PDA

View Full Version : Staff In Question Pt 1 - One RULE for some...

EtH
06-28-2019, 10:33 AM
So as many of you know, Punk was recently removed of his Hall of Fame title as a result of his account deletion. I have been informed that no matter what the general website wants, he will not be receiving his HOF back.

Muggz went as far as to close his Hall of Fame thread and delete any others, essentially insisting that no discussion on the topic will be tolerated.

When you look at Muggz' response to the thread, you will see where the staff's unwritten rule on account deletion / titles lies:-

In conclusion... PUNK* if you made 1 HOF account... surely u can make another...

From this comment, it is clear what he means. It is not the individual who earns Hall of Fame, but instead the individual account. I suppose that makes sense.

But that begs the question; where was this imposed in regards to former admin RULE?

https://i.postimg.cc/2SvQzZxv/Screenshot-2019-06-28-at-15-26-21.png

I don't remember the HOF induction for SToBBaRT or Wargrave? It's actually pretty surprising that someone with just 10 battles like Wargrave could actually be entered into the Hall of Fame.

Or perhaps, in the case of RULE, as well as Meta4/MahVulvas/So AmAzIn, and UNKNOWN ARTIST/YOU WISH, it was the individual who received Hall of Fame, and not the individual account.

https://i.postimg.cc/MpMwPy8C/Screenshot-2019-06-28-at-15-28-47.png
https://i.postimg.cc/25y0FwRW/Screenshot-2019-06-28-at-15-31-38.png

3 hall of famers, 9 hall of fame titles.

So if in these cases, which date back almost a decade+ on Letsbeef.com, it was the INDIVIDUAL who received a Hall of Fame title, and NOT the account...

Why isn't Punk in the Hall of Fame anymore?

Saii
06-28-2019, 10:36 AM
Wow. I've seen a lot of threads calling out the mods/admins. But this is a good, clean, and honest thread that deserves some answers and attention.

Pugz Joe MuGGz X Edgeworth Jimmy Hoffa Seul g u t s Student

Locchart
06-28-2019, 10:40 AM
RULE's SToBBaRT & Wargrave accounts & Meta4's multis shouldn't have HoF attached to them, tbh. That's just my honest opinion. Those accounts have nothing to warrant HoF consideration (at least you can say Revan won titles and has a long ass undefeated streak & YOU WISH has titles to it, as well).

But you are right about this, imo. It should be based off the accomplishments of the account if we're really gonna do it like this. I remember Manhattan was campaigning to have his GC from ShotsFired added to his Manhattan account citing this exact same reason, but he was turned down.

Also, idk how staff is in question as a whole when the majority of staff cannot do anything regarding title changes.

Punk
06-28-2019, 10:46 AM
Damn I should’ve made this point the moment people started complaining. The favouritism.

Saii
06-28-2019, 10:48 AM
RULE's SToBBaRT & Wargrave accounts & Meta4's multis shouldn't have HoF attached to them, tbh. That's just my honest opinion. Those accounts have nothing to warrant HoF consideration (at least you can say Revan won titles and has a long ass undefeated streak & YOU WISH has titles to it, as well).

But you are right about this, imo. It should be based off the accomplishments of the account if we're really gonna do it like this. I remember Manhattan was campaigning to have his GC from ShotsFired added to his Manhattan account citing this exact same reason, but he was turned down.

Also, idk how staff is in question as a whole when the majority of staff cannot do anything regarding title changes.

I think it's less about having the power to alter titles, and more about bringing this to the attention of people other than regular users. He can tell us all day about what's fair and what's not, but nothing will happen because we don't have the amount of influence y'all have. An admin is 10x more probable to listen to a mod than a member.

Also, as your job description stands, EtH (as a member) is supposed to voice his concerns about the site if he has any at any point in time to a mod, regardless of the issue in question.

Locchart
06-28-2019, 10:53 AM
I think it's less about having the power to alter titles, and more about bringing this to the attention of people other than regular users. He can tell us all day about what's fair and what's not, but nothing will happen because we don't have the amount of influence y'all have. An admin is 10x more probable to listen to a mod than a member.

Also, as your job description stands, EtH (as a member) is supposed to voice his concerns about the site if he has any at any point in time to a mod, regardless of the issue in question.

Fair point.

