PDA

View Full Version : REVIVE TOPICAL BATTLES

joan of arc
01-08-2019, 06:17 AM
IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN TOPICAL BATTLES CURRENTLY?

i think i would be. i'd like to bring this concept back. if you're interested in doing topical battles, or just writing a topical verse, go ahead and leave your thoughts or support in this thread.

in the mean time i'm calling out Shodan to a topical battle. let's get it, fam!

Row
01-08-2019, 07:11 AM
Lol man

joan of arc
01-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Lol man

i know it's prob boring or a joke for old cats, but i never really heard of or fucked with topical, so this shit seems cool to me. lol.

Row
01-08-2019, 08:22 AM
topical was my number one reason for signing on here, but its been dead sadly, and wont see the light of day again

EtH
01-08-2019, 11:58 AM
And yet Row was never involved in an actual topical battle.

Row
01-08-2019, 01:13 PM
And yet Row was never involved in an actual topical battle.

every anonymous topical tournament

AND beat dono for the title, so hush hush

Shodan
01-08-2019, 01:31 PM
I accept your challenge, guts.

EtH
01-08-2019, 04:32 PM
every anonymous topical tournament

AND beat dono for the title, so hush hush

Yeah but who voted that knew about topicals? Legit I was just talking shit so yiu can educate me, did they run it in the forums or tourney bracket?

I recall you were half decent at topicals. Shame how it all turned out cause you're not the only one who was crazy invested.

Row
01-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Yeah but who voted that knew about topicals? Legit I was just talking shit so yiu can educate me, did they run it in the forums or tourney bracket?

I recall you were half decent at topicals. Shame how it all turned out cause you're not the only one who was crazy invested.

it was a shame

only the one 2 fuel one was in a tourney bracket, the rest were forums

Locchart
01-08-2019, 07:51 PM
it was a shame

only the one 2 fuel one was in a tourney bracket, the rest were forums

Audio topicals were ran in the brackets, as well, as was the one that Revan won.

EtH
01-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Audio makes sense as there are no limitations that the audio would provide.

Forcing people to conform to LBish texter stuff by using the battle box was a complete joke.

Locchart
01-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Audio makes sense as there are no limitations that the audio would provide.

Forcing people to conform to LBish texter stuff by using the battle box was a complete joke.

NOBLE what's the possibility of an audio topical tournament coming back around?

B U R D E N
05-07-2019, 12:49 AM
Cecil Alzie Dragun Apollyon Subreal -RED-BARON- nine7eight Orochi nickleshanandan

Anybody that's been here long enough, knows that I'm no stranger to cyphers & I have participated in a few topicals before. I would like to try & bring some life back to this area of the site, considering it's a huge outlet for creativity to expand & is honestly were some of the best & most interesting writing can take place. I get that it's a dying light & hasn't seen activity in a long min but I think it'd only take a hand full of committed members to drop a few battles to spark shit up again. I'm calling the PUNISHERS to the frontlines here. Are any of you interested in this?

Culture I know ya heavy on the writing side of things here so your name is the 1st that came to mind tbh. I would be willing to throw myself in the line of fire to get something going.

IF I were able to create enough buzz off this & thought it would stick, I'd be willing to dedicate I big portion of my time on the site to focus on Topicals & possibly hold down that mod spot for it. If the staff considered it, that is.

Thoughts?

Rieper g u t s Student Edgeworth HVK Seul Lil Kilo Lil Talent Solo Fives Ginge Curfew Mystix Racketeer Sweetlips Bnas Mizz Ammo Celsius Kold Krhymez Shodan Kompz kru:shul ALL-BORO Lord Briyof Manhattan Rai sWORDz Dysfunctional Bape

Alzie
05-07-2019, 01:04 AM
i'd def give it a try, I don't really see myself as a topical writer but I'm down w something different

Locchart
05-07-2019, 01:05 AM
Topicals definitely need to make a comeback. They're something the site has been badly missing for a good while. I'd sometimes rather read a good Topical verse over a good battle-oriented verse cause of the change of pace.

