PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Tournament Schedule Survey

Mindless
07-02-2017, 12:52 AM
In an effort to increase tournament participation and to make it easier for you guys to participate in them, we're trying to bash out a permanent schedule. Part of this is deciding which tournaments we should run. This survey embedded below represents roughly eleven tournaments not including Grand Championships. Those will always be on the permanent schedule with one for each side yearly. What we need to know is which tournaments you guys like the most so that those are the ones we hold for you. We don't want to hold tournaments that you guys aren't going to be excited about being in so I'm asking you guys which ones you want most. In the Google Form below is a list of tournaments with drop down menus that have 1-5 in them. Please select a number representing how much you want to see those tournaments enter the permanent schedule. 1 is not at all and 5 is what you most want. We'll leave this survey up and in a few weeks or so we'll have, I think, enough answers on it to make a decision. If you know of other tourneys you think should be on the permanent schedule please post them below. Note that these should not be one off things.

<center><iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuLN7l_x-8woFiLKE8i9TZc8zQgrfl_pzPwWydhFdOXvhtlA/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe></center>

fkallwhobannedme
07-02-2017, 02:02 AM
i kno 1 thing shudnt have banned me wen i was about to win the torunament sick me n sick up

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

fkin suckers i can blow up anythin

Lockhart
07-02-2017, 11:07 AM
Won't let me do anything on the thing you posted up, so I'll just do it here:

Concept Tournament: 4. I feel like it was a great addition to the tournaments and it should still be continued.
Rookie Tournament: 1. Honestly, we don't know if anyone who qualifies as a rookie on this site is actually a rookie anymore, plus the last Rookie Tournament was in like 2013, so it obviously isn't that important to the site, anyway.
Not really sure what the Summerhyme thing is about, but I feel like having an invitational tournament Scribble Jam-style where everyone is freestyling would be interesting, so I give that a 4 for that concept.
The Money In the Bank for both LBA and LBT would be absolutely bananas for both sides. Have that be an annual thing like how they do it in WWE, and you've struck a goldmine. This is a 5 for me.
The Tag Team invitational should definitely stay. I know it's virtually impossible on the Audio side, but it's, honestly, one of the more sought after titles on the text side. The fact that a lot of members fought for this Tag Tournament to be made in to the official one speaks evidence of that. 5.
I understand that Topicals are only popular with what seems like a select few, but I always felt like they were a great addition to a site that's always about killing your opponent and punchlines and shooting imaginary guns. It may be a 1-2 for others, but it is a 5 for me.
The Custom Beat Invitational seems like it could be easily turned in to a track competition, so for me, that's at a 3.

Also: Another one I'm assuming y'all forgot is the One-Bar Tournament for Text. That should definitely stay, however, the Exclusive One Bar needs to be nixed and stick with the official one only. This one is a 4 for me.

Thanks for the list Mindless

Mindless
07-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Won't let me do anything on the thing you posted up, so I'll just do it here:

Concept Tournament: 4. I feel like it was a great addition to the tournaments and it should still be continued.
Rookie Tournament: 1. Honestly, we don't know if anyone who qualifies as a rookie on this site is actually a rookie anymore, plus the last Rookie Tournament was in like 2013, so it obviously isn't that important to the site, anyway.
Not really sure what the Summerhyme thing is about, but I feel like having an invitational tournament Scribble Jam-style where everyone is freestyling would be interesting, so I give that a 4 for that concept.
The Money In the Bank for both LBA and LBT would be absolutely bananas for both sides. Have that be an annual thing like how they do it in WWE, and you've struck a goldmine. This is a 5 for me.
The Tag Team invitational should definitely stay. I know it's virtually impossible on the Audio side, but it's, honestly, one of the more sought after titles on the text side. The fact that a lot of members fought for this Tag Tournament to be made in to the official one speaks evidence of that. 5.
I understand that Topicals are only popular with what seems like a select few, but I always felt like they were a great addition to a site that's always about killing your opponent and punchlines and shooting imaginary guns. It may be a 1-2 for others, but it is a 5 for me.
The Custom Beat Invitational seems like it could be easily turned in to a track competition, so for me, that's at a 3.