EtH brings up a good point, though. It should be looked at the same across all HoF accounts that have multis. If that multi has like a handful of battles with no accomplishments and they're all well below the level of the main account, then they shouldn't have a Hall of Famer title. They should obviously be acknowledged in the HoF thread, but not given a title. You don't see KATTWILLIAMS getting a HoF title simply for being stricc's multi.

EtH
06-28-2019, 10:57 AM
Fair point.

EtH brings up a good point, though. It should be looked at the same across all HoF accounts that have multis. If that multi has like a handful of battles with no accomplishments and they're all well below the level of the main account, then they shouldn't have a Hall of Famer title. They should obviously be acknowledged in the HoF thread, but not given a title. You don't see KATTWILLIAMS getting a HoF title simply for being stricc's multi.

6 HOF titles about to get stripped away from well known legend accounts just to avoid giving Punk his Hall of Fame back.

This regime is wild.

Edit: How about instead of changing things that have been in place for an entire decade, we just uphold then? Crazy thought, I know.

Locchart
06-28-2019, 11:01 AM
6 HOF titles about to get stripped away from well known legend accounts just to avoid giving Punk his Hall of Fame back.

This regime is wild.

I just made a point and it hasn't even been discussed anywhere yet by staff.

If you really believe a Wargrave account with all of 10 battles to it deserves to have a HoF title to it, then idk what to tell you.

EtH
06-28-2019, 11:03 AM
I just made a point and it hasn't even been discussed anywhere yet by staff.

If you really believe a Wargrave account with all of 10 battles to it deserves to have a HoF title to it, then idk what to tell you.

If you really believe that RULE becomes an entirely different human being when he logs into a new account, then idk what to tell you.

Campaigning to have it removed is like claiming Cassius Clay shouldn't be in the HOF, only Muhammad Ali.

Also your Manhattan comparison is false as GC titles have never been exchanged and have always been stuck to one account. As you can see, HOF has always been different.

Saii
06-28-2019, 11:04 AM

This regime is wild.

Wellllll I have to interject EtH. You shedding light on this issue might ensure the actual true multi-account rule gets upheld and those accounts will be changed or altered accordingly. I don't think shedding light on the issue will make them further ignore the rule for yet another account.

Even though Punk is my boy...I think getting called out will encourage them to fix the wrongdoings, not further them by adding Punk. Maybe they will add Punk back to the HOF, but this thread isn't a petition to give Punk his title back. It more-so calls out the unfair treatment and the need to fix the accounts that have been wrongly gifted titles if they're not going to grant Punk his spot.

Locchart
06-28-2019, 11:07 AM
If you really believe that RULE becomes an entirely different human being when he logs into a new account, then idk what to tell you.

Campaigning to have it removed is like claiming Cassius Clay shouldn't be in the HOF, only Muhammad Ali.

Also your Manhattan comparison is false as GC titles have never been exchanged and have always been stuck to one account. As you can see, HOF has always been different.

So you're telling me that when I eventually get nominated for the HoF that my Danny Tanner account gets a nice little HoF title added to it, too, all because it's the same person?

That's the issue I have with this: Danny has jack shit on that account, but it has the same person writing the bars on it. Why then should it have a HoF title? If anything, that devalues the title itself by having it on multi accounts with nothing in terms of accomplishment.

Saii
06-28-2019, 11:15 AM
So you're telling me that when I eventually get nominated for the HoF that my Danny Tanner account gets a nice little HoF title added to it, too, all because it's the same person?

That's the issue I have with this: Danny has jack shit on that account, but it has the same person writing the bars on it. Why then should it have a HoF title? If anything, that devalues the title itself by having it on multi accounts with nothing in terms of accomplishment.

Back.....the fuck......UPPPPP

You're Danny Tanner??? :eek:

Locchart
06-28-2019, 11:17 AM
Back.....the fuck......UPPPPP

You're Danny Tanner??? :eek:

See this is exactly my point: I use Danny to drop some TROLLISH scheme verses. No one associates it with me because everyone knows damn well I don't write like that, but since it's the same person, it's eligible for the HoF??? Nah.

EtH
06-28-2019, 11:20 AM

So you're telling me that the entire HOF title has been in absolute ruins for years because both Revan and RULE have a title at the same time?

Whether you agree with it or not, it's been like that for a decade. You either wish to create a new rule entirely due to this Punk situation and remove their HOF titles....or just uphold the rule (which of course yous wouldn't do, because we wouldn't need a thread then right?).

