PDA

View Full Version : My apologies

NOBLE
03-04-2018, 12:00 AM
I haven't logged on in a while and I was running a couple of competitions, including the ATT and the LBT. There's no excuse, but basically my situation changed a bit at work and I'm now working a minimum of 60 hours a week which has left me very little time. I'm still going to be working the same amount of hours but my body's getting used to it so I will do my best to be here more often.
I'll work on resuming the competitions where we left off (unless someone else continued them in my absence) over the next couple of days. Once again, sorry for the hiatus.

Row
03-04-2018, 12:35 AM
no one continued the competitions - not surprised. but 60 hrs minimum in crazy.
Other mods cant help ? (who am i kidding)

Bleu
03-04-2018, 02:26 AM
one of those mods is in your crew & asking for an admin spot when he's not doing mod shit like stepping up to host those competitions in noble's absense

no shots just pointing out irony :D

Shodan
03-04-2018, 02:39 AM
Working 60 hours a week is ridiculous. It's frustrating to not have you around but I completely understand. I'd be a cunt if I complained.

Honestly, I think there's a good solution here: Mod me. I have all the free time in the world so I can handle it. I know that asking to be made a mod is generally the fastest way to not be made a mod, but let's be realistic here.

Not that there's an admin around to do that...

Rant
03-04-2018, 07:29 AM
Working 60 hours a week is ridiculous. It's frustrating to not have you around but I completely understand. I'd be a cunt if I complained.

Honestly, I think there's a good solution here: Mod me. I have all the free time in the world so I can handle it. I know that asking to be made a mod is generally the fastest way to not be made a mod, but let's be realistic here.

Not that there's an admin around to do that...

You'd be just like me as a mod.

KG The Prince
03-04-2018, 08:46 AM
^^HAHA

60 hours a fuckin week tho jeeeeeeez

Bape
03-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Shodan would make a good moderator imo.

lllllllllllll
03-04-2018, 02:02 PM
one of those mods is in your crew & asking for an admin spot when he's not doing mod shit like stepping up to host those competitions in noble's absense

no shots just pointing out irony :D

Nope nope nope. Shots fired. Diss track coming this Thanksgiving.

Nah on the real though, if they promote me admin. I’d run LBT. I had no idea NOBLE had ghosted. I did a great job with LBT. They seemed like events that people wanted to be apart of just because of how it was ran. An admin running LBT for the first time. Lets make it happen. Titles will be changed much faster, more rewards, and an active punk :*

NOBLE
03-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Shodan would make a good moderator imo.

I agree

Rant
03-05-2018, 07:21 AM
I agree

Having seen Shodan in positions of power on discord, and having noted his previous runs in staff on LB(as a forum moderator.) I could not disagree more. A.) He was negligent of his duties previously as a forum mod. B.) He's not against using his moderator powers for his own amusement.(Much like myself.) So, expect name changes, and forum post edits, and other general misuses "for the lulz."

Seul
03-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Having seen Shodan in positions of power on discord, and having noted his previous runs in staff on LB(as a forum moderator.) I could not disagree more. A.) He was negligent of his duties previously as a forum mod. B.) He's not against using his moderator powers for his own amusement.(Much like myself.) So, expect name changes, and forum post edits, and other general misuses "for the lulz."

Idk, I think Sho would be a good mod.

Student
03-05-2018, 03:03 PM
60 Hours is a week sounds horrible but if you gotta hu$tle then hu$tle first and foremost. Livelihood first, hobbies second or third, etc.

Brayne Ded
03-05-2018, 03:44 PM
No offense, but how would anyone else have continued the ATT in place of NOBLE? He was the only one who knew the identities of the participants.

Shodan
03-05-2018, 05:56 PM
A.) He was negligent of his duties previously as a forum mod. B.) He's not against using his moderator powers for his own amusement.(Much like myself.) So, expect name changes, and forum post edits, and other general misuses "for the lulz."

A.) Bullshit. I was the TOPICAL MODERATOR, which is borderline meaningless. I was tasked with running a section which was utterly fucking dead, when the site was at a serious low of activity. What did you expect me to do? Revive it? I doubt that anyone on the site could have done that. I made a legitimate effort at first but gave up soon because I knew that it was a pointless task.

B.) You're right. I'm not against using my moderator powers for my own amusement - on Discord channels where that sort of shit is harmless and expected. If you think that on LB, I would change people's usernames, ban them, or give them negative usertitles for laughs, you're sorely mistaken and don't understand me at all.

Rant
03-05-2018, 06:01 PM
A.) Bullshit. I was the TOPICAL MODERATOR, which is borderline meaningless. I was tasked with running a section which was utterly fucking dead, when the site was at a serious low of activity. What did you expect me to do? Revive it? I doubt that anyone on the site could have done that. I made a legitimate effort at first but gave up soon because I knew that it was a pointless task.

B.) You're right. I'm not against using my moderator powers for my own amusement - on Discord channels where that sort of shit is harmless and expected. If you think that on LB, I would change people's usernames, ban them, or give them negative usertitles for laughs, you're sorely mistaken and don't understand me at all.

The site is at a low point in activity now, if you gave up on a position used to gauge whether you should be mod at such a point, why should you be trusted with a higher position, now, under similar circumstances?

When did I mention negative user titles, or banning people? You can only give user titles as an admin. But, it shows that it's something you've thought of doing. Lending merit to my original thinking.

KG The Prince
03-05-2018, 06:06 PM
on Discord channels where that sort of shit is harmless and expected. - THAT IS SOOOOO FUCKING TRUE

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

No offense, but how would anyone else have continued the ATT in place of NOBLE? He was the only one who knew the identities of the participants.

OH MY GOD, no one realised that (except for you, you clever bastid :rolleyes:)

Shodan
03-05-2018, 06:08 PM
"The site is at a low point in activity now, if you gave up on a position used to gauge whether you should be mod at such a point, why should you be trusted with a higher position, now, under similar circumstances?"

If you're going to attempt to character assassinate me based on my admittedly bad performance as topical moderator, realize that I was tasked with doing a job that didn't exist. On the other hand, as a full moderator, I would actually have nontrivial responsibilities to attend to.

"You can only give user titles as an admin. But, it shows that it's something you've thought of doing."

No it doesn't. I thought of that because it's been done before, like with the Hall of Shame. You're right about mods not being able to give out usertitles, though. I had forgotten about that.

Rant
03-05-2018, 08:01 PM
"The site is at a low point in activity now, if you gave up on a position used to gauge whether you should be mod at such a point, why should you be trusted with a higher position, now, under similar circumstances?"

If you're going to attempt to character assassinate me based on my admittedly bad performance as topical moderator, realize that I was tasked with doing a job that didn't exist. On the other hand, as a full moderator, I would actually have nontrivial responsibilities to attend to.

"You can only give user titles as an admin. But, it shows that it's something you've thought of doing."

No it doesn't. I thought of that because it's been done before, like with the Hall of Shame. You're right about mods not being able to give out usertitles, though. I had forgotten about that.

It did exist. You were the mod of it.

Student
03-07-2018, 02:30 PM
Ay a LOT of wacky people have been a mod, it doesn't take a genius to change a name, re-rank battles and ban people, but the interest to help, that isn't always there.

People who get into it for the wrong reasons are the ones who just fuck around but trust that some people are still putting work in. Shoutout NOBLE & Aggo

OSKAR
03-08-2018, 04:04 PM
I agree

Give him my spot..Won't hurt to try something new when someone's that determined to help

EtH
03-09-2018, 11:21 AM
Reading the above comments with a large smile on my face.