PDA

View Full Version : Turn this place into a battle rap site

lllllllllllll
12-24-2018, 06:45 PM
I don’t mean to just battle on, but the rap battle culture is huge and the 1 thing Letsbeef DONT do is have battle rap discussions. LB hasn’t talked about actual battle rap in years. (Not talking about exposing Bonnie because she’s barely a somebody.) but all we do is talk about in-house shit and go back and forth. We should be talking ALOT about battle rap. Blogs, rumours, beefs, shit that happens in the culture. We legit don’t do NONE of that.

Nothing attracts people to stay here. There’s no content to give. We have a section of the site that posts battles automatically, why? It hasn’t worked at all why is it still here? Why do we hold on to shit that don’t work?

We have a private forum. That right there screams “I might not stay on this site”. Even if we did post a lot about it, how would it show up on google if our forums are private? I find most of my battle rap news on public forums.

I feel like this is the true key to making LB pop again. HAVING DISCUSSIONS ABOUT REAL BATTLE RAP ON A BATTLE RAP SITE.

Give people what they want out of a site that should already be offering it and they might stay. All we do is make this site about us. We gotta make it about potential members.

joan of arc
12-24-2018, 06:54 PM
I don’t mean to just battle on, but the rap battle culture is huge and the 1 thing Letsbeef DONT do is have battle rap discussions. LB hasn’t talked about actual battle rap in years. (Not talking about exposing Bonnie because she’s barely a somebody.) but all we do is talk about in-house shit and go back and forth. We should be talking ALOT about battle rap. Blogs, rumours, beefs, shit that happens in the culture. We legit don’t do NONE of that.

Nothing attracts people to stay here. There’s no content to give. We have a section of the site that posts battles automatically, why? It hasn’t worked at all why is it still here? Why do we hold on to shit that don’t work?

We have a private forum. That right there screams “I might not stay on this site”. Even if we did post a lot about it, how would it show up on google if our forums are private? I find most of my battle rap news on public forums.

I feel like this is the true key to making LB pop again. HAVING DISCUSSIONS ABOUT REAL BATTLE RAP ON A BATTLE RAP SITE.

Give people what they want out of a site that should already be offering it and they might stay. All we do is make this site about us. We gotta make it about potential members.

lovin the suggestion my guy. i don't really follow rap battles outside of lb, but i'll be sure to participate and learn to help in anyway i can. <3

lllllllllllll
12-24-2018, 06:55 PM
So no one on the rap battle site follows rap battles? Haha!

Erupt da Monsta
12-24-2018, 06:56 PM
This is a really good idea. I honestly think we should focus on that part, and tracks, and the actual battling part be an extension of that. Thats whats going to push LB to the next level. Ill do my best to do what i can. Any ideas let me know.

joan of arc
12-24-2018, 07:03 PM
So no one on the rap battle site follows rap battles? Haha!

i used to but for me rap battling is like playing chess, a battle of wit, and it's fun to play the game but outside of lb which i love i don't really pay attention. like i said though i'm down to put my attention back that way. great post fam.

NOBLE
12-24-2018, 07:03 PM
We have a section of the site that posts battles automatically, why? It hasn’t worked at all why is it still here? Why do we hold on to shit that don’t work?

What you mean by saying it hasn't worked? Do you mean it hasn't helped in attracting new members, or do you mean it hasn't helped in stimulating conversations on here?

Row
12-24-2018, 07:09 PM
What you mean by saying it hasn't worked? Do you mean it hasn't helped in attracting new members, or do you mean it hasn't helped in stimulating conversations on here?

Sig --> whoa didnt know about that

lllllllllllll
12-24-2018, 07:12 PM

As in it’ll be more realistic if it was the members posting these threads and actually conversing instead of an automated system. I myself ignore that section but would post back and forth in other battle rap forums about the same battles. It just seems like someone would be talking to a computer instead of talking directly to an Original Poster. It takes away from the jobs that the members should be doing. Those threads average 1-2 views.

But it’s probably just the lack of battle rap fans. So basically if you have a site full of people who don’t discuss battle rap nor watch it, then how do we believe there’s even a SLIGHT chance of picking activity back up?

Outside viewers don’t care about what’s going on with us regular members. They don’t know wtf Punk is or RULE, or UA. They don’t give a shit. They wanna know who Dizaster is gonna battle and what prediction threads they can post in.