Saii
06-28-2019, 11:21 AM
See this is exactly my point: I use Danny to drop some TROLLISH scheme verses. No one associates it with me because everyone knows damn well I don't write like that, but since it's the same person, it's eligible for the HoF??? Nah.

I think a new rule should be put into effect to combat this then.

If you want to be Hall of Fame, you must choose 1 account for the title, and all others get deleted.

This ensures that people will think twice before begging for HOF because they know they can't have 4-5 accounts magically pop up with HOF spots. And it also adds credibility to the account being enshrined, almost the same as a blue verified tick on Instagram or Twitter. If they can't survive in this world without their 5-6 multis accounts, then they can't be HOF. It's a great honor, and a great sacrifice at the same time.

Locchart
06-28-2019, 11:27 AM
So you're telling me that the entire HOF title has been in absolute ruins for years because both Revan and RULE have a title at the same time?

Whether you agree with it or not, it's been like that for a decade. You either wish to create a new rule entirely due to this Punk situation and remove their HOF titles....or just uphold the rule (which of course yous wouldn't do, because we wouldn't need a thread then right?).

This has nothing to do with Revan and RULE. It's the Stobbart and Wargrave accounts I'm using as an example.

And just because it's been like that for a decade doesn't mean it has been right for a decade. The Punk situation turned in to something that isn't even the main point of this conversation, tbh. Keep in mind, I'm one of the folks who voted yes on his induction and still think he deserves it because his induction is for Track, not Text or Audio.

That's the part where I see issue with Stobbart, Wargrave, MahVulus, and So Amazin in the HoF: The accounts from RULE and Meta4 that actually accomplished something (RULE, Revan, Meta4) are the ones that deserve the HoF title. Not the multis that have an unspectacular resume to them or almost no resume to them at all.

OSKAR
Or how about when the discussion on punk was happening the staff team where not around the time the HOF was initiated and had absolutely no idea or remembered that RULE (& other old heads)has HOF across 4 accounts?

Rather than generalising everyone under the ‘staff umbrella’ trying to create a conspiracy theory as you’ve always done, consider that different people had different beliefs about HOF then and different people have different beliefs now. ‘Regimes’ change and with that comes a different perspective of things.

Edgeworth
Imagine thinking the current mod team is somehow responsible for the RULE/UA decisions made at the time.

Mod teams change. Views on things change. I don’t see what’s wrong with changing rules? (If that’s what we decide to do), like, why is that negative? Why is it better to continue a tradition just because it exists even if it makes no sense?

EtH
06-28-2019, 11:30 AM
Sorry Hall of Famers, because Punk isn't allowed in the HOF anymore yous have to lose your titles.

Edgeworth
06-28-2019, 11:30 AM
Sorry Hall of Famers, because Punk isn't allowed in the HOF anymore yous have to lose your titles.

You know you’re stretching this just to troll.

OSKAR
06-28-2019, 11:31 AM
Classic EtH though.

When good points are raised he resorts to trolling. Your obsession to always expose staff is actually sad and pathetic brah

Pugz
06-28-2019, 11:32 AM
eth has proven himself to be a certified troll.. he lost my respect and attention a long time ago.. we will reverse any double hof accounts so dont worry

EtH
06-28-2019, 11:34 AM
EtH is just a troll. Nothing he says has any merit or is worth any thought.

*Precedes to change multiple things on the site*

OSKAR
06-28-2019, 11:35 AM
Well your initial stand was to award punk HOF because it’s an individual award not an account exclusive.

Quite evidently, nothing you say is taken serious cause they going the opposite direction

EtH
06-28-2019, 11:37 AM
I just want to thank Punk for inspiring decade old rules on the site to be changed. Not many people command that kind of power.

OSKAR
06-28-2019, 11:38 AM
Well he was saying Fuck the old heads. That’s what they doing by stripping them their titles

Locchart
06-28-2019, 11:39 AM
Now Wargrave can earn his HoF title back.

Punk
06-28-2019, 11:40 AM
Fuck the old heads

Joe MuGGz
06-28-2019, 11:46 AM
Or how about when the discussion on punk was happening the staff team where not around the time the HOF was initiated and had absolutely no idea or remembered that RULE (& other old heads)has HOF across 4 accounts?

