PDA

View Full Version : Proposal for new rule.

Shodan
06-11-2019, 11:41 AM
In my opinion, members of the Fair Voters Club should be obligated to vote on ALL tournament battles, and removed from the FVC if they repeatedly fail to do so.

I don't have any clue as to how well-known this is, but HVK - who is effectively the head of the FVC - holds us to a 20-votes-per month quota. If we fail to meet that quota, we stop being members of the FVC.

Tournament battles are THE most important battles on LetsBeef, bar none. And yet, with depressingly few exceptions, tournament battles don't get many more votes than non-tournament battles of comparable quality. It's not rare for tournament battles to get FEWER votes. This is totally unacceptable.

And, yes, this proposal has been inspired and motivated by the relative lack of votes (3 at the moment) on my currently open concept battle with Danny Tanner. But just because I have somewhat selfish reasons for putting forth this idea doesn't make it any less valid.

joan of arc
06-11-2019, 12:16 PM
i agree to this personally. it's all up to hvk though.
HVK how do you feel about this?

HVK
06-11-2019, 01:14 PM
TOURNAMENTS ARE IMPORTANT NO DOUBT AND I TOTALLY AGREE WIT Shodan ABOUT THAT...... THA ONLY ISSUE I HAVE WITH THIS IS THA FACT OF ACTIVITY, WHEN YOUR PARTICIPATING IN A TOURNAMENT ITS ALOT EASIER TO STAY ACTIVE AND VOTE DURING THAT 3-5 DAY WINDOW THAT TOURNAMENT BATTLES ARE OUT. WE ALL HAVE LIVES AND SOMETIMES FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER WE ARE UNABLE TO LOG ON, I HAD AN ISSUE A FEW WEEKS BACK WHEN MY KID GOT RUSHED TO HOSPITAL AN I WASNT ONLINE FOR ALMOST A WEEK. SO IF SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPENED TO AN FVC MEMBER THEN WHAT THEY'D BE AUTOMATICALLY REMOVED?, THAT TO ME DOSEN'T SEEM 100% FAIR...... IM WILLING TO IMPLEMENT A RULE REGARDING TOURNAMENTS BUT DEFINATELY NOT ''EVERY'' SINGLE FVC MEMBER TO VOTE ON ''EVERY'' SINGLE TOURNAMENT BATTLE, THERE HAS TO BE SOME LEE-WAY IMO. I GIVE PLENTY OF LEE-WAY IN TERMS OF THA 20VOTE QUOTA REQUIRED BY EACH FVC MEMBER, AN Shodan YOU YOURSELF ONLY SUCCESSFULLY HIT THA TARGET 1 MONTH IN THA LAST 3 OR 4 AND YOUR STILL HERE. SOMETIMES SHIT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE AN PPL (like yourself a few months back) HIT ME UP ABOUT IT AN WARNED ME ABOUT UPCOMING INACTIVITY, AND THATS COOL, BUT SOMETIMES SHIT HAPPENS WIT NO WARNING AND I DONT WANNA START GETTIN TRIGGERHAPPY WIT THA FVC COZ IT WILL SPIRAL DOWNWARDS.

I'D BE MORE INCLINED TO MAKE IT MANDATORY FOR FVC TO VOTE ON TOURNAMENT QUARTER-FINALS, SEMI-FINALS AND THEN THA FINAL. AND ANY PREVIOUS ROUNDS THEY GET TIME FOR, STAFF I WOULD MAKE IT MANDATORY TO VOTE ON ALL ROUNDS OF A TOURNAMENT. I SPENT ALL OF YESTERDAY GETTIN THA BATTLES UP TO DATE IN THA MAIN ARENA AND NOW THA SITE HAS NO BATTLES OUTDATED AN I WANT TO KEEP IT THAT WAY, I STILL WANT FVC TO VOTE ON THA MAIN BATTLE ARENA, IF WE MADE YOUR RULE HAPPEN THEN DURING TOURNEY MONTHS THA MAIN ARENA WILL HAVE LITTLE TO NO VOTES, I WOULD LIKE MORE OF AN EVEN SPREAD TBH.

I ALSO THINK HAVING AN AUDIO TOURNAMENT POSTED ON THA TEXT SIDE WHICH IS STILL INFRONT OF THA CONCEPT HAS CAPPED A FEW VOTERS FROM VOTING.

