PDA

View Full Version : LetsBeef V4 Prototype & Survey for 100 credits

X
06-28-2019, 08:58 PM
We've put together a prototype of the LetsBeef V4 experience, and would really appreciate feedback from the LB community.

Please note this is a "user experience prototype", it doesn't actually function to allow you sign in or battle. The idea is help you understand how the design will look and work and get early feedback. You can access the prototype here: http://letsbeef.pixeldreams.com

After you check it out, please take 5 minutes to fill out the survey: https://forms.gle/rwKvBvaAXkJj5VZk9

Survey participants will receive +100 credits in the coming weeks, thanks!

Punk
06-28-2019, 10:05 PM
This is fire X I seen it before but I’m publicly stating that this is fire

NOBLE
06-28-2019, 10:10 PM
Dope AF. Can't wait to see the finished product!

OGxCERBERUZ
06-28-2019, 10:37 PM
@X Nice shit man looking dope bro

GOOD GRIEF
06-28-2019, 10:45 PM
Maybe I been on here so long I'm still attached to the old design but I dig the more modern feel of the new one.

I definitely advise combining the old elements that already exist with the new fresher take. Good shit

Shodan
06-29-2019, 01:05 AM
Holy shit it's finally here. I never really expected it. Might as well be the Rapture for all I would have predicted it 2 years ago. FIRE SHIT X

KG The Prince
06-29-2019, 09:34 AM
Yo it's actually looking sick

EtH
06-29-2019, 10:18 AM
I'm just on mobile now so I'll give thoughts there.

Looks modern and sleek. I'm surprised you managed to make it work with so many different colours. Usually that can feel a little childish, but doesn't at all here

I think you should up the colour of the mins remaining, votes, plays etc. Text to the same as I presume the crew (aftermath, 8mile) because bright now I think it's just a tad too dark.

Feels much more mobile friendly and like something I could see people using.

Any plans to add an app in future beyond this?

Pugz
06-29-2019, 10:21 AM
yessssir

Punk
06-29-2019, 10:37 AM
Pugz acting like he helped

Godbody
06-29-2019, 12:52 PM
This the shit I'm talkin about right here... The overhaul that was needed

Looks a lot better than the V4 ya'll were about to introduce years ago...FlyHipHop or w/e... No offense to whoever made that site

But this? This is it X

By the way will ya'll bring over the Beatdisk beats to the new site?

lastly idk if ya'll implemented the ranking system but an ELO system would be the shit

Everyone starts off with a blank rank. 5-10 battles will qualify them and place them in Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Elite/Champion (u can play with the names)

And its based on skill. So if you qualify as Gold and keep losing, you can go down to Silver. or go up to Platinum if you keep winning etc

Locchart
06-29-2019, 12:57 PM

Looks a lot better than the V4 ya'll were about to introduce years ago...FlyHipHop or w/e... No offense to whoever made that site

But this? This is it X

lastly idk if ya'll implemented the ranking system but an ELO system would be the shit

Everyone starts off with a blank rank. 5-10 battles will qualify them and place them in Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Elite/Champion (u can play with the names)

And its based on skill. So if you qualify as Gold and keep losing, you can go down to Silver. or go up to Platinum if you keep winning etc

Are you gonna be battling?

Godbody
06-29-2019, 01:02 PM
Probably..

The mods/admins are finally listenin to us and doin right by us. You show that kind of love to your site's users and its only right we return it the only way we kno how

EtH
06-29-2019, 01:05 PM
Probably..

The mods/admins are finally listenin to us and doin right by us. You show that kind of love to your site's users and its only right we return it the only way we kno how

Exact reason I sent to guts. Sure, we've been at a v4 release before, but just seeing people come on with the idea that they want to push LB forward is a good thing and I'll do a small part to help.

GOOD GRIEF
06-29-2019, 03:05 PM

But this? This is it X

BOI if you don't get that Overwatch League of Legends shit outta here.:fyou:

If anything bring back the LetsBeef League that Rhetorik made awhile ago. Could supplement the LBT and LBA championships... provide incentive by giving top battlers free spots in tourneys... credits to top 4 battlers, etc.

KG The Prince
06-29-2019, 04:33 PM
Nah I think the ELO system would be better

Fuck you, Bnas

EtH
06-29-2019, 04:50 PM
ELO system is shit for all of us. so easily explorable.

But anyone here from 2007 knows those days were so much more fun, so I want frequent battles rewarded.