B U R D E N
05-07-2019, 01:11 AM
i'd def give it a try, I don't really see myself as a topical writer but I'm down w something different

Word, I think anybody who really put some effort into it could get the feel for things. I also think it could spark some ideas as far as battling as well, which could benefit people. Maybe we could set you up in a topical battle against another HH, if any are interested in filling that spot?

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Topicals definitely need to make a comeback. They're something the site has been badly missing for a good while. I'd sometimes rather read a good Topical verse over a good battle-oriented verse cause of the change of pace.

I agree. & w the new wave of members I think a comeback is possible w the right moves put into place. I understand it would take a little time but I'd be that dude who's willing to stick w it & hopefully boost the interest.

Locchart
05-07-2019, 01:12 AM
Word, I think anybody who really put some effort into it could get the feel for things. I also think it could spark some ideas as far as battling as well, which could benefit people. Maybe we could set you up in a topical battle against another HH, if any are interested in filling that spot?

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I agree. & w the new wave of members I think a comeback is possible w the right moves put into place. I understand it would take a little time but I'd be that dude who's willing to stick w it & hopefully boost the interest.

Student Seul Edgeworth g u t s HVK What say you all to this

Alzie
05-07-2019, 01:20 AM

yeah id be willing to do it against any one that's down for it

Shodan
05-07-2019, 01:58 AM
In my opinion, topicals are overall just a superior art form to battle rap. I'm not dissing battle rap, but 9 times out of 10, I'd rather read or write a topical verse as opposed to a battle rap verse. It's a god-damned shame that to find an active topical scene, you usually have to resort to websites that aren't worth a shit.

Kiwi Peewee
05-07-2019, 03:20 AM
I may have never been around when topicals were a thing, but about a month ago I found an old topical tourney that Wonderbred won and it seemed fantastic so I’d be 100% down to getting involved in an active topical scene. Also I think it would spark some more interest and attention for the cypher section of the site, which I’ve always thought would be awesome to be involved in but for the lack of voter activity there.

B U R D E N
05-07-2019, 04:09 AM
Idk how much control I have w setting battles up for this but if I'm able to, which I'll find out then I'ma need a # count on who's w it. There's obviously interest for it but I need to know who will actually show up & play a part in reviving this shit.

So far I got
Alzie Lil Talent nine7eight g u t s Culture Lil Kilo Rai Ginge nickleshanandan

B U R D E N
05-07-2019, 01:10 PM
Guts Rieper, since you two are currently online, maybe you could shed light on this for me.

Can anyone set up a topical battle or is it restricted to Mods? I'm sure it's not but I need to figure out all of the little details nahmean. I'd like to really push this & try to get it in motion.

Locchart
05-07-2019, 01:22 PM
Guts Rieper, since you two are currently online, maybe you could shed light on this for me.

Can anyone set up a topical battle or is it restricted to Mods? I'm sure it's not but I need to figure out all of the little details nahmean. I'd like to really push this & try to get it in motion.

Anyone can set up a topical battle.

B U R D E N
05-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Anyone can set up a topical battle.

Word, first battle to the revival is in the works then. :high:

nine7eight
05-07-2019, 03:37 PM
Good idea sign me up

B U R D E N
05-07-2019, 03:59 PM
Good idea sign me up

Aiight bet. I'll have a match up for you asap.

Got 1 in the making as we speak between Alzie & Lil Talent. Also, there's talk about one between g u t s & Rieper.. if Riep is down w it. Idk that side of it yet but Guts did hit my line so hopefully we'll see that pop off too.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Lil Kilo

Are you interested in filling that spot against nine7eight? If not it's all good but I figured you'd be a good name to ask.

Prodi G
05-07-2019, 04:18 PM
Cecil Alzie Dragun Apollyon Subreal -RED-BARON- nine7eight Orochi nickleshanandan

Anybody that's been here long enough, knows that I'm no stranger to cyphers & I have participated in a few topicals before. I would like to try & bring some life back to this area of the site, considering it's a huge outlet for creativity to expand & is honestly were some of the best & most interesting writing can take place. I get that it's a dying light & hasn't seen activity in a long min but I think it'd only take a hand full of committed members to drop a few battles to spark shit up again. I'm calling the PUNISHERS to the frontlines here. Are any of you interested in this?