Also: Another one I'm assuming y'all forgot is the One-Bar Tournament for Text. That should definitely stay, however, the Exclusive One Bar needs to be nixed and stick with the official one only. This one is a 4 for me.

Thanks for the list @Mindless (https://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=18703)

Are you logged into your google account? I made it a requirement that a person be logged into their google account to fill out the survey to minimize fuckery.

Lockhart
07-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Are you logged into your google account? I made it a requirement that a person be logged into their google account to fill out the survey to minimize fuckery.

I was.

X-Calibur
07-02-2017, 04:57 PM
I managed to do it

Bleu
07-02-2017, 05:26 PM
did it

Row
07-02-2017, 05:47 PM
couldnt

Student
07-03-2017, 12:46 AM
Signed in through a different tab and I was able to submit the answers.

Nicholas
07-03-2017, 06:44 AM

Thanks for the list Mindless

Complete opposite imo. One bar doesn't warrant an orange title. It should remain as a forum tournament only.

Erupt da Monsta
07-03-2017, 09:19 AM
submitted my votes.

Mindless
07-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Bumping to get to more than 12 answers.

OSKAR
07-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Won't let me log in to my gmail for some reason so here it is..hope it count

Rookie - 1

This tourney was barely a thing. Plus we can't really get 8 active rooks to make this tourney possible. Most active 'rooks' are multie accounts anyway

Scheme Invitational - 4

Always good to see this tourney. It requires skill and makes for someinteresting reads def a keeper.

Concept Tournament - 2

Much like a scheme only thing that changes is that your punches have to contain the same scheme. Not very interesting in my opinion, participants might run out of potential ideas or there may be cases of users thinking of the same punchline as there isn't much room for creativity imo. Pretty boring

Custom Beat Tournament - 5

That's without a question a tournament that SHOULD happen. The audio side is truly neglected in the site but once the mobile site launches we might be looking at a bright future for audio. Besides, text has like 1000 tourneys while this and the gc are the only audio tournaments that are official

Tag Team Tournament - 5

Definately one of the most anticipated and fun tourneys to be in. New guys can use this to shine, vets can learn more by collaborating with other people

TOPICAL - 1

I hate topicals and really, how many topical battlers are there? Every topical battler has won a topical championship already so what is the point of keeping this? lol

Summer Rhymefest - N/A

Can you please explain? is it like the BEAST MODE GC? How about bringing this back instead?

LBA/LBT. - 5

Only way to get old timers to battle in the basic arena. How is the MITB thing going to be executed though? Tinychat for audio? 6 people going at it at the same time and some judges picking winners? Good idea, would be better for a larger userbase as you'll struggle to find 6 guys willing and having the time to cam up..what about the text one? how'll that work?

Suggestion:

Track Championship?

Random beat assigned per battle. 1v1. Whoever makes the best track wins

HVK
07-07-2017, 05:27 PM
WHATS A GOOGLE ACCOUNT? LMAOOOO...... NAH I COULDNT DO IT EITHER, BUT THAT WON'T SURPRISE MINDLESS haha..... I LIKED OSKAR IDEA ABOUT A TRACK TOURNEY.... I THINK ALL THE TOURNEYS ARE GOOD APART FROM THA ONEBAR......

NOBLE
07-10-2017, 12:54 AM
Submitted. You should probably add a "noscroll" parameter or increase the height in the embed code. Having to scroll through the iframe was slightly annoying.

Row
07-10-2017, 03:46 PM
why isnt the one bar here? all forum tournaments should be liquidized imo. we have contests for that

oh yea, voted.

Mindless
07-10-2017, 10:16 PM
One bar isn't on there because it's not a major tourney. That's what this survey is for.

Row
07-10-2017, 10:29 PM
One bar isn't on there because it's not a major tourney. That's what this survey is for.

it has been since 2012.....
https://www.letsbeef.com/tournament_battle_details.php?id=884&section=tb

dont get it mixed with that exclusive one bar shit

Bleu
07-11-2017, 12:14 PM
One bar is being discontinued and turned into a forum tourney iirc.

Kali kid
07-25-2017, 06:39 PM
Judges should be the only voters not members

Nerdism
07-29-2017, 08:31 AM
Wouldn't be many votes then though man

X-Calibur
07-30-2017, 05:30 PM
Is this decided Mindless