IM OPEN TO DISCUSS THIS THO.

joan of arc
06-11-2019, 01:24 PM
I ALSO THINK HAVING AN AUDIO TOURNAMENT POSTED ON THA TEXT SIDE WHICH IS STILL INFRONT OF THA CONCEPT HAS CAPPED A FEW VOTERS FROM VOTING.

IM OPEN TO DISCUSS THIS THO.

i think you're 100 percent right on this, and that's my fuck up, in case everyone didn't know. BUT, i'm pretty sure x is going to fix this pretty soon.

as far as the rest i mostly agree with you, we do need more votes on tourn from fvc, but, being so draconian will lead to 0 members in the fvc.

i think i fair balance is to ask the fvc to vote on every single one, with no mandatory regulation, but just take personal note of who takes the request seriously.

side note: i think fvc shouldn't be in crews, or perhaps fvc/staff could be immune to the rules of "no voting on crew members battles"

the rule is antiquated in a lot of ways itself, for example, i'm closer with some folk here then a lot of people in my crew. i brought in some heavy weights like skizzo and esso to train rookies i also dont really know, so voting on an esso battle, i'm not biased at all, i've hardly spoken with him, and voting on my rookies, i want to be as blunt and honest as possible with them to help them improve, and yes

that's all just biased to me, but, i think it's worth playing around with the idea if fvc/staff can vote on any battle to help with the lack of votes. if not, maybe fvc being crewless could help idk.

ALL-BORO
06-11-2019, 03:05 PM
In my opinion, members of the Fair Voters Club should be obligated to vote on ALL tournament battles, and removed from the FVC if they repeatedly fail to do so.

I don't have any clue as to how well-known this is, but HVK - who is effectively the head of the FVC - holds us to a 20-votes-per month quota. If we fail to meet that quota, we stop being members of the FVC.

Tournament battles are THE most important battles on LetsBeef, bar none. And yet, with depressingly few exceptions, tournament battles don't get many more votes than non-tournament battles of comparable quality. It's not rare for tournament battles to get FEWER votes. This is totally unacceptable.

And, yes, this proposal has been inspired and motivated by the relative lack of votes (3 at the moment) on my currently open concept battle with Danny Tanner. But just because I have somewhat selfish reasons for putting forth this idea doesn't make it any less valid.

Just for the record i have been doing my best to support all tornament battles. Some of them i missed so my apologies to those i didnt hit up. It sucks when you work hard at putting the work in and virtually no one votes, i know i get it. I feel the same way and as far as shodan is concerned he NEVER votes on any of my matches basic or tournament. It doesnt matter to me if i get a vote or not i just really appreciate when guys at least acknowledge my matches the same way i recognize theirs. But that doesnt deter me from voting i have just been busy lately tho i plan on stepping it up

Brayne Ded
06-11-2019, 05:36 PM
I think HVK can confirm this but all I've voted on recently is tournament battles. About the only thing worth voting on nowadays.

HVK
06-11-2019, 05:59 PM
I think HVK can confirm this but all I've voted on recently is tournament battles. About the only thing worth voting on nowadays.

I DID SEE ONE VOTE ON THA MAIN ARENA WHERE YOU BASICALLY SAID SUMMIT LIKE ''YOU CRITISIZE MY LYRICS AN YOU DROP SHIT LIKE THAT, DICKHEAD!'' OR SOMETHIN OF THAT MAGNITUDE LMAO, DID MAKE ME LOL.

BUT YEAH YOU DO FOCUS ON TOURNEYS, SHAME THO COZ YOUR VOTES ARE AWESOME WHEN YOU GO DEEP INTO CRITIQUE.

HVK
06-11-2019, 07:23 PM
side note: i think fvc shouldn't be in crews, or perhaps fvc/staff could be immune to the rules of "no voting on crew members battles"

THIS IS THA REASON I AM AND WILL CONTINUE TO REMAIN CREWLESS SO I CAN LITERALLY VOTE ON ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING...... IM NOT GONNA MAKE IT A RULE FOR FVC MEMBERS THO AS THAT COULD DETER SOME PPL FROM EVEN WANTIN TO BE IN THA FVC. IT SHOULD BE A PERSONAL CHOICE IMO.