If you create a website about Popular Movies, you’re gonna attract people that wanna talk about popular movies. Not local films and undergrounds.

joan of arc
12-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Sig --> whoa didnt know about that

things changing my friend.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

As in it’ll be more realistic if it was the members posting these threads and actually conversing instead of an automated system. I myself ignore that section but would post back and forth in other battle rap forums about the same battles. It just seems like someone would be talking to a computer instead of talking directly to an Original Poster. It takes away from the jobs that the members should be doing. Those threads average 1-2 views.

But it’s probably just the lack of battle rap fans. So basically if you have a site full of people who don’t discuss battle rap nor watch it, then how do we believe there’s even a SLIGHT chance of picking activity back up?

Outside viewers don’t care about what’s going on with us regular members. They don’t know wtf Punk is or RULE, or UA. They don’t give a shit. They wanna know who Dizaster is gonna battle and what prediction threads they can post in.

If you create a website about Popular Movies, you’re gonna attract people that wanna talk about popular movies. Not local films and undergrounds.

i can't argue with that logic. i think people will find letsbeef through all sorts of ways, but i can def co-sign us starting to discuss and mention that stuff more frequently. i'll make sure to watch some battles and give shout outs on yt. great thinking punk.

one thing though, i think the automated system should remain in place, we just have to do a better job of discussing it when we see it. i'll do my part.

lllllllllllll
12-24-2018, 07:21 PM
I’m just saying I’m not about to reply to the Automated Robot Letsbeef account that’s making the threads lol. No one in forum history thought that was wave.

joan of arc
12-24-2018, 07:25 PM
I’m just saying I’m not about to reply to the Automated Robot Letsbeef account that’s making the threads lol. No one in forum history thought that was wave.

i feel it. well for now, imma start re-acting to everything in there that i can. i watched the new trailer and it was lit. let's start a convo in there. you and i can spark the initial needed to get this rollin.

Erupt da Monsta
12-24-2018, 07:30 PM

How many followers does LB Twitter/instagram have? Whos promoting that. Its a good idea, but promoting that side of things would be great.

lllllllllllll
12-24-2018, 07:32 PM
Bruh I’m tranna boycott the shit not waste time being the only 2 posting in it.

Battle rap is at its biggest stage right now. Millions and millions of views, making movies, paid ppvs I mean c’mon this should be a no brainer. We can’t market when the biggest topic on Letsbeef the battle rap site is Bleu (an in-house user) deleted his account.

Here’s a quick exercise, everyone flip through the forum pages, then come back to this thread stating how far you had to go to find something live battle rap related. That didn’t include Dysfunctional who is my boy that I proudly support.

Edgeworth
12-24-2018, 07:39 PM
I’m an on/off avid follower of live battle rap and would discuss it regularly on this site if there was threads popping about it. I can’t seem to find a forum section for it though?

Erupt da Monsta
12-24-2018, 07:48 PM
You telling me yall dont follow battle rap???? wow, that explains why yalls bar evolution is so slow.... lol WATCH BATTLE RAP IT HELPS YOUR TEXT AND AUDIO DELIVERY.

Dysfunctional
12-24-2018, 07:49 PM
Bruh I’m tranna boycott the shit not waste time being the only 2 posting in it.

Battle rap is at its biggest stage right now. Millions and millions of views, making movies, paid ppvs I mean c’mon this should be a no brainer. We can’t market when the biggest topic on Letsbeef the battle rap site is Bleu (an in-house user) deleted his account.

Here’s a quick exercise, everyone flip through the forum pages, then come back to this thread stating how far you had to go to find something live battle rap related. That didn’t include Dysfunctional who is my boy that I proudly support.

THIS. SO MUCH THIS!

lllllllllllll
12-24-2018, 07:50 PM
Ya because it’s clearly not important. Everyone in our forums want to elevate, yet no one watches battle rap? Lol

“I wanna be good at basketball but seriously, who tf is Kobe Bryant?”

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

You telling me yall dont follow battle rap???? wow, that explains why yalls bar evolution is so slow.... lol WATCH BATTLE RAP IT HELPS YOUR TEXT AND AUDIO DELIVERY.

I swear to god man

joan of arc
12-24-2018, 07:58 PM
Ya because it’s clearly not important. Everyone in our forums want to elevate, yet no one watches battle rap? Lol

“I wanna be good at basketball but seriously, who tf is Kobe Bryant?”