Rather than generalising everyone under the ‘staff umbrella’ trying to create a conspiracy theory as you’ve always done, consider that different people had different beliefs about HOF then and different people have different beliefs now. ‘Regimes’ change and with that comes a different perspective of things.

Thank you.
Clearly this was done by staff that is no longer active.

The current staff and admin are going to work as a team from here on out. Get shit done.

Joe MuGGz
06-28-2019, 11:50 AM
I just want to thank Punk for inspiring decade old rules on the site to be changed. Not many people command that kind of power.

Change is good.

I'm concerned that you actually had time to discover this, but thanks.

In your 10984309820 attempt to discredit the staff, you actually did some good by saying something.

Of course u look stupid blaming staff members that had nothing to do with it, but whatever.

Punk
06-28-2019, 11:52 AM
Regardless of when it was done, why do y’all focus so much on my title but don’t look at other accounts with the same shit? Lol

It’s clear that whenever I’m FAIRLY roasting you guys, you find anyway to fight back with your powers lol. Just take your verbal beatings like men and get over it. If I was someone you tools actually liked, like RULE or UA this wouldn’t be a problem.

Edgeworth
06-28-2019, 12:03 PM
How are we focusing on you? We are merely responding to the thread(S) made by EtH. He also made a thread about RULE and UA (this one) and now we are taking action on that as well.

Punk
06-28-2019, 12:04 PM
How are we focusing on you? We are merely responding to the thread(S) made by EtH. He also made a thread about RULE and UA (this one) and now we are taking action on that as well.

I’m specifically talking about Guts and Muggz, not any other staff member. Let me correct that.

Qnnuendo
06-28-2019, 12:37 PM
Good point.

Saii
06-28-2019, 12:42 PM
Good point.

Who is this guy? Lmao

Locchart
06-28-2019, 12:42 PM
Who is this guy? Lmao

Rican.

Saii
06-28-2019, 01:42 PM
Rican.

Surprised he hasn't been shot with the ban shotgun yet. Welcome back Rican.

EtH
06-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Surprised he hasn't been shot with the ban shotgun yet. Welcome back Rican.

Pugz was putting pressure on g u t s to unban him last I heard.

J u s T C
06-28-2019, 06:33 PM
Multis when your Main is active/exsists shouldn't have HoF.

You delete your Main, comeback under a new acc thats verifiable as the Original HoF holder then theres absolutely NO reason not to get your Title back. You're supposed to support and encourage return members for activity sake, especially when they fucking earned what they are asking for in the 1st place, jesus.

Edit. And to close his thread WHY? What a petty pointless move. Leave it the fuck alone. What do you gain from that? Absolutely fucking baffling decision, if true.

NOBLE
06-28-2019, 07:21 PM
The difference between Punk and all those other Hall of Famers is that they never deleted their accounts. I'm neither arguing for nor against the multi-accounts of Hall of Famers having the title, but what I can say is that it has been that way for the longest (HoF multi accounts also bearing the title). Jimmy Hoffa Manhattan was turned down for his request to have his GC title on his alternate account because it's not a HoF title. Only HoF titles have been treated that way where all accounts bear them, even the ones where they weren't earned on. Again, I'm not saying that's how it should be, just saying that's how it's been.
As far as account deletions, people shouldn't be allowed to delete their accounts then come back and rock titles they earned on the old account. Every time someone, especially a long-standing member deletes their account, it's a loss for all of us in terms of forum and battle history. Them coming back on a new account doesn't bring back all of that history. Giving them back the titles is almost like rewarding them. We don't want people to delete their accounts but the option must be there so that the site is GDRP compliant. Rewarding people who have deleted their accounts and come back is counterproductive towards that goal. What's the point of us not wanting people to delete their accounts but yet when they do they can come back and be rewarded and honored? This isn't anything personal against Punk or anyone else. But you should all really think about if that's the direction you want the site to go in.

EtH
06-28-2019, 07:41 PM
Fun fact; I wanted tracks deleted while banned but NOBLE said he wouldn't unban me so he offered to delete my account instead which he did.