I JUS DONT LIKE THA IDEA OF THA FVC LOSING A GREAT VOTER FOR THA SIMPLE REASON THAT THEY WANT TO BE IN A CREW, JUS SEEMS A BIT SILLY TO ME.

APPRECIATE ALL THIS FEED AN IDEAS THO, KEEP IT COMIN.

HVK
06-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Just for the record i have been doing my best to support all tornament battles. Some of them i missed so my apologies to those i didnt hit up. It sucks when you work hard at putting the work in and virtually no one votes, i know i get it. I feel the same way and as far as shodan is concerned he NEVER votes on any of my matches basic or tournament. It doesnt matter to me if i get a vote or not i just really appreciate when guys at least acknowledge my matches the same way i recognize theirs. But that doesnt deter me from voting i have just been busy lately tho i plan on stepping it up

YOU VOTE ACROSS ALL THA BATTLE ARENAS WHICH I APPRECIATE ALOT, ALL-BORO AND THA FVC ARE A GREAT MATCH.

Shodan
06-11-2019, 08:12 PM
I think there's a serious argument to be made for abolishing crews altogether. Much like companies only benefit the public when they're competing, crews only benefit the site when they're beefing. At the moment, LB's userbase is too small to support multiple "warring" communities. Crews don't seem to serve much purpose other than decreasing vote counts. And, yes, I realize that this is a hypocritical statement on my part, since I'm currently in a crew with other members.

I also agree that if FVC members become required to vote on all tournament battles, they should receive some leeway. Nobody should be kicked from the FVC for not voting on Bnas vs Anarchist in the first round of the One Bar tournament because their child died of AIDS. But they shouldn't receive so much leeway that the rule might as well not exist.

HVK
06-11-2019, 09:46 PM
I think there's a serious argument to be made for abolishing crews altogether. Much like companies only benefit the public when they're competing, crews only benefit the site when they're beefing. At the moment, LB's userbase is too small to support multiple "warring" communities. Crews don't seem to serve much purpose other than decreasing vote counts. And, yes, I realize that this is a hypocritical statement on my part, since I'm currently in a crew with other members.

I also agree that if FVC members become required to vote on all tournament battles, they should receive some leeway. Nobody should be kicked from the FVC for not voting on Bnas vs Anarchist in the first round of the One Bar tournament because their child died of AIDS. But they shouldn't receive so much leeway that the rule might as well not exist.

YOU ARE ON POINT ABOUT THA CREW SITUATION AND I FULLY AGREE WITH YOUR ANALYSIS.... THA ONLY WAY I CAN SEE CREWS BEING A BENEFIT FOR THA SITE IN THIS CURRENT MOMENT IS FROM A 'NEW ACCOUNT' POINT OF VIEW, THA NEWER GUYS ARE MORE LIKELY TO WANT THIS AS A FEATURE TO USE BEFORE THEY REALIZE DOWN THA LINE THAT ITS POINTLESS, IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN LOL.

SO WITH REGARDS TO YOUR ORIGINAL POST AND MY ORIGINAL RESPONSE, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON MY COUNTER OFFER? IT WOULD BE MANDATORY FOR FVC MEMBERS TO VOTE ON QUARTER-FINALS ONWARDS OF EVERY LETSBEEF TOURNAMENT TEXT AND AUDIO, IF THEY MISS THIS TARGET 2 TOURNAMENTS IN A ROW WITHOUT PRE-WARNING ME ABOUT UPCOMING INACTIVITY THEN THAT WOULD LEAD TO A REMOVAL FROM THA CLUB, THEY WOULD ALSO BE REQUIRED TO VOTE ON AT LEAST 2 BATTLES IN EVERY ROUND BEFORE THA QUARTER-FINAL STAGE...... I WOULD ALSO MAKE THIS RULE FOR STAFF MEMBERS ASWELL.

WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS Shodan?