Culture I know ya heavy on the writing side of things here so your name is the 1st that came to mind tbh. I would be willing to throw myself in the line of fire to get something going.

IF I were able to create enough buzz off this & thought it would stick, I'd be willing to dedicate I big portion of my time on the site to focus on Topicals & possibly hold down that mod spot for it. If the staff considered it, that is.

Thoughts?

Rieper g u t s Student Edgeworth HVK Seul Lil Kilo Lil Talent Solo Fives Ginge Curfew Mystix Racketeer Sweetlips Bnas Mizz Ammo Celsius Kold Krhymez Shodan Kompz kru:shul ALL-BORO Lord Briyof Manhattan Rai sWORDz Dysfunctional Bape
Yea sure I’d be willing to join into that. Isn’t there a topical text tournament later this year?

B U R D E N
05-07-2019, 05:16 PM
I can set up Culture vs nine7eight.

You two cool w that? Deadline around the 1st of June.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Yea sure I’d be willing to join into that. Isn’t there a topical text tournament later this year?

Not sure bout a topical tourney, I haven't heard anything but that doesn't mean much lol.

Rai
05-07-2019, 06:10 PM
Participated in a few on these. I'd be down

KG The Prince
05-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Aiight bet. I'll have a match up for you asap.

Got 1 in the making as we speak between Alzie & Lil Talent. Also, there's talk about one between g u t s & Rieper.. if Riep is down w it. Idk that side of it yet but Guts did hit my line so hopefully we'll see that pop off too.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Lil Kilo

Are you interested in filling that spot against nine7eight? If not it's all good but I figured you'd be a good name to ask.

Don't know much about topicals... Sign me the fuck in

B U R D E N
05-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Aiight this is off to a good start, as far as sign ups. Now lets just all do our part & make sure everyone shows up. Like I've mentioned a few times, I will give extra time to those who need it as long as it's reasonable.

I'ma set up Rai vs Lil Kilo & nine7eight vs Culture.

nine7eight
05-07-2019, 09:15 PM
Leggo

Prodi G
05-08-2019, 12:13 AM
I swear to god if you make the topic some weird complicated shit like the tournament bruv... But anyway looking forward to this battle.

Ginge
05-09-2019, 06:27 PM
cam sum1 explain dis topical battle ting 2 me
small words plz

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

cam sum1 explain dis topical battle ting 2 me
small words plz

what's da difference between topical and concept battles

Prodi G
05-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Ginge , topical battles are cyphers and not a rap battle. Rap battles diss the opponent, topicals are more like a freestyle.

Ginge
05-09-2019, 06:51 PM
right, cud u link me 2 a example and whatever u tryna set up u can count me in

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

like feel free 2 hook me up w/ 1 if u need ppl

Prodi G
05-09-2019, 06:52 PM
BURDENS give Ginge an example of a topical.

B U R D E N
05-09-2019, 08:25 PM
It never fully popped off but there's one verse for it and the topic so it should be pretty easy to grasp the idea of things Ginge

https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165705

I'll find you a match up asap.

The Saaxxx Baba
05-11-2019, 01:32 AM
I want in with topicals, always loved em

B U R D E N
05-11-2019, 03:04 AM
I want in with topicals, always loved em

Aiight bet. You'll be facing Ginge then, I'll set that up here in a few.

Rieper sign ups took off quick, now lets just hope people show up. :high:

Ginge
05-11-2019, 08:12 AM
Aiight bet. You'll be facing Ginge then, I'll set that up here in a few.

Rieper sign ups took off quick, now lets just hope people show up. :high:

noice

The Saaxxx Baba
05-11-2019, 03:46 PM
Destiny got us finally battling ginge lol even tho in a different way lol

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

And you may refer to this to know of cyphers -

https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_details.php?section=tb&id=68655

Topical is a more complex and multi syllabic heavy version of the same.

Ginge
05-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Destiny got us finally battling ginge lol even tho in a different way lol

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

And you may refer to this to know of cyphers -

https://www.letsbeef.com/cypher_details.php?section=tb&id=68655

Topical is a more complex and multi syllabic heavy version of the same.

nice 1, is it just freeform or r we meant 2 have some sort of inspiration ting