J u s T C
06-28-2019, 07:42 PM
The difference between Punk and all those other Hall of Famers is that they never deleted their accounts. I'm neither arguing for nor against the multi-accounts of Hall of Famers having the title, but what I can say is that it has been that way for the longest (HoF multi accounts also bearing the title). @Jimmy Hoffa (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=906233) Manhattan was turned down for his request to have his GC title on his alternate account because it's not a HoF title. Only HoF titles have been treated that way where all accounts bear them, even the ones where they weren't earned on. Again, I'm not saying that's how it should be, just saying that's how it's been.
As far as account deletions, people shouldn't be allowed to delete their accounts then come back and rock titles they earned on the old account. Every time someone, especially a long-standing member deletes their account, it's a loss for all of us in terms of forum and battle history. Them coming back on a new account doesn't bring back all of that history. Giving them back the titles is almost like rewarding them. We don't want people to delete their accounts but the option must be there so that the site is GDRP compliant. Rewarding people who have deleted their accounts and come back is counterproductive towards that goal. What's the point of us not wanting people to delete their accounts but yet when they do they can come back and be rewarded and honored? This isn't anything personal against Punk or anyone else. But you should all really think about if that's the direction you want the site to go in.

This is the last ill speak on it because I been bk n forth in chat.

The sites dead, I get where you're coming from but they aren't in the position to make that call and have the site go from strength. Cutting your nose to spite your face. The sites in the dumps.

NOBLE
06-28-2019, 07:51 PM
Fun fact; I wanted tracks deleted while banned but NOBLE said he wouldn't unban me so he offered to delete my account instead which he did.

I honestly don't remember, but if you agreed to have your banned account deleted so that your tracks would be erased as a secondary option to being unbanned so you can remove them yourself, sounds like something I would've done. Either way, what does that "fun fact" have to do with the discussion about people getting titles they earned from their deleted accounts?

Punk
06-28-2019, 07:53 PM
Now it’s all about the account a person earned it on, not their actual name. Lol lord man

Joe MuGGz
06-28-2019, 09:17 PM
This is the last ill speak on it because I been bk n forth in chat.

The sites dead, I get where you're coming from but they aren't in the position to make that call and have the site go from strength. Cutting your nose to spite your face. The sites in the dumps.

You have 4 battles.. since 2012...

way to do your part

Joe MuGGz
06-28-2019, 09:19 PM
Now it’s all about the account a person earned it on, not their actual name. Lol lord man

4 days to finally understand... that's retard status.

J u s T C
06-28-2019, 09:43 PM

way to do your part

The fact that you're an admin, who's been here just as long as I have, and still jump to posting that conclusion brings the irony of your jab at my activity into stark contrast. It also kinda shows just how out of touch you are with how members of these types of sites all too regularly conduct themselves on them.

I'll let you figure it out for yourself.

Punk
06-28-2019, 10:02 PM

way to do your part

You’re forgetting that he was also mod around the same time of your time stamps. This is a terrible response. Almost embarrassing seeing that you already knew that.

Student
06-29-2019, 12:03 AM
The difference between Punk and all those other Hall of Famers is that they never deleted their accounts. I'm neither arguing for nor against the multi-accounts of Hall of Famers having the title, but what I can say is that it has been that way for the longest (HoF multi accounts also bearing the title). @Jimmy Hoffa (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=906233) Manhattan was turned down for his request to have his GC title on his alternate account because it's not a HoF title. Only HoF titles have been treated that way where all accounts bear them, even the ones where they weren't earned on. Again, I'm not saying that's how it should be, just saying that's how it's been.
THIS. 100%

@P u n k (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=907420) wasn't removed from the HoF, he forfeited his right to his HoF title by deleting his account, if Bleu were to return he would receive the same treatment. Nothing personal to both of them, they're both extremely creative but for their own reasons they decided to delete their accounts.

Also @Joe MuGGz (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=38555) didn't close Punk's HOF Induction page: https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161734 it remains up and it wasn't previously closed. Bleu's is also up as account deletion shouldn't affect site history (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164234)

Like @NOBLE (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=880334) said, the HOF title has traditionally been awarded to several multiple accounts of some HOF users (See OP. for who) but there's no official rule about multiple accounts NOT being able to hold HOF titles. If you've spent enough time on here, dropped BARS, brought about content, changes, feedback, etc. to earn a Hall of Famer title then I think you've earned yourself a small perk of being about to display it on your (usually known) multiple accounts.

I'm up to put it to a vote but I agree with NOBLE's point about not encouraging users to delete their accounts, deleting site history, battles (especially tournament ones) forum posts, votes, etc. and one way we try to do this atm. is by not granting users who have deleted their accounts to get their titles back.

Denton
06-29-2019, 03:17 AM
Just give the man his titles