PDA

View Full Version : SOME QUICK ANNOUNCEMENTS

joan of arc
06-11-2019, 04:10 PM
for starters:

please private message me about any information you have on bugs with this site. anything not working, fucky, anything, please message me and explain.

some current glitches/bugs i've found

1. can't start audio cyphers
2. can't search for old cyphers
3. an audio battle in exclusive couldn't be responded too

next up:

i'm starting the LB podcast again. if you want to help run/ manage/ or edit this, please let me know. if you want to be featured, again, @ me below.

in addition, i will also be starting up the lb radio again. same thing about helping, all help would be appreciated, just @ me below.

1. how do i get my music on the lb radio?

submit your soundcloud link to me via private message. i will review it and like/share on the lb soundcloud. if the audio quality is acceptable, i will give it a spot on that weeks radio cycle.

and finally:

a new rule is being written, and it might not be up yet, but just know it's covering "ghostwriting" it's never been clarified in the rules before, but will be now.

1. what is ghost writing?

having somebody else come up with the exact/similar wording of your set up and punches. brainstorming your bars for you essentially.

2. what if i ask for a bar to be reviewed, and i fix it based on suggestion?

this is not ghostwriting, however, there is a fine line. you should ALWAYS put things in your own wording. do not use anything exact, as it was suggested to you. it's pretty clear when the bar starts to become someone else based off how much content they replace of your original bar.

3. how do i review somebodies bar to avoid any "ghostwriting"?

when giving a review, be vague and brief. if the wording is weird, say that. if the punch doesn't make sense, then say that. but don't re work the bar and show them how it would work better. just tell them what doesn't work.

EtH
06-11-2019, 06:39 PM
Lol

Side note: The biggest dicks on LB are those youre running lines with, trying to get the right wording or execution to a concept, then they drop it themselves. Like cheers mate, now I cant use it.

HVK
06-11-2019, 07:13 PM
3. how do i review somebodies bar to avoid any "ghostwriting"?

when giving a review, be vague and brief. if the wording is weird, say that. if the punch doesn't make sense, then say that. but don't re work the bar and show them how it would work better. just tell them what doesn't work.

WHENEVER IVE TUTORED IN THA PAST I NORMALLY CRITIQUE BARS FROM BATTLES THAT HAVE ALREADY ENDED, THAT WAY YOU CAN SHOW THEM HOW THA BAR COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER AS THA VERSE HAS ALREADY BEEN USED.

THIS IS GOOD THO g u t s, AN IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE LB RADIO BACK AGAIN, GOOD WORK DUDE.:)

Shodan
06-11-2019, 07:15 PM
Our high school English teachers always told us to put things in our own words. That applies here too