Godbody
06-29-2019, 06:02 PM
Why would ELO be shit? It's used for everything

Are there ways to exploit it? Yeah probably. If you can convince most of your opponents to lose on purpose so you can qualify higher. Or purposely do shitty so you qualify in the lowest placement

Bnas is against ELO because he knows it measures skill. You can't just do 1,000 battles for the #1 spot. It shouldn't be 10 or 20 either. There are a ton of variables you can tweak if its a good ELO ranking system mod

Or maybe have a tick box for a 'ranked' battle that counts towards your ELO rank. And if you leave it unchecked the battle will still count towards your W/L record but not your ELO rank?

I can already see people making threads "I challenge ___ to a ranked battle"

Dexter
06-29-2019, 10:44 PM
We've put together a prototype of the LetsBeef V4 experience, and would really appreciate feedback from the LB community.

Please note this is a "user experience prototype", it doesn't actually function to allow you sign in or battle. The idea is help you understand how the design will look and work and get early feedback. You can access the prototype here: http://letsbeef.pixeldreams.com

After you check it out, please take 5 minutes to fill out the survey: https://forms.gle/rwKvBvaAXkJj5VZk9

Ahh Letsbeef version 4. I remember the first time you dropped the beta back in 2010 ish. Even back then we knew it would be a work in progress, I even made a pun or two about it in battles. I was like: "the day you spit something we haven't heard before, X will drop Letsbeef, version 4".. Good times

EtH
06-30-2019, 10:10 AM
Ahh Letsbeef version 4. I remember the first time you dropped the beta back in 2010 ish. Even back then we knew it would be a work in progress, I even made a pun or two about it in battles. I was like: "the day you spit something we haven't heard before, X will drop Letsbeef, version 4".. Good times

You only joined the site to extort the chedder,
I aint anonymous in claiming V4 vendettas,
What happened with the rebirth you campaigned with,
Your brother X fell flat with the exact same shit,
And you're old as hell you fucking deadbeat bitch,
Your skins more outddated than Letsbeef's is

- 2014 lyrics

Godbody
06-30-2019, 01:47 PM
Lmao 😂😂

Evil Twin
06-30-2019, 09:36 PM
I think this version now is so much better. but im old school on here. as long as us vets that have been here for 10 plus years dont lose our rank and titles Im sure we'd all enjoy, contribute and entertain the idea of switching over.

Seul
07-01-2019, 12:00 AM
I think this version now is so much better. but im old school on here. as long as us vets that have been here for 10 plus years dont lose our rank and titles Im sure we'd all enjoy, contribute and entertain the idea of switching over.

This^

Will our accolades and battles transfer over to the new site?

X
07-01-2019, 12:33 AM
This^

Will our accolades and battles transfer over to the new site?

Yes your accounts, battles, emcees, titles will transfer over. Rankings are still being decided upon, if we move to a new type of ranking system then the old rankings may not be relevant. Would like to hear feedback on this.

Seul
07-01-2019, 12:42 AM
Yes your accounts, battles, emcees, titles will transfer over. Rankings are still being decided upon, if we move to a new type of ranking system then the old rankings may not be relevant. Would like to hear feedback on this.

I think the ELO system Godbody mentioned earlier would be awesome, it's much better at calculating and displaying a true rank, compared to the current system, where people can just snipe new users to beef up their records.

Edgeworth
07-01-2019, 10:09 AM
Agreed I think ELO would give more purpose and motivation for big time battles to shake down outside of tourneys and events

I like the look of this update for sure. Much more user friendly for mobile. Gave it a bit more detail in the survey

RULE
07-01-2019, 10:20 AM
New site looks clean.

1/

OSKAR
07-01-2019, 03:48 PM

ELO sounds good. I’d personally reset the battle records and give everyone an even playing field. Only those with titles will have some sort of an advantage depending on what tourney they’ve won.

Eg:

Secondary Tournament win / orange title = +10 points
LBA/LBT title = +15 points
GC title = + 30 points

The numbers are random but you get the point. Also, on the plus side, we might finally get rid of BNAS with a record reset

The Saaxxx Baba
07-01-2019, 05:03 PM
seems dope man

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

This is totally relevant as the bug of the current ranking system has been known for and been taken advantage of for ages now.

Rican
09-22-2019, 09:51 PM
When is this coming?

~YuNg~
09-23-2019, 06:45 PM

@X when do you expect this to release? I understand when you do it will be a work in progress as you discover bugs and what not. But this shit is dope.

Óðinn
09-24-2019, 08:20 AM

Survey done :high:

Saii
09-25-2019, 04:37 PM
Said it once and I'll say it again, that shit fye. Well done guys. I feel like that's a site that would survive if launched

Student
09-26-2019, 06:41 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/7bfb351ec4bc4df813ddb9f692bf3d42/tenor.gif

X
09-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Thanks to everyone who filled out the survey and your feedback, credits will be sent out this weekend.

Will have updates to share soon.