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

I swear to god man

i'm trying to show support fam. take it or leave it. and that comparison isn't fair, because i religiously study the lb greats to improve my game. i've seen many kotd battles in my lifetime, i'm just saying it's not even close to my number one passion. <3

Edgeworth
12-24-2018, 07:59 PM
I’m a bit confused. Only 2 people in this thread said they don’t regularly follow it. Hardly an epidemic and I know there’s some dudes who haven’t posted in here that follow it for sure. Regardless, I’d like to get a subforum going and start some threads, I like talking about battle rap.

lllllllllllll
12-24-2018, 08:01 PM
Majority of the site don’t. When majority of the site should. I’m inviting dudes to the thread so that’s why you may see some who actually do

joan of arc
12-24-2018, 08:01 PM
I’m a bit confused. Only 2 people in this thread said they don’t regularly follow it. Hardly an epidemic and I know there’s some dudes who haven’t posted in here that follow it for sure. Regardless, I’d like to get a subforum going and start some threads, I like talking about battle rap.

i'll start off a thread now

Locchart
12-24-2018, 08:03 PM
I follow battle rap pretty avidly, I'd say. Just not a whole lot of people to talk about it with.

lllllllllllll
12-24-2018, 08:04 PM
i'm trying to show support fam. take it or leave it. and that comparison isn't fair, because i religiously study the lb greats to improve my game. i've seen many kotd battles in my lifetime, i'm just saying it's not even close to my number one passion. <3

It doesn’t have to be is what I’m saying. But if you’re gonna be on a battle rap site, why haven’t you been talking about it? I’m not coming at you at all.

joan of arc
12-24-2018, 08:08 PM
It doesn’t have to be is what I’m saying. But if you’re gonna be on a battle rap site, why haven’t you been talking about it? I’m not coming at you at all.

i came here because of my uncle ticket. he inspired me to rap. as i grew older i got more into poetry and emo music etc. but i came back and i've been having a blast just battling homies and trying to elevate.

Aggo
12-24-2018, 08:47 PM
Ticket? Isnt that that guy that falcon punched a cabbage or some shit?

NOBLE
12-24-2018, 10:02 PM
There is nothing stopping whoever wants to discuss live battle raps from doing so. If you don't want to respond to the bots, you don't have to. You're more than welcome to start your own threads discussing that. I don't think getting rid of the automatic posts is going to automatically result in more people posting about the lives battles. As far as the live battle section not being used, even if no one here responds to them, they bring in web crawlers and potential new members by people searching Google for specific battles and ending up here. The live battle arena is one of the places in the forums where you don't have to be logged in to see, and having it available to web crawlers and anonymous guests doesn't hurt the chance that one may potentially want to check out the rest of the site and perhaps sign up.

NOBLE
12-24-2018, 10:13 PM
I agree that the more we discuss topics like live battle raps, the more chance we have of attracting people searching for such topics. Personally, I would like us to bring back the LetsBeef Wordpress site. I think generating our own content and articles that are shareable on social media platforms is a step above simply discussing them in a forum where you have to sign up to participate. If there are any takers, people willing to write articles consistently, let me know and I'll work towards reviving the LB blog site.

joan of arc
12-24-2018, 10:19 PM
I agree that the more we discuss topics like live battle raps, the more chance we have of attracting people searching for such topics. Personally, I would like us to bring back the LetsBeef Wordpress site. I think generating our own content and articles that are shareable on social media platforms is a step above simply discussing them in a forum where you have to sign up to participate. If there are any takers, people willing to write articles consistently, let me know and I'll work towards reviving the LB blog site.

i'll go ahead and start a thread for recruiting. i'll offer myself but with everything else i'm doing i would def need some help.

NOBLE
12-24-2018, 10:23 PM
For example: We used to have people like Shodan and Celsius write blog posts like this: https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152852
Check out other posts by LetsBeef Magazine to have an idea. It doesn't have to be about just Hip Hop news and gossip. It could also have a focus on live battle raps.

joan of arc
12-24-2018, 10:25 PM
For example: We used to have people like Shodan and Celsius write blog posts like this: https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152852
Check out other posts by LetsBeef Magazine to have an idea. It doesn't have to be about just Hip Hop news and gossip. It could also have a focus on live battle raps.

got it. i'll see if i can get shodan to do this again