PDA

View Full Version : Tinychat Live Battles

Dirty Work
10-13-2017, 10:19 PM
So, the LetsBeef Tinychat room has been getting a lot of action over the past month. By that I mean a short list of about 10 members have each been in the room at least a few times a week for at least an hour. There are some people that have been in there almost every day freestyling for several hours at a time. And the quality of the frees has actually been real nice in my opinion.
This makes me want to get some sort of live freestyle battling going on, probably in the form of small individual tourneys. We've done it in the past, and it was pretty damn fun. I know 10 people isn't a lot, but maybe there are more people on here who would be up for it if they knew what sort of shit was going on in the room. And really, in a Tinychat room, if we were to do a one night tourney just to get things rolling, 8 people would probably be plenty with the right structure.
Before we get into a bunch of details, I figured I'd just post this and see who is interested.
Post in here if you'd be interested in a live freestyle tourney on Tinychat, and maybe give some general input on the idea.
The only thing I can think of right now that I am unwilling to change is that these will be FREESTYLE battles. I'm also thinking about having some sort of blind system to help mitigate the use of writtens, even though I know plenty of you have writtens on deck for certain members already :)

10-13-2017, 10:49 PM
Good idea Dirty, trying 2 coordinate this may not be very easy tho given the timeline differences and availability . i fully support this idea tho and would like see things like random topics and words being thrown at us 2 keep it legit.

The Ghost of Freak
10-13-2017, 10:56 PM
I like vaginas and freestyle rapping, but battling is for pussies.

Aggo
10-13-2017, 11:24 PM
I bet a lot of people would wanna watch this. A handful might participate but that would be sweet. I'm not at all battle minded when I free so it would be really tough for me, but I would give it a shot most likely.

Bleu
10-13-2017, 11:28 PM
I think cyphers would be more enjoyable. I'm gonna end up poppin up in there one of these days just hope it doesn't die out by then lol.

PaiNN
10-13-2017, 11:48 PM
Come through, it's fun. We just chill and talk if not battling, listen to some good songs and talk about some funny ass shit.

The Ghost of Freak
10-14-2017, 12:40 AM
Lmao.... its like tinychat was never a thing for Letsbeef ... some of us remember.... oh we remember alright. We can bring back the glory, but it requires coordination. Actually having threads put up making people aware of scheduled cyphers and such.

NOBLE
10-14-2017, 01:14 AM
People should probably know that Tiny chat is way better now than it used to be. I think they moved from flash to html5 cause it now works on mobile (both watching and broadcasting) and it doesn't lag like it used to.

K SERA
10-14-2017, 02:22 AM
and also a written tourney would be cool too.. or battles with rounds..where we obviously would place emphasis on Rebuttles

Blunt Rapper
10-14-2017, 03:12 AM
Good idea Dirty, trying 2 coordinate this may not be very easy tho given the timeline differences and availability . i fully support this idea tho and would like see things like random topics and words being thrown at us 2 keep it legit.

I'm game, but my availability is random.

YoungShaolin
10-14-2017, 10:15 AM
You know im down for whatever..Just let me know..

YC
10-14-2017, 01:06 PM
Im down

rob_dollaz
10-14-2017, 01:33 PM
i think we should do a letsbeef live mixtape type cypher:guns::fyou::grass:

Flawless Q
10-14-2017, 07:58 PM
This is a dope idea. I'll def join

10-15-2017, 03:03 AM
i think we should do a letsbeef live mixtape type cypher:guns::fyou::grass:

not a bad idea also tbh. tho being recorded via TC it would lack any sort of REAL quality audio wise. lag included.

Dirty Work
10-15-2017, 07:04 PM
Cool, so we have a small amount of interest shown so far. There are a few more cats that I know would be down too. The hardest part is going to be getting people together at the same time. As far as the rules and structure, I have a lot of ideas already. The voting is something that I'm not sure about yet. Do you think we should just use judges? Or maybe try to record the session and have voting on it after the fact in a forum?

10-16-2017, 06:39 AM
Cool, so we have a small amount of interest shown so far. There are a few more cats that I know would be down too. The hardest part is going to be getting people together at the same time. As far as the rules and structure, I have a lot of ideas already. The voting is something that I'm not sure about yet. Do you think we should just use judges? Or maybe try to record the session and have voting on it after the fact in a forum?

A panel of judges seems only reasonable. (voter casting opens up room for hackers with 30 diff accounts) and im sure we would all prefer for them 2 be LB mods. aslo we have a few cats outside of Lb who just roll tc exclusively whom might be very well interested in such a competition. dunno how that would change things if we talking bout earning titles of some sort tho as that provides absolutely no incentive 2 people like these guys considering they dont even hold LB accounts. id like not 2 exclude these people if possible as some of them rap better than most. i dont mean 2 complicate things but these are pure facts that you should consider within the format. unless you decide 2 restrict it 2 LB members only :/

Flawless Q
10-17-2017, 10:55 AM
I think it should be recorded and reviewed in a forum for a better decision on winner.

YoungShaolin
10-17-2017, 12:41 PM
I think we should have live judging if its going to be a live battle. Panel of 3 judges and whoever gets
the majority vote wins.

ItsMe
10-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Dirty Work,
I'm down.

MaCc Da G0D
10-26-2017, 06:26 PM
I'm Down To Be a Judge...

Flawless Q
10-31-2017, 04:10 PM
Is this still happening?