you dominated the text arena on the level of Real Talk, UA, RULE? I just don't and it's not because I don't respect you or want to see you succeed.

I don't know the audio side of things very well so I can't comment on TRE OF WAR but I will say I don't think Mayneak should have been HOF. I would have commented on that should it have been suggested today but unfortunately that ship sailed. I can only give my opinion on what I see.

Lil Talent made some good points. If we rank you somewhere in the top 40 of text battlers and we induct you should we then instantly induct everyone ranked above you by public opinion? It doesn't make sense to me.

Much love. Bring back Illuminati Pulse. I haven't seen a numerology thread in a minute.

See. You at least shared your 2 cents the right way

Some of ya'll just mask your hate idek what I did just know if I call you a cocksucking faggot its in the name of good ol shit talking. But some of ya'll bring that energy with you for every thread. That shit is foul. I'll always keep it 100 and have absolutely no problem with any1 here to try to shit on them or their accomplishments

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

And tbh Musashi our situations are completely different. I went and had success in audio too. And might be 2-0 against you js

Which is why when ya'll nominated me for text HOF I said look at the totality of shit. Why not just make someone HOF for overall skill/ability shown on a consistent basis in both arenas?

And Talents point is null and void with Mayneak and TRE in the HOF. You cant just wanna change the rules cuz they wanna nominate me, what kinda fuck shit is that? Lol

Nicholas
07-11-2019, 06:30 PM
[/COLOR]And tbh Musashi our situations are completely different. I went and had success in audio too. And might be 2-0 against you js

Which is why when ya'll nominated me for text HOF I said look at the totality of shit. Why not just make someone HOF for overall skill/ability shown on a consistent basis in both arenas?

And Talents point is null and void with Mayneak and TRE in the HOF. You cant just wanna change the rules cuz they wanna nominate me, what kinda fuck shit is that? Lol

I was kidding I don't consider myself even slightly HOF worthy. Possibly, I thought we had audio battled too but I can't find any record of it so maybe not?

CakedOut
07-11-2019, 06:30 PM
To get in the hof. smh
I’ll save everyone’s time.

1. You have to be liked by majority of the site.
2. You don’t have to be a top 20 audio or text head
3. If youre disliked by the mass. You have to dominate the site during a span of at least 4 months
4. Win multiple gc’s or titles
Last but not least.
5. You can make mainstream pop tracks like punk.

That’s accurate enough.

Punk
07-11-2019, 06:41 PM
To get in the hof. smh

3. If youre disliked by the mass. You have to dominate the site during a span of at least 4 months
Last but not least.

That’s accurate enough.

Hey hey if you think I’m good enough to make mainstream pop music then what am I doing on LB wasting time haha. Thanks for the compliment :*

CakedOut
07-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Hey hey if you think I’m good enough to make mainstream pop music then what am I doing on LB wasting time haha. Thanks for the compliment :*

you’re a fkin goat ha

GOOD GRIEF
07-11-2019, 10:17 PM
To get in the hof. smh

Last but not least.

That’s accurate enough.

Titles can’t be everything cause according to this Al Boro wouldn’t be HOF. Titles are important and deffo are an indicator of greatness but let’s not get too blinded by blue and orange

Celsius
07-27-2019, 03:01 PM
It's all about consistency and as NawkOut said forum presence. I've had HOF caliber verses ( Look at my battle against Bape) imo but the best thing you can do is choose quality over quantity (says the guy with 700 battles) lol.

Rican
10-08-2019, 05:44 AM

#GodBodyForHOF