PDA

View Full Version : McGregor vs Mayweather

Nicholas
06-17-2017, 10:18 AM
It's finally on. Of course Mayweather will be the runaway favourite but god how good would it be if McGregor Aldo'd him. :eek:

Coldstorms Dad
06-17-2017, 10:21 AM
The fact that you think Mayweather will be KOed, let alone in 13 seconds, is outrageous. Mayweather takes this easy. Who is Conor gonna bring to spar that has the same style as Floyd though? There is no one. He just has 2 months to train. Besides, Mayweather rarely gets hit.

Mayweather by a landslide decision.

Nicholas
06-17-2017, 10:22 AM
The fact that you think Mayweather will be KOed, let alone in 13 seconds, is outrageous. Mayweather takes this easy. Who is Conor gonna bring to spar that has the same style as Floyd though? There is no one. He just has 2 months to train. Besides, Mayweather rarely gets hit.

Mayweather by a landslide decision.

I'm not saying it will happen. I'm saying how incredible would it be. BTW, after this fight McGregor vs GSP?

Bape
06-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Obvious that Mayweather will win, however Conor's a smart fucking dude for doing this. He's literally got nothing to lose. I heard it was like 50 Million + if he loses.

X-Calibur
06-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Mcgreggor to be DQ'd for throwing a kick ....

Said it here first folks !!!

lllllllllllll
06-17-2017, 12:05 PM
Conor's gonna win. Do not debate with me.

Skizzo
06-17-2017, 12:26 PM
Im betting MacGregor. Even though I know Mayweathers gonna win. Just because im an against the grain kinna guy.

Tribe
06-17-2017, 12:45 PM
It's finally on. Of course Mayweather will be the runaway favourite but god how good would it be if McGregor Aldo'd him. :eek:

no shit won't be good boy w/ yo gay bisexual British faggot ass

J u s T C
06-17-2017, 06:02 PM
It'll never happen. But I'll be devastated if Connor wins. I'm looking forward to the build up but anyone who pays for this is a fucking sucka. It's sad that a no contest freak shows like this will do such big numbers, but genuine world class 50 50 fights like Ward Kovalev will struggle to break 300 thousand PPV buys.

Celsius
06-17-2017, 06:10 PM
If FM wins nobody will be surprised.
If FM loses, T.I will be one happy man.

Nicholas
06-17-2017, 06:55 PM
If FM wins nobody will be surprised.
If FM loses, T.I will be one happy man.

You're right, Floyd has way more to lose here. Although he obviously fancies his chances for the money and who can blame him.

J u s T C
06-17-2017, 07:18 PM
(SAVAGERY) MCGREGOR SPARRING OPPONENT LIGHTS HIM UP WITH COMBOS: "I AIN'T FLOYD AND I LANDED" - YouTube

Lol Conor wouldn't even win a Midlands area title. And here he is in 2 months facing 1 of the all time greats who been doing this since the late 90's. That swaying mummy style gonna get him sparked the fuck out. Mayweather def gonna carry his ass though. What a joke.

EtH
06-19-2017, 04:09 AM
Mcgreggor to be DQ'd for throwing a kick ....

Said it here first folks !!!

He loses something like 100 million the second he tries it. He won't be throwing any kicks.

I could break down why I actually think Conor stands more of a chance than say Berto (who would wreck Conor in a fight) but it's too long winded. I think the only boxer Conor has a chance of beating is Mayweather, which is weird considering Mayweather is maybe the best of all time and no one else has hit him. Essentially, it's someone who's not going to utilize the biggest gulf, the footwork, to out manoeuvre Mcgregor. Floyd will just give Conor the front foot, which he will happily take. Conor's one of the first guys Mayweather will fight in a long time that wants to keep a distance but also push forward. Conor will have the availability to land on Mayweather's arms and even though I doubt he has the timing, reactions or speed, McGregor might be able to coax the counter out of Floyd, which in turn leads to a counter of McGregor's.

Most boxers would bully Conor around with slicker footwork and land threeough his leaky defence at will as he struggles to get his timing down, but Floyd would allow Conor to land on his gloves, give him the range he wants, give him time to be active and time to think. That makes this fight a much different fight than say Pacquiao or even someone like Khan who runs right over him.

I say unanimous decision Floyd Mayweather who drops at least 2 rounds to McGregor.

Nicholas
06-19-2017, 06:41 AM
He loses something like 100 million the second he tries it. He won't be throwing any kicks.

