PDA

View Full Version : Audio Scheme Tournament #3 Update

Student
09-14-2018, 10:20 PM
Since the rounds are 2 minutes and to avoid no-shows I'm giving everyone until Monday, midnight to get their verse in.

Callaway
09-14-2018, 10:29 PM
Since the rounds are 2 minutes and to avoid no-shows I'm giving everyone until Monday, midnight to get their verse in.

bro shouldnt someone like edgeworth be allowed to re-record then? he didnt intentionally record his verse like that at least i hope he wouldnt! id say just restart the round or something bro!

i also saw your post about 1 minute verses and im honestly ok with that bro!

Student
09-16-2018, 02:36 PM
So we'll be restarting the tournament, it should've been 2 minutes instead of 1 and that's my bad.

New tournament will be posted soon

I added a poll to this thread regarding the schemes, if you want to keep them or have new ones.
@2 Gucci (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=906025) @Aggo (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=891607) @Alzie (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=905320) @Bleu (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=41814) @Callaway (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=906245) @Edgeworth (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=905997) @Evil Twin (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=869604) @FreeK (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=884687) @Mech (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=905066) @Moni (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=891287) @Seul (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=905314) @SPACE_DABREE (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=900880) @Supsie (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=898302)

Seul
09-16-2018, 06:20 PM
I already wrote over a minutes worth of material for my scheme, so I would like to keep it the same.

Aggo
09-16-2018, 07:35 PM
I hated my scheme and would like a change but can probably make it work for a minute. Two would have been a stretch.

Barzooka
09-16-2018, 08:01 PM
I'm so confused what's the deadline?

The Ghost of Freak
09-16-2018, 08:33 PM
Student ... I would prefer a new scheme, but i guess it doesnt matter if i am paired with the system.

Bleu
09-16-2018, 08:51 PM
Might as well make it a new scheme since its a new tourney. At least switch schemes around

Seul
09-17-2018, 10:33 AM
The only thing that should change is the round time, this isnt an opportunity for guys to crawl out the wood work with their little preferences.

Edgeworth
09-17-2018, 05:39 PM
Honestly, I’m not really gonna have time for this so if I’m able to bow out that works else I can try to submit something but who knows.

Mech
09-17-2018, 05:48 PM
Seul, just stop it dude. Lets just let Student run this tourney. Mfkrs be spittin off key the whole battle and still win with homie votes anyways.

Put me against whoever, whatever.

Seul
09-17-2018, 06:07 PM
Seul, just stop it dude. Lets just let Student run this tourney. Mfkrs be spittin off key the whole battle and still win with homie votes anyways.

Put me against whoever, whatever.

Obviously, I am going to let Student run it any way he decides. You act as if i'm saying something fucked up or out of the ordinary, the tournament is being restarted due to round length, not anything else... so why would we change schemes and all that?

That's all I was getting at.

The Ghost of Freak
09-18-2018, 02:26 PM
The only thing that should change is the round time, this isnt an opportunity for guys to crawl out the wood work with their little preferences.

Lmao @ "out of the wood work with their little preferences." Three users who happen to be in the tournament is hardly out of the wood works and I am not sure how our preferences are any more little than yours.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Plus most of us followed up by saying we really dont care, so it's a non-issue.

Bleu
09-18-2018, 03:35 PM
Lmao this is our new mod

Seul
09-18-2018, 04:51 PM
My concern was for the people that actually wrote, and some that already submitted, and you guys are trying to change the scheme? Do you really not see where I was coming from in any sort of way with that? ...it really wasn't that deep, but I am glad the 3 of you are ready to show out every time I post, to give me your opinions.

You can keep demonizing me all you want homies, but i'm done with the silly forum beefs, there's literally me vs a group of you that have banded together through a mutual dislike for me... & Bleu, you keep trying to demoralize me as a moderator... You literally write that same shit after everything I post. That's fine, keep it up & I will eventually just step-down. I am here to help, not be attacked every single time I drop some input. I don't get anything out of this.