Shodan
06-11-2019, 11:05 PM
IT WOULD BE MANDATORY FOR FVC MEMBERS TO VOTE ON QUARTER-FINALS ONWARDS OF EVERY LETSBEEF TOURNAMENT TEXT AND AUDIO, IF THEY MISS THIS TARGET 2 TOURNAMENTS IN A ROW WITHOUT PRE-WARNING ME ABOUT UPCOMING INACTIVITY THEN THAT WOULD LEAD TO A REMOVAL FROM THA CLUB, THEY WOULD ALSO BE REQUIRED TO VOTE ON AT LEAST 2 BATTLES IN EVERY ROUND BEFORE THA QUARTER-FINAL STAGE

This isn't exactly what I would have come up with, but it's fine in my opinion, except that I think it should be like 2 tournaments out of the last 5 or something, rather than two in a row. Otherwise you could have people only meeting their tournament quota in every other tournament...

Edgeworth
06-11-2019, 11:30 PM
This shouldn’t have to really be a written rule. If this suggested requirement isn’t being satisfied organically it means the wrong people are in the FVC. However, I’m on board with it as a bit of a “kick in the pants” measure. Drop votes people.

Shodan
06-11-2019, 11:46 PM
This shouldn’t have to really be a written rule. If this suggested requirement isn’t being satisfied organically it means the wrong people are in the FVC. However, I’m on board with it as a bit of a “kick in the pants” measure. Drop votes people.

There shouldn't need to be a written rule for police officers that says "Don't blindly use excessive force / shoot bystanders who don't appear to be posing any threat / pull over motorists simply for being black / plant drugs on people to boost your department statistics". And yet we still have bodycams.

Edgeworth
06-11-2019, 11:58 PM
There shouldn't need to be a written rule for police officers that says "Don't blindly use excessive force / shoot bystanders who don't appear to be posing any threat / pull over motorists simply for being black / plant drugs on people to boost your department statistics". And yet we still have bodycams.

Because much like this rule and the FVC, the wrong people are in the police force. Lol. Regardless this rule should be added to try and wake up the voters.

HVK
06-12-2019, 01:08 AM
This isn't exactly what I would have come up with, but it's fine in my opinion, except that I think it should be like 2 tournaments out of the last 5 or something, rather than two in a row. Otherwise you could have people only meeting their tournament quota in every other tournament...

OK I ACTUALLY LIKE THAT PATTERN, WHAT I SUGGESTED WASNT SET IN STONE IT WAS JUST AN OPENING OFFER SO TO SPEAK..... I'LL START THROWING OUT SOME PMs AN GET THIS SHIT STARTED.

HVK
06-12-2019, 01:13 AM

^^ NOW THAT WAS A FUNNY RESPONSE!

THA CURRENT CROP ARE FINE I JUS GOTTA DO SOME CHASING UP..... IF YOURSELF, Jimmy Hoffa AND Seul HAD BEEN A LIL MORE LOYAL AN NOT SOLD OUT TO THA STAFF TEAM THEN THIS SHIT WOULD BE A LIL EASIER......:D

I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOUR COMIN FROM THO DUDE AND I SEE YOUR POINT OF VIEW, GIVE ME A LIL TIME.

THIS MONTH IS THA ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THA CURRENT FVC, ITS SURVIVING LOL.

Edgeworth
06-12-2019, 03:58 AM
^^ NOW THAT WAS A FUNNY RESPONSE!

THA CURRENT CROP ARE FINE I JUS GOTTA DO SOME CHASING UP..... IF YOURSELF, Jimmy Hoffa AND Seul HAD BEEN A LIL MORE LOYAL AN NOT SOLD OUT TO THA STAFF TEAM THEN THIS SHIT WOULD BE A LIL EASIER......:D

I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOUR COMIN FROM THO DUDE AND I SEE YOUR POINT OF VIEW, GIVE ME A LIL TIME.

THIS MONTH IS THA ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THA CURRENT FVC, ITS SURVIVING LOL.

Oh, no worries here. That wasn’t a shot at you or anyone in the FVC. Just more of a general, philosophical take on it.

KG The Prince
06-12-2019, 08:48 AM
You impatient fucks lol. Few more days and I can drop that wisdom

Prodi G
06-13-2019, 12:33 AM
Note:
- I cannot vote on audio battles, I don’t have a computer and do it from my shitty old iPad, which doesn’t allow me to play the audio (speakers are broken as well as headphone jack).
- Some concept battles are top fucking confusing, such as the Harry Potter one.
- Some of my votes got left as comments instead.