I could break down why I actually think Conor stands more of a chance than say Berto (who would wreck Conor in a fight) but it's too long winded. I think the only boxer Conor has a chance of beating is Mayweather, which is weird considering Mayweather is maybe the best of all time and no one else has hit him. Essentially, it's someone who's not going to utilize the biggest gulf, the footwork, to out manoeuvre Mcgregor. Floyd will just give Conor the front foot, which he will happily take. Conor's one of the first guys Mayweather will fight in a long time that wants to keep a distance but also push forward. Conor will have the availability to land on Mayweather's arms and even though I doubt he has the timing, reactions or speed, McGregor might be able to coax the counter out of Floyd, which in turn leads to a counter of McGregor's.

Most boxers would bully Conor around with slicker footwork and land threeough his leaky defence at will as he struggles to get his timing down, but Floyd would allow Conor to land on his gloves, give him the range he wants, give him time to be active and time to think. That makes this fight a much different fight than say Pacquiao or even someone like Khan who runs right over him.

I say unanimous decision Floyd Mayweather who drops at least 2 rounds to McGregor.

You really see this fight going all of the way with Conor's stamina? I imagine Conor will want to go for the K.O in the early rounds. Mayweather will be content with winning on points as usual.

NOBLE
06-19-2017, 07:21 AM
I can see Conor getting knocked out tbh. He's just too inexperienced in boxing compared to Mayweather.

Nicholas
06-19-2017, 08:20 AM
I can see Conor getting knocked out tbh. He's just too inexperienced in boxing compared to Mayweather.

I agree I predict either Mayweather K.Oing Conor in the later rounds when he starts getting tired or Conor K.Oing Mayweather in the early rounds. First suggestion is obviously the far more likely.

Nicholas
06-19-2017, 08:36 AM
Just for fun some commentary:

Big Brown Breakdown - How Will Conor Win A Round? - YouTube

J u s T C
06-19-2017, 02:04 PM
You 're mental if you think Mcgregor stands any chance at a K.O or is winning even a single round. Floyds going to play with his food and drain, clown and confuse him to a a multiple K.D T.K.O after he's carried him. I'd say a shut out U.D but connors cardio wont let him get anywhere near that point, even if Floyd wanted it.

Dexter3
06-21-2017, 07:18 AM
Going with McGregor on this one

EtH
06-21-2017, 08:43 AM
I think Conor's cardio stands a good chance of being drained by a repeated sharp jab to the body from Mayweather, but what are you guys using as your basis of McGregor's cardio sucking? Fighting one of the highest pace and most durable fighters in MMA history who's renouned for his cardio?

If Nate didn't go for the finish at any stage in the fight, Mayweather would tap out against Nate Diaz due to exhaustion in an MMA fight.

J u s T C
06-21-2017, 01:28 PM
Because only being able to use your arms with 10 oz Gloves is far more exhausting than having every avenue to spread the strain with 4 Oz gloves. He couldn't make 12 ifMay tried to carry him. I'd b surprised if his lungs take him past 9.

EtH
06-21-2017, 01:31 PM
Because only being able to use your arms with 10 oz Gloves is far more exhausting than having every avenue to spread the strain with 4 Oz gloves. He couldn't make 12 ifMay tried to carry him. I'd b surprised if his lungs take him past 9.

You're overrating it. There are journeymen who make 8 rounds without breathing hard who train in their shed. McGregor isn't going to be bothered by a high paced fight and is an incredible high level athlete. He gasses if Mayweather makes him has.

Dexter3
06-21-2017, 02:29 PM
Don't sleep on McGregors Left hand

EtH
06-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Don't sleep on McGregors Left hand

McGregor's left is looks like my left when compared to Pacquiao's.

Way Lyve
06-22-2017, 11:33 AM
Mayweather will easily defeat Connor. But it's still the best opportunity Connors ever had and he'll likely make more money this fight than all of his previous purses combined. It's a good look for boxing and MMA too. I think boxing gyms will see a short lived uptick in people joining but this is more of boxing "handing off of the baton" to MMA. Boxing was damaged severely with bad judging, poor performances, and really a lack of star power and heavyweights as of late. This is MMA's moment even with a Connor loss.

Both FM and CM are getting paid huge amounts and Floyd's probably done for good after this fight. His perfect records all he has to lose but will make hundreds of millions regardless. It's a win win for both. Connor isn't expected to win and will just go back to MMA with a few new tricks, which is insane to think about.

I agree, this fight will come down to conditioning. And Connor won't be able to keep the pace FM will set. FM ko'ing CM could happen, but I think Floyd will play it safe. He's the best defensive fighter ever and can easily pick CM apart. Becuase of this, Conor's only chance, a lucky KO of Floyd is extremely doubtful. I don't see Connor winning a round. But in the long run he's going to make a fortune off this. For him and others.