PDA

View Full Version : Prove Your Worth: Season 1 - Playoff Semi Finals

Edgeworth
12-12-2018, 04:08 PM
With the Erk and Rieper battle now closed, we have concluded the Regular Season of Prove Your Worth Season 1. Thank you to all who participated!

Now begins the road to the championship, with our top 4 battlers moving on to a win or go home playoff to crown the champion. Remember, the winner (and to a lesser extent, the runner up) is going to take home a large sum of credits courtesy of Student!

Please read the Playoff Rules as per below, they differ from the regular season.

Playoff Deadlines and Rules:

-Playoff matchups are determined based on the regular season final standings. #1 plays #4 and #2 plays #3.

-In the playoffs, there is homefield advantage. The lower seed will send to the higher seed and the higher seed gets extra time to respond. This is different from the regular season where both battlers had the same deadline.

-There is no reseeding, so you keep your seed throughout the playoffs.

WEEK 5 RECAP

Alzie def. KG (67-33)
Rieper def. Erk (75-25)
2 Gucci v TonganKidd (Double no show)
Verse of the Week: Alzie

FINAL STANDINGS

1. Alzie (4-1)
2. KG (4-1)
3. Rieper (3-2)
4. Erk (3–2)
5. TonganKidd (0–5)
6. 2 Gucci (0-5)

*Note that Alzie and KG were tied but Alzie beat KG so gets the edge, and Rieper and Erk were tied but Rieper beat Erk so he gets the edge.

PLAYOFF SEMI-FINALS

#4Erk vs #1Alzie

Since no showing early on in the season, Alzie has been full steam ahead - rattling off 4 wins and claiming the top seed from KG in the final week. Alzie has earned his spot up top as one of the most consistent battlers in the league. Erk has been in a bit of a free fall since dropping a battle to KG and then Rieper, but he can always pull a rabbit out of the hat on a moment's notice. It's never safe to count Erk out. This battle will be interesting as the two Anbu Black Ops members fight to reach the final.

#3Rieper vs #2KG

Lock/Rieper was able to sneak in and snatch up the #3 seed with a last second win against Erk. Now he faces KG, who had been undefeated up until a slight slip up against Alzie. Despite finishing as the #2 seed, KG may be viewed as an underdog by most. However, he has shown his tenacity throughout this season so expect him to come back even stronger from that Alzie battle. With that said, Lockhart is as tough an opponent as any and is looking to take it all.

Battles are 8 lines. LEFT SENDS TO RIGHT BY SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16th AT 11:59PM EST. RIGHT RESPONDS BY TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18th AT 11:59PM EST.

Best of luck to everyone. Let's see some bloodshed. :guns:

Edgeworth
12-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Imo a gauntlet tournament playoffs would've been bad ass, but good job running this whole event despite no shows and what not. Props. Looking forward to these battles

What’s the difference? Not sure I’ve ever seen that format.

Edgeworth
12-12-2018, 04:38 PM
It's go like this. 5 seed VS 6 seed. Winner faces 4 seed. Winner of that faces 3 seed. Winner of that faces 2 seed. Winner of that faces 1 seed.. Now thinking about it that'd take forever

Yeah, that would give the 1 seed like 2 weeks or so off which is pretty long for the pace of this event. Could be an interesting format in other events though. I like the standard playoff bracket for this.

Student
12-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Awarded 15 credits to Alzie for the Verse of the Week, congrats for the top spot as well.

Erk
12-12-2018, 10:31 PM
https://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=508969

Edgeworth
12-16-2018, 12:19 PM
KG Erk Alzie Rieper

Erk has sent. I want to give Rieper until Tuesday night to send and KG and Alzie can have until Thursday night to respond. I know people have been busy with tournaments and other stuff and it’s also the weekend. Hope this works for everyone. I wanna see these battles pop off.

:high:

KG The Prince
12-16-2018, 12:36 PM
KG Erk Alzie Rieper

Erk has sent. I want to give Rieper until Tuesday night to send and KG and Alzie can have until Thursday night to respond. I know people have been busy with tournaments and other stuff and it’s also the weekend. Hope this works for everyone. I wanna see these battles pop off.

:high:

Sounds good

Edgeworth
12-19-2018, 04:05 PM
Rieper and Erk have officially sent by the deadline.
KG and Alzie you guys have until THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20th (tomorrow) at 11:59 PM EST to reply.

KG The Prince
12-19-2018, 06:13 PM
Rieper and Erk have officially sent by the deadline.
KG and Alzie you guys have until THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20th (tomorrow) at 11:59 PM EST to reply.

Replied

Erk
12-20-2018, 12:23 AM
Al did not

Edgeworth
12-20-2018, 06:44 PM
Al did not

Still has till tonight at midnight EST (about 6 hours from me posting this)

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Edit: both battles are LIVE