EDIT: & i'm sorry if i don't write things in a kinder way, a way in which you guys won't get offended, legit I am sorry. I feel like I hurt all your feelings or something.

Aggo
09-18-2018, 05:39 PM
3 of you? Are you including me, cuz I've literally never said a negative thing about you. You on the other hand have accused me, possibly twice now, of something I had absolutely nothing to do with. What's up with that?

Seul
09-18-2018, 05:41 PM
3 of you? Are you including me, cuz I've literally never said a negative thing about you. You on the other hand have accused me, possibly twice now, of something I had absolutely nothing to do with. What's up with that?

My post was in regards to Mech, FreeK and Bleu.

The third person was Mech, who's off key/homie votes comment was directed at me because of the last battle him and me had.

Aggo
09-18-2018, 05:48 PM
Noted. My b.

Student
09-18-2018, 05:50 PM
I get what Seul was saying but I decided to go on personal preference regarding the schemes, some people got the same schemes while others didn't.

Row
09-18-2018, 06:08 PM

Is it a coincidence those 3 lost to the same dude last audio gc ? Lol js

Aggo
09-18-2018, 08:46 PM
Dropped Supsie

The Ghost of Freak
09-18-2018, 10:23 PM

The third person was Mech, who's off key/homie votes comment was directed at me because of the last battle him and me had.

Woh. Hold up. I didn't say anything against you or your moderatorship. I simply pointed out the fact that three or four users in the tournament happened to have a certain preference in terms of a question Student posted, hardly attributes us as "out of the wood works" nor does it mean our opinions were worth any more or less.

I also totally get your point about those who already wrote, and I didn't initially consider that when i responded to the thread and poll. That is why I immediately said it didn't matter.

I actually agree with the sentiment of sticking with a scheme you wrote to in order to not throw away bars.

I don't view my response as an attack on you as much as noting that you seemed to be belittling other users in the tournament unnecessarily .... I am pretty sure people were just stating their preferences and not intentionally victimizing you and the very few others who wrote to a certain scheme. :confused:

I say lets drop it and move forward with the fucking tournament.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Wow. Classy. Once again, my comment was not out of spite. I accepted long ago that Seul won that battle, and after giving him an adequate amount of shit regarding our aftermath correspondence, I have moved on.

Why ya got to jump in and try to stir the pot, Row ?

Save the peanut gallery talk for your tournament votes, FVC King. I am sure you have plenty of constructive comments to share about how all of my opponent are superior to me... which I am just on the edge of my seat looking forward to.

Row
09-18-2018, 11:21 PM
Why ya got to jump in and try to stir the pot,

its called letsbeef, anything to exploit the site's name.

Seul
09-18-2018, 11:27 PM
Dropped my verse, let's get it poppin'

Mech
09-19-2018, 06:27 PM

Hey Row why dont you battle me on audio you sissy soft shit stirrer. Youre wack af & everyone knows you a hater & a hate voter. I'll put the nails to ya. Do you accept?

Row
09-19-2018, 07:35 PM
Hey Row why dont you battle me on audio you sissy soft shit stirrer. Youre wack af & everyone knows you a hater & a hate voter. I'll put the nails to ya. Do you accept?

Nah I'll stay a sissy soft shit stirrer. 1

Aggo
09-20-2018, 05:40 PM
Clocks ticking gents. Get them shits in. Especially you Supsie

Aggo
10-02-2018, 08:05 AM
Where you guys at, Seul Bleu ?
Spell your name all french canadian and now you can't meet a deadline? For shame.

The Ghost of Freak
10-02-2018, 08:54 AM
Where you guys at, Seul Bleu ?
Spell your name all french canadian and now you can't meet a deadline? For shame.

Sooooo, we have a round with no battles... this tournament is hot.

Although I do not generally think extensions encourage proper tournament participation and fairness to the posting opponents, they may be in order just to have any tournament.... RIP LB Audio.

:(

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

The other part of me says to move to the next round, but both ways feel wrong for different reasons.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

@Student and Aggo ... to be honest, I would have taken an extension as I worked most of this weekend in the panhandle and only got back home on Sunday after waking up at 4:30 a.m. and taking a 6:20 a.m. flight. I was tired as fuck when I recorded my verse...

The fairness of giving extensions, particularly when they are not publicly acknowledged in the tournament thread is very questionable. On the other hand this tournament has had three battles posted, one of which was a forfeiture...

Aggo
10-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Agreed, FreeK. I rushed my verse to get it in in the small window I had to actually record. Would have liked to get a little more polish on. I still want other people to post, I have no interest in continuing to record verses that noone will ever hear, even if they are hurried and maybe not at the highest standard. It is a bit unfair, though.

The Ghost of Freak
10-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Agreed, FreeK. I rushed my verse to get it in in the small window I had to actually record. Would have liked to get a little more polish on. I still want other people to post, I have no interest in continuing to record verses that noone will ever hear, even if they are hurried and maybe not at the highest standard. It is a bit unfair, though.

100% AGREE WITH THE WISE MAN

Seul
10-02-2018, 01:33 PM
I asked for an extension because I am moving this month and have to move furniture from one house to another. It is stated on the battle page that I asked for an extension & that it was granted. I feel your pain though, as I often have to write during my works hours or cancel plans just to get something in by a deadline. Hell, my GC Final, I had to fly out to UK the very next day. I was juggling between work, regular errands, packing, making sure I got my flight information down & writing bars for the most revered battler on the site.

If you need more time, ask for it, I am sure Student would happily grant you an extension if you tell him a reasonable time before the deadline.

Aggo
10-02-2018, 01:43 PM
That's all true, however if an extension is needed it should be agreed upon before the due date and really before either person posts so they both have the same extension. The other thing that is dissapointing is that I got ducked 1st round. That's a verse I took time to write and record just buried forever. I'm looking forward to a battle dropping, go to bed and expect to wake up to a verse and maybe some votes. Only to find that that hasnt happened. No one asked for an extension. Just ghost. I know Bleu is gonna post, I'm not really stressing it. I'm just excited for a good audio battle.

Seul
10-02-2018, 01:48 PM
That's all true, however if an extension is needed it should be agreed upon before the due date and really before either person posts so they both have the same extension.

^ What if there is an emergency? I guess it could be handled case by case, which would probably be the most optimal way.

The other thing that is dissapointing is that I got ducked 1st round. That's a verse I took time to write and record just buried forever. I'm looking forward to a battle dropping, go to bed and expect to wake up to a verse and maybe some votes. Only to find that that hasnt happened. No one asked for an extension. Just ghost. I know Bleu is gonna post, I'm not really stressing it. I'm just excited for a good audio battle.

Yeah, no showing is an epidemic currently, i'm assuming that's the reason for all the leniency with the deadlines though.

Aggo
10-02-2018, 01:59 PM
It is and that's cool. Just impatient.

The Ghost of Freak
10-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Student Aggo Seul voters cant see scheme in comments before voting is confusing.... they/we supposed to guess?

Aggo
10-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Didnt realize. I mean, it should be obvious that they are scheming. Which particular set of words the scheme came from is fairly irrelevant.

However, can voters not see a mod comments? I cant recall. If not can you post the scheme in comments? Voters can see your comment. Right?

Aggo
10-03-2018, 08:58 AM
2 verses wrote, recorded, lost in the ether.

Doesn't exactly motivate one to keep writing.

Seul
10-08-2018, 02:42 PM
Can we move onto the next round? My battles been open for like 6-7 days.

Student
10-08-2018, 05:06 PM
Can we move onto the next round? My battles been open for like 6-7 days.
Round 2 has been closed, congrats to Bleu Mech Seul FreeK moving on to the next round and let's give it up to Aggo Moni SPACE_DABREE for showing up